00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

All nighter or 2 hours sleep?

37,701 Views | 24 Replies

All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:01:57

It's 6am and I'm barely getting any work done now... Got more to do tomorrow morning and need to be up at 8:30. Do i grab a couple hours sleep or just stay up?

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:03:06

Get sleep so you work more efficiently in the morning.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:04:43

You fall asleep, you wont wake up. Or be completely drowsy.
You need some coffee or 5 hour energy to keep running until you are able to sleep properly.

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:04:45

At 3/15/10 02:01 AM, HitIer wrote: It's 6am and I'm barely getting any work done now... Got more to do tomorrow morning and need to be up at 8:30. Do i grab a couple hours sleep or just stay up?

Stay up at this point, trying to sleep for 2 hours will pretty much make you tired all day by the time you wake up, but staying up will leave you energized for longer (with enough energy drinks).

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:18:11

yeah if you fall asleep now you'll end up worse i suggest trying your best to stay awake and maybe go to bed earlier, so you can at least catch up on a little bit of the sleep you missed

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:21:37

You're this far, better go all the way.

This sig contains original content.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:23:12

Whenever I do this I just oversleep and feel bad still, best thing is to just not sleep and down a load of caffeine.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:25:57

Go for the all nighter!

Take a shower, drink some energy drinks and listen to loud music and get your blood pumping. Don't sit/lie down though or you'll fall asleep for sure.

Going to sleep now would just destroy your day.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:26:57

Your body will prefer the 2 hours of sleep.

While you will feel worse when you do get up, that will wear off a bit during the day. If you get no sleep at all, sure you feel ok now but as the good goes on you'll be completely worn out.

So sleep, and next time just go to bed at a decent hour. You owe your body that much.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:31:30

do the all nighter or you'll be fucked in 2 hours

seriously

That picture is funny because it was on the news that some bitch got that tattoo and when she got home her parents freaked out and she said she fell asleep and a scary man tattood her face, then 2 weeks later she admitted that she wanted it lol.

All nighter or 2 hours sleep?

The almighty homer face commandeth thine doing of stuffeth =(8^(l)

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 02:41:10

Stay up, becuase if you do get to sleep you will just want to stay asleep when you wake up.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 03:20:43

I actually had a similar problem, since it was getting later and later and I couldn't actually properly fall to sleep. However, in a bizarre turn of events, I actually woke up still before my alarm clock went off.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 03:26:28

I've noticed from experience that if I stay up all night without trying to sleep at all, I'll be more awake for the first half of the day than if I had gotten any sleep at all. (I even know of a scientific explanation for why this is, but I'll spare you the details) Sitting quietly for 10-15 would probably be the most effective way to rest yourself. I'd say to do a stabilizing meditation for a bit, but if you've never done one, now would be a bad time to learn how.

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 03:35:18

OMG I am in the same situation, I have to go to the airport in 2 hours.. but I am not sleeping :D

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 03:41:57

You're Hitler, haven't you been asleep for a few years now?

HUGS AND KISSES

This signature has been done by the incredibly sexy Donut.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 03:53:38

DO NOT GO TO SLEEP. Trust me. it will be so much better. No sleep turns you into some kind of one track pneumatic machine. 2 hours of sleep makes you think that you should still be sleeping, and you will fall asleep so much more.
Oh, and in either case, never get to comfortable. Keep yourself on edge, or you will pass out.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 05:00:08

I'm in the same boat tonight, actually. I think I'm just gonna stay up, even though I'm dead fucking tired.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 05:16:52

Personally I would just stay awake at that point, and I would probably drink some coffee too (even though I normally never drink coffee).

You might feel a bit like crap in the morning, but usually you'll put yourself over your sleep around noon. At least that's what I usually experience. By the time I get really sleepy again it's usually already evening, so you'll be home from work and can go to bed if you like. I would try to stay awake until at least 10 or so though, to prevent yourself from waking up at 4 AM and get a very bad sleep-rhythm.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 05:44:58

Well i can sleep 2 or 12 hours and still be awake when i have to. i am only a little tired when i'm getting waked up. but then it goes maybe 10 minutes and i am fully awake =D

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 06:02:22

At 3/15/10 03:02 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/15/10 02:26 AM, Gagsy wrote: Your body will prefer the 2 hours of sleep.
Why am I the only one that agree with Gagsy here?

Since your body will quickly go into a deep sleep state because it's already tired, the 2 hours sleep that you will get will make you feel much better in the long run, than having no sleep at all. Plus you will be more work efficient than if you would with no sleep.

I don't know about this. Of course it is good that you've had at least some rest, but I think I've heard once that waking up in the middle of the "deep sleep"-phase is actually pretty bad for you.

So I'm not sure which one would be better ultimately. I think you are right in that the two hours of sleep will be better on the long run. On the other hand though, if that difference starts to kick in in the evening he would have been better off staying awake I think.

Forgot to reply to this one earlier

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 06:50:07

At 3/15/10 02:01 AM, HitIer wrote: It's 6am and I'm barely getting any work done now... Got more to do tomorrow morning and need to be up at 8:30. Do i grab a couple hours sleep or just stay up?

If you go to sleep, the next scene will be you waking up at 1 pm.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 06:56:26

Haha, ugh, I'm in the exact same situation. Sleeping is better for you and you'll feel like shit for the first half of the day, but staying up you'll feel better for the first half but worst the second half.
(I'm going to school in 5 hours. I think I'll just fall asleep the moment I get home)

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 10:56:03

At 3/15/10 06:50 AM, idle wrote:
If you go to sleep, the next scene will be you waking up at 1 pm.

Too right! I stayed up, I got work done did a presentation and all is well in the world.

Let that be a lesson to you all!

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 11:01:21

At this point it's just better to go for an all nighter, just buy some energy drinks and go to work.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to All nighter or 2 hours sleep? 2010-03-15 11:09:01

My experience says stay up, if you go to sleep you will be nonfunctional when you wake up.

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature