00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PewPowPunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Stuck Controls Bug

5,577 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:09:38

I've started receiving reports that moving in certain directions is getting stuck, like when the arrow key is lifted, the movement continues as if it were still down.

This is happening on games I've had on NG for a long time, but just in the last few weeks, even though the file has not been changed, people are reporting this "bug"

The "Armed Prophet" game seems to be having the same problem (based on the reviews)

Is it a flash player thing? A Newgrounds thing? A Windows 7 thing? A Windows Vista thing?

Anyone know why it would just start showing up recently?

I'm stumped, plz help!

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:13:18

when this happens to me, I just press the key he's stuck in again and he's good as new.

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:15:30

At 11/19/09 12:13 AM, roseboy wrote: when this happens to me, I just press the key he's stuck in again and he's good as new.

I think I found the answer. It's an Internet Explorer problem, doing the following will fix it (copied from a forum on kongregate)

SOLVED: Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- uncheck protected mode. or Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- click -trusted sites - click sites - uncheck require server - click add (Make sure you also have unchecked protected mode for this zone) This will disable it for only the site you add. This solved the problem but obviously will weakens your security. I would recommend you only disable this when you go to sites you trust that have this problem. Tested with IE8 on Windows 7 RC. I also think it will work with Vista and IE 7. I tested with the game shift 4. Good Luck!

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:21:24

It all works fine for me. (Mac OS X, FP 10).

Also links next time, fuck, what is this? I'm too important to be searching for Flash. FUCK.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:23:42

At 11/19/09 12:21 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: It all works fine for me. (Mac OS X, FP 10).

Also links next time, fuck, what is this? I'm too important to be searching for Flash. FUCK.

Ha ha, in case you missed the GIANT banner on the front page:

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-19 00:35:00

At 11/19/09 12:23 AM, BoMToons wrote: Ha ha, in case you missed the GIANT banner on the front page:

I don't do front pages; F6> "/2" and I'm where I wanna be. I found it (eventually) through the links at the bottom of the page. If it don't appear there, I don't view it.

Also I'm glad it's solved n shit, but what are the odds of IE fucking up? Srsly.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2009-11-21 08:57:56

At 11/19/09 12:15 AM, BoMToons wrote:
SOLVED: Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- uncheck protected mode. or Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- click -trusted sites - click sites - uncheck require server - click add (Make sure you also have unchecked protected mode for this zone) This will disable it for only the site you add. This solved the problem but obviously will weakens your security. I would recommend you only disable this when you go to sites you trust that have this problem. Tested with IE8 on Windows 7 RC. I also think it will work with Vista and IE 7. I tested with the game shift 4. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip! I actually PMed Luis the other day about this issue when I had problems on Portal Defenders. I found out myself that using the pop-up mode usually eliminates the problem also ( but not on all games, i.e. Miami Shark). I'm glad someone found a solution to the problem.

BBS Signature

Response to New Stuck Controls Bug 2010-04-28 12:17:20

At 11/19/09 12:35 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 11/19/09 12:23 AM, BoMToons wrote: Ha ha, in case you missed the GIANT banner on the front page:
I don't do front pages; F6> "/2" and I'm where I wanna be. I found it (eventually) through the links at the bottom of the page. If it don't appear there, I don't view it.

Also I'm glad it's solved n shit, but what are the odds of IE fucking up? Srsly.

ie fails bro its slow takes up lots of ram boring interface garbage all around