00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

toxic dump of unfinished work

10,425 Views | 92 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:03:54

Whether youre a frusterated programmer or an artist, you probably have stuff you've abandoned and probably didnt share and never will share. You never know where you might get your inspiration tho and sometimes its from someone elses scrapped projects or even your own. SO why not dump it in here!

The ruels are that you have to show a screenshot of it, or ill delete the post. Also you should give a one or two sentence synopsis. Heres an example.

====================

This unfinished animation dates all the way back in 2005. The animation is kind of shit and I had a phase where i loved mixing drinks and i was bored and made this. I heard the track and it felt very 'mixy' and i like mint martini's so ya. I think my favorite part of it is the little fing dance he does before the Creme de Minte appears.

Polar Martini

None

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:09:15

not sure what the thought process was on this one but yea pretty obvious what it is. I made it in 2006.

TITS

None

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:13:42

This is a great idea. Wait, ima upload a few of mine in a minute.

In case you haven't noticed yet, this isn't my main anymore. PM me here.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:16:24

Nice tits, are they yours??

Suck it.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:18:00

999 bpm

It was supposed to be this game where you jumped over barriers and dodged barriers. It was synced to a simple beat+synth that progressively worked it's way from 60 BPM to 999 BPM, so the relatively well-drawn objects flying at you became faster and harder to dodge.

The project had to be dropped because of one simple thing, Actionscipt. There were certain features that needed Actionscipt 1.0, like the sexy motion blur effects, but a method of actually syncing the pillars correctly couldn't be done in AS1 (to the best of my knowledge) and rather AS3. I wanted to keep both features so desperately that I just ditched the entire project because ti couldn't be done. Unless I found out how to do motion blur AS3, this project will never see the light of day.

The pillars were synced as well as I could and game over screens/preloader, all that were never made or at least made to work.

Maybe I should finish this.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:23:13

Betaman (intro)

This was supposed to be an animated intro for some comic that I was making. None of it was very inspired, and the project fell apart whilst I was working on it. I was pretty bored, and the comic never really made sense. I did make some concept art, and about 100 pages of unfinished comics with no ending, but this was the only crappy animation I ever planned to make for the series.

Also, Betaman was never introduced in the flash. It was supposed to be in the next chamber when that happened, but it never did.

Also, Polybius reference.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:25:21

At 5/16/09 02:18 PM, Ironosaur wrote: 999 bpm

It was supposed to be this game where you jumped over barriers and dodged barriers. It was synced to a simple beat+synth that progressively worked it's way from 60 BPM to 999 BPM, so the relatively well-drawn objects flying at you became faster and harder to dodge.

The project had to be dropped because of one simple thing, Actionscipt. There were certain features that needed Actionscipt 1.0, like the sexy motion blur effects, but a method of actually syncing the pillars correctly couldn't be done in AS1 (to the best of my knowledge) and rather AS3. I wanted to keep both features so desperately that I just ditched the entire project because ti couldn't be done. Unless I found out how to do motion blur AS3, this project will never see the light of day.

The pillars were synced as well as I could and game over screens/preloader, all that were never made or at least made to work.

Maybe I should finish this.

Nice, I hink you should finish this.

Forge about the blurs, just finish this, then in 999 bpm 2 you can be learning how do do blur in as3 in the meantime.

One thing I don't like is the lack of colour, it's not too attractive.

But otherwise, great!

you should also add extra features like boosts and time limits, top scores.

Good luck.

Suck it.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:31:51

At 5/16/09 02:03 PM, Luis wrote: Polar Martini

I'm surprised you didnt put any tequila in there, being a mexican and all

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:33:31

Stick sniper game.

I basically started this when I just got flash, to get used to the program and see what I could do (at the time). Never finished it mainly because it sucked.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:37:20

Nice, I hink you should finish this.

Yes. I should.

One thing I don't like is the lack of colour, it's not too attractive.

It was aimed to have color when the beta testing was finished,

you should also add extra features like boosts and time limits, top scores.

One powerup that was supposed to be set in motion was a cannon to destory pillars It would come from the direction your ship was facing. Something that I had AS2 code for, but I'm not sure would work with AS1.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Also, my last contribution to this thread for now. I'm like the king of unfinished flash.

Mojitos Alcoholic Gum
All the animation that was ever done for it was this story board.

There were other contributions.
My friend Cy came up with the idea and was writing the script for it, and that was finished. It's not exactly what was on the animated storyboard, but it was vaguely similar.

My Voice-Acting friend, Sam Haft, accomplished a few lines, but other proposed voice actors were too busy to return the emials we sent, and the project was canceled by Cy.

All that was left was the storyboard.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:46:24

At 5/16/09 02:37 PM, Ironosaur wrote: Mojitos Alcoholic Gum
All the animation that was ever done for it was this story board.

Interesting storyboarding, what inspires you to color the parts you did color? Or is it just random.

btw mojitos come from puerto rico, not mexico ^o^

None

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:48:41

At 5/16/09 02:35 PM, WhoknowsmeaUdiO wrote: No pic. :(

Well, I was showing multiple things at once, but I'll throw in a picture of one of them and post it over, just in case Luis deletes that last one (which he probably will now that I'm doing this).

Bunnykill Blaze Story

Menu works fine, but the actual movie never got made. This was an attempt to make my own Bunnykill animation, since I think the series Mottis created is pretty good, but I had a tough time just getting it started.

Pokemon Battlefield 2

Again, another menu that worked fine, but I just never got around to making the actual movie. Still, I lost interest in doing this as interest in BF2 dropped dead. Not to mention the art in this one sucks compared to what I can do now. This is seriously quite old.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blitz Rescue Team

Just a preloader and a movie that literally drops dead. Tried to do my own voiceover... and I see that I probably should just stick to voiceovers for Solid Snake. That sounded nothing like what would come out of a Pikachu. That, and it was done with a crappy mike. Again, this is also very old.

(Yes, I used to have NeoPikachu for my NG name. Changed that though).

I have quite a lot of other junk that's sitting on my hard drive, but these I can at least show. I have no idea why so much of my stuff dies right after killing time making menus and preloaders.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 14:52:45

this is mostly a storyboard for a valentines day thing that i never did finish back in 2006. I may finally finish it one of these years, its one of the few pieces i have where i actually have the whole thing planned out in my mind.

Its loosely based on a true story also about this girl that used to be obsessed over me. She was kind of psycho and bjork's singing style lends perfectly to what a nutjob that girl was.

the crush

None

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 15:01:59

At 5/16/09 02:52 PM, Luis wrote: this is mostly a storyboard for a valentines day thing that i never did finish back in 2006. I may finally finish it one of these years, its one of the few pieces i have where i actually have the whole thing planned out in my mind.

Its loosely based on a true story also about this girl that used to be obsessed over me. She was kind of psycho and bjork's singing style lends perfectly to what a nutjob that girl was.

the crush

Yeah, that would make a good Flash. The locker background looks great, did a nice job with that.

Can't help but say, seeing sketches and stick figures against a nicely done background is almost hilarious. If anything, it does help explain a bit how you go about making your movies, which would help for anyone that has trouble getting started and needs an example on a professional level.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 15:23:10

Back when I was learning how to use variables, I made this, hoping to turn it into a whole game. It's basically pokemon, except you play as people who are racist and stuff. the graphics are terrible, and I could've coded it better, but I decided to leave it alone.

RacistMon

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 15:29:40

At 5/16/09 03:23 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: RacistMon

Hehe... made me giggle.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 17:50:59

Well thanks to you luis I found this old, just terrible movie. I'm not even sure what I was thinking when I did this, it's like a year and a half old.

I had a terrible sense of humor back then.

Hey yo

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 17:52:59

At 5/16/09 05:50 PM, Alpharius120 wrote: Well thanks to you luis I found this old, just terrible movie. I'm not even sure what I was thinking when I did this, it's like a year and a half old.
I had a terrible sense of humor back then.

Dammit pic didn't upload. Here it is.

Hey yo

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 17:54:22

At 5/16/09 05:50 PM, Alpharius120 wrote: Well thanks to you luis I found this old, just terrible movie. I'm not even sure what I was thinking when I did this, I was like a year and a half old.

Well... it could make a nice movie/series, a zombie parody!

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 18:18:03

Oh man. I have sooo many unfinished/in the works things.

I'll post them later once I can find/host all of them. I do little bits at a time, my mind is always thinking of new things, so I just keep building things up XD
-Matt

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 19:29:10

This is a game I made a long time ago. I was still testing out movement.

Play as Rig and move around with the arrow keys and press space to talk to people. Click on the arrow to go through text. I guess the point is to get into the Freemasons? This game is full of randomness. There are plenty of secret too.

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 19:44:37

This was supposed to be a star wars fan game. I'm having it where you play all episodes of the star wars trilogy.

I just want it to be a shooter/rpg type game.
It's still in the works, but I think I can pull it off. Would be x50000 times better if I had someone to help me along this.

It's going to have the genuine star wars sound effects.
Also, this is going to follow the star wars storyline.
Staw Wawz
Note, that it is just menus. The menu is not completely done, just wanted to show it's progress.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 19:57:08

Your post was deleted if it didnt have a screenshot with its link. sorry

================================

This was a collaborative project back in 2005 between me TommyLM and weaksauce. Its really a great song and woulda been a funnnn movie. oh well.

PlanetSmashers

None

BBS Signature

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 20:04:31

Oh god, I really don't know why the hell I never finished this Pico day shit. I don't even know why I am posting this...

http://zyphonee.deviantart.com/art/Pico-
is-yours-sneak-peek-111682245

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 20:08:04

Luis, I apologize

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 20:10:46

why the fuck did I just make the same mistake two times in a row!!!!!

Image here, forgot it before...

Twice

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 20:14:42

At 5/16/09 08:10 PM, Zyphonee wrote: why the fuck did I just make the same mistake two times in a row!!!!!

For a plus 1 post count.

But good work btw.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 20:18:40

Here's my random sprites I was thinking about doing then never did. But I really like how they look, so I may have to pick them up. Just completely redo the animation.

The one on the left is Jesus the one on the right is a Jew. I felt naughty when I made that.

Hey yo

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 23:02:00

At 5/16/09 02:18 PM, Ironosaur wrote: 999 bpm

I really liked this. However the noise got annoying at a minute in, where the whole beat getting faster novelty wore off and i just wanted to close the window; the transition was just a bit too fast for me. I liked the obstacles however and the game (when i hit mute :p) was quite fun.

Anyway,
It has been 2 or 3 years since my last flash, so I decided to make another. Partly cause I was bored and partly cause I was sick of my friends going Nudge(my game) was so shit. (even though i know it is) So i began making this little thing, the idea was you would collect the square thingos in a certain order whilst dodging obstacles that were flying at you. The obstacles would get harder and faster to dodge as you got higher and with each level the height you could hit the ball got higher.

I stopped because i gave it to a friend to test-play, he said it was really hard to finish the second level. It was then i realised it was ridiculously hard to control in precision which is what you would need to do to be able to dodge obstacles, I doubt i'll pick it up again. Anyways
you can see it here

The top right corner tells you which square to hit, you hit the ball with the plunger-hitter type thingo and the ball will move left or right depending on its position relative to the mouse. You can also numb the hit by holding space.

Response to toxic dump of unfinished work 2009-05-16 23:37:05

At 5/16/09 11:02 PM, MattPrior wrote: The top right corner tells you which square to hit, you hit the ball with the plunger-hitter type thingo and the ball will move left or right depending on its position relative to the mouse. You can also numb the hit by holding space.

Dude, that game was great, challenge would be what's fun! Also, it's easy to get past the second level.

sig'd