00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2-

12,950 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-18 16:21:09

I think I'm gonna try my hand at this too.

I've been doing Speech and Debate for a couple of years now, and I think I stand a chance...hopefully. It sounds like some of the other entries used special effects though, and I don't think I can do those with my program yet.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-18 18:12:55

At 4/18/09 04:21 PM, Fremen wrote: I think I'm gonna try my hand at this too.

I've been doing Speech and Debate for a couple of years now, and I think I stand a chance...hopefully. It sounds like some of the other entries used special effects though, and I don't think I can do those with my program yet.

Holy shit man... no... their not special effects. they are effects yes, but their is no magical skill involved. just download the neccesary sound effect (phone ring, hoover, dial no.) and paste it accordingly in the sound program to simulate the experience of the sound effect in audio form.
simply voice act over the top of it... Man.. no skills are required. just copy and paste. the hard bits are the Voice acting. that is the main concern dude.. AND PLEASE DO MAN! i want to hear more peoples in this competition...
WHICH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFFAAAATTTKKKIIIIDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
okay... so we all love FAT KID WITH A JET PACK... BUT WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH... that we will stand before him and sing along to the FAt kid ANTHEM I MADE! with huggs and kisses.

ENJOY!
FAT KID WITH A JET PACK THEME SONG

Oh and it is a gift for you! so please dont ban me from this forum for posting irrrelevant stuff... damn... i said it now... i am so banned :(:(:(

LUV YA

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-18 22:03:10

j

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-19 11:35:41

At 4/18/09 10:03 PM, General-Ivan wrote: Heres my entry.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 31034

I liked it.

I hope mine can compare, haha. I'm writing it right now.

What is the final date for submission?

Also, what exactly is allowed? I thought that it had to be like 4-10 minutes of original work that had only our voice with no SFX or anything like that.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-19 14:05:51

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 31034

Op. Theres goes the competition. I knew you would do this again lol. ;)
THANKS.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-19 14:09:08

ENJOY!

Oh and it is a gift for you! so please dont ban me from this forum for posting irrrelevant stuff... damn... i said it now... i am so banned :(:(:(

LUV YA

LOL. I am banned from reviewing until the 24th for the first time, but I wil review it as soon as I am unbanned. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS SIR.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-19 15:56:08

At 4/19/09 02:09 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
ENJOY!

LUV YA
LOL. I am banned from reviewing until the 24th for the first time, but I wil review it as soon as I am unbanned. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS SIR.

HOLY SHIZZLE. you poor munchkin! dont worry about a review man! it was just a bit of a laff :D:D:D as long as you had a giggle that is enough. and WHY pray tell are you BANNED? omg. the wonderous invulnerable fatkid has a weakness??? DUN DUN DAAAA

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-19 16:50:33

A flash was about to be deleted so I spammed as a joke. :P

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-20 22:47:35

Ok so...

___5 DAYS LEFT BUDS___

Us judges would enjoy some more submissions for extra cakey goodness. :)

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-21 01:58:43

Can the audio have obscenity? And I've noticed others used background music and sound effects. If I don't do I get bonus points?

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-21 14:08:50

Haha... well done man. may the best arny win! :D:D:D (propably you will win, as you have guns :D:D:D)

And yes. as far as i am aware you can be as profanitisationalised as you like. im just guessing the only innapropriate things would be like racist remarks like keep the arctic white... or white trash only :D:D:D
LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-21 16:21:18

At 4/21/09 01:58 AM, tingtonger wrote: Can the audio have obscenity? And I've noticed others used background music and sound effects. If I don't do I get bonus points?

You are allowed to use sound effects and such and will not get counted off if you dont or do. We judge by the 100 point system mentioned earlier in this thread.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-21 16:32:32

I need to get on this... not much time left....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-21 18:27:19

At 4/21/09 04:32 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I need to get on this... not much time left....

Ditto.

I started writing mine, but I need to actually do it...lol

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-22 15:48:56

Jeeze LOUEEEZZZZZZ!!!! come on people! i am refreshing the post every bloody hour to check if you have submitted anything!!!!!! Come on pwease! i need more four minute wonders to occupy my easily entertained mind! ooh.... look... a fluttrbye...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-22 20:00:05

At 4/22/09 03:48 PM, Stalagmite wrote: Jeeze LOUEEEZZZZZZ!!!! come on people! i am refreshing the post every bloody hour to check if you have submitted anything!!!!!! Come on pwease! i need more four minute wonders to occupy my easily entertained mind! ooh.... look... a fluttrbye...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Well tons that have said they will do it haven't so quit wasting your hands. :P

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-22 21:19:12

I present to you this!

Hope you enjoy, it kicked my ass doing it =p.

I wasn't trying to copy you Stalagmite with the Arnold voice, its just the only thing I could think of lol. Hope you all enjoy.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-23 10:07:14

At 4/22/09 09:19 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I present to you this!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 32269

I wasn't trying to copy you Stalagmite with the Arnold voice, its just the only thing I could think of lol. Hope you all enjoy.

LOL

That was pretty hilarious.

And for the record, I'm like half done with mine. This is taking forever....

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-23 16:26:59

At 4/22/09 09:19 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I present to you this!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 32269

Haha! holy shizzle man! its okay! i dont OWN Arnies voice although i clearly started a trend. thanks for considering my feelings though...good luck to you ForNoReason! also would you like a plaster for you ass :D:D:D

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-23 19:52:32

Yay! It's final exam time so some mixing isn't perfect but I managed to throw it together in time! Here's the epic adventures of Crazy Dave!!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 32503

PS, how do I link to to my audio entry with with the icon beside it? It's a sweet picture of Mr. T, it's the prime piece of my entry!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-23 20:19:35

Yay! It's final exam time so some mixing isn't perfect but I managed to throw it together in time! Here's the epic adventures of Crazy Dave!!
PS, how do I link to to my audio entry with with the icon beside it? It's a sweet picture of Mr. T, it's the prime piece of my entry!

you will be giving many VAs a run for their money. You are excellent. and in my eyes you could be a winner. well done man! Praise gallore! ROCKIN! P.S. OMG WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-23 22:48:16

Wha thank you sir, I appreciate the e-pat-on-the-back!

Any advice on how to post the audio links so they give information about it along with the disc icon?

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-24 10:02:24

Woohoo tomorrow= LAST DAY! Thanks Stalagmite for the support and glad you enjoyed!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-24 10:34:43

I'm listening to all the submissions, and I'm finding that my entry lacks a Schwarzenegger. I'm almost tempted to just edit one in at the end on top of the explosion noises, haha!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-24 13:53:22

At 4/24/09 10:34 AM, tingtonger wrote: I'm listening to all the submissions, and I'm finding that my entry lacks a Schwarzenegger. I'm almost tempted to just edit one in at the end on top of the explosion noises, haha!

Holy shit man! Schwarzeneggger till your heart is content! spread the joy that is "GET DAAOOOWN!"
And YAYNESS to all entries. GOOD LUCK!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-24 22:33:54

I'll be posting mine tomorrow night, if that's cool.

If not, I got a pretty good voice demo regardless.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-25 11:49:49

|THE DEADLINE IS TODAY AT 12:00PM NEWGROUNDS TIME! |
| |
|That is today on APRIL 25TH |
| |
|_______________________________________

If my HTML coding doesnt work for that box thing im gonna be pissed.

Well, submit those entries or receive a harsh spanking. AND GET READY JUDGES.

Thanks for your time. :*)

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-25 11:50:59

Nope, the box didnt work GUH.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-25 11:53:09

THE DEADLINE IS TONIGHT AT 12:00 NEWGROUNDS TIME!

THAT IS APRIL 25TH PEOPLE!

So get your mic out of your pants, I think it is warmed up enough, and start recording your sexy voice acting story.

Thank you for your time.

Oh and judges, you get ready to.. judge.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 00:58:24

Am I the only one now constantly checking this for updates? haha

BBS Signature