Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-06 15:17:03 Reply

At 1/6/13 12:08 PM, Dean wrote:
Speaking of which, I got quite into the drums but I'm still pretty shit at them. And I'm just using the old 4 pad RockBand drums. Still, I jumped from medium to hard difficulty in a day which isn't bad. I suck at the more complex bass lines though. They're what screw me up.

I could show you a thing or two, but it wouldn't do to have you getting better than me.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-06 15:53:36 Reply

At 1/6/13 03:17 PM, Snuff wrote: I could show you a thing or two, but it wouldn't do to have you getting better than me.

Not even got enough songs to keep me amused all that long. GH Metallica, Warriors of Rock and RockBand 3 is all I have. Metallica is the only one I really enjoy though. Too many songs on the others that aren't really my thing, but they do have the odd decent song. Playing the drums was just something I thought I'd try to amuse myself for a while.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-06 17:34:14 Reply

At 1/6/13 03:53 PM, Dean wrote:
At 1/6/13 03:17 PM, Snuff wrote: I could show you a thing or two, but it wouldn't do to have you getting better than me.
Not even got enough songs to keep me amused all that long. GH Metallica, Warriors of Rock and RockBand 3 is all I have. Metallica is the only one I really enjoy though. Too many songs on the others that aren't really my thing, but they do have the odd decent song. Playing the drums was just something I thought I'd try to amuse myself for a while.

I would go with Rock Band personally. I need to get WoR some time soon though, I've seen a lot of good stuff on the setlist.
GH Metallica was okay, I only really got it for a couple of the bonus songs

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-06 17:53:05 Reply

At 1/6/13 05:34 PM, Snuff wrote: I would go with Rock Band personally. I need to get WoR some time soon though, I've seen a lot of good stuff on the setlist.
GH Metallica was okay, I only really got it for a couple of the bonus songs

Rock Band is okay and does have some decent songs but considering I'm into punk and more 80's based metal, it doesn't really have much to offer me. Assuming you're actually referring to Rock Band 3 and not the original. I'm not sure what the set list for the original Rock Band is like.

Warriors of Rock probably will interest you I reckon. It has a good amount of songs that even I like but there's a lot of stuff I don't like either. Even though I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, I just like that it's consistently thrash for the most part. I enjoy listening to and playing it more than I like a lot of the stuff on the other games. But yea, GH Metallica does have some good bonus songs.

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-06 19:12:43 Reply

At 1/6/13 11:57 AM, Dean wrote: Top Whores
#3 - Warshark - Warshark NG +898

Cheers Lego Pirates. First Lego game i've played in a while but actually enjoyed it a fair bit.

Recently bought Lego Harry potter 5 -7 and Spec Ops however I feel I may have to bite the bullet and buy Black Ops 2 for £40 since 5 other friends that I play with regularly already have it.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 06:04:11 Reply

Gunnin' for that number 46 spot!

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 07:58:45 Reply

At 1/7/13 06:04 AM, Shade wrote: Gunnin' for that number 46 spot!

Leave my number 45 spot alone! I don't get enough achievements to fight you off :(

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 10:00:40 Reply

At 1/6/13 05:53 PM, Dean wrote: Rock Band is okay and does have some decent songs but considering I'm into punk and more 80's based metal, it doesn't really have much to offer me. Assuming you're actually referring to Rock Band 3 and not the original. I'm not sure what the set list for the original Rock Band is like.

I have no idea if the Rock Band DLC sale is still on, but if it is, there's a good amount of 80's metal you can buy for small amount of points. Half price on the Rust in Peace and Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? albums is a damn good deal.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 17:04:18 Reply

Spec Ops: The Line, holyfuckingshit. What a good game.

I also got GTA IV Complete Edition on amazon with a gift card for $20. I need to go back and play all the pretty looking games again since I have HD now.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 17:10:58 Reply

At 1/7/13 05:04 PM, Fezz wrote: Spec Ops: The Line, holyfuckingshit. What a good game.

Told yoooooou

I also got GTA IV Complete Edition on amazon with a gift card for $20. I need to go back and play all the pretty looking games again since I have HD now.

Well that's not one of them

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 17:26:04 Reply

Snuff, I just wanted to say congrats on that Facebook photo you uploaded of your copy of GTA V, but the people commenting seem a bit too gullible. You might have printed off a more legit looking cover art though. GTA games have stuck with the same style of cover art since Vice City. I'd be pretty disgusted if Rockstar did actually decide to go for cover art like that though. It's awful.

Still, your post was pretty good.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 19:25:02 Reply

At 1/7/13 05:26 PM, Dean wrote:
Still, your post was pretty good.

I bought a poster of it from a games exchange store and the guys there gave me a couple of the promotional game covers, so they are actual covers, just not the final ones obviously. If I had moved them up a little you would have seen it say "Pre-order Now!". But from the side it looks real.

Also, I couldn't resist putting myself into a lot of debt and got my dad to buy me an Alesis DM6 kit package with all the stuff I need to play Rock Band with it. Should be here in a few days, which is great timing because my current kit is just a pile of shit right now. I'm going to miss it though, it's served me very well. I'll give it a soldier's death.

This pretty much means no achievements from me ever because fuck every other game.

Also Fezz, I agree with you about Spec Ops, that game was fantastic when I played it. Probably one of the best games of 2012. And if you call me captain obvious again I'll hate you even more than I already do.

yes i remembered
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-07 21:15:50 Reply

At 1/7/13 07:25 PM, Snuff wrote: Also, I couldn't resist putting myself into a lot of debt and got my dad to buy me an Alesis DM6 kit package with all the stuff I need to play Rock Band with it.

Hope you've masturbated a lot in preparation beceause you're not gonna stop playing rock band for quite a while.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-08 05:13:36 Reply

At 1/7/13 07:25 PM, Snuff wrote: Also, I couldn't resist putting myself into a lot of debt and got my dad to buy me an Alesis DM6 kit package with all the stuff I need to play Rock Band with it.

How come you don't drum as part of a band or anything? If you get the chance to, I reckon you should.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-08 08:31:07 Reply

At 1/7/13 09:15 PM, Fezz wrote:
Hope you've masturbated a lot in preparation beceause you're not gonna stop playing rock band for quite a while.

Oh yes, I was expecting you or someone or everyone else to tell me that they were in fact shit and I'd done the worst thing possible, that's usually what happens around here, so I'm glad they're okay. I think my mum will go crazy with the noise but who cares. Maybe I'll be able to up my scores somewhat on a few BTBAM songs and finally get that 5* on Obfuscation which has so narrowly avoided me since I got it.

At 1/8/13 05:13 AM, Dean wrote:
How come you don't drum as part of a band or anything? If you get the chance to, I reckon you should.

Well me, Dromedary and another friend of mine always figured we'd have some jamming sessions if I ever got a real kit. And the only reason I haven't is just due to me having nowhere to put them. I have a garage that would be perfect for them but there's just too much weight training equipment in there from my Step-dad and my brother.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-08 10:47:11 Reply

At 1/8/13 08:31 AM, Snuff wrote: Well me, Dromedary and another friend of mine always figured we'd have some jamming sessions if I ever got a real kit. And the only reason I haven't is just due to me having nowhere to put them. I have a garage that would be perfect for them but there's just too much weight training equipment in there from my Step-dad and my brother.

Yea, I guess that's the worst part about being a drummer. The storage space required. That and the noise. My Dad offered to give me his drum kit for free (he used to play in a punk band until a few years ago) a while back and I had the space for it in my garage but my Mum wouldn't let me take it because it would be too loud, which is fair enough I guess because it's not really something I could play without disrupting the whole street. Still, I'd have loved to take up playing the drums. I do play guitar (pretty badly) every now and again but it's not something I take seriously. I can play along to a good few songs that I like but that's about it. They're not difficult songs or anything either.

I just reckon it would be cool to get a local band going because it's always the same bands that play at the pubs in my town. They're decent and all but they're pretty much all cover bands and after a while you start to realise that their setlist doesn't change much. Still, when you're drunk any rock type music seems to sound good.

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-08 20:45:52 Reply

Tonight I shall being taking a break from playing the DBZ HD collection to continue my grind toward's 1000'ing Dark Souls. which isn't much of a grind considering I love that game tremendously.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 07:06:06 Reply

At 1/7/13 07:58 AM, Dean wrote:
At 1/7/13 06:04 AM, Shade wrote: Gunnin' for that number 46 spot!
Leave my number 45 spot alone! I don't get enough achievements to fight you off :(

Just for you I'll try to jump from 46 to 44 in a week sometime soon just to let you keep it.

On a separate note I want to get Rockband 3 myself but I cannot find a copy or a guitar anywhere.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 07:15:44 Reply

At 1/9/13 07:06 AM, Shade wrote:
On a separate note I want to get Rockband 3 myself but I cannot find a copy or a guitar anywhere.

Yeah for some reason the game has always stayed at a really high price, despite it being over 2 years old now. The guitars are still expensive too. Every now and then you'll find a sale or deal when you can get either or both for a cheap price though. So keep looking.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 07:28:44 Reply

I just use the old Guitar Hero 3 guitar with Rock Band. It might not have the higher frets of the slidey bit but it does the job. I don't really like how the Rock Band guitars feel either but I suppose that was just because I wasn't used to them. GH3 guitars seem to be easy enough to get hold of via eBay or whatever.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 08:04:55 Reply

God I really hope the Highlander game gets released at some point.

I know it isn't happening, but it would be nice.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 08:38:18 Reply

At 1/9/13 08:04 AM, Shade wrote: God I really hope the Highlander game gets released at some point.

A Highlander game? As in a game based on Connor MacLeod and his quest to chop off the heads of other immortals? I suppose it could be based on any immortal but that'd be pretty cool. And it's convenient timing that you brought this up because yesterday I just watched an animated Highlander film called The Search For Vengeance. Most of the sequels to the original film were pretty shit but this animated film wasn't too bad, although it's not based on Conner, it's based on a guy who becomes known as Colin MacLeod.

Assuming we're referring to the same Highlander here, it could potentially made a decent game I guess, depending on what kind of game-play they go for.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 12:07:44 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:13 AM, Dean wrote:

because he is an utter mong who won't get a real kit regardless of how much I tell him to

and his music taste is poo

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 15:37:59 Reply

At 1/9/13 08:38 AM, Dean wrote:
At 1/9/13 08:04 AM, Shade wrote: God I really hope the Highlander game gets released at some point.
A Highlander game? As in a game based on Connor MacLeod and his quest to chop off the heads of other immortals? I suppose it could be based on any immortal but that'd be pretty cool. And it's convenient timing that you brought this up because yesterday I just watched an animated Highlander film called The Search For Vengeance. Most of the sequels to the original film were pretty shit but this animated film wasn't too bad, although it's not based on Conner, it's based on a guy who becomes known as Colin MacLeod.

Assuming we're referring to the same Highlander here, it could potentially made a decent game I guess, depending on what kind of game-play they go for.

Ther was a game in the works but it got the axe in 2010. The whole game was going to be a hack n' slash akin to LOTR the Two Towers with segments that would allow you to use your immortality to your advantage such as blocking bullets from hitting a mortal. The game would be about a MacLeod (go figure) and would feature cameos from Connor and Duncan. I'd preorder it.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 18:40:51 Reply

After 6 days and 19 hours of playing Blops 2 multiplayer, I hit Master Prestige rank today. Taking into account the time spent on zombies and campaign, I'm guessing that I've now spent about 8 days playing a game that's been out for 2 months.

What am I doing with my life? ;_;

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-09 19:21:25 Reply

At 1/9/13 06:40 PM, ShadowWest wrote: I'm guessing that I've now spent about 8 days playing a game that's been out for 2 months.

That's really not that much time. 8 out of around 60 days.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-10 16:17:06 Reply

At 1/9/13 07:21 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 1/9/13 06:40 PM, ShadowWest wrote: I'm guessing that I've now spent about 8 days playing a game that's been out for 2 months.

Umm...yeah it is really that much time

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-10 17:03:03 Reply

At 1/10/13 04:17 PM, Dromedary wrote:

Umm...yeah it is really that much time

Eight days out of a Sixty day period is not a lot of time to spend on one game.

At all. There are people who easily play the same game for the entire 60 days, so no, 8 of them isn't much by comparison.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-01-10 17:03:56 Reply

At 1/9/13 06:40 PM, ShadowWest wrote: After 6 days and 19 hours of playing Blops 2 multiplayer, I hit Master Prestige rank today. Taking into account the time spent on zombies and campaign, I'm guessing that I've now spent about 8 days playing a game that's been out for 2 months.

I play 70-80 hours of Dota 2 a week.