Rude-Awakening
Rude-Awakening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 12th, 2010 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 4/12/10 05:42 PM, lolomfgisuck wrote: Crackdown

As far as 'next-gen' goes, this is the worst I've played.

Well, it wasn't the worst game ever, and it was made in like 2007 so cut it some slack, but yeah, the ending did frustrate me aswell, as I had the Asian guy, but it did indeed show the big black guy at the end.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0
Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature
RandomFreak
RandomFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 12th, 2010 @ 05:58 PM Reply

I've done pretty well to avoid the really bad games but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was an abomination.

Calcos
Calcos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 26th, 2010 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 4/11/10 10:49 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 4/11/10 10:39 PM, Calcos wrote:
At 4/10/10 08:28 PM, HappyMango wrote:
At 4/10/10 07:22 PM, Calcos wrote: Super Smash Bros. All three of them. They all suck, and need to go away. The fact that so many people take them seriously just makes me sick.
okay, who turned off the tr0ll shield? was it you Salnax?
I lol'ed, very hard, but I'm also not trolling. No, seriously, those games are a disgrace to the Video Gaming world. I wish they had never been made.
Funny, most people like those games. I know that I might regret this, but can you elaborate on why you hate them?

Ok, here's why:

1) The Fanservice. Now, Fanservice is something that is common in games. Super Street Fighter 4 has many demanded characters from past games. Do I have a problem with this? No. In fact, I can't wait for this game. Unfortunately for SSB, Fanservice is all it has. It's major hype is that it allows you to beat the crap out of your friends with famous Nintendo characters.......and nothing else. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If this game didn't have famous Nintendo stars in it, then it wouldn't have gotten any attention at all.

2) Miscellaneous Bullshit. Needless content (Stickers? Seriously?), tripping, port priority, horrible glitches, disgusting online, must use a button to block (it's a 2D game, for Christ's sake!), and the dreadfully simple gameplay system. No wonder so many little kids play this game. It's because it's gameplay system is so simple a kid could play it, and play it well.

3) Lack of Satisfaction. Whenever I win a match in SSB, I never feel good about it. Why? It's too simple, and doesn't allow for any sort of complex design mechanics, all it is is hit your opponent and wait for him to recover, then do it again, and again, and again. There is no solid combo system, no super moves (SMASH BULLS R CHEAP!!!), no complex strategies, nothing. Games get boring when you can master them in a week.

4) The Community: This is the straw that broke the camel's back. I can't believe the lengths the community will go to make a game that isn't balanced and tournament-based and turn into something that it was never meant to be. Almost everything is banned in tournaments, and the game is constantly being modded, which just shows what the game was really meant for: Havoc. Undeniable, brutal, and absolutely insane amounts of, HAVOC.

I will admit, the game isn't bad. It's what it's being treated like that makes me wish that it never existed. It's a lot like the Power Stone games, but has a giant fanbase of drooling idiots. I constantly tell them to play an actual tournament fighter, like Street Fighter, but whenever they try one out, they drop the controller in 5 minutes because they think it's "too complex". And no, Soul Calibur isn't a tournament fighter. Games don't deserve to be hated only after 5 minutes of playtime. Give it a chance, and if you truly like Fighters, then you'll like them, and leave Super Smash Bros. behind, like I did.

Gamertag: Calcos323
Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature
TannerTouchdown
TannerTouchdown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 26th, 2010 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament for the PS2.

It took my favorite anime series, and ruined not only that, but the entire fighter genre. Thanks a lot.

stormy036
stormy036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 28th, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

GoldenEye 007!

Nah, just kidding. You'd think I'd actually say that here?

Back to topic, I'd have to say that I stay away from all the crap out there. However, I was wondering if anyone remembered a game called 007 Racing for the PlayStation. No? Didn't think so.

Although mission based games are great, just driving in a car and never getting out to complete the missions just doesn't fit right. They should've created a driving/action hybrid, like Driver or Grand Theft Auto, only for certain missions, or something like that. It actually felt more like Twisted Metal more than anything. And then they called the game a "Racing" game? That completely ruined it there.

I probably made no sense there, but at least I tried!

~Stormy036

Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 28th, 2010 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Prey for the Xbox 360.

Now, I can't properly justify my hate for the game. It's not particularly glitchy or bad, but it's just so painfully generic. The gameplay plays like you might expect any standard FPS, shoot, change weapon, etc. You shoot an enemy and they die, and vice versa and-- oh wait, it's not like that. In Prey, you can't lose. That's right, it's actually impossible to die in Prey. Once you reach a certain point, you get this spirit walk thing, which pretty much replaces death. Instead of dying, you just play a minigame for about a minute, and you keep on going like nothing happened. It's impossible to lose in that game, even on the highest difficulty setting. All that means is that you'll spend more time on that minigame.

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 28th, 2010 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 4/26/10 04:34 PM, Calcos wrote:
Ok, here's why:

A bunch of stuff

I admit: those are some good points. The game ISall about the fanservice, the game is as unbalanced as Glenn Beck's mind, and people take it too seriously. Still, I can't help but admire some aspects of the SSB series. It tries to apply Nintendo's "Simple=/= Bad" Philosophy to fighters, and the game is fun provided you play it with friends or don't take it too seriously. Its like the silly action flick of Nintendo: not that great, but still fun.

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 28th, 2010 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 4/28/10 04:49 PM, stormy036 wrote: GoldenEye 007!

Lights a torch on fire and grabs a pitchfork.

Hurriedly dowses the torch in a bucket of water and uses the pitchfork to move hay.

Jereminion
Jereminion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 28th, 2010 @ 09:19 PM Reply

bad company 2

stormy036
stormy036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 29th, 2010 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 4/28/10 07:16 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 4/28/10 04:49 PM, stormy036 wrote: GoldenEye 007!
Lights a torch on fire and grabs a pitchfork.

Hurriedly dowses the torch in a bucket of water and uses the pitchfork to move hay.

Yeah, that would have been suicide if I said that and suck with it! Hahahahahaha!!!

stormy036
stormy036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Worst games you ever played Apr. 29th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 4/26/10 04:34 PM, Calcos wrote:
Ok, here's why:

("Good and valid points delivered.")

Well I found only SSBM to be fun, to a certain point. But, yeah, I don't take the game seriously as a fighting game and I only play it "casually" at best. I tried Brawl and it wasn't the same. In fact, I'd say I was a little disappointed.

But that's my opinion.

~Stormy036