00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nothing War: Pre Nothins

1,126 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-20 21:27:03

First off is the prolouge:

Prologue,
Man who holds power

"Sir, the armies are failing we must do something. Or at least retreat. Come on sir we must go now or we might all..." He never finished his sentence. Blood ran down his face and his body and his hands and then finally dropped on the floor. He fell down on the padded dirt with a few arrows on his back and the on that killed him in the center of his skull. The king looked upon him almost in shock. The messenger wash is brother. They had been together for as long as he could remember. And because they were twins they even switch places to mess around with ever one.
The king was of old. He had Grey and black hair and white panted iron armor. With is coat of arms on his dark blue cape and shield. His faced was old with years of earned wisdom and knowledge, and his bright, warm, and shining blue eye that looked inviting. His face was long and stern looked has though he was trying to solve the most difficult question known to men.
"I'm sorry, brother, but I know as well as you did that we can not turn around now we have come to far to retreat. I will force Dranthic to give up or I will kill him. If I am unable to do that then I am not fit to call my self a king of the people"
He picked up his sword and shield. His sword he received from his father and from his father's father. A sword made for the kings.
"I'm sorry but it is for that reason I must go. And I can not help you for I must leave you like this. I'm sorry."
The kind departed form is tent to face Dranthic while fighting and cutting down his enemies on his way, one last time. Of all the time Dranthic and the king fought for power Dranthic always won and the king barley got away most of the time, but this time would be different He saw a profit after one of the times Him and Dranthic had fought and she said this was to be there last encounter and after that one was to fall and the other to live.
The last one to see the king alive was Dranthic and his assistant Lenords.
"Good bye, Mark, My king I do hope we live long enough for each of use to greet each other again." Lenord said as he saw a glimpse of the king walking out.
The king stopped for a second, "as do I but I have bad feeling about this. So may luck be with us all." He said as he started to walk again.
And with that he left to face the last fight of his life. Never to be heard from by a friendly face again.
An Hour later...
"I'm surprised you came! Considering what that profit said. I'm still surprised you showed." The cold chilling voice the king would never forget. The self Proclaimed King of darkness.
"So, you called, I came, I defeated your father and I shall do so with you also." The king feeling un-easy as if something bit was set to happen. Like there was evil bigger then Dranthic watching, but for now the king will have to set aside that feeling.
"Have you forgotten it was luck that you won old man, luck that got you away from me many times. This time though, luck, can not help you, tonight you will die here."
"You sound as if you have a plan, to kill me? As if you your self can't?
"Don't worry I do have a plan. A fight between you, me blades and swords. You can not escape it is impossible. The walls are lined with archers. Even if you live by killing me and you manage to get out side and away from the archers, I got more archers and dark knights out side waiting for you. There is no possible way for you to escape"
"Then were shall we settle things? If you don't mind would lease show the way?"
"Not yet."
"Why?"
"You can not be in armor for this type of fight. I shall not be in any either. If it makes you feel better. It will be a fight between king and king, man to man, human to human and what not."
"Ok I see. True it might be fair but you are wrong about a few things. You are not a king, a man, nor are you are human, nor are you apart of the living for your soul has died long ago. So no you lie it will be good vs. evil like the stories of old. And just like the story books, good always wins"
"Maybe in your fairy tales but it's sad to say that this is real life not a book, and un-like real life good does not always win. In this case evil will prevail and good will be no more. If I do not win... Both good and the evil will die for I shall never let you win."
After both had taken off there armor leaving a cloak and cotton clothing on, Dranthic Lead the way to the arena. As they were walking the king felt sorrow. For along the way there were bodies upon bodies, all the way up to the arena. Blood stained stone arch walls and rats eating every thing every where, including the bodies. There was also a feeling of sickness and dead in the air that all you had to do as walk though it and feel like death was breathing down your back. And while seeing all of this, king felt as if his insides were rotting away and it got only worse as he walked on, wishing he could be so far away from here and also wishing he could trade places with the bodies so he would not have to live though what he had to do next. Yet he knew he had to do this and there was no turning back now.
What he saw next when he reached the end of the tunnel would make any one sick for the rest of there lives. There was a platform and around it were a pit with stakes inside and on them corps were hanging and dried blood all around with rats again feeding on them. Some were dead by the stakes other had swords driven though them and also knives, while others had arrows in there skull. From the sealling come cages with corpse rotting and there arms out the cage in a way that looked that they were pleading for help. Not only this but there were women and children and men torn apart and torn in half limbs sawed off and some looked like they were bitten though. In the corner there were lions fighting over a meal thinking it would be there last, but the king knew they would be getting fresh meat tonight. But worse then the sight would be the smell. It smelled of roasting flesh and blood and rat droppings and the smell of one before death.
The sounds of doors being locked sounded and the king looked up at Dranthic.
Then the man with no soul spoke, "This is where we shall fight, any thing is able to be used. You find it you can use it as a weapon."
The king looked around not believing him, "any other tricks you got planed?"
"No this is it....no I lied I do. Sooner or later those lions will be let loose and will attack any one of us, it's up to them, but if I would you I would run from them, they like me better." A smile flickers across is face that was not even visible behind his black hood.
"Then let us begin." He said this with the look of dread and the look of hope for that one day he will see his family aging when he makes it though this. He know that the lions would help him or make it a lot worse for him and carry him to his death, that he was not ready for, faster.
And with that the fight that would decide the fate of the battle started. With the swords clashing and being swung to the left, right, then up, back to the right, left again, and then the king drew his sword back and twisted round and tried to slash Dranthic under the arm but he caught it and went back to the offence. There swords were moving faster the never but Dranthic was younger and faster. The king may have been older but he could see the attacks that were coming. Then again there sword clashed. Fling right, left, from below, then the king tried to stab him and failed. Dranthic seeing that opening brought the blade down but with the brood side and not the edge on to the king's head. He staggered for a moment before Dranthic kicked him down, and forced him to the ground. Dranthic raised his sword with the point faced down to the king.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-20 21:41:06

"Today I will live and I will be your killer. Today is the end for you."
At that moment the king saw in the corner of his eyes the lions being let loose. And almost grinned. Luck was with him once again. Then he said, "No it is your day to die!"
With that the lions rushed over and one of them attacked Dranthic. But the problem was the other lion was going for the king. The king rolled over and caught his sword and thrust it p into the lions had giving him a lucky clean and easy blow while Dranthic was still fighting with his. Dranthic jumped up and brought the sword down and hit the side of the lions face. He then swung around and drove the sword into the right side of its eye and puncturing its brain killing it.
They then both got up and made eye contact, and Dranthic spoke first, "Well that was an ice distraction, wouldn't you say?"
"Eh, why not let's just finish this"
For a bit longer they stared. Then with out a clue Dranthic made the first move. He tried t slash his torso but the king caught it and tried to throw a punch in there. Dranthic dodged it and pulled back his sword and brought it p from underneath him and up to the kings head, but it failed. The king pulled back and then swiped to the left of Dranthic while he was going to stab him. The king missed but Dranthic's sword found his mark. Blood was flown back behind the king. His blood vessel was completely cut in half and blood was poring out at a fast pace. Dranthic came up behind him as the king fell. Blood was now every where, the floor the sword and his clothing, and his cape. Even the coat of arms on his back looked like it was bleeding. Dranthic now leaning over the king said these last few words to him as he lay in his own pool of blood dying, "The is today, as I have said it would be, The kingdom of Evenheart will fall to me by the coming of night.
With barley even a breath and barley being hear the king said, "This is not over my people will kill you and you will dies Evenheart will stand tall in the glorious day when they defeat you. I may be dead but my people live on."
"For you it is over. No one can save you. For your people they will fall just like you. As for me I will rule"
"The good will die the meek shall die and any one with hope in there heart will become cold. For I see a dark new day as with me ruling until I die. For I am now king Dranthic and my word is law." Dranthic said looking to the years to come were he would be king with no one to stop him, being free to do as he will like a bird singing in the wind breeze and the sunshine, but in this case, were the sun always shines, and when the birds sing, the song will forever more be full of rain sorrow and darkness were the only singing comes from the murdered souls of the moaning dead
Then with no remorse Dranthic drove his sword though the king's skull killing him.

and thats the end to the prolouge

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-20 22:57:04

Chapter One
War shall be good.

"Take the armies for combat training. The Vell-de-lone is rising in power though there numbers so few, and they are about to declare war on us. They have allied themselves with Aallvingantis. With them allying with a country like that, they will be a bit more powerful, so we may need more men and another wizard. WE shall also need to summon the Midons for war again, and for defending the castle if they somehow get through. So summon them here." As Manthrid talked his super visor was writing down all that he had said.
"What of the dark knights my master?" the man sat and looked up at Manthrid as he spoke. He was tired and stressed because of the screams form the cellar and the streets that the dark knights made because they were ruthless and cruel to all.
"Tell them to camp by the walls of the town a bit of ways out, and keep a look out until I send word to fall back or move forward. Also send in the leader of the Midons. I need a word with him. When he leaves, send in Falsin. Be swift, because I want this done for even tomorrow the Vell could be here at our door step.
"Yes, sir haste I shall move with and do as you command."

He leaves the room in a hurry, and it seemed like he would rather die or kill himself then stand there again, but it's his job and it keeps him alive. This was all because Manthrid gave off a over whelming sense of power and evil and blood lust that made even the closes to him, fear him. The only two people who have never feared him was the leader of the Vell-de-lone and the king of Aallvingantis.
"This war is starting. The war my family though would bring us down, and it started no, when I'm king. I unlike what others think shall not fair in this meaningless task. Death shall come to all who oppose me, and until my timely death shall I rule over this land. And every one will fear me and obey me or they will to die like my enemies. " Manthrid was talking to himself again looking at a portrait of Dranthic.
"Sorry master, to be a bother but the Head of the Midons is here you wanted to see. Do you still wish to seam him now or wait?" the small man stuck his head through the door and waited for an answer.
Manthrid turned around and looked at the man for a moment then said, "Yes send him in. I'll see him now."
The man left and shut the door. A few moments later the lead Midon walked into the room and sat down in front of Manthrid.
The lead Midon was tall, about 6 and a half feet or so, and a long snout and fangs. He had gray and black fur and a large shield and sword on his back. He wore armor died black and it had a crest of a blood red lily on chest to match the one on the shield. His eyes were pure black but for glimpses of a red like color at the vary edges.
A Midon were a race that was influenced by magic and became a cross of wolfs and man. They had the power and running force of wolfs, along with some of the looks, and they walked talked and think like men do. There hearing of wolfs but they looked like a cross between the two, and they had man's hands but long claws at the end.
"You wanted to see me?" When the Midon spoke his mouth moved in a weird fashion that made people wonder how he could produce such sounds. He had the smallest little smirk on his face and the smallest bit of sarcasm in his voice as well.
The Midon's, or Miastrunendonn there true name given long ago to them, voice was strong and deep and a tad bit raspy. If you did not see him you would guess he was a well know knight that had seen many battle. Though he was not a knight he has indeed seen his share of war and bloodshed.
Manthrid did not even miss the smirk and sarcasm, "You shall speak to me as your king as I am so rightful am, in a way that is acceptable to me or it's the whips for you, is that understandable to you?"
"Yes, sir." He did a little bow like motion in his chair, but whether or not he meant it could not be told by looking at his face.
"I need for you to bring any of your kind to the castle and with my army that are under your control of course, so that if the castle were to fall under attack it will be safe and it will rest in your hands. This castle is the last thing I want destroyed. Is that understood Rankshus?".
"Yes sir, I can have them all here within two days time if need be. If luck is with them they will be here by dawn on the first day tomorrow, does this suit you sir?" Rankshus turned his head just a tad to the side and waited an answer.
"Is there any way to get them here by night fall or so?"
"No, that is not a lot of time, they are a ways away."
"Then get them here soon. You can go."
"Yes sir." Rankshus started to wonder for a second weather to ask a question and face the whips or just leave it alone.
"You want something?" Manthrid said this so chilling that it did seem like he was reading his mind, like he could see what you were thinking, though you held nothing from him.
"Yes, why am I and my men held back at the castle and not on the front lines. We are better than your knights and your arches put together times 10. You're holding us back like we can pull our weight. Sir must we be held back?"
"This castle is a grove of my family and will always be. This castle is the most important thing in the war to come, if it's taken, the war shall be lost. Because then we shall have no foot hold to make an attack. Then you shall be killed. Not only that, but if they do attack the castle, the best will be here to stop the attacks. Use tarps if you have to. Is that a good reason for you?"
"Yes sir, it's as good as any." He rises from the chair and walks out . He bent a bit to get though the door and then he was gone, he had his task. Though he did try to get around it he and his men could not get on the front lines. They were stuck defend a castle. Anything to Midons could be solved with a sword, but traps were not there way of doing things. Midons favorite hobby sparing and fighting.
The small man walked into the room when Rankshus left and said, "Sir, Falsin has just arrived, along with his counsel. Shall I send them all in?"
"Yes, send them in as well, I have things they can do." Manthrid got out of his chair and walked over to a table and grabbed a bottle of beer.
The little man stared and slipped out of the room after being yelled out for staring into space and not hearing what was said to him. "Get out and go get the filthy wizards. Now" When as soon as he slipped out of the room knight came from nowhere, took him off to a tower. Since then he has been presumed dead. Two other knight showed the way to Manthrid's meating room, for the wizards.
As Falsin walked into the room he looked around, then looked at Manthrid. Hid first though had always been, "dark". Though he was a dark wizard, there are something even he dared not do, that Manthrid had already done. On the ways he saw paintings from battles that had been wins for Manthrid. Cloaks, swords, shields, and all were hung on the walls, including suits of armor form defeated enemies. He even saw Dranthic's armor, Cloak, and sword. He bowed to the set and made his way to the seat.
Dranthic was the only one to truly master the talent of becoming a wizard, which he knew of, and mastered swordsmanship as well. He was so well practices he could o both at once which has never been heard of until he had done it. Manthrid was a skilled swordsmen but no talented in magic at the least. This was a goal for Falsin, to do both at once and dominate the battle field, but he had ways to go.
Falsin himself, was a tall, dressed in black robes, and a sloped black hat that came to his shoulder. His cape was ragged at the bottom. He had a staff made from blood oak. For that right there showed he was a dark wizard. On the top of his staff was a swirling ball of shadows.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-20 23:09:04

The other three behind him dressed the same but for the color. They dresses to match their favorite elements. They were always learning so they would never call themselves masters.
To his left, was a wizard of the fire element, the element most people pick because of its power, his robes dark red and orange, hat the same as well as his cloak. His staff however was made from the read wood of the cherry fire tree. To his right was the young one by not much more than a year. Hid robes were light blue for the waters. His robes seamed to wave around in any direction they pleased even without any wind, as well as his hat though it was not as high or stable as the others. His staff was made from the trees at the tropical waters. On top was a orb of blue, which looks like water with little waves. The last was a man in brown robes. They were study and did not move much. This man had no hat but his face was covered on dust and his hair matted. Hi Staff was mad from willows. They grew from the ground but the branches wanted to return to the ground. His orb was a large orb of molten lava that looked like it was in the process of cooling.
When Falsin sat down he spoke and looked Manthrid directly into the eye, "You called my sire, if I can guess, you want us to fortify the castle while most of the knights are out and for me to join you on the battle field? Is this correct?"
"Yes that's part of it, "Manthrid walked over to his seat again and sat down, " I also need the defense set in a certain way in which my advisor will show you. Right know though I have news of what persons that will be with their army. The Vell-de-lone will be bringing a few men with but still a bit. We need a large wall of earth to block from arrows but with holes in them to let our arches shoot still. In the middle ranks will be catapults, so we will need fire to bring them down, and earth for our ammunition. Water will be used for splashing there troops and giving them unstable ground and putting out fires. Can this all be done?"
"Yes this is all possible, as long as there is a water source nearby, but from what I saw the sea line is not far, so it will be doing in a sun rise and a night fall."
"Good now tell your council members to get to work. Don't forget to give me word when you're done."
"As you wish. Marcel, Fabin, Izitac, let's start our work, you have your task go start."
They all answer yes and they be gain to walk out the room chanting something. They were instantly surrounded with words, you could chop off an arm and they would not care. That's how deep there "trace" per say was.
"If I may sir, why did you ask me to tell them to leave?"
"There is a wizard on the Vell's side, and this in no random wizard either. His color is white and his staff with gold rings.
"White?"
"Are you for certain?"
"Yes."
"Is it who I think it is?"
"Nislaf, yes it is."
" I hope sir that you know, because we are of brothers and of dark and light magic we cannot put harm to each other."
" I know that all to well, witch is why you need to call him back from his solitude. The only one in the world, today, who had master all elements and can perform two at a time. His is a skill that very few know how to do.

end of chapter 1

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 05:45:54

Chapter 2
Is good really good?

Cold. Freezing. Sub zero. Even with all of them put together, it did not tell how cold it really was. No way did they come even close to describing the coldness.
Deep within the forest, where the sun never got through the trees, you could never tell whether it was night or day, though you could tell by the animals and when they were sleeping.
It was night and everyone was asleep but for a few people. Three were in the center of the town. Two were of them were guards. Small guards that seemed week and useless, but a cover can never tell the story. These men were The White Vell, much like the black nights, though with great differences. They wore white armor and where stronger then ordinary people. Most through training, and some due to magic.
They were a part of The Vell de Lone, The rebel force that opposed the Empire, and they were preparing to attack the kingdom, and eventually Manthrid himself.
Dranthic was his great, great, great, grandfather, who kill the king to get the crown and the throne. The king stood up to him and was sadly killed When his family heard of the news, they picked up and left with their loyal followers, and went north into the forest and hid in the forest out of the kingdom, since then they been hiding. There his family grew, and even today his blood line is still around, the true hair to the crown and the king's throne. That hair is now in the high consul of the Vell de lone. His name is Mark. The same as the king, who once fought Dranthic. Mark was one of those three people who were in the center of the village. Another person had walked up about twenty minutes after they got there. Her name was Ellen. She was a master crafts women. Skilled in many, if not all, metal working techniques. She rarely passed on her craft, Thou when she does, they to become a master of their craft. She only ever taught one person, and it will be her last as well. Along walking with her was Nislaf, Falsin's older brother by little more than two years. He was a mage like his brother, though his magic was leaned towards light, fire, and water. His robes where white, as were Ellen's. Ellen wore a suit of armor under her robes, as Nislaf wore another robe under his. Nislaf carried a white oak staff, as did Ellen carry a sword.
Though Nislaf staff looked like there could be many of it, there were in fact only three white trees in all the world. The fourth was used to make his staff. On his staff was a ball of light, with definite shape and no out line.
"Are our troops read to move?" spoke Mark not soon after they stopped next to him, while he looked at a map of the kingdom.
"No we need another two days till the troops are ready for any type of battle, but the catapults will most likely not be ready for another three days time.
"Ok what about the armor? And where is weapons Ellen? Are they ready to be fitted, are they even done?"
"Everything is done sir, but a few troops need to pass inspection before they can go, but that is only a small number left."
"Good. Nislaf, why are the catapults not ready? Where you not in charge of them?"
"One of them accidentally caught fire and was burned down, we put it out but not before the fire spread and caught another three on fire, but yes I was in charge. But like I said they need three more days."
Ok, understood" Mark walks from the fire pit and the circle of huts over to one of the huts, with the other following him, and walks in and over to a shelf, as Ellen Walks in and shuts the door. Mark picked up a clear orb, which looked to sparkle in the little light they had. He went over and sat down, as did the others.
"Nislaf, put the light sight spell on this please. This orb was made for this small spell. It allows the time limit from two minutes to five."
"Yes sir. Where shall I set the site to go? If I may guess, is it Manthrid's castle to see what magics he is using?"
"Yes, we will leave you along for you o look. Ellen and myself must go check up on the knights. Do you need anything else for the spell?"
"No, I will only need what I have. When I'm done I will tell you what I have seen."
"When you're done you can find us at the forest camp or near the tree. Ellen, are you ready?"
"Yes, lead on." She spoke as she got up and followed Mark out the door, again closing it behind her. Soon after they left a hum came from the hut, as well as a verity of colors, and then the humming began to wined down as the colors faded in to a pure white glow.
The forest was a relaying place where anyone, but those who lived there entire lives there, would get lost in the pitch darkness. Yet it was a peaceful place, that made no matter how evil the man, he would feel compelled to repent his sins and live better. But those with pure blackness in their hearts, would find much pain and suffering and be forced to flee from the forest or risk being cleansed. Anyone who needed to be protected could always find their way here and hide from any harm and danger that might lay in their wake elsewhere. The forest of tranquility, was its given name. In the center of that very forest, Was one of the three white oak tree, which gave the forest its, believed magic powers.
Mark and Ellen walked to the center, and stood looking at the white oak tree. After a long minute, Mark was the first to speak.
"Do you remember when our mom took us here to carve our names in the tree, like our family before us, then we had lunch and she told us stories." His voice was soft and fragile, as it always was, because right behind this tree, was his family grave, from the Great king Mark, down to his own father.
"Yes it was a story of how Dranthic killed one of our ancestors and took control of the kingdom, and how his song was able to get his remains, and his sword and was able to bring them back and bury them here, right where this tree grows."
No one ever guessed that Mark and Ellen were siblings, because they were not alike in any aspect of the word. They didn't even show it when around others. They kept it a secret so that if Ellen were to be caught Mark wouldn't make a mistake to try and save her and dome the Vell, and that he would still be around to take the throne. Or if Mark were caught, it would be the same for Ellen.
"Yes that's right our father believed that our time would come to rise up and retake the throne,, and that it would be me to do it, and I would be the one to get it right, That I would kill Manthrid, but..." his voice drifted off. "I don't even know, I have doubts that I'm even able to, that it even is my time to do it. I am a normal man. While it's true I am a hair o the crown, but why couldn't it of been him, or one of my children's children. I don't want that to befall them, no. But why is everyone saying that I will get the sword of our past king and use it to retake what is ours?"

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 06:06:53

"I'm sorry brother. I don't know how you feel, but I can't say I know, or say I do know how you feel, and really I don't want to. There only one way that will give you the inner strength you need to help you, and I can't give it to you. You know who you must see, like our fathers before us."
"Yes I know who, but I shall-ent see her, there will be no way to even make me go and see her." Marks face was getting a little red just from thinking about the women, yet he was calming down, while looking at the spot where his moms named was carved into the tree.
"Why, for once, can't you just listen to me without having an ego problem, why don't you just see her?
She is an ancestor of the profit who helped the king, and she has the gift as well. So I'm sure she wouldn't mind helping you. Can't you see? All you need to do is give here a little trust. Unless you feer hearing something bad, get over it." She was talking to the point where shou could be yelling at his stubbornness. She walked off a bit of ways, then stopped and tuned her head just a bit so he could hear.
"Mark if you need me I'll be at the camp where we told Nislaf we would be." She walked off slowly in case he had something to say, but he never spoke and she left.
"Snow, a gift from the gods. Beautiful and wonderful, but also a terrible one. I remember you told me that mother. Do you? I really can't play in the snow with you like we did. For now I must go, but before I do, Is good all that good, if done for revenge? I guess talking to a grave, doesn't mean you get answers. Goodbye mother," as he looked up he spoke. He walked slowly towards the camp. He stopped half way through the clearing, looked back, and kept walking. It started to snow once he left the clearing, and it was a beautiful snow. With the slow gentle snow falling on pine trees, it looked like a peaceful time, which could remain in place forever.

end of shapter two

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 06:17:52

In the story i have little bios, here and there, of just stuff about some of the people. This one i forgot about, and it goes right before chapter one

Manthrid

The one loves games and all things blood and gore, his name, Manthrid.
Manthrid was always hard and tough but when it came to his studies, like most young boys, it was like teaching history to an infant. In his blood line Manthrid was the great, great, great grandson of the mighty Dranthic, his family had been the rulers of the kingdom for generations upon generations, upon generations. Few rebels have ever risen up to challenge the so called "Family of Death", but they all failed. There is one though that is brewing up north in the woods.
Manthrid thought of a plan to stop the rebels, but his dying father had said it will not work. His father, Ranthon is dying for reasons unknown and Manthrid thinks it's the rebels fault.
Manthrid felt for his father, though that is rare, he never cared for or openly worried. After his father's death he took the crown, after a long battle about who should get it, and the kingdom and never did he think of his father again. When his father was alive he was holding back his lust for blood, now that he was gone his rampage for total control over all had started.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 07:30:45

This one goes right before chapter three

Mark
Son of Darik and Joese, as well as brother to Ellen and hair to the throne. Part of the council that leads the Vell de lone, and also the leader of its army. His mother died when he was only 16, and his father too when his leg was bitten off by a midon at a raid of one of the kingdom's outposts.
When his mother died her last words were, "Mark, you're a grown man and you can take care of yourself, but your sister can't so help her grow as well because she is the only family you have left. Remember I love you both."
After those words, she died not soon after, and was buried behind the white tree. Because she died in marks arms, he always blamed himself for it, like a child of his age would.
Mark lived with his sister for a while until they both got married. Mark married Eisabella at twenty two, and Ellen married a weapons skills teacher at 20 only but 4 years later.
Mark lived fairly well until he joined the Vell de Lone. His wife found out, and ended up leaving him because he was always away.
He tends to blame himself for more then he should. Just like with his wife, after woods, he ran into the forest, got lost, and didn't find his way out until his mind was clear and he almost seemed like a new person, three months later. Then he lived a peaceful life arranging attacks here and there, and simple stuff, until the council decided it was time for an all out war.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 16:13:06

This is a really short chapter, more like an interlude, but oh well

Chapter 3
There was a third?
Me, my dog and my sunny little island. All I'll ever need. Just like him to think this way. The one who master all types of magic, and all aspects of it as well, and capable of doing two at a time, a rare skill that few can do. His name was Grandince.
Grandince was put on the solitude island only accessible by magic by the Empire in case ware were to fall before it that could put the royal family in danger of death . It has been over seven years since he was last called upon. From then on he was locked away on his own little island, practicing his magic and mastering earth magic, and though trying, failing at doing three types of magic at once. Doing three types at once is next to impossible, only Grandince was able to do it, and only once was he able to.
"Earth flower, so good and strong, but no color. The water flower, sparkle but there flat. Fire flower are of vibrant colors, but smell them and you burn."
Falsin walked in unnoticed and sat down on one of the chairs.
"Light flowers though pure are untouchable, and the dark flower, though the color is deep, it dies in the light. When they all come together, they form the silver flower. The beauty among flowers, isn't that right Falsin?" Grandince turned around looking at a silver flower in his hand, he looked up, right in to falsin's eyes.
"Yes that's true and I can also see you like playing with your flowers as well."
"What can you say, my entire family does."
"I also see you learned earth quite well since last time, and fairly fast. Not to mention air."
"Yes, its not to hard for me, but I prefer to leave air alone, they don't make good flowers, but I was going to do something with them in a few months
"So it looks like nothing changed with your outfit to much, all though the edges are torn and your hat is going grey."
"Noth much changed in the uniform robes of the dark mages, but as to the hat, it's just old. But any way, as to why I came down today."

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-21 16:50:14

"I already know, one day ago Manthrid said the Vell de lone is going to attack in two to five days time. Nislaf is on The side of the Vell so you need me because both of your magics cancel each other out. So you came out all this way to find me and get me to come back with you and help?"
"As expected by yours truly. I set up defenses with the help of my followers, but I still need your help dealing with Nislaf as you know, and protecting Manthrid during the battle, until its done and over with."
"You know I have to protect the family, but why do I have to kill Nislaf for you? You're not in hold of my contract. I know I still owe you four favors, if you remember, from when you saved my family, so I will help you with this."
" I do remember, and if you wish this can be your third favor, though I still will need help with protecting the castle as well if possible, if you can just rein force the defenses we had put up. As for your last favor, we need light arrows for the archers, as well as dark arrows, so no matter the time of day we can shoot without being seen. This is possible right?"
"I can do that easily. Shall we teleport out of here and get started?"
"Time to go yes, put your hand on my shoulder we are going to dark-port."
Much like teleporting, instead of traveling though the air, he travel trough the shadows using dark magic, and they travel to other shadows where ever it is they need to go.
"Just stand by me and take hold of my staff as well, I need some light energies to make this work. Lets go outside first." They both walk outside and Grandince does just what he was told and in the shadow of the hut, they melt into the shadow. And they started traveling to the castle.

end of chapter three

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-02-22 00:48:30

find out next time on :o.............. pie >D

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-09-16 18:32:16

any one like? if so ill type up more. i know theres spellign stuff but im getting that worked out now ^^

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2010-09-27 18:10:24

Heather
She was a midan at birth and lived that way for years. When she turned 23 she went o see a potion master to get a potion to make herself look human. She drank it all and began down a path unable to turn back. She still had all the advances of her race like eye sight, hearing, power, and speed, but she had a look of a very beautiful women.
When she went to show her family, she was banished and marked as a traitor with a hot iron rod across her back in the "x" shape. The one who banished her was her father, the tribal leader of the "smoked wind" midon pack.
She lived her life barely making it along unable to know how to live, until John showed up and asked her to join him in an army for he saw the real being in side of her. She joined and went thru the masters training, as easy as it was she never was good at the mental exercised but she was able to adapt and become even better then the top students.
Since then no one has heard much from her after she left training. What's sure is that every one whose went to find her ended up dead with the jaw removed. Most likely before they were even able to draw there weapon and bow

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2012-08-01 02:25:32

Seriously thinking of typing the rest of this up and reworking it.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2012-08-01 04:44:18

At 8/1/12 02:25 AM, nothingmater wrote: Seriously thinking of typing the rest of this up and reworking it.

Probably should, just from the small chunks I read, it sounds very- unflowtastic, if i had to make up a word.
Sounds medieval, but I really think you could have took it a step further in the fluid direction with your word choices.

Be careful when copying and ESPECIALLY pasting.
Also, I have a question; Did you improvise this?- I think so, but for what it is it's quite quality.

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2012-08-03 01:20:18

At 8/1/12 04:44 AM, Fluffychickens wrote:
At 8/1/12 02:25 AM, nothingmater wrote: Seriously thinking of typing the rest of this up and reworking it.
Probably should, just from the small chunks I read, it sounds very- unflowtastic, if i had to make up a word.
Sounds medieval, but I really think you could have took it a step further in the fluid direction with your word choices.

Be careful when copying and ESPECIALLY pasting.
Also, I have a question; Did you improvise this?- I think so, but for what it is it's quite quality.

No i wrote this back when i was 16, almost 4 years ago when i was bored. I didnt have anything better to do, so i wrote two stories

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2013-02-19 23:52:03

I will continue to edit and post the story as I go along. Due to chapter 4 being long to type because of the editing needed (hence why i never did it in the first place) I will be doing it in parts.

Chapter 4 part1
The clouds floated carelessly in the sky not having to do with any of the world that lingers and staggers below.âEU Must be a really nice life, to sit around without a care in the world.âEU He sits up pauses and continues to stands until he is on his feet. Walking over to a pitch fork leaning on the side of an open barn, he picks it up and walks to the back.
His hair was a sleek black that grew down to his chin. Black shirt, black pants, even black fingerless armored gloves, and black armor plated shoes. His features were prominent as his jaw jutted out to the side giving a clearly visible jaw line and a slender but long nose. His eyes are a grayed shade of blue that almost seam to match his pale skin.
He climbed up the ladder at the back of the barn put the pitchfork up on the wall and sat down in front of a worn mirror. He sat there for a bit expecting for something to happen, before he muttered something unheard under his breath. When he was finished the mirror seamed to ripple slowly and gather a little momentum before finally stopping with the face of someone inside.
âEUoeHello again brother, glad to see you. It has been a long time, you are looking wellâEU
âEUoeAs of you John, though I canâEUTMt really say you are looking good. You look terrible. Can the doctors not do anything more for you?âEU Replied Junither VonHike staring into the mirror.
John and Junither VonHike were both brothers though separated by four years. John was the younger one. When they were young their parents were taken into Manthrid's prison and questions on the suspicion of being spies and traitors, when they would not give them the answered they had seeked, they were eventually killed off leaving John and Junither orphaned.
âEUoeNot so much anymore My sickness has been catching up to me as of late, but I can still hold my own in a fight, though, quick out of breath I become. So why is it you wanted to talk to me?âEU John was rubbing a cream onto his face and torso. There were many lesions red marks and scars over his body. The cream worked almost like magic getting rid of them all, but it was only an aesthetic cream, it did not get rid of them but only covered it up.
âEUoeYes, as you may know the Kingdom and the Vell are close to war by now, and the pace seems to be picking up rather fast. In fact by the end of the week when the blood moon is out, the armies should collide. Our master said most of the troops are there or at least on their way. When the empire is crushed without help, we can then turn on the Vell and claim both kingdoms. With both there we can take the sword of light and dark and present them to The Master when the blood moon rises.âEU Junither was whipping crumbs off his mouth from a piece of bread he as in his head.
John sat there taking all the information in. Even though he was a high ranking militant personnel in the Masters army, they were not given all the information needed until closer to the battle to better keep the army under wraps and not let either of the opposing sides know about them until it was too late. âEUoeSo IâEUTMm assuming itâEUTMs time to move out the troops here under my command and take the E.K. out to start preparing the traps? And when are the wizards going to show up?âEU
âEUoeMore or less. The arches should be there already headed by Lance. Make sure you get battle plans from Heather so you can get them situated into camps.
âEUoeSounds good. I shall meat you on the battle field when the blood flows in the windâEU
âEUoeI shall look forward to it brother.âEU With that John touched the mirror and it rippled again before returning back to normal with the face of his brother gone. In the back of his mind something always rang. This will not go well. John has always had a sixth sense in a way. Not fully developed, but it gave him a tingle, like a gut feeling. As John tried to shrug off the recurring feeling like he always does he started stepping down the ladder hearing his knee pop that had bothered him. He walks under the overhang and moves a large pile of hay out from over a trap door. He climbed down yet again, another ladder leading to a small armory. There was a large set of black armor with a red trim on the edges with a black tree on the front and roots going around a wolf with two swords going into the eyes. There was chainmail and a black cloth as well as a long cloak. He picked up a steel long sword and a quiver of arrows before closing the trap door from below. There was a lever that moved a wooden panel from the wall above and moved the hey back onto the door. Opening a hidden panel in the armory he walked behind and closed it back up grabbing a torch and walking down a long descending and twisting path.
âEUoeLeftâEU¦. LeftâEU¦ RightâEU¦ LeftâEU¦âEU He counted the turns as he walked ot make sure he wasnâEUTMt walking down a death trap. Every now and again you could see some old blue-ish stone work the closer you got to the end. There were some green crystals in the walls that gave off a faint glow the deeper and deeper you went. Eventually he came to a room with a gong in the middle. He tapped with four times with his knuckle, ones really heard, then paused. And again he tapped it once with his knuckle.
âEUoeHere we go.âEU A large hidden door in the far side of the room started to lower reveling a bright green light that was almost blinding. The light started to give away leading to a huge cavern with a waterfall rushing down to a large lake in the middle. A sprawling city was built into one of the cliff sides overlooking everything. The entire cavern seam to glisten and glow with a shimmering green that reflected off the crystal clear water. The city was cared from the blue stone and had carvings and markings all over them. Some magical to push a more enlightened mood onto people, to some that just made people have a skip in there step. Each time you stepped into the city a rushing sense of calm washed over you. The entire place was filled with magic that hummed deep into a personâEUTMs bones. Little streams and hanging plants where all over. The entire beauty of the city seemed almost too unreal to be possible. John started walking along one of the edges slowly headed over to the city. Even though those who build the city were long gone, and only left one image behind, John had been using it to hold his troops out of sight.

i like pie ^^

Response to The Nothing War: Pre Nothins 2013-02-19 23:53:31

Apparently i cant copy and past fro mms word. Newgrounds sure doesn't like quotes

i like pie ^^