00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst games you ever played

3,942 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-26 16:36:40

Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament for the PS2.

It took my favorite anime series, and ruined not only that, but the entire fighter genre. Thanks a lot.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-28 16:49:08

GoldenEye 007!

Nah, just kidding. You'd think I'd actually say that here?

Back to topic, I'd have to say that I stay away from all the crap out there. However, I was wondering if anyone remembered a game called 007 Racing for the PlayStation. No? Didn't think so.

Although mission based games are great, just driving in a car and never getting out to complete the missions just doesn't fit right. They should've created a driving/action hybrid, like Driver or Grand Theft Auto, only for certain missions, or something like that. It actually felt more like Twisted Metal more than anything. And then they called the game a "Racing" game? That completely ruined it there.

I probably made no sense there, but at least I tried!

~Stormy036

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-28 19:08:09

Prey for the Xbox 360.

Now, I can't properly justify my hate for the game. It's not particularly glitchy or bad, but it's just so painfully generic. The gameplay plays like you might expect any standard FPS, shoot, change weapon, etc. You shoot an enemy and they die, and vice versa and-- oh wait, it's not like that. In Prey, you can't lose. That's right, it's actually impossible to die in Prey. Once you reach a certain point, you get this spirit walk thing, which pretty much replaces death. Instead of dying, you just play a minigame for about a minute, and you keep on going like nothing happened. It's impossible to lose in that game, even on the highest difficulty setting. All that means is that you'll spend more time on that minigame.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-28 19:14:18

At 4/26/10 04:34 PM, Calcos wrote:
Ok, here's why:

A bunch of stuff

I admit: those are some good points. The game ISall about the fanservice, the game is as unbalanced as Glenn Beck's mind, and people take it too seriously. Still, I can't help but admire some aspects of the SSB series. It tries to apply Nintendo's "Simple=/= Bad" Philosophy to fighters, and the game is fun provided you play it with friends or don't take it too seriously. Its like the silly action flick of Nintendo: not that great, but still fun.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-28 19:16:43

At 4/28/10 04:49 PM, stormy036 wrote: GoldenEye 007!

Lights a torch on fire and grabs a pitchfork.

Hurriedly dowses the torch in a bucket of water and uses the pitchfork to move hay.

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-28 21:19:16

bad company 2

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-29 14:44:26

At 4/28/10 07:16 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 4/28/10 04:49 PM, stormy036 wrote: GoldenEye 007!
Lights a torch on fire and grabs a pitchfork.

Hurriedly dowses the torch in a bucket of water and uses the pitchfork to move hay.

Yeah, that would have been suicide if I said that and suck with it! Hahahahahaha!!!

Response to Worst games you ever played 2010-04-29 14:48:59

At 4/26/10 04:34 PM, Calcos wrote:
Ok, here's why:

("Good and valid points delivered.")

Well I found only SSBM to be fun, to a certain point. But, yeah, I don't take the game seriously as a fighting game and I only play it "casually" at best. I tried Brawl and it wasn't the same. In fact, I'd say I was a little disappointed.

But that's my opinion.

~Stormy036