00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Android App

145,639 Views | 96 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:04:14

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

I think you were ahead of your time. Cause I for one would love a NG app. Not the biggest fan of the website. But I honestly just want to get daily dose of my feed and then explore if need.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:58:16

Ok I have a question. You said you were working on an app. Did you mean you were thinking about working on an app or you are actually working on one? If so how much progress have you made... and what caused you to start asking for input now?

We need to know how developed the project is. Most feedback from us will probably require a large refactoring of your project. Why would you wait till now?

This is very weird.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:59:22

Oh this is a super old necro. Nevermind.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-25 12:25:32

At 8/20/18 08:01 PM, Lambtaco wrote: Does Newgrounds even need forums any more? I think the same functionality could be fulfilled by one or more discord servers.

One should be careful when putting their eggs in other people's baskets.

Also, anyone remember when Tapatalk was a thing? Seemed like just a few months ago that damn near every forum would open popups saying "This forum is powered by Tapatalk! Press OK to install Tapatalk on your phone"...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-25 18:57:57

Well they are slowly making the site mobile friendly, so I guess this counts right?

Tempus Edax Rerum

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-04-06 11:36:04

At 1/25/19 06:57 PM, Gimel wrote: Well they are slowly making the site mobile friendly, so I guess this counts right?

nope. they being "working" on it for 10 years

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-05-24 18:07:16

Have an icon for login, instead of a word for easier access to it. One for sign up too! Put notifications, emails, and the upload button as they are on the site. Search bar should be like YouTube on mobile. Have it refocus ONLY onto the search bar and top results. Instead of "NEWGROUNDS" to go to the homepage, maybe just that guy in a tank as an icon. The sections could be represented by little colored tabs with icons that expand to show the section name when accessed. Red: Movies. Blue: Games... yeah just like the site's section colors.

~M10 do Newgrounds~

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-06-04 13:40:20

Well, good luck on that.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-06-13 09:27:32 (edited 2019-06-13 09:28:35)

Now that it's already been bumped, I'm allowed to share my two cents without being slapped.

I feel that it's a good idea not to fiddle with desktop Newgrounds in order to make it "mobile friendly". I genuinely feel if NG targeted mobile, the mobile and desktop interface should be very different. I think NG's movies, art, and music would make a lot of sense on mobile. Compared to web games which may just be locked out of mobile.

Either way, I can totally see the value of a NG mobile app, even with concessions made.

Posted from a Smangsung ES9

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-11-17 13:39:45

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-01-31 02:07:40

At 4/1/18 11:23 PM, ElectroYT wrote: I say free app

Lol that would be cool but will there still be a donation button I'm mean there are a lot of great artists here and I would love to be able watch them grow in tho there are I have been on this site since I was a kid and I really love this website

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-03-22 21:07:01

Bring this back from the dead. I think it would attract new users. If not as a gaming app, perhaps as an animation platform? God knows YouTube isn't too friendly in that department

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-04-29 11:30:13

Why you should bee asking or thinking about working on an app or you are working on one? It does not salve your phone problems. Nowadays, phones update so quickly that you can not be in that change on time. Yout phone should always be updated to all network challenges. I find android features with https://www.hoverwatch.com/ and track all my 5 devices. And they do all work for you.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-06-28 19:19:56

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-06-30 18:07:06 (edited 2020-06-30 18:12:38)

Isn't there any API for the site itself? I've found newgrounds.app API by NewAgeSoldier, but it provides only content streaming API.

2MYpYbEaGXrTf

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-08-02 21:10:14

Agreed go for it. If it most be purchased for a small fee fine understandable. But this is a developing idea lets not forget yes you maybe able to watch videos with ease but developing the codex to make the games compatible. Then we can talk about edited button format.

Awesome cant wait

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-10-05 23:18:19

I would 100% be on board for a newgrounds app that has a feed system that allows me to share work and let's me see what work my friends/followers have favorited!

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-10-28 00:55:30 (edited 2020-10-28 00:57:54)

Damn, I can't believe I managed to time travel this far behind in Time

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-10-28 00:58:34

At 12/23/09 04:49 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 12/23/09 04:35 PM, djnet wrote: well there will also be a BBS part of the app for BBS Streams and what not
The question is: Does anyone care about NG enough to have a NG app? This forum is pretty dead most of the time and general isn't worth even looking at. So you have a lot of questions to ask before even spending the time developing the app. Sure it'd be good practice but maybe you should make something more practical and useful?

But why tho, why would you say that

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-10-30 11:43:36

this is very unrelated but i just look in the comments and see only people who have been on here for over ten years

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-11-01 01:19:26

Well idk

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-01-21 12:30:51

It's been years when is the Android app coming out

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-01-24 22:57:04

Are you still working on the app or are you finished?

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-05-31 11:48:32

At 9/30/15 09:56 PM, Lictalon wrote: It seems like a lot of Newgrounds games rely on keyboard entries, which crosses out a lot of Android and smartphone apps.

There's already a Newgrounds Mobile page (http://newgroundsmobile.com/), and if users specifically create an app to be smartphone compatible, it will work there (as I've learned from personal experience). But, no ads, so little incentive.

I have an Android, and I just bookmarked that page.

the site is dead

dhsiughovyefwiucu8irejdsngvuhdfngyvuhjtcrgbfdenuygvjkbtnrfyuhdjgkvbncutfejdbgvnuchtrjfkdnvmucjifedn

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-06-05 00:04:59

At 12/6/18 02:25 PM, WalterLuigi wrote: Holy Necrobumps Batman

bump it Up

professional meat beater

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-06-16 11:22:09

At 4/5/18 10:24 PM, djnet wrote:
At 4/3/18 12:37 PM, Aprime wrote: Yep, 100% free. You want new users.

Also, can I be a beta tester
This is from 2009 my dudes...the project fell through due to the lack of flash support on OG android devices

What about Ruffle? That might work on Android, maybe even IOS

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-06-17 03:14:34

At 6/16/21 11:22 AM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:

This is from 2009 my dudes...the project fell through due to the lack of flash support on OG android devices

I mean, Rust runs on C++, and that could work cross-platform (seeing how Mozilla Gecko has native support, so Firefox natively runs it, as well as Chrome.) Apple, on the other hand, would probably have a couple of years until they adopt it for Safari (I think, they might've added it to Safari 14 already.)

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-06-26 21:09:30

At 6/17/21 03:14 AM, GraywulfDaDolf wrote:

I mean, Rust runs on C++, and that could work cross-platform (seeing how Mozilla Gecko has native support, so Firefox natively runs it, as well as Chrome.) Apple, on the other hand, would probably have a couple of years until they adopt it for Safari (I think, they might've added it to Safari 14 already.)

Holy smokes, does this mean that Newgrounds Mobile is possible?

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-06-26 22:02:49

At 6/26/21 09:09 PM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:

Holy smokes, does this mean that Newgrounds Mobile is possible?

I’m pretty sure NG mobile might be possible, but only for Droid, due to Apple having a strict “No pronz” policy. (I mean, we could just restrict it to E thru T rated stuff, but that would get a lot of backlash.)

Anywhooz, it’s coming to be a possibility though. I for one would love to see an NG Mobile app, but I’d get an opinion from everyone here beforehand.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-07-04 19:46:25

Now all we need is people willing to make the app and it might happen!

why am i blue

BBS Signature