00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VelvetsFunzone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GTA5 new ideas

3,206 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 19:26:44

As I was playing The Ballad of Gay Tony I started thinking about the next GTA, soon after I would be completely horrified by the concept of Rockstar once again making a sequal with only a fraction of the features its predecessor has as with the case of GTA4. I also began thinking that hopefuklly they bring back other features from San Andreas and maybe even a few other things as well. One of those things, Car mods, that will be something old school to return but with the added twist of being able to take modded cars you've made in single player and bring it with you to multiplayer to race or show your friends. Anyone else have any cool ideas?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 19:36:17

At 1/8/10 07:26 PM, animehater wrote: Anyone else have any cool ideas?

Make a vice city 2.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 19:39:34

Might not be a popular idea, but I'd like another GTA set in the 1980's or maybe the 1970's. I love the way in Vice City they poked fun at the 80's pop culture and just the colourful look of the game.

GTA IV was gray and depressing.

I dunno, maybe I just want GTA: Vice City HD.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:22:19

Zombie mode. Vice City 2. San Andreas 2. Defense Mode. Ability to get drunk and go to other buildings online.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:28:56

I'd actually like another realistic GTA game, like IV. GTA IV was a great game IMO, and a superb addition to the series. If anything was wrong with it, the story was the main flaw. While all the other Grand Theft Auto stories ended on a high, IV ended on an extremely low note. It felt too depressing, and hardly a reward for completing the game.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:30:06

At 1/8/10 08:22 PM, RiuTenshin wrote: Zombie mode.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And to get a little of topic, they should use the geomod of RFG on the upcoming Saints Row 3.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:38:06

Make it less realistic and make so you don't have to hang out with friends all the time. The reason why I love the GTA series is that you have loads of freedom. Want to do some missions and move the story forward? Go right ahead. Want to just raise hell while flying on a jetpack shooting everyone in sight while military choppers chase after you? More power to you. The problem with GTA4 is that it is TOO down-to-earth IMO and you have to complete missions to gain access to new areas. That and you have to hang out with your buddies to get their abilities. I just hope GTA5 takes more of a turn for the surreal.

Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:39:58

At 1/8/10 08:38 PM, zen64 wrote: WORDS

Also, a mutiplayer mode where everyone is on a jetpack and must engage in a mid-air shootout.

Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:41:48

At 1/8/10 08:38 PM, zen64 wrote: The problem with GTA4 is that it is TOO down-to-earth IMO and you have to complete missions to gain access to new areas.

To be fair thats what its always been like with GTA.

Or maybe they just brought that in with GTA3.Its been so long since I played them I cant remember.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:50:47

At 1/8/10 08:41 PM, TheReturnOfTomsPulp wrote: to be fair that's what its always been like with GTA.

Yeah, I think I got the "unlocking areas" part wrong since I haven't played a GTA game in a while. But 4 just took itself way too seriously IMO. I get the appeal of trying to make it more realistic and focusing more on the story but they just lost some of the fun in the process.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 20:57:52

At 1/8/10 08:50 PM, zen64 wrote: Yeah, I think I got the "unlocking areas" part wrong since I haven't played a GTA game in a while. But 4 just took itself way too seriously IMO. I get the appeal of trying to make it more realistic and focusing more on the story but they just lost some of the fun in the process.

I agree with you 100%.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 21:01:04

I also believed that realism almost ruined GTA. If I wanted to go bowling or watch TV I would do it in real life.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 21:08:47

At 1/8/10 09:01 PM, animehater wrote: If I wanted to go bowling or watch TV I would do it in real life.

But then you'd have to go outside.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 21:22:48

VICE CITY2

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 21:50:46

For a start, none of these ideas will ever be implemented.

Secondly, its been proven that the next GTA title will most likely be a Vice City one because if you look at the teaser image there is a poster from VC under the "Liberty City is finished!" poster.

See the pattern? GTA II, VC, SA, GTA IV, VC2, SA2, GTA V etc etc

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 21:57:59

At 1/8/10 09:50 PM, Sammeh wrote: For a start, none of these ideas will ever be implemented.

OMG REALLY??!! I REALLY THOUGT DAT ROCKSTAER WUD LUCK OVER ALL DESE POST AND TAKE DEM INTO CONCIDERATION!!!!!.

Its just a chat about GTA and what people would like to see.No need to think people are idiots and try to look smarter than everyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 22:06:21

Take Vice City, turn back the clock 10 more years, replace Tommy with a pimp-

Grand Theft Auto: The Dolemite Chronicles. Fo' shiz.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 22:06:58

First, remember that things like bowling are only fun in real life. Don't overload the game with shit we could be doing for real.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-08 23:04:40

One problem in TBOGT I had and hope won't be in the next game is only letting you hang out with the characters you give a shit about least Like Armando and Henrique as opposed to kickass motherfuckers like Yusef.

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 06:00:45

I miss the whole countryside element that they had in San Andreas. Although there was nothing important out there, it was a great place for driving and the sheer size made flying planes possible. I hope they bring planes back in the next GTA, but I'm not sure how well they would work in multiplayer modes.

Something else that I noticed about GTA:IV is that once I finished the story I no longer had in interest in the single player. All I do now is go online to play free mode. It's fun and all, but it no longer feels like it's fun to play alone like it was in the previous games.

It has also been suggested, but car customisation is something I want to see brought back. Even better if they included bikes, which were not customisable in San Andreas.

For me, it's more about what I want Rockstar to bring back into the next GTA title. Obviously, new features are a must anyway but GTA IV was missing too much of the fun that San Andreas had.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 06:49:54

The only thing I want in the next GTA is vehicle customization and a garage that lets you store multiple vehicles.

That really killed GTA IV for me, as it had so many cars that would've been great to customize.

Customizable bikes would also be nice, bringing back the Bicycle, character customization, & even the RPG'ish stats would all be nice.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 09:13:30

I am getting tired of GTA now, GTA IV just wasn't as good in some aspects as San Andreas was.
I think a mafia aspect or something would be nice.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 09:41:04

Mix the physics with getting fat in GTA SA, watching your belly jiggle and hit pedestrians would never be better. Also jets, obese people ejecting at 300 MPH would never look so good.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 10:16:08

Its most likely that it will take place in Vice city or a similiar setting again.

It needs to have more high speed chases. GTA IV completely lacked those. If somebody was chasing you they were slow as hell and you could lose the trail in a short amount of time.
There needs to be a motorbike chase on rooftops, and a speedboat chase through the swamps.

The missions need to have variety again, and they need to have multiple levels.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 11:03:14

At 1/8/10 09:08 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 1/8/10 09:01 PM, animehater wrote: If I wanted to go bowling or watch TV I would do it in real life.
But then you'd have to go outside.

And make an effort, don't forget that.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 13:33:32

English guy in England or if in america like Chicago or Boston,mabe Seattle.

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 14:25:59

I've allways imagined Gta: San andreas with the physics and graphics of gta IV.

Who knows...

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 16:31:04

I like how lots of these ideas like planes and car mods were in Saints Row 2.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 17:05:28

At 1/9/10 04:31 PM, BioEthanol wrote: I like how lots of these ideas like planes and car mods were in Saints Row 2.

That game is the opposite of GTA IV. No effort in the story or characters or the atmosphere, but a lot of work in all the diversions and activities, and all that stuff. But even then it had a shorter lifespan.

Response to GTA5 new ideas 2010-01-09 17:17:08

1. Bring back the RPG mechanics from San Andreas
2. Autosave during missions
3. More vehicles. Far more vehicles (like in San Andreas)
4. More diverse environment (like in San Andreas)
5. More weapons.
6. More interactivity (it would have been cool to be able to go in the theme park for a date. more arcade games. etc.)