00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Another "DJ" stealing music...

3,442 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-06 17:33:32

At 8/6/09 12:01 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Can this become an official newgrounds against theft thread?

i mean there have been lots of myspace "djs" that blatantly steal music from the talented artists that belong to the newgrounds community. i believe if we all keep it in one thread and unite together to expose these "DJs" as they come along we might be able to put a nice size dent in the theft problem.

Of course everyone would have to supply proof of theft and not be immature about it.
Sort of like a coalition or club in the audio community here.
The more people we have belonging to it the more power we have when we confront these "DJs"/ "Musicians" and the sites they are uploading to.

So Rucklo ill ask you pretty much since you rule mostly over this domain.
Should we start a new thread dedicated to exposing and relieving the problem of theft or should we keep it in this one or is it a dumb idea.

As many of you know i have a SERIOUS distaste for musical thievery so i figured getting organized would be a great idea..

If need ill take sole responsibility for organizing and maintaining this coalition if it is at all needed.

That sounds like a great idea. Only problem is that finding the stolen music on MySpace is easier said than done. There's plenty of people that steal within the millions of music profiles, and out of that I'm sure a few hundred thousand are responsible for stolen audio. Anyone up for a wild goose chase? Because I know I am :D

TdM / Cannibal Brigade / The Silent Minority / NUG Ventrilo Mod

Cyrez Tha War Spawn

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-06 18:04:39

At 8/6/09 12:01 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Should we start a new thread dedicated to exposing and relieving the problem of theft or should we keep it in this one or is it a dumb idea.

i don't see a problem with making a new thread once it happens - it's not like these type of threads appear every single day, so yeah... having an "official" thread for this would probably just be a bad idea, especially since in most of these cases, it's NOT NG-related in any other way than the fact that an NG-artist may be the victim.

So, when this do happen, and is discovered, I think it's OK to make a thread and make people aware. BUT NOTE THAT NO PLANNING OF MALICIOUS ATTACKS OF ANY KIND ON OTHER SITES/FORUMS/WHATEVER IS TOLERABLE IN THIS FORUM! For you who know your BBS-rules, you know thatone is in there.

Wakka wakka

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-07 02:44:06

LMAO... A picture of the thief? Myspace is funny like that. Stupid nub. the picture of the "producer"

Another

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2009-08-07 04:20:58

Check the amount of stolen clicks/listens the guy has.

On another note, every track he has is stolen. but myspace wont do shit about it. So go ahead and do whatever you please^^

"This is the song I have on my MySpace profile. It was called "A Walk in Paradise." Exact song. Still awesome, I love it!" That must have been a slap in the face... For those who don't know, that is one of the reviews BOUNC3 got on "paradise on E Remake" Personally.. I'm glad my music is kinda sucky! xD If I ever found out some one had stolen my music and claimed it as their's... I would do everything I could to see that person ruined. (I'm not advocating violence... I would sue their ass off!)

Also, if you search for DJ Hopar, it does seem like he may have made a profit (or atleast gained a ton of attention) from "Paradise on E Remake"

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is laid out in the TOS of pretty much every site on the web. This is the NG version:
"if you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):

1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." - NG TOS

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2010-01-11 19:27:34

Bro, that guy looks like a legit artist. Look at him and his guido "Event Department/Marketing" crew. They're pretty badass. I'm pretty sure all of you stole his music. Oh btw he has 1 million dollars in his portfolio. http://www.updown.com/member/krazyhopar/
feeds

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2010-01-11 19:29:13

djs

you're a fucking thief of music

Another

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to Another "DJ" stealing music... 2010-01-11 19:30:07

http://www.facebook.com/SoonToBeRich hey look here's his facebook