00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

News Comment Request Club

24,317 Views | 201 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

News Comment Request Club 2010-03-25 20:31:54

(My apologies in advance if this has been done before...)

This is the spot to request comments on yer NewGrounds news page. Maybe you've got a wicked sweet picture from yer deviant art account or an interesting blog you'd like to share with the rest of the class.

Well, this is the place to do it, pally.

Only requirements are obviously to have at least one news post for us to comment on. (Extra points to all of you who said "No shit, Sherlock." out loud just now.)

So I'll go first. I put up a picture of my son giving me a cake-filled kiss at his first birthday party. It's quite a cute picture and I'd like you all to see it, yer baby loving you being one of the many perks of being a daddy.

Thank you to everyone that leaves a message for Midian (my son), and welcome to the club!

~PantyWipe

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-25 20:59:43

I liked the idea of the club, since a lot of ppl don't comment on your news...

I wanna join, and, let's see what this club will be in the future!!

:D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-25 21:37:54

I'll join. I think this is a great idea, though it could do with a little organization mayhaps?

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 01:59:57

At 3/25/10 09:37 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I'll join. I think this is a great idea, though it could do with a little organization mayhaps?

what did you have in mind for organization? better yet... yer my co-creator for this crew. You are now the

OFFICIAL NG NEWS REQUEST CLUB PRESIDENT OF ORGANIZATION.

(it's even in bold AND italic aaaaand caps lock to demonstrate how long and/or important yer new job title is! lol.

so... organize away, Mr. President!

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 11:25:32

Nice huh??

The first member of your thread isn't an important member, OK, just throw me on the ground...

:P

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 14:32:52

I'll vouch for this idea, and if it sticks around I'll add some comments of my own. I think it'll clean up General by giving people an opportunity to show things to other users without making a thread about it there where it would just get deleted anyways and probably get a spam thread ban for the creator. One thing is to tell users to make sure they post the links to each specific newspost so we don't have to look around to find them. I'm sure since the idea just came up, there's probably going to be people who have newsposts a few pages back that they would like people to comment on. Plus it'll make it easier to go through a lot of newsposts quickly if you can click links out of the thread. Hopefully this will catch on. Gotta say I like it. :p

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 15:03:35

At 3/26/10 01:59 AM, PantyWipe wrote:
At 3/25/10 09:37 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I'll join. I think this is a great idea, though it could do with a little organization mayhaps?
what did you have in mind for organization? better yet... yer my co-creator for this crew. You are now the

OFFICIAL NG NEWS REQUEST CLUB PRESIDENT OF ORGANIZATION.

(it's even in bold AND italic aaaaand caps lock to demonstrate how long and/or important yer new job title is! lol.

so... organize away, Mr. President!

hmm... not quite what I expected there. well, honestly, I think it might be kinda hard for people to just join and start commenting on random news posts. Were you thinking the club should only give comments to other members, or to anyone that cares to make a post?

At 3/26/10 11:25 AM, RogerBK wrote: Nice huh??

The first member of your thread isn't an important member, OK, just throw me on the ground...

P

hey now, you wanna help me man? I'm not really sure how to start organizing this club, I was just suggesting that there was some organization. PM me and we'll start working on it man.

At 3/26/10 02:32 PM, michelinman wrote: Ideas/support

thanks man. We should make people include a link to the news post, that's a great idea.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 15:27:47

At 3/26/10 03:03 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: hmm... not quite what I expected there. well, honestly, I think it might be kinda hard for people to just join and start commenting on random news posts. Were you thinking the club should only give comments to other members, or to anyone that cares to make a post?

I personally don't think there should be members unless you want to keep track of who posts comments on requested newsposts, like the Review Request Club does with their roster and standings. Basically you get a point for every good review you leave and then they have a roster that keeps track of how many points everyone has.

I think it'd just run a lot smoother if it was no strings attached, and no competition. Just let randoms post their newsposts and other randoms swing in and comment on them. I'm sure it'd develop a lot of regulars in here if the thread stays active. Just my thoughts

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 15:34:33

At 3/26/10 03:27 PM, michelinman wrote: I personally don't think there should be members unless you want to keep track of who posts comments on requested newsposts, like the Review Request Club does with their roster and standings. Basically you get a point for every good review you leave and then they have a roster that keeps track of how many points everyone has.

I think it'd just run a lot smoother if it was no strings attached, and no competition. Just let randoms post their newsposts and other randoms swing in and comment on them. I'm sure it'd develop a lot of regulars in here if the thread stays active. Just my thoughts

fair enough. I kind of like that idea. My only real problem with that is that there's going to be a lot more requests than responses, which really might hurt the thread. I dunno, that may be just me though.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 18:42:41

balancing out the request/response ratio I just kinda figured that everyone would be polite enough to comment on the blogs of users that commented on theirs. It doesnt have to be a rule per say, just a suggestion. If someone is taking the time to reply to yer news post, please do the same for them.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 19:06:14

Sounds good my man.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 19:15:46

Oh yeah, some comments please...
http://frenzy.newgrounds.com/news/post/4 52858

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 20:27:15

Man, the thread is really going, let's keep it nice and clear, it can be a famous club, such as RRC!!

GO NCRC!!

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-26 23:38:40

Jeez thatd be cool. Id love it if this thing actually stayed afloat for more than one page and people actually had a place to go to get comments on their NG blog that arent just some spammer putting "Fuck you fag LOLOLORZOR!!!!!1111ONEoneuno" all over it.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 00:56:43

An interesting club, indeed.

If this takes off, maybe I'll start the "Rebuttal to the News Comments Club", followed by the "Alternate Opinions to the Rebuttal of The News Comments Club", and then finally, "Parting Comments on the Alternate Opinions to the Rebuttal of the News Comments Club".

And, no, they don't pay me to be a pain in the ass - I do this all for free! hehehehe....

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 01:06:16

I made a new blog post a couple of weeks ago, pretty much talking about how life has been going, as well as plans for feature flash..es.

Let me know what you think.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 03:23:44

At 3/27/10 01:06 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I made a new blog post a couple of weeks ago, pretty much talking about how life has been going, as well as plans for feature flash..es.

Let me know what you think.

Just threw ya a comment man. Like I said on yer blog, thanks for joining. I'm extremely optimistic about this crew, because I cant believe how many people with QUALITY news posts are joining and keeping this thread alive!

I'm lovin' it, like Ronald McDonald does when he gets a piece from a hottie!!!

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 14:13:55

Hey, sounds like a plan PantyWipe! Take a look at this:

I posted this in the Writers Lounge a while back, but didn't get a single comment on it!

"Beowulf & Gilgamesh".

It's a song I did for a project back in the fall of 07 for English.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 14:21:50

At 3/27/10 01:06 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: At 3/27/10 02:13 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:

shabam! Two news posts commented. This club's actually working out pretty well so far.

meyhaps?

At 3/27/10 03:23 AM, PantyWipe wrote: I'm lovin' it, like Ronald McDonald does when he gets a piece from a hottie!!!

this is now my favorite picture of all time.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 14:33:27

I had already thought about making a club for this.
I didn't do it cause I thought it would only result in people posting

"Go check mine"
"Go comment my news post, it's funny lolz"
"OMG you have to read my new stuff"

I think there should be a few more rules, like having to post and participate a little more in the club. When a member becomes renowned then we would check his stuff most frequently.

What do you think?

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 14:42:54

At 3/27/10 02:33 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I had already thought about making a club for this.
I didn't do it cause I thought it would only result in people posting

"Go check mine"
"Go comment my news post, it's funny lolz"
"OMG you have to read my new stuff"

I think there should be a few more rules, like having to post and participate a little more in the club. When a member becomes renowned then we would check his stuff most frequently.

What do you think?

Roger and I discussed this some, but it seemed to get vetoed, so it didn't really happen. Unless you'd care to try to organize some rules?

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 17:01:24

I don't think there'd be much of a point in implementing a kind of ranking system and the higher up you go, the more views you get. People don't really put up that many newsposts. There does need to be a way to get conversation into the thread. Maybe instead of posting comments, we could respond to them in the thread? That way there would be more exposure for each newspost, and it would keep the thread from turning into page after page of nothing but requests. It'd be more like the News Comment Discussion Club.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 17:19:51

You guys have some awesome ideas, Ill try to get a list of all of em together and well make it our club charter lol.

If someone else wants to do it though go ahead because Midian is literally crawling all over my torso and keyboard. its taken me 10 minutes to write this so far :-D the little brat LOVES being on the internet with me.

friggin kids... gotta love em.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 17:37:27

I would like people to comment my stuff. But if everyone just ask others to read their stuff but do not get involved in commenting, than this club will be useless.

Maybe you should keep a list of members who want to be active members of the club.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 18:02:59

At 3/27/10 05:37 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I would like people to comment my stuff. But if everyone just ask others to read their stuff but do not get involved in commenting, than this club will be useless.

Maybe you should keep a list of members who want to be active members of the club.

If we discuss the content of peoples newsposts in the thread instead of leaving a comment, there wouldn't be a huge lack of people to respond. When a random person comes into the thread to try and get exposure for their newspost, they'll likely see a conversation about a user post that might intrigue them and get them involved in responding.

I'm gonna throw out the rules I've got in mind after thinking about it for a while, and you guys let me know what you think. Requesters have to put a paragraph or two description, link to the specific newspost, and a pic is optional. That way passerby can get a feel for what they are talking about without having to go to their user page. A lot of people would want to come to this thread just to post their link and then not come back. This way, there is conversation going on in the thread that they will see and be more likely to join in instead of just leaving.

When leaving your "comment," do a reply and quote to the specific newspost you're responding to. Then type out whatever you wanted to say. You don't have to leave a comment on the newspost, but you can. Then the people who want comments would check the thread often to see if anyone was making conversation about their newspost. While they were doing that, they would likely see a different conversation going on that they could talk about too.

I think it'd be the best way. It'd be cool because a lot of newsposts are going to be about serious things, and it would definitely make for some really deep conversations in the thread. Shit, if we keep it cleaned up, this thread might be one of the most mature ones on newgrounds. What do you guys think?

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 19:11:42

I like the idea of keeping the discussion to this thread, that could be great. Perhaps we could do as you say, and make comments on the newspost optional, but if that were the case, we might need to start this thread over. 'News Comment Request Club' might cause a lot of people to just request comments on their newsposts. Maybe we could all agree to comment on the newspost that causes the most discussion every week or something? To keep it a little more in line with the title? What do you all think?

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 19:45:06

if you guys really want to start it over, let me know. We can get the list of rules set in stone and ill post them as the first post in the topic. Or we can just stick to this thread, let people post their requests, and the more involved members can use this thread as a place for discussion. its up to you guys. either way, let me know what you all decide.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 20:10:11

I dunno. I think it could work either way. I'm down for whatever everyone else decides.

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-27 22:20:35

Wow man!!

Awesome to think that this club is going somewhere...

I think we shoulda keep the club like it is, let's see what it'll happen, it will be awesome!!

BBS Signature

Response to News Comment Request Club 2010-03-28 01:57:17

I say pantywipe gathers everything we've all decided together and makes an official rules and posts it in the next post in the thread. Then we can ask a mod to delete a post on the first page so that the official rules would be at the top of the second page. We could just link new users to the top of the second page. So nobody post until pantywipe does. He can decide what he wants to do.