A N64 styled Collect-a-thon 3d Platformer!4.20 / 5.00 13,034 Views
Swap between the worlds and help two little friends to reach the same goal!4.11 / 5.00 10,761 Views
God did it in 6 days. How much time will you need?4.02 / 5.00 48,752 Views
Ok... To summarize: The site ran poorly for the past few days because our fileserver lost a HD and was struggling with what it had left in the RAID array. That HD has now been replaced, rebuilt, and is running strong.
Prior to setting up the new fileserver, NG had a big problem with NFS resets - where the webservers re-mount their drives several times per minute. Currently, 80% of the servers only have an NFS reset every 90 seconds or so (which isn't too bad), while the other 20% are having a whole bunch of resets every minute (which is bad). This means that if the site runs poorly for you, it is most likely because you are hitting those servers. They are actually more recent servers, so the only problem we can think of now is that the new kernels need to be replaced with old kernels. More news on that later.
For now, get back to reading the ALIEN HOMINID INTERVIEW at Gamezone! There are new pics there... Hopefully the better quality pics will be up soon!
This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.
Well, good luck solving the problem.
And I hope we'll be seeing less chicken.
Well I didn't understand much about the server part...but I for Alien Hominid, I can't wait for it to come out...you've really put alot of effort in to this and good luck!
YAY cnt wait for the game to hit the shelvz down here in Australia..
O and wen is alienhominid.com gonna be up and running
So there's a 20% chance of hitting the bad server. I think. Congrats on the AH progress. On a side note, who is your daddy, and what does he do?
At 2/13/04 02:16 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Prior to setting up the new fileserver, NG had a big problem with NFS resets - where the webservers re-mount their drives several times per minute.....
please translate for us lay persons? i got the part about 20% chance of hitting a bad server, but the rest.... yyyyyeahhhh. oh, and of course, tell us about daddy.
once again, from the grips of certian death, you seem to pull this site out of the ashes and let it shine. Bravo Mr. Administrator
Alright, glad to see the site up and running again, things seem good.
Would it be possible if we could hear a sample of the Alien Hominid music? I'm interested in this oomph you mentioned in the interview.
Burn burn yes your gonna burn burn burn yes your gonna burn
At 2/13/04 07:46 AM, Tool_Of_The_System wrote: Your announcements are kind of flooding the forums.
Sorry our efforts to update our viewers is an inconvenience to you. If you'd like I can remove your NG account so you won't have to be troubled with this anymore.
At 2/13/04 10:54 AM, JmBd wrote: I prefer they'd remove your account. :)
What's with all the lame "You got served" crap? Just because some gay Hollywood movie comes up with a new saying it's automatically COOL and you all have to use it? :) LAME.
Well, I hope that the other site servers get up and running better soon. I don't think that I am connected with one of those, as the site seems to run pretty good for me. I can't wait to see this Alien Hominid Game out on some VideoGame Systems, that is going to be killer.