00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get bomed on slicethepic.com too!

2,994 Views | 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:13:09

At 7/24/09 03:08 PM, xtiko wrote: Most of the people making money are actually talented,

Of course, no one on newgrounds is.. .

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:19:26

At 7/24/09 03:08 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: "Reviewed on 24 Jul 2009 by a 1-star scout
Score: 1/10

It starts with interesting beats.but the mix of instruments is not good and looks annoying and the vocal is poor and the music looks very irritating.a lot to improve.real bands sound nothing like this.please listen to bomjovi or somethin."

I want to kick the shit out of the person who reviewed with that.

Seriously - they need to kindly GTFO.

Who the fuck describes a piece of music with the word "looks?" Do people not know the difference between audible and visual?

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:21:10

One review I had was:

"This sounds like Nathan what's his face, please don't put your music on here."

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:35:05

At 7/24/09 03:21 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: One review I had was:

hahaha, infamous eh Nathan?

Yeah, screw that site to 40 layers of hell. They used to pay a lot, two times they reduced payments. In hopes of reducing bots I imagine. Their voting scheme is even more messed then NG's, and that's saying a LOT.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:35:55

LOL. It was probably one of those clowns from the epic forum.

They have such highly-regarded intelligence.

oh wait.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 15:36:41

That's a bad Nathan! How dare you post your own music up on the interwebz!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 17:55:01

At 7/24/09 03:35 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
Yeah, screw that site to 40 layers of hell. They used to pay a lot, two times they reduced payments. In hopes of reducing bots I imagine. Their voting scheme is even more messed then NG's, and that's saying a LOT.

I just wish you could reply to reviews. So that their idiocy can be pointed out and immortalized forever.

But yeah, took down my shit already. I understand what that site is for, for sure...it was a neat experiment.

We should have collab contest on the catchiest mainstreamiest song we can get, for the lols and see what it gets there. haha. Any volunteers to head that one up? hardy fucking har.

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 18:20:01

Don't forget to use these 4 chords.

Can't be a mainstream hit without them!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 20:29:15

At 7/24/09 05:55 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: We should have collab contest on the catchiest mainstreamiest song we can get, for the lols and see what it gets there. haha. Any volunteers to head that one up? hardy fucking har.

I'm down. I think I could definitely write a mainstream song if I could find a vocalist, so I can own those bitches.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-24 21:39:16

Most of the reviews I get are something like "It has no real market value because of the genre"

Bullshit.

But still, slicethepie offers far more (and most of the time better) reviews than NG.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-25 01:00:13

This one is classic. I got this for one of my songs...

are you trying to creeep the hell out of people with this fucked up song? because mission accomplished if that was your goal. its just creepy and unpleasent to listen to. i feel like its going to cause me to be possessed by the devil or something.im done with this song

Who do these people think they are?

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-25 01:52:59

The people that review like that are the types of people you see in a failblog picture. It's sad, really - to know there are actually people who will write something like that or bring their kid to a party with a stripper or etc., etc.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-25 02:43:06

Reviewed on 23 Jul 2009 by a scout

Score: 4/10
This is a very common intro in a hip hop beat. I've heard this so many times already. It was played so loudly here and it went monotonously with very vague twist that did not really enhance the monotonous fast beat.

It was Techno.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-25 09:24:39

Another funny thing: My Band profile says I compose music for the Soundtrack genre. Yet ppl keep telling me that my songs sound like they should be used in a film (hint: SOUNDTRACK) and therefor giving me bad reviews. Oh it's such a twisted site...

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-25 10:36:51

I deleted my account after 1 day of that crap. That site can be boomed and nuked, and it wouldnt make me sad one bit.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-26 01:20:26

it's kind of a music lottery of sorts. A bunch of artists submit stuff and some of them might get a sponsorship to release an album, based on user confidence.

Oh My God! I've Got To Check This Out, (Wont Make It) :/

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-26 01:32:50

For a Noisebleed Techno Track I posted
3/10
Synthesized music, that had me running for the aspirin. Frenetic techno pop that may find an audience in the disco. With no vocals, it seems rather like an assault on the ears. Possibly good music for an aerobics class. A shorter, quieter version may be an improvement.

and I wrote when i heard emo acoustic music
1/10
Sounds good, If you like to hear the bombs being dropped on Dresden in 1943.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-26 22:35:57

lol i posted my mariah carey remix and it got a 7.5 average, and a classification of "very good" according to the SoundOut reports. and the weirdest part of it was that even though it was a remix of a very popular song to the point that most people commented that "hey, this sounds like mariah carey!," a solid 80% of the reviewers couldn't pinpoint that it WAS mariah carey. but, the point is that really do matter there. but i took down the track since carey's vocals are copyrighted. oh well, the glory lasted for a few minutes.

i guess im not gonna be back there any time soon until i can grab a good microphone then haha

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-26 22:37:03

but, the point is that

VOCALS

really do matter there.

yup. sorry for posting twice.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-26 23:18:40

If anyone needs vocals for a cheesy pop song I'm down. I think we should conquer that site with a slicethepie contest/collaboration. Pop a la Frank Zappa.

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-28 19:32:27

I am having soo much fun tormenting these scouts with harsh noise.

my last track was nothing but one frequceny throughout the entire thing. 10000hz for 6 minutes.

so far nothing but 0s. Its about time!

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-28 19:40:27

there appears to be something wrong with this uploadi only have 2 minutes of silence.i have replayed it to be sure, but nothing is coming throughi imagine it's an STP problem rather than your band (my son informs me there is a high pitched noise going on, but im too old to hear it lol) but i can't hear any melody

My tune, or tone, was soo bad that people thought their STP players werent working.

I lol'd when he said his son had to inform him of the whiney pitch.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-28 19:49:17

At 7/26/09 11:18 PM, tingtonger wrote: If anyone needs vocals for a cheesy pop song I'm down. I think we should conquer that site with a slicethepie contest/collaboration. Pop a la Frank Zappa.

best idea i've heard in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-28 19:56:47

I plan to make another mock RnB Rap track for that site too. all about how slicethepie is nothing but total fail.

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-29 04:46:57

At 7/28/09 07:40 PM, architecture wrote: there appears to be something wrong with this uploadi only have 2 minutes of silence.i have replayed it to be sure, but nothing is coming throughi imagine it's an STP problem rather than your band (my son informs me there is a high pitched noise going on, but im too old to hear it lol) but i can't hear any melody

my good sir, that's jolly good fun. I start making crap right away now, too!

Response to Get bomed on slicethepic.com too! 2009-07-29 06:00:58

I posted 3 tracks last week and got some results today. After an estimated 50 reviews for each track, I have an average 3.88/10 score. My best track got a 4.65 and my worst got a 3.23.

While some of the reviews were pretty generic and awfully repetitive, a handful were actually sincere with scores like 7/10, 8/10 and the like. So, not much of an ego-booster but it also won't make you want to give up your hobby.