00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrSkullium just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst games you ever played

3,979 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:40:58

i'm a big time gamer, so much so, that my youtube channel consists of videos dedicated to tearing apart some of the worst of the bunch. i need some ideas for future videos, so i wanna hear your horror stories about some terrible games. i do primarily NES, SNES, GB, GBA, and N64 games. if i like your games and story, i'll give you credit on my video.

If you read this, the terrorists win.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:43:24

i've already done Spongebob-battle for bikini bottom, star wars for gb, and i'm almost done with beavis and butthead for snes

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:46:59

At 4/9/10 08:41 PM, Tribalbeat wrote: Life. It takes too fucking long to beat.

and there aren't any cheat codes either

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:49:31

This thread's got tons of awful games mentioned. Remember to credit the author that posted their take on the game.

Link-a-doodley-doo!

It's okay... I won't make you lose THE GAME...

(You see whut I did thar? Herp-a-Derp)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:57:55

Try to play TimeSlip for SNES. I say 'try' because you won't be able to beat it.

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 20:58:41

If GameCube is at all in the picture, please thrash out Pac-Man Fever.

Gameplay consists of playing minigames, which determines how many spaces you move on the board. Each and every space has its own effect, some good, some bad, some just plain annoying. There are a grand total of six playable characters, none of which you have to unlock to play as.
(Your likely current opinion: Sounds like a cheap ripoff of Mario Party.)
The board is one way, and the first person to reach the end of the board wins. There are three board types: Medieval, Future, and Tropical. The type of board you play on determines the types of minigames you will play during the session.
(Your likely current opinion: This sounds somewhat interesting. Perhaps this dude is wrong.)
To claim you have actually beaten this game, you must earn tickets by playing on the boards. These tickets must be redeemed to receive minigames. After you have redeemed a minigame, you can play it at any time.
(Your likely current opinion: It might take a while, but this game sounds like fun!)
And that's the catch. The game is so agonizingly long. Even the "Short" option of a board takes about 15-30 minutes to win, and the other options, "Normal" and "Long", can be determined by multiplying that by 2 or 3, respectively. You will earn about 2 Tickets per game, and games cost anywhere from 1 to 5 Tickets. After I had finally played this game to completion, the only Pac-Man I ever wanted to play was the type in which you're running away from ghosts.

Which brings me to my conclusion: THIS GAME SUCKS.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 22:36:25

sounds bad! but i currently do not have a GC emulator. i know where to get one, but i suck with computers, and shit like that you cant just monkey around with, but thanks though

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-09 23:38:49

One game that really infuriated me was the GBA game Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.

I'm going to just ramble about it, if that's alright with you. First off, the story. It actually stayed pretty close to the book, but was slow and boring. One of the first things in the game you're supposed to do is pay a guy a gold coin in order to pass. The way you do this is by walking around a magic rock 3 times, which gives you a coin. However, you might accidentally spend this coin to buy a weapon. It will be impossible to pay the guy, and you lose. That's it. You have to start the ENTIRE GAME OVER AGAIN and do it right. This is in the first 15 minutes. And this is not the only time this happens. I once played hours into the game, reached the Mines of Moria, and got stuck because I used runes in the wrong order.

But you can overlook a few glitches if the gameplay is solid, right? Well, guess what? It sucks. The game is a turn-based RPG, which I like. However, there is no conventional experience points, a limited amount of enemies, items, and money, and no inns. Your hobbits will always suck, no matter how much they fight. Your health is NEVER restored without a health item, and those are often unavailable. Plus, combat only includes a couple of options, attack and items, so there is no strategy either. You're only as likely as not to actually hit an enemy, so battles are long, frustrating, and dangerous. The game's puzzles, when not broken like I mentioned above, were simple and unimaginative. It doesn't help that each character has a private inventory, which makes using and equipping items a chore.

But who needs gameplay, story, or a finished game when you have good presentation and whatnot? Never fear, this sucks too. Although technically adequate, the game's developers seems to go out of their ways to use the dullest shades of gray, brown, and green. The sound effects make Pokemon's sound decent, and the best thing I can say about the music is that its not too obnoxious.

All in all, this was probably the worst game I've ever played (besides a couple of games I blammed on Newgrounds). It was particularly disappointing, because the only movie game I had ever played before was Goldeneye. I didn't know it was supposed to suck.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 00:53:28

Star Trek: The Next Generation for the SNES.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 01:02:06

At 4/10/10 12:59 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 4/9/10 11:38 PM, Salnax wrote: But who needs gameplay, story, or a finished game when you have good presentation and whatnot? Never fear, this sucks too.
You need to become a games journalist.

Yay, I have a fan!

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 01:30:32

Well the worst I have played would have to be either DMC 2 or Soccer America. Both where pretty terrible and poorly made or just at the wrong place in the series. But with soccer games there is really never a series it's always just is the game good or just down right horrible. But in either case both of the above mentioned games really sucked some serious ass.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 02:13:52

I hired out the Aidyn Chronicles, the first mage on N64 when i was younger,
played for around twenty minuites then got stuck in a forest for an hour.

I wanted to punch myself in the face.

superman was also one of the owrst game ever made

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 03:42:03

The worst game i ever played was on the GameCube.

The name of the game is called Blowout.

Every thing about that game sucked. Just don't play. it i can't remember a lot about the game but it only has 10 levels and a lot of backtracking. Oh and the last level has a time limited after you kill the boss and hopefully you will not get lost trying to find the way out.
Also the bad guys come back after you kill them. And it some kind of 3D game that seems to be stuck in 2D.

All i can remember and it was the worst 5$ i have ever spent.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 04:15:17

I care not for your wants and needs.

Jumper: Griffin's Story is the biggest pile of wank I have ever played.
even though every achievements is 50G and are generally all quite easy to get.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 07:47:09

thanks for all the suggestions guys, i'll try to see what i can review. it'll be awhile, cuz i'm also reviewing bevis and butthead, buffy the vampire slayer, moonwalker, batman forever, and Petz Dogs 2.

btw, dont compare me to AVGN, i simply review, i dont go to great lengths to tell ten minute shit jokes

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 07:55:49

if you'd like, you can check out my youtube channel, i tried before on general forum, and got bitched at, but i trust you guys. and while your there, take a look at the top comment. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 08:28:06

the game i ever been really disapointed in is Call of Duty FInest Hour for Ps2. There were cheatcodes, but only 1 worked, and you lost health for no reason most of the time. But the reason i was ost disapointed was becuz of the commercials, it looked like a decent game, but when I got it... wow.

Hey you!!! u can read and uve lost a few seconds of your life.so sorry

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 11:41:58

At 4/10/10 08:28 AM, Sp3nc3r wrote: the game i ever been really disapointed in is Call of Duty FInest Hour for Ps2. There were cheatcodes, but only 1 worked, and you lost health for no reason most of the time. But the reason i was ost disapointed was becuz of the commercials, it looked like a decent game, but when I got it... wow.

I agree, that game was awful.

Even worse than Modern Borefest 2.

Oh, I'm terrible.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 12:22:43

I think it was called Finding Nemo for the PS2.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 12:53:01

the worst game i ever played is an application in facebook named petville. its the worst

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 13:53:53

At 4/10/10 12:53 PM, gamevoid024 wrote: the worst game i ever played is an application in facebook named petville. its the worst

Everything on facebook is the worst. Especially Farmville.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 13:55:40

L.A Rush.

God, that was THE WORST racing game I've ever played.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 14:29:47

At 4/10/10 01:53 PM, letiger wrote:
At 4/10/10 12:53 PM, gamevoid024 wrote: the worst game i ever played is an application in facebook named petville. its the worst
Everything on facebook is the worst. Especially Farmville.

fishville is alright. i just play it so i can pass my dad, and get him to stop being an arrogant ass

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 15:05:39

I really, really hated Superman 64. What does flying through rings have to do with anything?

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 15:19:42

Half-Life 2

I'd rather eat babies than play through the game again.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 15:37:02

inb4sonic

Rayman: Raving Rabbids. That game caused my physical injury.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 15:54:25

At 4/10/10 07:55 AM, HappyMango wrote: if you'd like, you can check out my youtube channel, i tried before on general forum, and got bitched at, but i trust you guys. and while your there, take a look at the top comment. :D

I'll take a look, and will be sure not to compare you to the AVGN.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 19:22:42

Super Smash Bros. All three of them. They all suck, and need to go away. The fact that so many people take them seriously just makes me sick.

Gamertag: Calcos323

Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 20:28:17

At 4/10/10 07:22 PM, Calcos wrote: Super Smash Bros. All three of them. They all suck, and need to go away. The fact that so many people take them seriously just makes me sick.

okay, who turned off the tr0ll shield? was it you Salnax?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-10 21:24:07

At 4/10/10 08:28 PM, HappyMango wrote:
At 4/10/10 07:22 PM, Calcos wrote: Super Smash Bros. All three of them. They all suck, and need to go away. The fact that so many people take them seriously just makes me sick.
okay, who turned off the tr0ll shield? was it you Salnax?

Whoops! My Bad. I'll be sure to keep it on from now on.