00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Better music quality with Finale?

1,178 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Better music quality with Finale? 2010-04-17 10:39:45

I've been writing with finale since I was 11, (6 years), and the instrument quality has yet to wow me. I understand it's more for writing the sheet music and all, but does anyone know of any way to make better quality instruments?

Berklee said stuff about midi sequencers and stuff.

I use finale to compose but I'm sure I could take the finished product and put it into some other program.

www.Soundcloud.com/Heinbokel

www.HeinbokelMusic.com

Multi-Media composer located in Burbank,CA

Response to Better music quality with Finale? 2010-04-17 10:41:06

At 4/17/10 10:39 AM, DarkantheHero wrote: I've been writing with finale since I was 11, (6 years), and the instrument quality has yet to wow me. I understand it's more for writing the sheet music and all, but does anyone know of any way to make better quality instruments?

Berklee said stuff about midi sequencers and stuff.

I use finale to compose but I'm sure I could take the finished product and put it into some other program.

Here's what I do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knx0yERXI Sk

www.Soundcloud.com/Heinbokel

www.HeinbokelMusic.com

Multi-Media composer located in Burbank,CA

Response to Better music quality with Finale? 2010-04-17 12:39:51

well if you could export your tracks out as midis, you could plug them into a DAW, and then you would have better instruments at your disposal

idk if finale can export midi though

Response to Better music quality with Finale? 2010-04-17 14:07:09

At 4/17/10 01:32 PM, wtflolnoob wrote:
At 4/17/10 12:39 PM, SessileNomad wrote: well if you could export your tracks out as midis, you could plug them into a DAW, and then you would have better instruments at your disposal

idk if finale can export midi though
If it can't, it's a total failiure software.

No, it can, I've tried it before :D.

OP, for a thread with list of DAW's and other threads with audio stuff, you can check here.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Better music quality with Finale? 2015-03-25 05:40:45

The last versions of Finale ( after finale 2009 ) have included a suite of vst instruments with better quality named Garritan Instruments. In addiction you can add other vst instruments even if it´s a little complicated, but I tried with some free vst plugins and it worked fine. I understand why you prefer finale: for who can read music it´s easier and more comfortable to see all the staves of the musical sheet. If you have any doubt, you can PM me.