00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zurocky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thinking about getting a synth,

1,089 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 00:04:58

My Mc - 808 is great an all, but it is starting to feel too limited for me,

Im thinking about buying somthing new, and after reading up on some reviews, i have come to the conclusion that i want a Sonic Cell or a V synth XT

I dont know an exact price for ether of those, but i know the XT is going to require me getting a loan, but if i go with the sonic cell, i may feel like it is nothing my 808 cant do.. i dont know what to do, any one reccomend one or the other baised off first hand experence?

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 00:27:33

The Sonic cell is pretty useless...as for the V Synth, definitely not for me, but if you're prepared to lay down the cash for it, then go for it, it's all encompassing ;)

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 00:29:31

I wouldn't go with either one.

Here's basically the only 3 synths I would EVER recommend (The best ones out there)

MicroKorg XL - Good for beginners, not too expensive, Phatest bass I've ever fuckin heard - 500$

Prophet - Good for everyone, this is the synth I've got. Not to hard, you're gonna have to spend some cash but its WELLLL worth it - 2000$ I believe.

A6 Andromeda - THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST, Only get this bad mother fucker if you are experienced with synths. If you aren't then this bitch is going to anally rape you all night long. The manual is bigger than my Physics book. - 2600$

But honestly, those synths are low grade, save up for one of these 3 I promise you wont regret it.

wat

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 01:30:35

At 6/11/09 12:29 AM, Blizzaine wrote: I wouldn't go with either one.

Here's basically the only 3 synths I would EVER recommend (The best ones out there)

Really? What about the other DSI synths, the Hartman Neuron, Virus TI/Snow, plus a whole bunch of synths from Waldorf, Nord, and yes, even Roland and Yamaha.

Also, I certainly wouldn't call the V-Synth low-end ;)

However, the Microkorg XL would certainly be a very good choice.

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 04:10:37

V-Synth Low end... don't make me laugh! Nice to read that you are a Groovebox user ;) so a Korg would be a very wise choice. A V-Synth is really cool BUT it would be more intresting if you are really into playing keyboard/synth. If you want to create an electribe would be way more an upgrade cause you will get new soundfonts. at least 30 or 40% of the standard sounds in your groovebox are in the V aswell so if you REALLY want an upgrade, so not only with hardware but also with sounds, make sure NOT to buy a device of the same brand.

;) good luck.

Retro never get old!

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 22:13:19

At 6/11/09 04:10 AM, Carf wrote:

brand.

;) good luck.

Im now intrested in the electribe, but are they discontinued? it is very hard to find any info in it..

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Thinking about getting a synth, 2009-06-11 22:19:15

At 6/11/09 10:13 PM, mariomusicmaker1 wrote:
At 6/11/09 04:10 AM, Carf wrote:
brand.

;) good luck.
Im now intrested in the electribe, but are they discontinued? it is very hard to find any info in it..

Along the lines of the electribes, maybe a Roland SH-32 would suit your needs?

They're discontinued, but you can pick them up for a couple of hundred on ebay. Would go quite well with your MC-808 as well.