00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MC4HJW just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog

4,323 Views | 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-03 13:21:23

At 4/3/09 10:57 AM, simon wrote: I either want Sonic to die or to make a Sonic Adventure 3, they can't pull it off in 3D like Mario can.

We already have a Sonic Adventure 3. We don't call it as such, though.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-03 13:43:15

Don't forget about music without the emoish lyrics.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-03 14:20:21

At 3/31/09 08:20 PM, White-Ferret wrote: well, look how popular the New Super Mario was. please, SEGA, Bring out the New Sonic the Hedgehog.

Pretty sure they already did that.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-03 14:51:09

At 4/3/09 01:21 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:
At 4/3/09 10:57 AM, simon wrote: I either want Sonic to die or to make a Sonic Adventure 3, they can't pull it off in 3D like Mario can.
We already have a Sonic Adventure 3. We don't call it as such, though.

That game was appauling, and the achievements are near to impossible.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-04 00:07:43

At 3/31/09 08:49 AM, theicecubeclock wrote: i want sonic unleashed without the werehog, or at the very least, sonic adventure

it could have breathed life back into the series..

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-04 02:22:33

Ill tell you want we want!

We want sonicteam to redo the first 4 sonic games
Sonic 1,2,3 and sonic & knux
make it just like unleashed but pushed more to the 2d side!
THEN bring the fuckin CHAO BACK! dont no why they took them out in the first place..
also they need to hire new writers becuz this hole sonic in different countries shit got old right after sonic adventure 2 am i right???

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-04 03:48:14

Basicly, yeah.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-04 19:48:54

You know what would be really cool?

If people would stop bitching about how the new games suck and play the old games that everybody loves so much!

I LIKE FOOD

<insert cock joke here>

<insert I fuck picture here>

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-04 20:14:48

At 4/4/09 07:48 PM, TheBananaboy wrote: You know what would be really cool?

If people would stop bitching about how the new games suck and play the old games that everybody loves so much!

That would be cool, but we like change, we want Sonic to evolve into bigger and better things, we want him to come back as the cool, edgy, marsupial that did what Nintendon't. We are basically mad at SEGA and Sonic Team for how they have been treating Sonic and his fans, which is why we bitch about it so much, we want him back the way he was, not as this gun and sword weilding, trash talking, jackass that's into a human being and basically makes us want to rip our ears out of our head with his corny catchphrases and all that.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-08 22:28:40

I want this thread to live so I'll help it a bit. I would like so see a sort of mix between both the jazzy type music from Sonic Unleashed and the rock songs from Crush 40. And if they are going to make a new Sonic 3D game then I would love to see the Speed Stages from Sonic 06. Sure those stages were absolutly horrible in every single way imaginable but it was a terrific idea, they just need to have tighter control over Sonic, the camera fixed in 1 spot with nothing coming from behind like in the tornado part, and you should be able to steer in the air, also you should be allowed to slowdown a bit, just in case you want to be careful and once you learn how the stage is set you can blze through it as fast as possible. Another addition could be something similar to Sonic Heroes and Sonic Advance 3 with the whole team up thing, they can be your support and help you do special moves like in Sonic Advance 3 and be able to switch with them like in Sonic Heroes. But you should only be allowed to control 2 people not 3, otherwise it gets confusing. Co_op would be nice as well, similar to Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3 but with split screen, this may be asking for too much but also have online co-op and racing like in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (I'm not sure if the original had the multiplayer feature I never owned a Dreamcast). But most of all, I just want Sonic to be treated the way he deserves, not as some corprate hooker SEGA and Sonic Team can just throw into a corner on the street and expect fans to fuck him. (sorry for that nasty metaphor/analogy) That's what I WANT I don't need all that stuff to have fun playing a Sonic game, as long as it's not glitchy (Sonic 06) and has variety every now and then throught the game (Shadow the Hedgehog) then I'll be happy.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-08 22:31:41

I wouldn't mind if they did a remake of the 1st Sonic with the current generations power.

Or another SAB wouldn't hurt

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 11:21:36

That would be nice, but a SFII style HD remix of Sonic 2 wouldn't go amiss either.

And by "wouldn't go amiss" I mean "why the fuck don't we have this NOW Sega".

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 12:14:32

I just want one of his old-school games, like on the Genesis. Or one similar to Sonic Adventure Battle 2. That one wasn't too bad.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 12:16:38

I just want Sonic to die already, I also want Mario to die.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 12:59:05

At 4/11/09 12:16 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: I just want Sonic to die already, I also want Mario to die.

No, Mario is awesome, and SOnic has te potential to be awesome, I just hope Nintendo buys Sonic from Sega somehow. Then you will see good sonic games pop up.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 13:01:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDrVRqmr LY&feature=channel_page here is what has to be done with the sonic franchise ..

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 13:04:56

At 4/11/09 01:01 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDrVRqmr LY&feature=channel_page here is what has to be done with the sonic franchise ..

He has some good points but it's not exactly what should happen.

A crowd genocide is obviously needed tough.

Keep:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy (rework her character tough)
Dr. Ivo Motherfucking Robotnik
Metal Sonic

Then make big worlds without "rails" and shit like that, just give Sonic the option to run really fucking fast sometimes (add a gauge that could be recharged by rings or some shit) and also give him bullet time.

Add big badass bosses.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 13:53:12

At 4/11/09 12:59 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Then you will see good sonic games pop up.

Super Paper Sonic?
Super Sonic Galaxy?
Super Sonic RPG?

My god, it'll be every fanboy's wet dream...

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 14:08:14

At 4/11/09 01:53 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: Super Paper Sonic?
Super Sonic Galaxy?
Super Sonic RPG?

My god, it'll be every fanboy's wet dream...

Hurr let's replace "mario" with "sonic" that'll make an argument DURRHURRRRR

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 18:25:12

At 4/11/09 06:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:

Oh shit gaize it's Blaze.

While i'm not disagreeing, the fact is that the only reason you're saying that is those are the only characters in the Genesis games.

Amy came in Sonic CD. Also no, it's just that there were neough characters in the Genesis games and that the other one are GREATLY superfluous.

Don't even argue that it isn't true,

yes I will because it's not because you are convinced that something is true that it isnt.

it's too much of a coincidence. The only reason they "changed" Robotnik to Eggman was because they wanted to do less work on translation, since Eggman was his Japanese name.

True, but they should still call him robotnik here most of the time. it sounds so much more badass. DOCTOR IVO ROBOTNIK. Than just HURRR IM DOCTOR EGGMAN.

If you'll look at Wing Fortress Zone in Sonic 2 it will clearly say on the side "Dr. Eggman Enterprises".

yes I know etc.

Not having a new character once in a while would make things dull.

It's not a reason to puke uninteresting characters each sequels.

Mario takes new characters and people like them, why can't Sonic? Give a valid argument and don't joke around like you usually do.

Because Mario characters are more tought out than Sonic ones. Wario is a motherfucking disgusting and greedy, yet badass motherfucker. Silver is just another mary-sue with psychic powers...

Amy was in Sonic CD, very shortly released after Sonic 2. Her character was redesigned in Sonic Adventure, keeping the exact same personality as the older character, just with a better model.

Yes buther personality should still be reworked to something less cliché.

Sonic going back to how he looked....first of all it would be way inconsistent with how they've gone thus far,

Yes, a total reboot is needed here, or Sonic will still be a fucking pile of shit.

and second it would look too cartoony. He's short, fat, and poorly designed, while the new one is taller, more slick, with more detailed shoes.

The old one liiks like an annoying little prick, wich is what Sonic was, also who is sonic exactly ? I think he should be an anti hero. he should be chaotic good. Like: "Awww I don,t want to go save the world. -But sonic, if Robotnik takes over green green island it means no more chili dogs. -Oh well fuck."

He IS too tall, and his legs ARE too long, and the spikes are too much like Phoenix Wright hair, but other than that it would suck to have the old design back.

This is clearly just personnal tastes, I prefer the older design myself. I think he shouls still be slightly less tall with less big spikes tough.

"Robotnik" made the name more "cool and edgy" like you describe, not "badass".

No, Robotnik is a fucking badass name. Eggman is just lame.

Again, the only reason you say that (Don't fucking deny) is because that was how he was named in Genesis days.

No, Robotnik just sounds fucking better. Eggman is lame. Eggman sounds, "oh well I'm a failure."
Robotnik, maybe because it got so much "R" and "K" sounds: I AM DOKTOR IVO ROBOTNIK AND I WILL FUCKING RAM MY DICK IN YOUR ASS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT MUAHAHAHAHA" If you see what I mean.

Another thing is Shadow: Compare him to Magus from Chrono Trigger and they have almost the EXACT same personality and a similar background. Now tell me, why is Magus the best character in the game yet Shadow is "too kewl and edgy because SONIC ADVENTURE 2 WASN'T MADE IN 16-BIT"?

Well I didn't play Chrono Trigger so I cannot answer that. Yet Shadow is just the: Vegeta, Sasuke archetype. Exept Vegeta was still a little bit cool.

You know the: Hurr I am fullof anger and I hate the hero but I will help him anyway because I have to grrr, don't talk to me I don't like when people talk to me I am a loner grrr.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 18:27:27

back to basics, baby

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 19:12:40

Do NOT feed trolls.

I repeat do NOT feed the trolls.

I was kind this time around, but next time will somebody please ignore somebody if they're obviously trolling or at least PM A FUCKING MODERATOR? I won't be as nice next time around and if you feed the trolls and only encourage them to keep it up, you will find yourself banned.

I just wasted 10 minutes cleaning this thread up and a few others from supermariobross's childish rants, and I saw the same people who really ought to have known better actively engage him over and over again!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 19:21:12

At 4/11/09 07:12 PM, Malachy wrote: Do NOT feed trolls.

I repeat do NOT feed the trolls.

I was kind this time around, but next time will somebody please ignore somebody if they're obviously trolling or at least PM A FUCKING MODERATOR? I won't be as nice next time around and if you feed the trolls and only encourage them to keep it up, you will find yourself banned.

I just wasted 10 minutes cleaning this thread up and a few others from supermariobross's childish rants, and I saw the same people who really ought to have known better actively engage him over and over again!

I ignored Supermariobros was a "troll" and my intentions were only to argue with him. Sorry if it was troll feeding. It was not my intention. Rock on bro.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-11 20:07:17

At 4/11/09 06:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 4/11/09 01:04 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Keep:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy (rework her character tough)
Dr. Ivo Motherfucking Robotnik
Metal Sonic
While i'm not disagreeing, the fact is that the only reason you're saying that is those are the only characters in the Genesis games. Don't even argue that it isn't true, it's too much of a coincidence. The only reason they "changed" Robotnik to Eggman was because they wanted to do less work on translation, since Eggman was his Japanese name. If you'll look at Wing Fortress Zone in Sonic 2 it will clearly say on the side "Dr. Eggman Enterprises". Not having a new character once in a while would make things dull. Mario takes new characters and people like them, why can't Sonic? Give a valid argument and don't joke around like you usually do.

Do we really need the Chaotix? Or Shadow? Hell that new psionic hedgehog from the future are just absolutely horrible for everything that made Sonic work so well in the first place.

Amy was in Sonic CD, very shortly released after Sonic 2. Her character was redesigned in Sonic Adventure, keeping the exact same personality as the older character, just with a better model.

You mean Princess Sally don't ya? *wink*
:: Sonic going back to how he looked....first of all it would be way inconsistent with how they've gone thus far, and second it would look too cartoony. He's short, fat, and poorly designed, while the new one is taller, more slick, with more detailed shoes. He IS too tall, and his legs ARE too long, and the spikes are too much like Phoenix Wright hair, but other than that it would suck to have the old design back.

True, don't need too much of his childish era. But EXTREME Sonic might need a little bit of an edit. Maybe soften him up, making him less of a loner? Or if they are going for the "I'm speedy" thing, something to indicate his new direction. Right now, Sega doesn't really have one.

"Robotnik" made the name more "cool and edgy" like you describe, not "badass". Again, the only reason you say that (Don't fucking deny) is because that was how he was named in Genesis days.

Another thing is Shadow: Compare him to Magus from Chrono Trigger and they have almost the EXACT same personality and a similar background. Now tell me, why is Magus the best character in the game yet Shadow is "too kewl and edgy because SONIC ADVENTURE 2 WASN'T MADE IN 16-BIT"?

Shadow's reason for being is horrible. He suffers from too much angst over a girl he can't save which makes him look that much weaker. Yes, Magus had to look for his sister, but he didn't cry about it. He got stronger.

And when Sega changed his powers from magic to guns that was when you knew Shadow was nothing more than a throwaway type character.

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-12 04:42:14

At 3/31/09 08:24 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 3/31/09 08:22 PM, Yacazuma wrote:
At 3/31/09 08:20 PM, White-Ferret wrote: well, look how popular the New Super Mario was. please, SEGA, Bring out the New Sonic the Hedgehog.
Trust me, they WILL find a way to fuck it up.
They already did. TWICE! Sonic the Hedgehog 06 and the port they made Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis.

I have a horrible announcement to make.

I-- regretfully-- own Sonic Genesis.

BBS Signature

Response to What You Want - Sonic The Hedgehog 2009-04-28 00:42:18

It's ok. You can always emulate the greatness.