00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SebG9 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!!

5,261 Views | 57 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there
I'm happy to announce that my album is finally out, after almost 4 months of waiting.
I started this project having in mind way too many things, many styles and combinations of instruments. Some might call it jazz, some might call it ethnic or nu-jazz ...
The general style of the album is jazz fusion with rock, blues, ethnic, electronic and "soundtrackish" ellements.
You can order it on Sysound but soon you will find it also on NG store.
Tracks:
1- Wake Up feat. Silvia Sorohan-voc
2- The Journey feat.Bogáti-Bokor Ákos-guit, synth guit
3- Miles Away
4- Wasteland of Time
feat.Bogáti-Bokor Ákos-guit
5- Love for Eternity feat.Bad Man Inc.-voc and Bogáti-Bokor Ákos-guit
6- Nostalgia in Times Circle feat.Makkai István-alto sax
7- Smoke Ballerina feat.Makkai István-alto sax
8-Old-timer feat Citrina-voc
9-Wanna Go Home
10- Etnographia
11-Thracian Dance
feat.Petre Radu Scafaru-tenor sax, Felix Mircea Moldovan-drums and Anghel Marc-kaval
12-Lighthouse Lullaby

Personnel (in alphabetical order):
Anghel Mark - Kaval (on "Thracian Dance")
Bogáti-Bokor Ákos - guitar and synth guitar (on "The Journey", "Wasteland of Time" and "Love for Eternity")
Citrina - voice (on "Old-timer" and "Love for Eternity")
Denes Jozsef - guitar (on "Nostalgia in Time Circle" and "Smoke Ballerina")
Felix Mircea Moldovan - drums (on "Thracian Dance")
Makkai István - alto saxophone (on "Wake Up", "Nostalgia in Time Circle" and "Smoke Ballerina")
Bad Man Inc. - voice (on "Love for Eternity")
Silvia Sorohan (01 Jan. 1982 - 05 Dec. 2005) - voice (on "Wake Up"), her presence on the album is a tribute to her life dedicated to Art, Love and God. Miss you little nightingale. More of her music HERE
Petre Radu Scafaru - tenor saxophone (on "Thracian Dance")

Big thanks to:
Citrina - for the very beautiful cover, for helping with voice and inspiration and generally speaking, for saving my life.
Mihai Pop - for helping with studio, finding drums and investing in the production of this album.
Small Room Recording Studio - for free recordings
Paul - for free recordings at "Godmode Studio" and idea generator ;)
Theodosii Spassov - for opening my eyes to ethnic music

Also, when something happens, everything moves and happen...
I'm also proud to announce that at Musea Records got out another release where I'm collaborating, Volume Three - The Great Silence (Musea Compilation).
The track "Suite Pauline", a 20 minutes progressive rock epic by the band Yesterdays.
More info about HERE

The delay was because the economy crisis, the CD multiplying factory got bankrupted and on other factories we had to put later on schedule (were some Christmas carols and some other...)

Recorded at Sysound Studio, Small Room Recording Studio and Godmode Studio.

Produced and released on Sysound.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 11:01:59

Great man, congrats on completing it. Ive still got 40 credits on the NG store so Ill look for it when its up :D

Also, cool Dali-esque cover!

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 11:10:27

sweet! Would you get more money if I ordered from the NG Store or the other place? I just want to make sure the most money ends up in your hands ;D! Either way, looking forward to getting a copy in my grubby hands.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 17:44:44

I love the album art.
I can't wait to hear the whole album! Thank you, for letting me be a part of it! It is an honor to work with a musician of your caliber.
We should do something really fun, now. Do you rap?

BBS Signature

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 17:47:58

Nice work dude!
The album art looks amazing!
Good work BMI for contributing with him.
Good work!

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 18:07:22

Hey, thanx guys.
The disks were ready just today, well, more like yesterday night.
I would made a better advertising but for now I'm caught in NOA opera festival where I am trumpet player, performer, actor and later I'll be sound engineer...
I came half an hour ago from the show...

Anyway, when I'll get the CD's I'll send those to NG store.
I don't know how is better for you to buy those, postage taxes could take more that the price of the CD itself (19 RON is aprox. 6 Euros).

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 21:13:51

At 4/2/09 05:44 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: I love the album art.
At 4/2/09 05:47 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: The album art looks amazing!

I'm glad you like the artwork, wanna see more ? HERE, Citrina's website.
Also I am a big fan of Surrealism.
The title is a direct link to "Persistence of the Memory", so, the colors, the surreal feel, the ants and all the "daliesque" themes are there with an artistic reason.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 21:17:06

Awesome I love the flaming giraffe and the aliene with the electrical plug umbical cord. Its really impressive.

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 21:27:33

I'll have to wait until I get a job because sadly, I'm all out of cash :(

quarl BandCamp

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-02 22:39:30

I'm totally sold and know exactly what I need to do. ORDER THIS CD!!!!!!

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 04:55:23

At 4/2/09 05:44 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: We should do something really fun, now. Do you rap?

We are doing something really fun. We are audio moderators, listening to crap everyday and approve people who submit "Linkin Park" is fun... or... ?
Anyway, I don't really rap usually, but for you I can try ;)

At 4/2/09 09:27 PM, Quarl wrote: I'll have to wait until I get a job because sadly, I'm all out of cash :(

Well, I still have all my tracks from NG for free :p

At 4/2/09 09:17 PM, curriemaster wrote: Awesome I love the flaming giraffe and the aliene with the electrical plug umbical cord. Its really impressive.

There is even more stuff on the album, there is a flying watch, sand guitar and ....
I'm curious myself how look those printed. The album sells for now in Romania and I'm in Lithuania (remember, marriage & stuff).
Soon I hope I'll get the package and see for myself (and send a few to NG store).

At 4/2/09 10:39 PM, Nosferatu-of-Worms wrote: I'm totally sold and know exactly what I need to do. ORDER THIS CD!!!!!!

Thanx, I hope you can order... well, I don't know if they sell outside Romania for now, that's why I try to get it into NG store, but maybe... maybe...

Thanx guys for support.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 06:40:04

Congrats on the albulm man!

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 07:44:35

Thanx man.
I just want to add more informations.
"Anachronic" album wouldn't be out without a big help from Bogáti-Bokor Ákos who recorded absolutely awesome solos and gave extra pairs of ears on mixing. We are not at the first collaboration, we were making a musical at Targu-Mures National Theater and he called me once asking to record a trumpet solo on the track "Suite Pauline" that he was recording with his band Yesterdays for a compilation of Musea Records inspired by Sergio Corbucci's "The Great Silence", one of the best and most unusual spaghetti-westerns ever made.
The compilation "THE SPAGHETTI EPIC" Volume Three - The Great Silence is already out, you can buy it AT MUSEA RECORDS ONLINE SHOP.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 19:54:38

show off bumping

Here's a list of albums or live recordings I appear on:

2003 - Balkan Winds - live at Deutche Welle (trumpet)
2004 - Nightlosers - Rhythm & Bulz (trumpet)
2006 - One- demo (trumpet)
2006 - Glidq - live at Delta RFI (trumpet)
2007 - Shukar Collective - Rromatek (trumpet)
2008 - Kaska - Liber si nesilit de nimeni (trumpet)
2008 - Teodora Iacob - Efecte speciale (trumpet)
2009 - Mihai Soohan - Anachronic (composer, arranger, keyboards, guitar, trumpet)
2009 - Musea Records Compilation "The Spaghetti Epic" 3 (trumpet)

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 19:56:40

At 4/3/09 07:54 PM, sorohanro wrote: 2009 - Mihai Soohan - Anachronic (composer, arranger, keyboards, guitar, trumpet)

Soohan?

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-03 19:56:49

advertisements thread

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 06:06:58

Nah, Advertisements thread is for advertising NG tracks.
Forum regulars and people who are "old" on NG can make a thread about a big event, like getting signed to a record label and releasing an album.
Ask Rucklo or other forum moderators.

When people see that musicians from Newgrounds got signed to record labels, they will take more seriously the artwork here and they will take more serious what they submit.
This can improve the quality of music submitted here and can improve the perception on the site.

At 4/3/09 07:56 PM, Steven-Polley wrote:
At 4/3/09 07:54 PM, sorohanro wrote: 2009 - Mihai Soohan - Anachronic (composer, arranger, keyboards, guitar, trumpet)
Soohan?

ARRRGH, f@%!n tipping in the darkness... ARRRRGH again...

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 07:08:46

Awesomeness man, I'm gonna get a copy on my future next NG-store order for sure!!!

At 4/4/09 06:06 AM, sorohanro wrote: Nah, Advertisements thread is for advertising NG tracks.
Forum regulars and people who are "old" on NG can make a thread about a big event, like getting signed to a record label and releasing an album.

Of course we do exceptions for well known audio-regulars, this is even going to the NG-store, so yeah!

Wakka wakka

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 09:51:02

Nice job, soro! I always considered you one of the most skilled artists on this site, and I love your music!

Good luck on your album ventures, and good luck in general!

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 11:00:27

At 4/4/09 07:08 AM, Rucklo wrote: Awesomeness man, I'm gonna get a copy on my future next NG-store order for sure!!!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your support.
I would had answered earlier but I was at a rehearsal, today I'll have a rock concert and all week I was in the opera festival... I'll take the weekend (well, that means only tomorrow) to rest.

Of course we do exceptions for well known audio-regulars, this is even going to the NG-store, so yeah!

Thanx for backing me up here, a word from an official figure is more powerful;)

At 4/4/09 09:51 AM, blackattackbitch wrote: Nice job, soro! I always considered you one of the most skilled artists on this site, and I love your music!

Thank you, I'm quite flattered to be considered a skilled artist.
There are more things to come ;)

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 12:09:34

At 4/2/09 05:44 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: We should do something really fun, now. Do you rap?

Is a death metal song with rap lyrics in the works?

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-04 17:47:15

Will be, but not on the album :))
he he... maybe n the next one...
We will make an Epic-Rap-Jazz-Ethno-Death-Drum'n'Bass-Pr og Rock-Waltz-Opera-Polka.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-05 03:00:29

Definitely looking forward to this. =D

And to the people saying ad thread plox.. stfu nubs

I think that happens every time somebody posts an album. Who the fuck would look on the audio adv. thread for AP artist albums? It's retarded to even suggest as such.

/rant.. I'm a tad bit tired.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-05 03:37:52

Thanx Echoz, you know, there will always be haters if you do something that deserve appreciation.
Now my music is out of reach to 0-bombers so they spam this thread :)) and :)) again...

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-08 08:51:56

First review by critics is quite nice, too bad it's in Romanian and not English... eh well, here's a link

Rockritic about Mihai Sorohan - Anachronic

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-08 09:56:52

Awesome man , where can I buy it ? :)

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-08 10:05:55

For now only from HERE but soon will be on NG store also.
I'm still waiting for the CD's to send to Tom. Already is arranged with the record label, so... two weeks I guess and will be in NG store.
Also, If you go to Romania, you can buy it from Humanitas Book Stores all around country...

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-04-15 16:52:31

Several new news ;)

- I got a mail from the record label confirming shipment of a pack of CD's sent yesterday, half will go on NG store.
- I updated my site, putting a new "Downloads" page. There you can download some music and also buy loops that I'm selling from TrakAx site.

TrakAxPC is a free multimedia creation tool. It also offers TrakPacks - royalty-free loops, beats and full length tracks.

- last but not least, I have a new blinky add for my album :D

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-05-02 04:32:16

Shipment with CD's finally arrived, soon I'll send those to NG store, so...
Also the track "Love for Eternity" featuring Bad Man Inc will get on Lithuanian radio stations Monday.

Response to Sorohan Mihai New Album Out Now !!! 2009-05-10 18:40:30

Track "Love For Etenity" from my album, featuring Bad Man Inc on voice, Bogáti-Bokor Ákos on guitar and Citrina on backing vocal, is on Lithuanian A2 radio station.