00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Khrestor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad

25,555 Views | 195 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 15:07:51

At 8/2/09 01:37 PM, fishboy121 wrote:
At 8/2/09 12:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 8/1/09 03:45 PM, Dasneviano wrote: Gave it a try. A parody of the famous Lennon Avendon's poster, with 70 styled letters...
Comments, sugestions?
I think that's awesome, VERY 1970's.
I don't know how you did that so fast! I'm still trying to come up with an idea and researching the decade. =P
I'm with you on that one Kraig

Thanks a lot guys! :D
I'm usually slow with projects, but as soon as I read the description I had the idea. After that it didn't take that long! :)

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 15:13:11

At 8/1/09 11:04 PM, AriaSuperior wrote: Ok, so I was bored and made this. I suck at all this stuff, so I kept it simple. Way too simple if you ask me, but whatever.

BEAT THIS!!

I like it and think it suits deadspread's cover perfectly!
The only thing that bothers me slightly is the end of the phrase, the "out" is lost, no constrast against the background. Of course everyone can still understand and it's just a minor thing! :)
Good job!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:28:34

Haha, I really suck at all of this '30s style, so I'll just do a preety, colorful ad. WIP

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:35:42

At 8/2/09 06:28 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Haha, I really suck at all of this '30s style, so I'll just do a preety, colorful ad. WIP

Sorry Zyphonee,its got to be black and white.

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:39:54

The comic itself is set in the 1970's, so feel free to make something that would fit that time period, although it's not critical.

:3

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:40:11

I actually had a brilliant idea of Pico as a gangster complete with fedora and tommy-gun, but then I realized that the mafia was the 40s and 50s.

Unless you count the fact that The Godfather was released in 72

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:43:00

Needs to be B&W...You can use grayscale, but no color...

Oh fuck, just saw this. Meh, I'll do something that fits the rules and then finish the other one for fun.

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 18:45:39

I didn't see anything on the first post that said it has to be done in black and white. Could be wrong, even if I read it one and a half times. Guess you could still turn it into gray scale, but then everything would mix into a blob of solid gray.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 19:21:28

changing the Style and layer settings helps too, but I'm gonna go for something more stylish, I like painting in grayscale.

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 19:59:16

Hey some free ideas for people...

There were plenty of ads for toys and stuff that promised way more then they could possibly deliver. Such as X-Ray Glasses, SeaMonkeys and stuff like this and this.

There were often ads in comics from the 80's (and i would guess at least late 70's too) for the "Olympic Sales Club" which was basically a pyramid scheme for kids. Kids would be sent stationary stuff which they would sell to people and then be able to get cash or prizes based on the amount they sold.
Here's a comic based ad of theirs...most of their ads though were just a page full of items you could win and how many items sold they were worth.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 20:02:35

lol, just noticed it says 1954 at the bottom of that ad....so those ran from like the 50's to the 80's.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 20:23:48

This is a great idea too. I hadn't even thought about those ads, but I loved em. Any style is fair game by the way, it doesn't have to be in the 70's. It can be any time period or idea that comes to you, as long as it's about Newgrounds:)

At 8/2/09 07:59 PM, PiGPEN wrote: Hey some free ideas for people...

There were plenty of ads for toys and stuff that promised way more then they could possibly deliver. Such as X-Ray Glasses, SeaMonkeys and stuff like this and this.

There were often ads in comics from the 80's (and i would guess at least late 70's too) for the "Olympic Sales Club" which was basically a pyramid scheme for kids. Kids would be sent stationary stuff which they would sell to people and then be able to get cash or prizes based on the amount they sold.
Here's a comic based ad of theirs...most of their ads though were just a page full of items you could win and how many items sold they were worth.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-02 21:33:19

At 8/2/09 03:13 PM, Dasneviano wrote:
I like it and think it suits deadspread's cover perfectly!
The only thing that bothers me slightly is the end of the phrase, the "out" is lost, no constrast against the background. Of course everyone can still understand and it's just a minor thing! :)
Good job!

OMG thanks.

If I could be anything, in the world that flew

I would be a flying vagina.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 16:01:36

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 16:35:18

Hell yeah! Looks like the competition is heating up!

At 8/3/09 04:01 PM, Catoblepas wrote: Is this anything you were looking for Deadly Spread?

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 16:49:02

Have a pretty basic idea for what I might do, hopefully I won't be lazy and get it done :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 17:23:08

I have another idea, and I'm throwing this out there since I'm a little too busy to participate
Darnell as Hendrix

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 17:53:43

What would 7X11 inches be in pixels?

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 17:57:18

At 8/3/09 05:53 PM, TheThinWhale wrote: What would 7X11 inches be in pixels?

@ 300 dpi 7in x 11in would be 2100px x 3300px

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 18:02:34

Well I was kinda thinking somthing like this but I might scrap this idea and start over

WIP

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-03 18:04:49

Damnit forgot pic

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 07:35:44

At 7/31/09 10:08 PM, deadspread83 wrote: RULES:
3.) Only Newgrounds properties. ie: Pico, The tank Logo etc. As awesome as Salad Fingers or Mastermind or any of the other user created characters are, they aren't Newgrounds property, they are owned by the nice people who thought them up, so it would be awefully douchey to use them without permission.

Mind supplying a list of characters that are newgrounds property? cant find one myself...
Ive got a nice Idea, but I kinda need to have some more ng characters for it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 09:02:22

At 8/4/09 07:35 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 7/31/09 10:08 PM, deadspread83 wrote: RULES:
3.) Only Newgrounds properties. ie: Pico, The tank Logo etc. As awesome as Salad Fingers or Mastermind or any of the other user created characters are, they aren't Newgrounds property, they are owned by the nice people who thought them up, so it would be awefully douchey to use them without permission.
Mind supplying a list of characters that are newgrounds property? cant find one myself...
Ive got a nice Idea, but I kinda need to have some more ng characters for it.

Hmm... I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that would be the Pico gang (Pico, Nene, Darnell, Uberkids etc), Tankmen, Dad & Me, the bots (P-Bot, A-Bot, I-Bot, F-Bot, G-Bot) Samurai Asshole, Angry Faic and Wadolf(? Lol). I would imagine you would be able to use Behemoth properties; Alien Homind characters and Castle Crashers characters. Sack Smash guy possibly...? (just throwing that out there =P).

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 10:20:35

kay, thanks, that should be enough

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 12:21:41

Awsome, i think i can make a 70s like ad. Ill try it out.

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 12:45:02

Heres my final but If you want anything changed let me know

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 12:56:38

Heres my entry. It was hard to think of a 70s style tankmen. I would make something with a tank, but i suck at making the newgrounds logo.

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 13:04:42

At 8/4/09 12:45 PM, TheThinWhale wrote: Heres my final but If you want anything changed let me know

Can you actually draw the characters instead of copy pasting them?

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 15:08:18

I found some old '70...things...on an equaly old pillowcase. Here are some of them:
Try it, you'll like it.
Right on what?
It's a gas.
Make love, not war. (my personal fave)

I would think people could make them NG themed, like,"Make flash, not spam" Idunno, just thoght i'd put it out there.

Response to [contest] Newgrounds Comic Ad 2009-08-04 15:42:58

At 8/4/09 03:08 PM, roseboy wrote: Make love, not war. (my personal fave)

I would think people could make them NG themed, like,"Make flash, not spam" Idunno, just thoght i'd put it out there.

Drop acid, not bombs.