00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

plz read!

1,006 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

plz read! 2009-05-28 20:30:09

does anyone know where i can get a music creation program like reason or fl but not as complicated?
i have vista so it needs to work on that if it helpz (probs makes it slighter change)

Hell Yeah!! Boom Boom (In Yo Pants)

BBS Signature

Response to plz read! 2009-05-28 20:32:58

Response to plz read! 2009-05-28 20:45:05

I know I shouldn't be helping you, but...

for just drums, Hydrogen is an amazing starting point. It's not the best sounding, and there's no other instruments, but it'll get you used to working in a sequencer which will help when you eventually switch over to FL or Reason.

Really though, if you want to make quality music, you're going to have to learn to use more complicated software, and FL is pretty damn easy to learn.

Response to plz read! 2009-05-28 21:24:20

I like to use reaper with my real instuments.

Response to plz read! 2009-05-28 21:29:12

At 5/28/09 08:45 PM, Fuiste wrote: Really though, if you want to make quality music, you're going to have to learn to use more complicated software, and FL is pretty damn easy to learn.

Agreed. Although Fruity Loops may seem complicated at first, you'll catch on quick. Just tinker around with it, experiment with this and that, and watch some tutorials.

You can find a good number of tutorials on YouTube. I recommend you watch a couple of them to see what FL is capable of. You can also find tutorials on a specific genre, like techno and DnB.

At 5/28/09 09:13 PM, POGOBUBBA wrote: If you are only willing to use something simpler than fl, chances are your music will be sucky. if you really want to make music use fl, otherwise screw off.

Heh, screw off. Not the kind of thing you want to tell people. As most people will tell you OP, they'll recommend you to using FL Studio. In my opinion, it's a great program to use, although there are a lot more to choose from!

I suggest you follow that link that Gorgorothx provided, as well as reading this.

Response to plz read! 2009-05-29 00:00:53

At the risk of sounding like a total douche-nozzle, I will just say, that if you are having troubles with FL I suggest you rethink your need to experiment in music production.

That said, I do encourage you to stick with the program. Learning is a never ending process. You can't expect instant gratification. Search Youtube for tutorials. Look in this forum for help. Find a wise old hermit willing to teach you the ways of the force.

Response to plz read! 2009-05-29 00:22:54

Just wanted to add, if you find FL Studio too complicated, try sticking with Reason. While I don't know much at all about Reason, maybe these guys here can help you.

Response to plz read! 2009-05-29 01:14:02

If you want something simple, easy and relatively cheap you can get Cakewalk *shrug*
I use logic.. but my housemate, who is a composition major has happily used cakewalk for years

Mue = music engineering... its not a typo.. it was just a dumb thing to do

Response to plz read! 2009-05-30 18:19:21

At 5/28/09 08:30 PM, emolink99 wrote: does anyone know where i can get a music creation program like reason or fl but not as complicated?
i have vista so it needs to work on that if it helpz (probs makes it slighter change)

Not as complicated as FL studio????? Uhhh FL isn't all that hard buddy. Any more simple and it'd make the songs for you LOL.

Wyldfyre1