00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drum Vsti

25,084 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-04-26 08:32:55

As I stated already there, the lack of order make things hard to find.
A thread about music resources should have informations, reviews after using a program, screenshots, compatibility with DAW's and overall impressions...
If it's just links with no explanations, some lazier people might not even bother to check.

Anyway, Fretted Synth updated Soft Drum, a simple but effective drum sampler.
Loads standard wave (.wav) files in both mono and stereo format up to 32-bit at any sample rate.
Up to four samples to be loaded in each slot with user selectable velocity switch points.
Polyphony is set at sixteen voices per pad, meaning that the only way a voice can be cancelled out is from itself (so no more crash cutoff by a tom roll).

Comes in two versions, 12 and 6 pads.
All pads standard General MIDI mapped.
A trick that I do (due to this mapping) is to load both versions and assign same MIDI channel.
In the 12 pads version I load close mic samples and in the 6 pad I load room mic samples. This allow me to have more control on the sound, like working with real drums, and have different compression over same set.
Some close mic samples HERE
Same drums, room mic HERE

A quite spartan GUI but very intuitive and easy to use.
Plugin made with Synth Edit.

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-05-08 07:24:09

A long time ago I used the Fruity loops "Drumsynth VSTi" . It`s very good for Electro and oldschool 808 sounds. You can completelly create your own drumsounds(snare, kick, hat, cymb, everything...) with white, sinus and shifting frequence noises plus some samples . It needs a little bit time and intelligence to create a good "working bank", but it's worth it.

Now I`m using "Direct Wave VSTi", which is good for everything because you can not only make Drumsets, you can also create a complete Instrument. You only need some good samples...

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-05-09 20:35:48

Well, FL is not freeware, at least not yet (wishful thinking...) so neither FL drumsynth... I'll have some more stuff later, I'll make also a soundfont on 24 bit, hope soon.

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-13 18:18:44

How about ADDICTIVE DRUMS FOR FREE ?!?!?!?!
Well, at least a demo version, non-expiring, fully functional demo with one drum kit instead of many.
HERE you get it.
Features :
1 Kick, 1 Snare, 1 Hi-hat, 1 Crash
25 Presets
300 Beats
Comes in 9 downloadable packs for both PC and MAC. Each part is 20 megabytes in size for a total of roughly 180 megabytes.
PC: Windows XP / Vista, 2GHz P4, 1GB RAM
MAC: OSX 10.4 / 10.5, G5 or Intel, 1GB RAM
The Addictive Drums Demo version comes in VST, AU and RTAS format and is compatible with all major hosts / sequencers.

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-22 16:03:36

I just got the perfect FREE solution, using for kick, snare, hi hats and crash Addictive Drums FREE (Demo) and for toms and other cymbals Yellow Tools Independence FREE 2.

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-22 17:14:45

Battery 3 VST can blow you away ! Over 12 Gb of samples for 100 professional kits. I've used Battery 2 (not the 3 unfortunately) in one of my songs. Without effects except EQ, it gave that :

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 09086

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-22 17:34:47

Nice... quite very nice, but is not free.
I try to post here good and free stuff, it's not a rule but it's a thing to keep in mind that the average newgrounder works on low budget :)))

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-22 17:58:25

Yeah I just saw FREE after my post, sorry.
I don't know if NI has released a demo version for Battery.

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-06-22 18:07:51

Actually the demo version is quite ok.
Complete function range, plus 6 drum kits - cool
Complete PDF manual - cool
Session runs for 30 minutes only - not very cool but enough to work, I guess that after 30 minutes you take a break
Save and Total Recall functions disabled - not cool but fixable

Demo version HERE

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-07-12 19:44:35

Not really a drum, more like a sampler, but it's FREE, it's good and comes with very nice sound bank including Jazz Drums.
Here I present you UVI Workstation
Of course you can buy from the same website tons of sound packs with drums, but UVI Workstation comes already packed with a "tutorial set", very cool.

Response to Drum Vsti 2009-11-13 03:33:35

Cubix
Cubix is a drumsynth/sampleplayer with an onboard arpeggiated bassline synth. Each drum section has it's own dual X-Fade sequencer section for beat mixing, as well as an Auto-Mix function. Designed with live operation in mind, Cubix can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.

Windows only.

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 09:33:06

Percumat 2 by H.G. Fortune
This is a versatile Rhythm machine for backing drums percussion so definitively not an 808 or 909 type thingie.
It features 6 instrument parts / slots to choose from 512 inbuilt drum & percussions sounds.
There are two step sequencers one for setting up the beat steps in groups of 4 x 8 steps (or 4 x half a bar)
labeled A1, A2, B1 & B2, while the 2nd sequencers on the left allows you to control a sequence of the 8 step beat
groups in 16 steps. Thus it is easy to get variations without having to program complete 16 step bars.

Percumat 2 is Donationware. If You like it or use it regularly you are requested to make a donation of an amount you can afford and Percumat2 is worth to you. It's available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 10:12:22

Would Drummax count? I think that Image Line still has that 'name your own price' deal going on...

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 15:01:44

Stormdrum.

BBS Signature

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 15:25:26

At 3/14/10 10:12 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Would Drummax count? I think that Image Line still has that 'name your own price' deal going on...

Nah, even if is very cheap, it's not freeware, so...
I don't post even donationware that require to pay 1$ for internet band occupied by the download itself (yes, there are such things).

At 3/14/10 03:01 PM, newgeneral wrote: Stormdrum.

Glad that you know how to write. Would be nice to match this skill with another useful one, READING.
This thread it's about FREE software (or unexpiring demo... stuff for low budget people).

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 16:10:09

At 3/14/10 03:01 PM, newgeneral wrote: Stormdrum.
Glad that you know how to write. Would be nice to match this skill with another useful one, READING.
This thread it's about FREE software (or unexpiring demo... stuff for low budget people).

cracked Stormdrum.

Also Stormdrum 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 16:48:53

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 16:51:02

I wasn't discussing, I was pointing out. Not that I intentionally meant to get you to download the program for free which means to "crack".

Also thanks for pointing out the obvious.

BBS Signature

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 17:07:26

At 3/14/10 04:51 PM, newgeneral wrote: I wasn't discussing, I was pointing out. Not that I intentionally meant to get you to download the program for free which means to "crack".

Also thanks for pointing out the obvious.

'cause you weren't alluding to that in the slightest

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 17:30:55

At 3/14/10 04:51 PM, newgeneral wrote: I wasn't discussing.

Didn't want to get here, but...

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 17:51:14

That's quite a small picture you've got there, pal. Mind making it bigger to make the internet see how much you "care".

Stormdrum isn't free but it's damn good, probably the best realistic drum vst you can get that is not FREE. I recommended it because professionals might want to use it and even pay for it which helps the developers to develop the vst further and also make their living. Developers, coders and programmers are people too.

BBS Signature

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 18:05:28

At 3/14/10 05:51 PM, newgeneral wrote: That's quite a small picture you've got there, pal. Mind making it bigger to make the internet see how much you "care".

Stormdrum isn't free but it's damn good, probably the best realistic drum vst you can get that is not FREE. I recommended it because professionals might want to use it and even pay for it which helps the developers to develop the vst further and also make their living. Developers, coders and programmers are people too.

OP:

"Post ur best FREE drum VSTI´s in 3,2,1 GOOOO"

Your losing the battle, just drop it and remember not to talk about that stuff. Some of us feel very strongly on that subject.

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 18:06:21

At 3/14/10 05:51 PM, newgeneral wrote: That's quite a small picture you've got there, pal. Mind making it bigger to make the internet see how much you "care".

wow the relevance is mindblowing

coming into a thread about FREE vsts and talking about cracking marketed vsts is first breaking NG rules, which soro stated, and second is completely irrelevant to the thread

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-14 18:21:13

I know that sometime I seem to be quite harsh. Well, I'm not, but I really appreciate when people read before posting.
About how much i care, here, have some links:
Best Free Vst Effects
Free Trumpet Sample And Loop Pack
Muted Trumpet Free
The Multisampla Rock Pack
Recorder Samples & Patch
to put just a few only from Newgrounds.

Stormdrum isn't free but it's damn good, probably the best realistic drum vst you can get that is not FREE. I recommended it because professionals might want to use it and even pay for it which helps the developers to develop the vst further and also make their living.

I know, professionals might have money for buying Stormdrum, but the thread is:
1 - on Newgrounds, so it's targeted to average Newgrounds user, which is usually a teenager quite short on money.
2 - thread is specifically made about FREE software, it is more "musician friendly" than "programmer/developer friendly". Exceptions make the unexpiring functional demo programs.

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-03-26 09:10:05

Samples
Not a VSTi but can be used with one ;)
The Univox SR-95 (aka Keio MiniPops MP-7) Drum Machine is an analog machine from the 1970s. It was probably most famously used by Jean-Michel Jarre on his Oxygene album in 1976.

The sample pack contains all 15 sounds with eight round-robin variations plus the "warm-up" sound you get when you switch the machine on! They are in 24 bit wav format; they have not been individually normalised as the original balance between each sound would have been lost. The sounds are:

Bass Drum Snare Drum 1 Snare Drum 2 Rimshot Hi-Hat Cymbal 1 Cymbal 2 Cowbell Conga Large Bongo Small Bongo Claves Quijada Guiro Tambourine

Samples generously offered for free by forgottenkeys.co.uk

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-04-23 18:52:34

Roland TR-808, a legend in electronic music, not really available to all of us.
Our luck might be with the VSTi emulations of it.
The TS-808
"The TS-808 is a software emulation (VSTi plugin) of the Roland TR-808. The TR-808 service notes provide full schematics for each voice. I used them to make SPICE simulations of the circuits. I also analysed the best samples I could find (The Tape808, by Goldbaby), and tweaked the sounds until the waveforms and spectral content were as close as possible to the real thing."

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-07-08 10:14:58

At 4/23/10 06:52 PM, sorohanro wrote: Roland TR-808, a legend in electronic music, not really available to all of us.
Our luck might be with the VSTi emulations of it.
The TS-808

do you have any idea how to use this thing? I'm running it out of VSThost and I can't figure it out. Very frustrating.

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-07-08 11:10:16

This is a VST instrument, so, it can be sequenced (which VST Host can't) or can be played with a MIDI controller (usually a keyboard).
Try using a more serious VST host, like FL, Mu.Lab,Cubase, Cakewalk or something.

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-09-03 17:23:09

Recently brought to my attention:
Hydrogen
"Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux. It's main goal is to bring professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming. "

Drum Vsti

Response to Drum Vsti 2010-09-03 19:09:36

There are Windows and Mac ports of Hydrogen too. Also, not sure if its been posted already but orBrumbox is another free drum machine. I don't like the interface as much (its a Java app), but it has some features that Hydrogen doesn't (ex. a piano roll).