00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This board is no longer intellegent

2,035 Views | 29 Replies

What happened to all the intelligent users who used to browse, when Newgrounds used consistently proper grammar, where alts and trolls didn't exist? When we were the most intellectual community on the web? These '10 users have ruined the site.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:49:21

They're in the politics forum.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:49:27

At 3/9/10 09:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: These '10 users have ruined the site.

It was the same in 2009.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:49:27

From what I can tell this forum was never that intelligent.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:49:40

They all went Up in Smoke

yanno..With all the goddamn weed topics around.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:50:11

They were all blasted away by gangsta nigras.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:51:59

They married

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:52:19

At 3/9/10 09:50 AM, Catoblepas wrote: They were all blasted away by gangsta nigras.

pink capri pants whaaaaaat

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:54:53

It's not just the 10 users. But we get it, we've heard the same thing from users for the past few years about blah blah the BBS sucks everyone is stupid etc. Well it's the way it is so shut up stop bitching.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 09:55:48

At 3/9/10 09:54 AM, EpicFail wrote: It's not just the 10 users. But we get it, we've heard the same thing from users for the past few years about blah blah the BBS sucks everyone is stupid etc. Well it's the way it is so shut up stop bitching.

No, all the shitty users came NOW. January 1, 2010 was the day the BBS sucked. NOW NOW NOW

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:02:59

It was never intelligent.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:03:51

At 3/9/10 09:49 AM, The-Great-One wrote: From what I can tell this forum was never that intelligent.

same... unfortunately not many people actually care about being smart... or caring about what they say...

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:09:13

Mo' gangstas to da rescue!

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:10:34

At 3/9/10 09:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: What happened to all the intelligent users who used to browse, when Newgrounds used consistently proper grammar, where alts and trolls didn't exist? When we were the most intellectual community on the web? These '10 users have ruined the site.

Hmmm I think I have heard this somewhere else. Oh yeah, just about every other thread where people complain about other people. If you want an intelligent conversation, start one.

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:38:39

At 3/9/10 09:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: What happened to all the intelligent users who used to browse, when Newgrounds used consistently proper grammar, where alts and trolls didn't exist? When we were the most intellectual community on the web? These '10 users have ruined the site.

Says the guy who misspelled the word intelligent on the title of the thread. Now that's irony. Now I've been here for a long time (even longer than my profile page suggests), and I've never viewed this as the most intellectual community on the web. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's never been like that.

On the other hand, while there have always been stupid, small minded people polluting the population, the artists and the more intelligent people do create the balance needed to make this a varied community.

Yes, there are more stupid people, more preteens, more alts, and more trolls than ever- but it's still relatively in proportion, because in general there are just plain more people on the site.

Now, if only we could do something about all those complainers....

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:53:14

At 3/9/10 09:49 AM, dx5231 wrote:
At 3/9/10 09:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: These '10 users have ruined the site.
It was the same in 2009.

And in 08. Wait, this board used to be intelligent?

I made this sig myself and I am proud of it.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:55:16

At 3/9/10 10:53 AM, Spawnah wrote:
And in 08. Wait, this board used to be intelligent?

No, he's trying to trick you.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:56:13

See what happend when i left NG :3?
And seriously was this board ever intelligent? in 09 we complained on 09 users and now 10 we complain about 10 users....

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:57:57

this board hasn't been intelligent ever since I've joined.

I've never cared about it much.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 10:59:54

bizarro gangstas

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 11:01:27

At 3/9/10 09:55 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: No, all the shitty users came NOW. January 1, 2010 was the day the BBS sucked. NOW NOW NOW

Wrong.

I've said this all before; I'll likely say it all again in another month's time: You're the one that changes, not the BBS. The longer you're on here for, the more samey and dumb it appears to be in your eyes, because you as a person are getting more mature and intelligent all the time, while the mental age of the BBS as a whole is a constant. Ergo, it only looks like it's getting worse, when in fact you're getting better and not noticing.

Try finding all the threads / posts / users you're remembering as 'epic', go read through them again and see if they have the same impression on you now. Chances are, they won't.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 11:04:12

At 3/9/10 10:11 AM, LOLZILLA wrote:
At 3/9/10 10:09 AM, Catoblepas wrote: Mo' gangstas to da rescue!
yeh boi kil da haterz

!wop wop wop woP

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 11:06:56

At 3/9/10 09:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: where alts and trolls didn't exist?

I have a bunch of troll alts that have been here longer than you.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 11:09:00

At 3/9/10 10:59 AM, Yacazuma wrote: bizarro gangstas

I'll look at it this way. Great minds think alike.

Plus I had the reply page open for 5 minutes. Plus I'm funnier. And since it's all the rage I pull senority.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 11:10:24

I have been on this site for over 6 years, and I can tell you that everyone comes to this point eventually. At first people will think these forums are great. They are, but most start to get tired of it after a year or so making things seem less intelligent. There were always trolls, alts, etc, but you just didn't notice them at first.

Click my sig to see my awesome youtube videos. I guarentee you'll like them or you can fuck my cats.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 12:13:49

At 3/9/10 11:10 AM, BoshansStudios wrote: I have been on this site for over 6 years, and I can tell you that everyone comes to this point eventually. At first people will think these forums are great. They are, but most start to get tired of it after a year or so making things seem less intelligent. There were always trolls, alts, etc, but you just didn't notice them at first.

Until another few years later you'll realize it's not so bad actually ;)

I don't know about you guys, but I have seen forums for our age group which were far worse than the NG BBS. Not even talking about 4chan or anything. Just regulars forums for some sites where it was nothing but endless strings of one-liners and mods locking pretty much everything without any good reason. Others hardly had any activity at all. And of course there is Youtube, where I have read some of the most retarted comments imaginable.

So for a forum being mostly infested with teenagers, I think the NG BBS is doing alright. There is some good, intelligent discussion going on here and there. You just gotta take some time to look for it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 12:15:36

At 3/9/10 10:10 AM, Saxturbation wrote:

That's the deal!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 12:28:43

when was that? Newgrounds always has had this spammy of a bbs.

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 12:38:48

And every year we get the same statement: "these new users are ruining the site" and others of the sort. To be honest, I don't think the forums have gone downhill - no users (except a select few) have actually done anything to agitate me in general.

Maybe I'm just too used to this place, though...

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to This board is no longer intellegent 2010-03-09 12:41:59

At 3/9/10 12:38 PM, Mechabloby wrote:
And every year we get the same statement: "these new users are ruining the site" and others of the sort. To be honest, I don't think the forums have gone downhill - no users (except a select few) have actually done anything to agitate me in general.

Maybe I'm just too used to this place, though...

They provide cheap laughs regually, sadly lately there have been less good threads to post in i dont find staying on general for a long time at once to good. Needs a yaoi spam or something to boost interest.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature