00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!!

24,562 Views | 420 Replies

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-29 23:53:46

Quick update: Dante responded saying he was away this weekend and preoccupied with a solo project. Silly me, I forgot about how a lot of people tend to take trips this weekend.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-11-30 11:07:49

I havent worked on much else outside of the rough draft. I plan on getting in at least two animations, but school and voice work has taken up my animation time. thankfully i have a month and a half break t work on the final draft and the other animation.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-01 00:55:55

Wonderful news, everybody! I learned that there are 30 days in the month of November, not 31! That means December tablets starts tomorrow! Well, it's already tomorrow on the Newgrounds clock. Tuesday is the real first day of December. How lovely.

At 11/30/09 11:07 AM, AMTRAX91 wrote: thankfully i have a month and a half break t work on the final draft and the other animation.

Month and a half? What sort of crazy organization do you work for? And where do I sign up? Back on planet Earth's schools, we have 16 days off of school, starting on the 18th I believe and ending on January 4th. What a nice time of year this is. But all us kids better get to work immediately during the break. After Christmas, you'll be too preoccupied with your new goodies.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-01 08:35:51

Ok I sat down and put the whole storyboard into an animatic using the voices.

Unfortunately in doing so, I discovered that I'm missing a few lines and I need one line redone... so I'm not going to post it quite yet.

The inserted clips are kinda broken anyway because the backgrounds are still in-progress... and I've been using keyframes to draw them, so it keeps playing the keyframes over and over while they're onscreen... which is kinda cool because you see the sketch kinda morph into the actual almost complete background, but all it really does is induce epileptic seizures and annoy me every time I play it back.

What I can tell you is that it's 144.3 seconds in length(2m 14.3s). That may change, but not by much.

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-02 03:45:35

how about some extra in the collab like i dont know maybie arts & comicks
is that ok?

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-02 10:35:18

At 12/1/09 08:35 AM, Helbereth wrote: Ok I sat down and put the whole storyboard into an animatic using the voices.

Unfortunately in doing so, I discovered that I'm missing a few lines and I need one line redone... so I'm not going to post it quite yet.

Ok, get back to us when you have one ready.

At 12/2/09 03:45 AM, bocodamondo wrote: how about some extra in the collab like i dont know maybie arts & comicks
is that ok?

Well, I don't see any harm in that. What does everybody else think?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-02 13:38:47

I say yes. I'll throw a couple comics or artwerks together. Still working on the entry

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-02 23:04:19

At 12/2/09 01:38 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: I say yes. I'll throw a couple comics or artwerks together. Still working on the entry

Gee, my second idea for a part (which I stopped working on since finishing that one background) would make a great comic idea. Sure would be easier than making it into a full part. I'm currently working on my third idea. The longer one, which I think will be great.

The whole comic idea has never been done before in a collab to my knowledge, and I fully support the idea. But remember, we need plenty of actual parts too.

And how do you guys feel about the button to the comics being in the main menu? Objections? Things that will also be there are of course the Play button and Scene Select button. I have a semi-creative idea for the scene selection. It shows a desk with a turned-on lamp in it in a relatively dark room. On this desk are assorted weapons, ammo, and certain items featured in the games like a first aid spray, or a lockpick.

BUT the attention of the viewer will be drawn to the scenes that pan in front of the view of the desk. Upon first clicking into the scene selection, you will see the aforementioned desk, but there will be a slightly transparent blue box that scrolls to the middle of the screen. It will show a screenshot of the first scene of the finished collab, complete with the author's name and a "Play" button. There will also be an arrow to the right. Clicking on that will bring another box as the first one slides off to the left offscreen. This second box will have a screenshot of the second part of the collab. And so on.

Questions? Or perhaps somebody has a better scene selection idea?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-04 18:46:52

I think it sounds good... sorry I haven't been working very much on the collab, I'm focusing on my next submission right now. but I'll give you the updates on the menu when I have time.

Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-05 04:08:45

about my part 2 (the regenerator part)
so when i fix the blood , is then done for you right?
then i can send you the .FLA ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-05 14:10:17

At 12/5/09 04:08 AM, bocodamondo wrote: about my part 2 (the regenerator part)

I haven't seen your clip in a while and I currently lack the mental fortitude to go looking...

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-05 21:01:24

At 12/5/09 04:08 AM, bocodamondo wrote: about my part 2 (the regenerator part)

If nobody has any further suggestions, than yes. Fix up the blood animation, than show us.

At 12/5/09 02:10 PM, Helbereth wrote:
I haven't seen your clip in a while and I currently lack the mental fortitude to go looking...

Remember the Collab Progress chart I make every page. His second part is right here.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-06 09:44:43

Well my 2 and a half minute mini-movie is probably gonna take me 30 days of work to finish... and I can't very well do that all at once.

So, in all likelyhood I wouldn't predict a release until February at least.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/061209/3 4687_ResidentEvilCollab_Storyboard.php

The almost complete storyboard animatic. It's missing one of Jill's lines still (I simply don't have it), but it's pretty much the whole lineup of shots. It's missing a lot of sound effects and the music is set really low (it'll be a bit louder in the final cut), but the important part - the shot list - is done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-06 14:42:31

At 12/6/09 09:44 AM, Helbereth wrote: Well my 2 and a half minute mini-movie is probably gonna take me 30 days of work to finish... and I can't very well do that all at once.

So, in all likelyhood I wouldn't predict a release until February at least.

I concur. Mid February looks like the most realistic prediction based on our progress so far.

At 12/6/09 01:09 AM, Leo-and-Pals wrote:
When do you guys predict the collab'll be released? I'd love to get involved but I just want to finish my own animation first.

I'd like to reinstate something I said earlier:

At 11/24/09 08:39 PM, Gustavos wrote: this collab will be finished when it's finished. IF I ever lay down a deadline, it'll be for the last two or so guys finishing up their parts, but more so to get their asses in gear. Needless to say, this collab will likely end up being released a few weeks later than we COULD submit it.

All I'd liked to add is, you cannot rush perfection. I know everybody doesn't want to wait too long for the day we submit, but we're going to have to let people get in their time to work. As long as they're giving updates on their progress (or otherwise showing that they're not dead), we'll wait for them.

And it's good to have you aboard, Leo-and-Pals. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Just make sure you're following our specs! Frame rate, stage size, etc.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-07 15:53:34

Okay so I may or may not be able to participate in this anymore. If I dont do well in Astronomy class, it may be years before any of you hear from me again. Hopefully I can ace the final (I'm trying TT__TT), but if nobody hears from me after the first week of the new year then please continue this collab without me.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-07 19:35:18

At 12/7/09 03:53 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: Okay so I may or may not be able to participate in this anymore. If I dont do well in Astronomy class, it may be years before any of you hear from me again. Hopefully I can ace the final (I'm trying TT__TT), but if nobody hears from me after the first week of the new year then please continue this collab without me.

Aww man, that's awful. Are you in a college or a senior in High School? I've never heard of finals in the Winter time. But then again, I'm just a freshman. Why would we not hear from you in years?

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-08 00:24:13

At 12/7/09 07:35 PM, Gustavos wrote: Aww man, that's awful. Are you in a college or a senior in High School? I've never heard of finals in the Winter time. But then again, I'm just a freshman. Why would we not hear from you in years?

College. And the reason would be because i would either be forced into the army or out of the house

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-09 01:04:03

I think I'm done prettying up the backgrounds in my first part. So, here it is.

Backgrounds should only have perfect quality when attention is drawn to them. As Helbereth pointed out, that happens in my part in the end. But that's the only time. Our attention is constantly fixed on the characters and what they're doing. When that's the case in a flash movie, the only thing you'll want from the background, is to have it blend in and not be too eye-catching. The colors used should be somewhat similar and not distract the eye from the foreground.

But, I feel I can do no more for this part. Consider it the final version.

I certainly am glad to at least be done with it though. So it's not constantly on my conscience. I'm sure the audience will enjoy it just as much as all the other parts. :)

I can fix up any problems you guys feel are dire. Anything besides further background polishing.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-09 19:37:00

At 12/9/09 07:02 AM, Leo-and-Pals wrote: Haha, that has some really nice timing.

Thank you very much.

Also Gustavos, when you say 'parts', does that mean we can submit say two or three short connected pieces that would be more suitable being split up rather than one piece of animation?

When I say "parts" I mean scenes of the collab. When I said "first part" I just meant it is the first part I'm contributing to this collab. As I am the leader and should contribute plenty. I have plans to do another part, and the scene selection as well for this collab. Does that answer your question?

If you want to have a few parts with a connected joke, go ahead. If you're willing to make more than one part, that is. All good collabs have continuous jokes. The first to come to my mind is NiN10Doh!

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-10 00:12:12

Scratch what I said earlier. Here's an update:

Richard's Death v3.01

Now with 20% less shaky animation!
At 12/6/09 09:44 AM, Helbereth wrote:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/061209/3 4687_ResidentEvilCollab_Storyboard.php

Now that my speakers work once again, I can say great job there! It'll be badass when its finished. The voice acting was very nice. And props for Jill's laughing. It's hard to pretend you're really laughing as you do it into a microphone.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-10 22:08:16

Bocodamondo, I made a change to that logo you put in the corner. Now it takes you to your userpage when it's clicked on. Since it was already a button, I guess you expected me to do that anyway.

And, would you mind if I proofread your subtitles? There are a few spelling errors. Would you object if I went ahead and fixed them?

So, I'd like to bring up the topic of logos. I would like it if everybody had one in their part. Simple. Just have your name up in the corner. If you don't know how to make a button link to a webpage, than don't worry, I'll take care of that. Your name could be in a box if you want it to be more legible. The writing could be all fancy. Whatever you want.

But I would ask that you make a new, seperate layer for this logo. So I can have them together in the final project.

Also, Boco, you needed to have all your library items named a specific way like I said on the first page of this thread. I'll take care of it for this part, but make sure you fix that in your others. Also, you need to make a character for the menu and have that in the fla of one of your other parts.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-11 19:50:14

ok guys im officialy out of this collab.
ive just joined a play for school and wont be able to work for a long long time. in fact the most ive been able to do since october is doodle for a game i plan to make some time far far in the future. sorry to do this.

i bid you farewell,
Nateofwar

Nateofwar owns your mother

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-12 00:21:12

At 12/11/09 07:50 PM, Nateofwar wrote: ok guys im officialy out of this collab.
ive just joined a play for school and wont be able to work for a long long time. in fact the most ive been able to do since october is doodle for a game i plan to make some time far far in the future. sorry to do this.

i bid you farewell,
Nateofwar

This is truly a sad day. Unfortunate, to say the very least. NateofWar, it's been nice to have you, but if this is your decision, than I bid you farewell and good luck. I'm sure the other members here would do the same. If you'd ever think of changing your mind, we're still here. And we'll be here for a while Strange though that you'd choose this time. Before Winter Break. A good few weeks of no school. Perfect for flash work. But then again, you're part should be over two minutes long. You would need a month minimum.

I guess this is good bye. Auf Wiedersehen.

RESIDENT EVIL COLLAB 2 PROGRESS:

Member/ BA estimate/ latest update on part(s)
Gustavos/ 3.75/ here
Prime45664/ 4.11/ his three parts can be viewed here
Bocodamondo/ 2.85/ Part #1 Part#2 Part #3
Helbereth/ 4.15/ Many Different Updates
Dante224/ 4.20/ only a written script
Amtrax91/ 4.00/ rough draft
ChilliC/ no submission that he animated in/ a picture of one of his backgrounds
Ghor7/ 3.70/ rough draft
DumbassDude/ 4.05/ no updates yet
Obituary Members

NateofWar

If anybody needs me to update anything on the progress chart, tell me. I'll change it so it's correct on the next page.

On a side topic for discussion. All the kids get a lovely thing called Winter Break. For me, that means 16 days of hanging out at home. I treat it like a really long weekend, just like how I treat summer vacation, so therefore, plenty of time to work on flash. As well as anything else I feel like doing. Who else is geared up for Winter Break? Mine starts seven days from now. Speaking of gearing up. I purchased a NG shirt and NG poster from the Store. Christmas presents for myself. Visible pieces of Newgrounds. I've been waiting to finally get something from there.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-12 08:07:49

And, would you mind if I proofread your subtitles? There are a few spelling errors. Would you object if

if you found some spell wrong then correct it please ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-14 23:16:32

At 12/12/09 08:07 AM, bocodamondo wrote:

And, would you mind if I proofread your subtitles? There are a few spelling errors. Would you object if
if you found some spell wrong then correct it please ^^

Oh, sorry. I forgot about it.

Bocodamondo's second part. Proofread!

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-14 23:32:42

I'm gonna try to get my part done this to next week just in case things go arwy. I'm going to make sure that I dont get thrown into the military, even if I dont do well in the class, but the alternative may leave me without my laptop with which i animate with. I'll try to finish it so it can at least be included in the collab. I really wanna take part in this. Organizing the Big Awesome Video Game collab over the summer was so much fun and I'm having just as much fun with this collab.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-15 01:20:51

At 12/14/09 11:32 PM, AMTRAX91 wrote: I'm gonna try to get my part done this to next week just in case things go arwy. I'm going to make sure that I dont get thrown into the military, even if I dont do well in the class, but the alternative may leave me without my laptop with which i animate with. I'll try to finish it so it can at least be included in the collab. I really wanna take part in this. Organizing the Big Awesome Video Game collab over the summer was so much fun and I'm having just as much fun with this collab.

So you took your Finals already, huh? Well, I don't know the first thing about Finals, especially College Finals, so no advice there.

I don't suppose your college semester is still going on? Do you still have assignments to complete before it's over? If I were you, I'd focus on 100%ing those to patch up any damage done by Finals. If they're both accounted for in the same grade, that is. I wasn't paying attention when they told us how "secondary education" works.

That means "college" right? Holy hell...we even took tests on this crap just a few months ago.

Well, we don't want to lose you either. The army is pretty bogus, I hear. I was never the Physical Education type. I'd make a terrible soldier. Lugging around 60+ pounds of equipment on the battlefield. I can't even jog for long while carrying my own body weight.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-15 12:06:12

@Gustavos- Yeah me neither. I'm overweight, nearsighted, unmotivated to excercise and I'd be wasting my talents in the military (no narcisism intended =_=). Naw the finals are the last things and I still have a couple finals left.

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-18 19:58:03

Newgrounds was very generous in giving us, Dumping Grounds!

Step aside, Spamtheweb!

You can upload all sorts of stuff with a very large amount of available Megabytes to use (512! Holy shit!). Anything you previously uploaded can be quickly accessed afterwards. AND, anything uploaded can be downloaded by somebody else, including fla. files. How convenient!

Need to transfer some files from one computer to another? Put away the flash drive, we have Dumping Grounds!
COMING SOON! The privilege to upload sound files!
Tell your friends! Dumping Grounds is free to all Newgrounders!

Everybody, let's all thank Mr. Fulp for coming up with such a grand idea. Oh, but he's not done yet as our "Secret Santa", he's also got more goodies planned to release around the holidays. Like he said, he wants to turn this site into a utopia within the next half year. Perhaps another redesign? I signed up right before the 2007 one happenned.

Oh, and it's Winter Break for those of us still attending school. A joyous occasion, for we have two weeks off at my school. Maybe I can get off my lazy ass to do some flash, and hope that the rest of you can do the same.

Come on guys, this collab is gonna be great!

Oh, and if you want to send me your part, you can post the swf. file here (for the rest of us to view), but I'd rather you send me the fla. link over a private message to prevent other people from stealing your file. I've seen that happen before in a collab, years ago. If you're afraid of somebody taking your swf., than use Spamtheweb.com.

Further rules for giving me your part will be posted soon, I just need to formulate them into words. :)

Response to The Resident Evil Collab 2 !!! 2009-12-18 20:12:56

Be careful with what you upload...if anyone can download them...anyone can reupload them...and take the credit...So be careful with uploading your prcious work if you dont want someone to steal it. The idea of a dumping grounds is cool, but there should be a password or something. it isnt very secure. Wait a minute. Nevermind. Nothing on the website is secure so it fits in fine