00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-8bit clouds- Collab

12,613 Views | 206 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-20 17:35:19

*Quick google searches later*

Put this in the first frame.

function visitSite() {
	getURL("http://laughingtomato.newgrounds.com/", "_top");
}
var myMenu:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
myMenu.hideBuiltInItems();
var copyrightText:ContextMenuItem = new ContextMenuItem("2009 -8bit clouds- collab!", visitSite);
myMenu.customItems.push(copyrightText);
_root.menu = myMenu;

_root._quality="LOW"

that removes the right click menu, and replaces it with the collab and a link to the owner, and sets the collab quality to low.

PM me or Msn me for questions or help with flash 8! E-mail: Digital_kieren@hotmail.com, or just PM digitalk on newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-20 19:31:21

Sort of re-did loader. Well, a lot actually. Got rid of the ad. So we have a cool new loader. I call it:
Preloader 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Well not really. Just to keep potential viewers entertained in the slightest bit whilst the thing loaded, you not only get a cool animation of a cloud becoming colored in, but an extra little fun item to play around with.

A FRACTAL!!! :o

I dunno. If it doesn't fit and you just want it out, that be fine. There's still a bit more to throw in though, but this is what I have.

If the fractal isn't accepted, maybe a physics object (cloud) to throw around with and the animated cloud preloader.

So how be it?

Page: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.php
Lightbox: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.php?lightbox
File: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.swf

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-20 19:32:58

At 5/20/09 07:31 PM, Ironosaur wrote:
Page: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.php
Lightbox: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.php?lightbox
File: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200509/6 9444_8bc_loadre.swf

Forgot instructions. Hold mouse inside blue box and drag a square in it.
You can do that again to zoom in.

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-21 08:57:43

Put the loading and the loading cloud at the top, leaving your awesome graphics works
And then put that coolio fractal thing really big in the middle, with instructions under it

AND WE GOT OURSELVES AN AWESOME PRELOADER!

- LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK -

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-24 17:14:21

Just to double check, mr tomato, can you give a list of who has subbed their vids and such, so we know who needs to sub theirs still?

The deadline draws near! Heres the current parts list:
Part 1 - laughingtomato
Part 2 - Ironosaur
Part 3 - Ironosaur - finished
Part 4 - Gregly
Part 5 - EJRProductions
Part 6 - digitalk - Submited
Part 7 - Gregly
Part 8 - Gregly
Part 9 - Mexifry
Part 10 - TheShyGuy
Part 11 - digitalk - Submited

Reply to this, or copy and paste ect, just add that you are done so we know =]

PM me or Msn me for questions or help with flash 8! E-mail: Digital_kieren@hotmail.com, or just PM digitalk on newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-26 11:11:45

Mistah Tomato, when can we submit? i cant waiiitt for this to be out. Perhaps a little preview?

Part 1 - laughingtomato - Submitted
Part 2 - Ironosaur
Part 3 - Ironosaur - Submitted
Part 4 - Gregly
Part 5 - EJRProductions
Part 7 - Gregly
Part 8 - Gregly
Part 9 - Mexifry
Part 10 - TheShyGuy - Submitted

- LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK -

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-26 16:47:51

We dont submit to the portal :O

submit to spam the web like i did, with the .fla, and mr tomato will compile it.

no preview lol, i wanna se it finishe w/ no preview :D

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-27 08:41:10

At 5/26/09 04:47 PM, digitalk wrote: We dont submit to the portal :O

submit to spam the web like i did, with the .fla, and mr tomato will compile it.

no preview lol, i wanna se it finishe w/ no preview :D

I meant the whole collab.. lol..

Also guys im going to be on holiday for 4 days so i wont be able to see this when its out :( tomato you are on my buddies list and if we are able to submit today please do :D

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-28 01:10:06

We should all make sure we are buddified, all make sure to add mr tomato to your buddies list, and submit your part to him as well. I so can't wait for this to be done :D first collab ever for me :3

~DK

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-31 10:13:33

SUBMIT IT TOMATO!!!
:D!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-31 15:19:20

oooo hai mexi, TOMATO SUBMIT THE DAM COLLAB!!

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-31 16:31:32

awww wut :(

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-31 17:36:08

Lol, the dead line was tod-... yesterday!

OMG lol, everyone finish last details and have it in by today! :D

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-05-31 21:00:32

Did anyone else like my fractal loader?
Anyway, it's nice to see how this collab is coming along.

My second part has been submitted, by the way, so as far as I'm concerned:

Part 2 - Ironosaur - Submitted
Part 4 - Gregly
Part 5 - EJRProductions
Part 7 - Gregly
Part 8 - Gregly
Part 9 - Mexifry

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-01 00:21:03

Submitted.

That's everyone isn't it?

Part 2 - Ironosaur - Submitted
Part 4 - Gregly - Submitted
Part 5 - EJRProductions - Submitted
Part 6 - digitalk - Submitted
Part 7 - Gregly - Submitted
Part 8 - Gregly - Submitted
Part 9 - Mexifry Submitted

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-01 18:14:53

We are all officialy submitted. Mr tomato, its all down to you to now compile it all and sub it with co-authors. :p

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-01 19:21:53

My "game" part needs a medal.

For if you get all 12 clouds. That would be really neat, just kinda maybe like the SF collab. Also, it would increase awareness of the collab, and probably views, if people found it on medal pages, and the games/w medals page, I dunno.

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-01 19:34:32

Idk how good mr tomato is with a/s, but medals will increase views.

check all the user pages as a medal (Clickable links to all people involved in the collab).

Watch the whole movie in 1 go.

Click all easter eggs.

Click half the easter eggs.

Also, on a final note, can we have a bios page with comments by the authors?

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-02 07:02:36

well im pretty half decent with codeing and such, mabey i could program it all :3

however I dont know how to make medals work on NG, i think u need fulpy boys permision.

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-03 00:52:33

Is mr tomato dead? he hasn't replied in ages :O.

however if you are all willing to wait mabey 1 extra day i can whip up a mini game that can go in the preloader, something like u use a plane to kill clouds as the thing loads. mabey?

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-03 02:22:29

well, the other guy, ironsaurus or something is makeing the prealoder and such, mabey just have a link to this game in the main menu, the link sez "fun" or somthing, and it takes u to the game. the game will have a back button so you can easily get back lol. its like 1/2 done.

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-03 03:30:15

Wow, this looks awesome. I can't wait until it's out! GL.

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-03 07:18:04

Ok, so i have made the game that will be in the loader or whatever.

it can be previewd here, and yes it does have acchievements, 100 kills, 200 kills, 500 kills and 1000 kills.

and be downloaded here, for mr tomato or for randoms to use i dont care lol.

by the way i was mega lazy and didnt name anything, so i just chucked em in a folder, so it wouldnt clash when you add it to the collab.

yea, so is it upto scratch or what? cos i think its ok

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-03 07:21:15

well, it just occured to me that i didnt bring the plane to the front, so yea it can be seen herewith the plane correctly put in front, that way the clouds get sucked into the plane not over lol.

anyway, whoever puts the collab together make sure to bring the plane to the front of the things. (Ctrl + shift + up) < thats what you press while the plane is highlighted ^.^.

i trust you know that tho lol

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 01:57:03

well, lets get some other suggestions goeing. hows about mr EJR you draw what u want the plane to look like? and i will trace it.

well, other suggestoins?

and do you think people will get to 1000 kills just for those sexy medals?

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 06:49:31

Aw, I stumbled too late with this collab :(. Maybe next time...

Now that I think about it, summer seems like a good season to start a collab. Pixel summer... hmm...

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 11:38:33

MR TOMATO! SURELY YOU CAN SUBMIT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 11:57:56

you should add some music, and make the clouds go faster

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 12:26:04

At 6/4/09 10:43 AM, Mexifry wrote: Im not doing any pixel collabs for awhile YoungandWise, so if you wanna join one, I suggest running it yourself.

I see... then it's settled. But if you don't want to run it, would you join it? Or are you just taking a break from the whole deal?

I'll start running the gears in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to -8bit clouds- Collab 2009-06-04 17:12:36

What have you exactly done to change the plane O_o?

BBS Signature