00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knocturne's Art

51,364 Views | 570 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-20 16:06:24

At 11/20/09 03:46 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 11/14/09 11:35 PM, Knocturne wrote: The finished product.
I like this.
I like it.

feels like a big compliment coming from you.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-20 18:14:17

At 11/15/09 01:55 AM, Knocturne wrote: Just get an image of a model (hand, full body or whatever) and draw it as much as I can without looking at my paper too much, this book I bought said you become better at observing if you concentrate on portraying what you see, and don't look at the paper more than you need to.

Sometimes I'll draw outside at this little park near my house.

All in all, I only do it maybe once a week. For the colours of skin, I haven't really done much besides look at various skin tone palettes but I haven't done anything about it.

Right now, I'm trying to learn up about drawing machines and strengthen and impliment perspective.

erm, well what you should do instead of just staring at the picture figure out how things work. Get under the skin, hell get under the muscles and get the bones down, then figure out the muscles work and how they connect, proportions, etc. Learn how they react whether it be contract or expand. memorize the stuff then learn something else related to the body. Do it more often then once i week too. i do many studies everyday as do all other future artists who want to be A list.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-20 20:11:16

At 11/20/09 02:46 PM, Knocturne wrote: I was trying to find the last swf I exported before my computer crashed and I lost everything, this is the one before that one.

Some parts are animated better then the rest of it but it looks like it's going to be awesome!!
Hope you finish it one day........... Knocturne's movie!

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 15:02:38

At 11/20/09 08:11 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 11/20/09 02:46 PM, Knocturne wrote: I was trying to find the last swf I exported before my computer crashed and I lost everything, this is the one before that one.
Some parts are animated better then the rest of it but it looks like it's going to be awesome!!
Hope you finish it one day........... Knocturne's movie!

I found the last export I have, here. I am going through the process of storyboarding it all over again, to be more dynamic, fluid and visually interesting.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 15:14:28

At 11/20/09 06:14 PM, kr8to wrote: Do it more often then once i week too. i do many studies everyday as do all other future artists who want to be A list.

Err, the observational drawings I havebeen doing take hours to complete, I start with blocking usually with gesture and then I to get the proportions right and everything, it takes forever, especially when it's at the park, where the people are moving around.

I would prefer to finish one really good observational drawing than forty ten minute sketches.

I have been studying anatomy, it's part of the observations, I'm thinking about how things fit together, how much a muscle contracts and how a pupil reacts to change in light. I can also do without the well-to-do attitude. I know you're trying to help me improve but you're acting like I'm a child with a crayon, and you way isn't the only way.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 18:01:28

At 11/21/09 03:14 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 11/20/09 06:14 PM, kr8to wrote: Do it more often then once i week too. i do many studies everyday as do all other future artists who want to be A list.
Err, the observational drawings I havebeen doing take hours to complete, I start with blocking usually with gesture and then I to get the proportions right and everything, it takes forever, especially when it's at the park, where the people are moving around.

I would prefer to finish one really good observational drawing than forty ten minute sketches.

I have been studying anatomy, it's part of the observations, I'm thinking about how things fit together, how much a muscle contracts and how a pupil reacts to change in light. I can also do without the well-to-do attitude. I know you're trying to help me improve but you're acting like I'm a child with a crayon, and you way isn't the only way.

hope your joking about the pupil part. anyway go get an anatomy book, i can link you too some good ones, and i wouldn't suggest going to the park. Go to a populated Starbucks or something where people dont move as much and draw their faces, arms, pose in the chair, etc. Learn structure and proportions before trying to learn muscles. Plus if your just looking at kids in the park your not learning where the muscles are, your just seeing the superficial ones like the biceps and calves etc. You need to find a balance between speed and quality, you would learn allot more from 10 quality sketches then one really good super long sketch. Im not treating you like a child with a crayon im treating you like a child with a pencil who wants to improve. i spend about 40 hours on a good week doing studies and reffed drawings, sure there are other ways, but dont think your the first person to ever pick up a pencil, there are tried and tested ways which succeed and fail. Its not like your marching onto unknown ground.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 18:56:47

Well, I'm following the instructions in the book I bought, it works for me

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 20:29:59

At 11/21/09 06:56 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, I'm following the instructions in the book I bought, it works for me

and what book is that? is it just somenobody who made an art book? there are plenty of those out there. And following just one book is a stupid idea. But if you dont want to take my advice have fun hitting a cement wall when the time comes.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 21:50:05

Alright, if that's what you think

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-21 22:50:29

At 11/21/09 03:02 PM, Knocturne wrote: I found the last export I have, here. I am going through the process of storyboarding it all over again, to be more dynamic, fluid and visually interesting.

Your animating reminds me of Jeinu's a bit. You should check out his demo it's REALLY good > Jeinu's Demo Reel. I reckon you could learn alot from his work. This version is better, you can see the things more clearly, you should try to use less brush stokes though :D

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 13:58:08

At 11/21/09 10:50 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 11/21/09 03:02 PM, Knocturne wrote: I found the last export I have, here. I am going through the process of storyboarding it all over again, to be more dynamic, fluid and visually interesting.
Your animating reminds me of Jeinu's a bit. You should check out his demo it's REALLY good > Jeinu's Demo Reel. I reckon you could learn alot from his work. This version is better, you can see the things more clearly, you should try to use less brush stokes though :D

Wow, comparing me at all to him is a huge compliment. Yeah, I was gonna clean everything up after I finished the basics, but now, when I start it over I'm gonna try and have a even higher standard of everything.

Watching his reel really inspired me! I'm gonna practice drawing and animating a lot harder now, thanks!

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 14:35:06

what exactly do you want to be when your older?

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 16:14:42

I have a lot of dreams, right now I'm sorting out which one to concentrate on.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 16:40:33

At 11/22/09 04:14 PM, Knocturne wrote: I have a lot of dreams, right now I'm sorting out which one to concentrate on.

clarify please instead of dodging the question. Do your dreams include art? If so what do you want to be?

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 16:45:09

Why do you ask? How about that first. I don't want to get pulled into some discussion or fiery rhetoric.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 16:58:13

At 11/22/09 04:45 PM, Knocturne wrote: Why do you ask? How about that first. I don't want to get pulled into some discussion or fiery rhetoric.

He asks, because he thinks you dont practice enough. If you intend to become something art-related that thought would be justifiable. Thats why he asks.
The problem with making money from art is that you have to be very good to make that happen, and more so than in most other occupations, your pay depends directly on your skill

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:08:11

Well, I'm majoring in film and plan on working as a director, writer and editor.

I'm still in school and I work at a print shop as a graphic designer so I don't have much time to practice.

I don't have much time to practice. I don't have much time to practice.

However, next semester I'm going to take less courses so I can take some art courses, in particular, life drawing among other things.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:09:13

At 11/22/09 04:58 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 11/22/09 04:45 PM, Knocturne wrote: Why do you ask? How about that first. I don't want to get pulled into some discussion or fiery rhetoric.
He asks, because he thinks you dont practice enough. If you intend to become something art-related that thought would be justifiable. Thats why he asks.
The problem with making money from art is that you have to be very good to make that happen, and more so than in most other occupations, your pay depends directly on your skill

thank you. Jq-b. your very right. Don't confine yourself into one book and draw some kids running around the playground. Your only hurting yourself, if you crawl out of this bunker that it sounds like you have build and started working harder i would be more then willing to share resources with you, whether it be books, artwork, tutorials, etc. Dont compare yourself to the artwork on newgrounds, this isnt the epitome of artwork, not even close. Instead look at artists who worked on the concepts of famous movies like starwars, 300, etc. or people who did the artwork for video games. Or even successful illustrators who do their own thing and who appear to know allot about many subjects. Not just some lucky fella who found a rich fan.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:13:54

At 11/22/09 05:09 PM, kr8to wrote: thank you. Jq-b. your very right.

Youre welcome

...Instead look at artists who worked on the concepts of famous movies like 300.

The concepts for 300, sure you could, just a bit of a weird way to say that isnt it?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:14:57

At 11/22/09 05:08 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, I'm majoring in film and plan on working as a director, writer and editor.

I'm still in school and I work at a print shop as a graphic designer so I don't have much time to practice.

I don't have much time to practice. I don't have much time to practice.

However, next semester I'm going to take less courses so I can take some art courses, in particular, life drawing among other things.

hmm sounds like its too late for you unless you do some real turnaround. Well if you want to be a director or something thats fine, hope you have connections though. Also where are you attending college?

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:19:23

At 11/22/09 05:09 PM, kr8to wrote: thank you. Jq-b. your very right. Don't confine yourself into one book and draw some kids running around the playground. Your only hurting yourself,

I'm not just confining myself to one book, or one method, I don't know why you are presuming what that. I'm looking in more than just one direction.

if you crawl out of this bunker that it sounds like you have build and started working harder i would be more then willing to share resources with you, whether it be books, artwork, tutorials, etc.

I also don't like that you are assuming I'm not working hard. It's really just insulting. You can go ahead and list and link away.

Dont compare yourself to the artwork on newgrounds, this isnt the epitome of artwork, not even close. Instead look at artists who worked on the concepts of famous movies like starwars, 300, etc. or people who did the artwork for video games. Or even successful illustrators who do their own thing and who appear to know allot about many subjects. Not just some lucky fella who found a rich fan.

I really disagree with this. Every artist is admirable. I can admire his animation technique because he is pretty skilled, I can go to an artist here and find their work beautiful and comparable to famous works. Expression and emotion is the epitome of art, and if I find that here then I'll indulge myself by staring in awe. These are my peers, we are in the same school, why aren't these people worth the time of day?

I also admire successful and skillful artist, some of my favourites are Alex Ross, Range Murata, and Jhonen Vasquez.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:21:46

At 11/22/09 05:14 PM, kr8to wrote::

hmm sounds like its too late for you unless you do some real turnaround. Well if you want to be a director or something thats fine, hope you have connections though. Also where are you attending college?

It's never too late, I don't even know what I'm too late for either.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:36:51

what a horrid pile of shit

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:39:22

At 11/22/09 05:36 PM, OctopusPriem wrote: what a horrid pile of shit

Hopefully someday my drawings will be awesome though haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:40:39

At 11/22/09 05:39 PM, Knocturne wrote:

You should see his thread XD

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:51:08

At 11/22/09 05:40 PM, GrumpyTom wrote:
At 11/22/09 05:39 PM, Knocturne wrote:
You should see his thread XD

yeah, you might learn something

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 17:55:33

At 11/22/09 05:51 PM, OctopusPriem wrote:

Yep, you learn not to scan in your used toilet paper.

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 18:02:05

At 11/22/09 05:55 PM, GrumpyTom wrote:
At 11/22/09 05:51 PM, OctopusPriem wrote:
Yep, you learn not to scan in your used toilet paper.

are you some kinda dumbfuck or something

i use the highest grade software from microsoft i dont even have a scanner

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 18:04:40

At 11/22/09 06:02 PM, OctopusPriem wrote:
i use the highest grade software from microsoft i dont even have a scanner

*Facepalm*
I know...

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-22 19:04:29

Making a trinity of drawing somewhat inspired by the Super-Toy short story series by Brian Aldiss. This one is the second "All Summer Long" one.

I'm doing two "When Winter Comes" drawings and two "In Other Seasons.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature