00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

takoluka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My best art so far!

1,045 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My best art so far! 2009-04-20 14:03:38

This is my artwork. I've spent about 5 hours to make it, the three last hours to make it nicer and more
detailed.

If you've thougth my picture's looks like epic fail, well, think again!

My best art so far!

Discussioner of Pink Raccons, Dumb Politics, Usual Trolling/Stupidness and such.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 14:04:38

Very impressive use of ONLY THE LINE TOOL. Try using the pen for once. It might do you some good. Or maybe the curve tool. That one is useful.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 14:05:33

His left hand is...backwards

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 14:18:43

At 4/20/09 02:05 PM, AmanPyroman wrote: His left hand is...backwards

Or maybe he has two right hands.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 14:48:24

At 4/20/09 02:18 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

actually, look closer, it's the right direction, just poorly drawn and not shaded, so it looks like it's backwards when it's actually just it a super awkward position

some people get them, some people don't;

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 15:15:58

At 4/20/09 02:48 PM, Apple-Juice wrote: actually, look closer, it's the right direction, just poorly drawn and not shaded, so it looks like it's backwards when it's actually just it a super awkward position

Err, I see his fingers curling inwards, from the outside. The silver parts are the tips of his fingers, thus making it a right hand, or somehow its a left hand that curls outwards.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 15:21:55

If you've thougth my picture's looks like epic fail, well, think again!

Five hours and this is what you produced? Wow, I must say, yes epic fail.
and also, Honestly dude what is up with his "Left" hand does he have claws or is he just suffering some serious case of busted-hand-itis.

next time you pend five hours on a piece of art, draw a much better piece, color it with better colors, use the pen tool, and just simply put out more effort

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:18:19

At 4/20/09 02:48 PM, Apple-Juice wrote:
At 4/20/09 02:18 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
actually, look closer, it's the right direction, just poorly drawn and not shaded, so it looks like it's backwards when it's actually just it a super awkward position

Nope, it is backwards and at an awkward postition, if it were a left hand and turned around like that his thumb would be behind his fingers.

Also; his legs, man, HIS LEGS!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:24:43

At 4/20/09 06:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 4/20/09 02:48 PM, Apple-Juice wrote: actually, look closer, it's the right direction, just poorly drawn and not shaded, so it looks like it's backwards when it's actually just it a super awkward position
Nope, it is backwards and at an awkward postition, if it were a left hand and turned around like that his thumb would be behind his fingers.

No backwards, just poorly drawn, to prove a point, i added one line and it's now forward. yay!

Also; his legs, man, HIS LEGS!

Oh my, the legs....

My best art so far!

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:25:56

5 hours! Hate to be blunt but thats horribly long D:

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:27:47

At 4/20/09 06:25 PM, kr8to wrote: 5 hours! Hate to be blunt but thats horribly long D:

to be fair, the guy's 13 years old.
my brother plays with flash sometimes and he's 12, this guy kicks his ass.

keep practicing.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:28:36

While we could all go on for hours about his hands, legs, terrible shading, and bland colourscheme, I think the biggest problem is the attempt at perspective. It's all over the place, this simply can not happen. I really can't believe this took you 5 hours.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:35:03

At 4/20/09 06:24 PM, Apple-Juice wrote:
At 4/20/09 06:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Also; his legs, man, HIS LEGS!
Oh my, the legs....

oh gods the legs.

is that a bulge in the crotch area? disturbing.

also to that one guy in the middle of the thread who im too lazy to check who it is, age is not a factor. unless you're like a toddler.

but after you hit age ten age is not a factor.

or age eleven.

actually when does age not matter cuz we gotta draw the line at some point.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 18:54:16

to be fair, the guy's 13 years old.
my brother plays with flash sometimes and he's 12, this guy kicks his ass.

keep practicing.

too bad age doesn't have anything to do with your art skills

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:01:57

At 4/20/09 06:54 PM, Fleshlight wrote: too bad age doesn't have anything to do with your art skills

True. Still, you can't ask a 13 year old kid to own a tablet or Photoshop, besides, there's a lot of people who have been drawing for more than 13 years and improve way slower, but do a lot of practice. Maybe 13 years from now, he'll be one of the best artsists here, we don't know. I am also 13 and I personally think, and it's not like I'm bragging, I can do better, still, I've been using Flash and etc for more that two hours every day since I'm 11. It comes down to the fact that I don't have much talent, still, I've practiced a lot. I think that drawing is a brilliant start if you ask me.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:05:54

At 4/20/09 07:01 PM, Zyphonee wrote: True. Still, you can't ask a 13 year old kid to own a tablet or Photoshop,

I agree but its not like they cant use a pencil and paper.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:06:52

At 4/20/09 06:24 PM, Apple-Juice wrote: No backwards, just poorly drawn, to prove a point, i added one line and it's now forward. yay!

To prove what point? And it's still backwards.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:07:17

actually when does age not matter cuz we gotta draw the line at some point.

in the Renaissance, academies enlisted kids as young as 4 or 5 years old to start their training in the arts. After they finished the basics (squares, circles etc) They moved to harder things like still life and eventually the live model. By their teens, they probably began doing commissions.

True. Still, you can't ask a 13 year old kid to own a tablet or Photoshop

I know what you're saying, especially when pen and paper is extremely expensive nowadays

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:11:22

At 4/20/09 07:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: To prove what point? And it's still backwards.

Oh wait, I guess those silver things AREN'T fingers, as they clearly look to be, but I guess they're just spikes protruding from the back of his hand.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 19:14:35

age doesn't matter its the amount of practice they do.

once again 5 hours....what a waste o.o

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 20:06:59

Marveling at the time he spent on it isn't smart - then saying it was a waste is just idiotic. Any time spent drawing is time your brain spends learning, and the longer you work on something, the more you learn from it.

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-20 20:17:34

At 4/20/09 08:06 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Marveling at the time he spent on it isn't smart - then saying it was a waste is just idiotic. Any time spent drawing is time your brain spends learning, and the longer you work on something, the more you learn from it.

Logical point, but every minuet learning something is a hour needed spent to unlearn if if ever need be.
And with as much that is wrong with this drawing this kid needs to scrap his skills and go back to the basics.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 02:30:55

Eh, i lied, it took only 2 hours to make this, really.
But i'll put more work on my next artwork next time.
And eh, i promise to make my next artwork better,
but it's hard to draw with the pen tool with the mouse on MS Paint,
so i'm more comfortable with the line tool,
and i'll try to use the colors better,
so, SVOJAAAAAT!!!(Which means: SVOJAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!)

plz comment, i can take critic :)

Discussioner of Pink Raccons, Dumb Politics, Usual Trolling/Stupidness and such.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 02:35:27

At 4/20/09 07:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/20/09 07:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: To prove what point? And it's still backwards.
Oh wait, I guess those silver things AREN'T fingers, as they clearly look to be, but I guess they're just spikes protruding from the back of his hand.

eh i had to scale the picture on GIMP, so in the orginal version this looks more nicer ;)
and those "fingers" are shurikens (XD omg poor eyes)

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 02:40:20

No, it's not my best ,
and yes, i am impressing at the pen when i'm design retro games :)
I'm going to start a new art forum, and eh, this time i'll show my retro skills ;)

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 02:41:44

but eh, can you guys take critic like this?!

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 03:20:54

At 4/21/09 02:30 AM, BrokenIdeasCompany wrote: but it's hard to draw with the pen tool with the mouse on MS Paint,
so i'm more comfortable with the line tool,

A lot of people draw freehand with their mouses. Take a look around the art forum, a lot of artists use the mouse.

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-21 04:50:23

At 4/21/09 02:41 AM, BrokenIdeasCompany wrote: but eh, can you guys take critic like this?!

hell yes, I wish that sometimes I could get this much attention to my works here on NG, I could use the extra evaluation.
Dude, at AIPX all my art is shredded by industry veterans. So don't wine about a harsh crit like this. only one out about 50 of my initial ideas even get a remote nice word.

BBS Signature

Response to My best art so far! 2009-04-24 06:09:46

At 4/21/09 04:50 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:: hell yes, I wish that sometimes I could get this much attention to my works here on NG, I could use the extra evaluation.

Dude, at AIPX all my art is shredded by industry veterans. So don't wine about a harsh crit like this. only one out about 50 of my initial ideas even get a remote nice word.

I obey you, The One Who Didn't GET Attention,
Cuz i really like your art! XD

BBS Signature