00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Comments/Critique ?

710 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-17 21:30:28

I drew this inspired by the cattarpillar in Alice in Wonderland. My first non-doodle with Prismacolors, also. I plan on drawing a better version, which is why I didn't do a background. I want critique for when I draw that one, such as a better pose or something? Anatomy? Suggestions?
If you give me critique for coloring keep in mind I didn't try as hard on the stump/smoke but I'm still new to Prismacolors.

Comments/Critique ?

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-17 21:44:18

At 2/17/10 09:30 PM, Zeppelyn wrote: I drew this inspired by the cattarpillar in Alice in Wonderland. My first non-doodle with Prismacolors, also. I plan on drawing a better version, which is why I didn't do a background. I want critique for when I draw that one, such as a better pose or something? Anatomy? Suggestions?
If you give me critique for coloring keep in mind I didn't try as hard on the stump/smoke but I'm still new to Prismacolors.

I think it's fantastic as it is. A background will only improve it, but I don't think you have to change the character at all.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-18 05:23:24

This is really good and is quite an interesting picture. It seems a bit blured though and hard to see the outlines. It looks like it's done in pencil? Which I don't consider a very good media to use as it's hard to blend colours and get lighting looking correct. Perhaps you should use a different media or try digital art. You should create an art thread and post some more of your stuff :D

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-18 11:03:25

At 2/18/10 05:23 AM, CloudEater wrote: This is really good and is quite an interesting picture. It seems a bit blured though and hard to see the outlines. It looks like it's done in pencil? Which I don't consider a very good media to use as it's hard to blend colours and get lighting looking correct. Perhaps you should use a different media or try digital art. You should create an art thread and post some more of your stuff :D

I think that's your opinion though, I like using colored pencils. http://finalfantasyeva.deviantart.com/ar t/Janemarieburnley19-97208299 This was done with colored pencils yet looks realistic with good blending. And I don't know what you mean by hard to see the outlines.. there are no outlines like a cartoon. Thanks though :)

Keep in mind my scanner sucks and it does look more blended in real life >.>

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-18 11:14:41

Elephants don't have mouths there.

Unless it was intended for the hookah to be stuck in the elephant through a slit, it's in the wrong place.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-18 12:22:02

At 2/18/10 11:14 AM, Danopus wrote: Elephants don't have mouths there.

Unless it was intended for the hookah to be stuck in the elephant through a slit, it's in the wrong place.

I originally meant to make it look like the mouth was coming up from under the tusk, but apparantly got side tracked when coloring. That happens alot, making stupid mistakes. Oh well.

Response to Comments/Critique ? 2010-02-18 15:02:46

Wow very impressive.

I love the color but the pose aswell very nice indeed, it has a unique style to it verywelldone, keep up the good work

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature