Ok, so listening to every single entry this is what I found:
1. A lot of entries don't even TIME with the vocals.
2. A lot of entries don't even follow the right KEY with the vocals.
3. A lot of entries consist entirely of the vocals and the elements of the song. Which is almost like a remix in an actual studio sense, but not a DJ sense.
4. My guess is anyone that has a "sick beat" gets more votes regardless how well done it is. Anyone with a slow intro (aka mine) probably will get voted down.
5. Some of these tracks are under produced for my taste, but that's me.
I'm not complaining about my score, but 5 stars and 187 votes on #4. Can I get confirmation in this forum that #4 is awesome and is the best one on the whole list?
Also, two people I know on here that entered:
Para: I like your entries. They were true remixes in my eyes. Different rhythms and styles, and commercial in a way (DnB not so much) nice job.
Blackattack: I applaud your ability, as most people here probably expected me to do an orchestral bit. But one of the major factors in this contest is commerciality. And a full orchestral mix isn't going to be much commercial compared to other styles.
Who else did I miss?
I'd appreciate any comments on my entry as well. I thought I did well for a first dance track.