Be a Supporter!

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

  • 390,087 Views
  • 15,231 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 11:22:41 Reply

At 7/29/13 08:45 AM, Bryan wrote: I just can't get into Red Dead Redemption. I bought it months and months ago and have barely played it. I currently only have 2 achievements in it worth 20 points. I think a lot of it has to do with the horse controls, I also feel like the map layout is a lot more convoluted and confusing than the mini maps in GTA.

Give it a chance, I got 100% and something like 940G in what felt like a week in RDR. By far my favorite rockstar game.


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 12:06:19 Reply

At 7/29/13 11:22 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/29/13 08:45 AM, Bryan wrote: I just can't get into Red Dead Redemption. I bought it months and months ago and have barely played it. I currently only have 2 achievements in it worth 20 points. I think a lot of it has to do with the horse controls, I also feel like the map layout is a lot more convoluted and confusing than the mini maps in GTA.
Give it a chance, I got 100% and something like 940G in what felt like a week in RDR. By far my favorite rockstar game.

I've been trying, but I just feel completely lost. I've been helping out Bonnie at the ranch and I just got to the part where you have to lasso a horse, which is pretty annoying. I don't really understand where the story is going either. I'm just doing random farm stuff to pass by the time, I suppose.


"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 14:02:17 Reply

At 7/29/13 12:06 PM, Bryan wrote: I've been trying, but I just feel completely lost. I've been helping out Bonnie at the ranch and I just got to the part where you have to lasso a horse, which is pretty annoying. I don't really understand where the story is going either. I'm just doing random farm stuff to pass by the time, I suppose.

yeah the ranch missions will make any sane man suicidal. don't worry, it gets amazing


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 15:31:29 Reply

Anyone complete Battlefield 3? I've been having trouble getting the Butterfly achievement to unlock. That's the one where you have to take down the jet in one attempt on A Rock and A Hard Place. I've done it multiple times but it still hasn't unlocked for me. Really frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?


"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 19:33:49 Reply

At 7/29/13 03:31 PM, Bryan wrote: Anyone complete Battlefield 3? I've been having trouble getting the Butterfly achievement to unlock. That's the one where you have to take down the jet in one attempt on A Rock and A Hard Place. I've done it multiple times but it still hasn't unlocked for me. Really frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I had this problem too, replay the mission on a different difficulty to the one you played through the mission on before, then replay the mission on the different difficulty again and you should get the cheevo on that run.

For example, I played the campaign on Hard first, no achievement from that mission. I replayed and beat the mission on Normal, I done a second run on Normal and got the achievement.


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-29 22:34:41 Reply

Battlefield 3 had the single worst campaign of all time to the point where it completely turned me off both the series and modern FPS games forever, single or multi player.

Just saying.

Fuck that game.


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-30 06:23:22 Reply

Started episode 2 of the Tyranny of King Washington on AssCreed 3 last night got 15g from it, will finish it later.

At 7/29/13 10:34 PM, Jackho wrote: Battlefield 3 had the single worst campaign of all time to the point where it completely turned me off both the series and modern FPS games forever, single or multi player.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-30 07:10:28 Reply

At 7/29/13 10:34 PM, Jackho wrote: Battlefield 3 had the single worst campaign of all time to the point where it completely turned me off both the series and modern FPS games forever, single or multi player.

Just saying.

Fuck that game.

I agree. The Battlefield campaign was really shitty. I did complete it on hard, it wasn't THAT bad but I encountered a glitch where my saves got corrupted and I had to restart.... TWICE So I had to play through the campaign on hard 3 times and by that point I was pretty fucking annoyed. Also, the Battlefield campaign is buggy as fuck and sometimes things won't work right unless you stand in the precise spot the game wants you to stand in.


"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-30 07:26:56 Reply

At 7/29/13 10:34 PM, Jackho wrote: Battlefield 3 had the single worst campaign of all time to the point where it completely turned me off both the series and modern FPS games forever, single or multi player.

Just saying.

Fuck that game.

lol why would you go into a multiplayer focused games single player campaign, and expect anything but dissapointment?


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-30 07:33:50 Reply

At 7/30/13 07:26 AM, iMini wrote:
At 7/29/13 10:34 PM, Jackho wrote: Battlefield 3 had the single worst campaign of all time to the point where it completely turned me off both the series and modern FPS games forever, single or multi player.

Just saying.

Fuck that game.
lol why would you go into a multiplayer focused games single player campaign, and expect anything but dissapointment?

Well, it was for the achievements, but yeah. You could tell the lack of effort put into the campaign from the fact it was the second disk.


"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-30 08:52:47 Reply

At 7/30/13 07:26 AM, iMini wrote: lol why would you go into a multiplayer focused games single player campaign, and expect anything but dissapointment?

CoD4 was one of my favorite games even before I got live. Bad Company 1 had an awesome campaign. If you're going to have a campaign at all at least try to have it not be the greatest piece of shit of all ever.

And expecting disappointment is an oxymoron. It's not like I was expecting it to be good, but it had to be like action 52's level on the shitometer.

Worst fps campaign ever, with the possible exception of Medal of Honor 2010.


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 10:07:03 Reply

At 7/30/13 08:52 AM, Jackho wrote:
Worst fps campaign ever, with the possible exception of Medal of Honor 2010.

I strongly agree with this opinion.

Also too much Rock Band and yet I can't stop.

and I still suck but I beat a couple of your scores ShadowWest (and more of Kunera's)
Kunera
Kunera
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 10:43:29 Reply

At 7/31/13 10:07 AM, Snuff wrote: Also too much Rock Band and yet I can't stop.

and I still suck but I beat a couple of your scores ShadowWest (and more of Kunera's)

Well shit. Are you talking guitar or drums? If drums, I haven't exactly been good at RB drums since RB2 was alive and kicking. If guitar, well, shit, I need to play more.


Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 12:23:43 Reply

At 7/31/13 10:07 AM, Snuff wrote:
and I still suck but I beat a couple of your scores ShadowWest (and more of Kunera's)

I noticed you beat my guitar score on Black Hole Sun by a good amount and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK", well done!

I've been trying to gold star all AC/DC songs on guitar lately, just got Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Whole Lotta Rosie left but the solos are ridiculous. I'll get them done eventually.


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 12:53:05 Reply

Think I'll give Bioshock another chance. Previously attempted to play this game two or three times in the past and never enjoyed it all that much. On one playthrough I even made reasonable progress but then just stopped playing for some reason. Not sure why I'm expecting it to be any different this time but I realise I've had Bioshock 2 sitting on my shelf for years now so maybe this time I'mm actually beat the first one and move onto the second.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 20:32:38 Reply

Dean, even if you still don't like Bioshock you should eventually play Bioshock Infinite.

Also, this:

"The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero," Major Nelson has announced.

"Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally 800 points) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th.

"Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dear Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free."

Dead Rising 2 for free makes me very happy. Always wanted to try it.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-07-31 21:25:47 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Dead Rising 2

I'm almost thinking about considering being arsed with xbox live again. Maybe try just a little harder, microsoft.


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 03:56:03 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Dean, even if you still don't like Bioshock you should eventually play Bioshock Infinite.

Also, this:

"The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero," Major Nelson has announced.

"Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally 800 points) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th.

"Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dear Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free."

Dead Rising 2 for free makes me very happy. Always wanted to try it.

2 more games I have never played. Love it. My hard drive space is filling up fast because of all these games lol

Pretty sure I had 60-75% of my hard drive space left before the free game giveaways now I am 5 or 10 GB under half. What with more games coming and a mandatory GTA V install hopefully I don't end up running out of space.

malachi117
malachi117
  • Member since: May. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 03:59:23 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote:
"Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dear Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free."

Crackdown can fuck right off, but I may finally renew for the free Dead Rising 2.


You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 06:24:32 Reply

At 7/31/13 12:23 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 7/31/13 10:07 AM, Snuff wrote:
and I still suck but I beat a couple of your scores ShadowWest (and more of Kunera's)
I noticed you beat my guitar score on Black Hole Sun by a good amount and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK", well done!

I'm pretty sure I beat your score on one or two particularly difficult songs, though I think I deliberately forget which ones in the hopes you won't find out and then proceed to trash my score, but it is a pretty good feeling.

Also I figured out how I like to do that peculiar solo in Absolute with two hands, but it's still a complete bitch to nail. Occasionally I'll manage to keep it going for the first half but most of the time I just botch it up completely.

At 7/31/13 10:43 AM, Kunera wrote:
Well shit. Are you talking guitar or drums? If drums, I haven't exactly been good at RB drums since RB2 was alive and kicking. If guitar, well, shit, I need to play more.

Guitar my friend, I can't seem to stop playing it. Don't worry though it was only on a couple of songs, your scores are nearly as difficult for me to beat as ShadowWest's.

Also I'm quite excited for those two free games, seeing as I've never played either, unless you count Case Zero. They didn't exactly attract my attention but hey they're free so I might as well get them if not just for the gamerscore.

Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 06:34:06 Reply

At 7/31/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Dean, even if you still don't like Bioshock you should eventually play Bioshock Infinite.

I'll probably give it a shot eventually. I'm actually enjoying Bioshock a little more this time around. I probably wont be touching Infinite until it falls in price even more though. Over the past couple years I've been finding it really hard to justify paying retail price for games. I can pick up Infinite for like £25 (new) now but even at that price I'm still not sold.

Until I get a job (had an interview the other day) I can't see me spending much money on stuff I don't need. The exception to that being GTA V, but I have some money set aside for that. Still haven't actually pre-ordered it yet though.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 06:44:38 Reply

At 8/1/13 06:34 AM, Dean wrote:
Until I get a job (had an interview the other day) I can't see me spending much money on stuff I don't need. The exception to that being GTA V, but I have some money set aside for that. Still haven't actually pre-ordered it yet though.

Since I pre-ordered it before I quit my job I don't think I'll actually be getting it. They only charge you when they dispatch it and I probably won't have the money in my account in time for it's release. Unless I can get a job this month, which seems unlikely despite the amount I've applied for.

Kunera
Kunera
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 07:11:22 Reply

At 8/1/13 06:24 AM, Snuff wrote: Guitar my friend, I can't seem to stop playing it. Don't worry though it was only on a couple of songs, your scores are nearly as difficult for me to beat as ShadowWest's.

Well, that's good, at least. I'll probably have to get back into Rock Band again anyway, though.


Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 09:21:20 Reply

At 8/1/13 07:11 AM, Kunera wrote:
At 8/1/13 06:24 AM, Snuff wrote: Guitar my friend, I can't seem to stop playing it. Don't worry though it was only on a couple of songs, your scores are nearly as difficult for me to beat as ShadowWest's.
Well, that's good, at least. I'll probably have to get back into Rock Band again anyway, though.

Well that are currently 4 people in this thread that play it, though at the moment I can only play guitar/bass, but hey we could always get a band together some time.

Me, Kunera, ShadowWest and Dromedary, I think there might be one or two other's who'd be down for playing though
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 12:32:32 Reply

I'm sorry Snuff

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 13:42:12 Reply

That's Bioshock beaten. Not as bad a game as I remember. Not that I ever thought it was a bad game, I guess I just struggled to get into it. Definitely don't rate it as highly as a lot of people seem to either. Still, at least that another game I can check off my list. Might move onto Bioshock 2 now or maybe play something totally different.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 13:49:49 Reply

At 8/1/13 01:42 PM, Dean wrote: That's Bioshock beaten. Not as bad a game as I remember. Not that I ever thought it was a bad game, I guess I just struggled to get into it. Definitely don't rate it as highly as a lot of people seem to either. Still, at least that another game I can check off my list. Might move onto Bioshock 2 now or maybe play something totally different.

how long did it take you to complete it? i've tried to playthrough it twice but i got so bored about 2 hours in each time, had a lot more fun playing bioshock 2.

also snuff, fantastic job with Alive, it inspired me to finally FC that solo! anyway, this feels a bit dickish now so i'm going to stop... for now at least.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 14:07:34 Reply

At 8/1/13 01:49 PM, ShadowWest wrote: how long did it take you to complete it? i've tried to playthrough it twice but i got so bored about 2 hours in each time, had a lot more fun playing bioshock 2.

I never kept track of the time and I didn't see a stat anywhere that gave me my playtime. I beat it in two sittings so I'm going to assume it was somewhere in the region of 10 hours. I did feel like I was mostly just playing it to beat it though. It held my attention but I wasn't super into it. I was just fed up if it sitting on my shelf unbeaten.

Still have the following Xbox 360 games sitting around that I've not beaten yet. Although in some, I made considerable progress and then abandoned for some reason:

Alpha Protocol
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Bioshock 2
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 3
Darksiders II
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Fallout: New Vegas
Guitar Hero 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Skate
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
Two Worlds II


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 14:18:44 Reply

At 8/1/13 01:49 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
also snuff, fantastic job with Alive, it inspired me to finally FC that solo! anyway, this feels a bit dickish now so i'm going to stop... for now at least.

Ah I'll give you that one. I was about to FC it but then I slipped up somewhere in the solo, I have a bad habit of choking at the end of songs.

Also I have a bunch of these from mine and oliver's rivalry days before he decided he hated me

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 2013-08-01 14:21:21 Reply

At 8/1/13 02:07 PM, Dean wrote: Alpha Protocol
Darksiders II
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Fallout: New Vegas
Two Worlds II

I have these to finish off too. I actually got Two Worlds II from my mate in a license transfer a while back, it has online co-op apparently so he wants to get it done when he has enough spare time to do so. I'm pretty stubborn about Fallout: NV, it's not a bad game by any means, but it's inferior to FO3 in every way and as such I cannot be arsed to ever get back to playing it.


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature