00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,116 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 13:56:13

At 1/20/12 07:14 AM, MatthewF wrote: Seems Fortunacus has been churning them out lately......I wonder if he could be the first ban from the API

It's kinda odd that the majority of 10 ratings given to his games are from people whose profiles have no activity on them. There's one in Lionel Messi Castaway from a user called Pinpin80 who talks about how the medals are easy to get, yet has no medals to speak of in his profile.

Kinda fishy, hmm?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 14:09:16

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 14:17:00

At 1/20/12 01:56 PM, SFS1313 wrote:

It's kinda odd that the majority of 10 ratings given to his games are from people whose profiles have no activity on them. There's one in Lionel Messi Castaway from a user called Pinpin80 who talks about how the medals are easy to get, yet has no medals to speak of in his profile.

Kinda fishy, hmm?

Not to mention calling the medals "easy" to get is kind of an oxymoron don't you think? The Castaway medals are fairly easy but the slingshot game made me want to bang my head on the wall.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 14:55:37

At 1/20/12 02:17 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Not to mention calling the medals "easy" to get is kind of an oxymoron don't you think? The Castaway medals are fairly easy but the slingshot game made me want to bang my head on the wall.

Tell me about it. I'm still stuck on level 9, even though I played that damn level for about 30 minutes and the best I can get is 9 out of the 11 guys. If anybody has/knows of a walkthrough video, I'd sure appreciate it. But it sounds like its kinda random, so I dunno how that would work exactly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 19:27:53

At 1/20/12 02:55 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 1/20/12 02:17 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Not to mention calling the medals "easy" to get is kind of an oxymoron don't you think? The Castaway medals are fairly easy but the slingshot game made me want to bang my head on the wall.
Tell me about it. I'm still stuck on level 9, even though I played that damn level for about 30 minutes and the best I can get is 9 out of the 11 guys. If anybody has/knows of a walkthrough video, I'd sure appreciate it. But it sounds like its kinda random, so I dunno how that would work exactly.

There are general areas to hit that work better than others. For level 9 just place your courser slightly beneath the edge of the " O " in SCORE, a little to the left of the center (somewhere around there). The idea is to destroy all the jacks on the right side in one hit - though, some might die on their own if you wait long enough. Use your other two rocks to take care of the ones left on the left. Hope that helps.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 22:24:34

At 1/20/12 07:27 PM, EdyKel wrote: There are general areas to hit that work better than others. For level 9 just place your courser slightly beneath the edge of the " O " in SCORE, a little to the left of the center (somewhere around there). The idea is to destroy all the jacks on the right side in one hit - though, some might die on their own if you wait long enough. Use your other two rocks to take care of the ones left on the left. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip, Edy. Unfortunately, I've given up on the game. I tried your trick, and either its just dumb luck, or I'm doing something wrong, but I still can't beat the level. I'm too annoyed by its crappiness to continue at the moment. Maybe some day down the line when I don't have enough frustration in my life I'll go back, but right now I'm considering that game dead to me.

I did get 10 of the 11 using your help however, so at least it wasn't a total loss. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-20 23:31:39

At 1/20/12 10:24 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 1/20/12 07:27 PM, EdyKel wrote: There are general areas to hit that work better than others. For level 9 just place your courser slightly beneath the edge of the " O " in SCORE, a little to the left of the center (somewhere around there). The idea is to destroy all the jacks on the right side in one hit - though, some might die on their own if you wait long enough. Use your other two rocks to take care of the ones left on the left. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tip, Edy. Unfortunately, I've given up on the game. I tried your trick, and either its just dumb luck, or I'm doing something wrong, but I still can't beat the level. I'm too annoyed by its crappiness to continue at the moment. Maybe some day down the line when I don't have enough frustration in my life I'll go back, but right now I'm considering that game dead to me.

I did get 10 of the 11 using your help however, so at least it wasn't a total loss. :)

It's one of those games that is all about being pixel anal. Every slight pixel movement changes the trajectory of the rock. On some levels, depending on the pixel your on, it can make a difference between destroying a bunch of them or none at all, with one stone throw - even if it's one pixel off. A pixel can make all the difference in the game. It all about trying to find reference for that pixel, because there is going to be a lot of trial and error involved.

I'm still enjoying the game, I just don't like all the ads in it. And, at least, the medal points are worth their value in this one game of his....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 00:16:46

Thanks to perseverance, and EdyKel's help, I finally beat level 9 on that damn Angry Blue Jack game. I figured I'd try it one more time, and the gaming Gods must've been smiling on me or something, because I actually beat it! Now... level 10. Ugh.

Thanks again, Edy!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 02:25:57

Hey guys, I decided to put medals in my most recent (fairly old game), so you won't see it in the games with medals page unless your scroll pretty far.

Anyways, give it a try if you're interested!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 04:29:54

At 1/20/12 07:14 AM, MatthewF wrote: Seems Fortunacus has been churning them out lately......I wonder if he could be the first ban from the API

At this rate, yes.

I'ma drop PG and Tom a PM tomorrow.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 04:30:15

At 1/21/12 02:25 AM, ZEGMAN wrote: Hey guys, I decided to put medals in my most recent (fairly old game), so you won't see it in the games with medals page unless your scroll pretty far.

Anyways, give it a try if you're interested!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 8034

Really fun game actually, but the Get 100 Bubbles in one game medal isn't working. I succeeded twice with no medal.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 04:31:57

At 1/21/12 04:29 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At this rate, yes.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8318
I'ma drop PG and Tom a PM tomorrow.

Brain function late night failing... I meant to say he's just reskinning games and then releasing them again. Not only is it poor taste, but isn't there something in the rules that prevent this kind of stuff?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 04:33:07

At 1/21/12 04:30 AM, VJF wrote: Really fun game actually, but the Get 100 Bubbles in one game medal isn't working. I succeeded twice with no medal.

I got it no problem. Perhaps you may need to clear your game first, then try again?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 04:46:23

At 1/21/12 04:33 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 1/21/12 04:30 AM, VJF wrote: Really fun game actually, but the Get 100 Bubbles in one game medal isn't working. I succeeded twice with no medal.
I got it no problem. Perhaps you may need to clear your game first, then try again?

I see the medal acheived in the in-game menu, but it doesn't show up on my medals page. Also, how do you clear your game, because all I see is instructions and play in the main menu.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 05:51:26

Insert useless information.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 05:54:04

At 1/21/12 04:46 AM, VJF wrote:
I see the medal acheived in the in-game menu, but it doesn't show up on my medals page. Also, how do you clear your game, because all I see is instructions and play in the main menu.

Nearly every newgrounds local save file is found here:

C:\Users\[computer user name]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[RANDOMLETTERS]\up loads.ungrounded.net

Each submission is sorted by portal ID, which can be found in the URL. In the case of Lightning Fish, it has the ID 568034, so you look in the folder 568000. You're looking for any .sol file associated with the game. Make a backup of it, delete it, then try to play the game again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 06:14:40

At 1/21/12 05:51 AM, Vandal2 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8482
New game

So to sum things up:

- Fortunacus released 5 games within 3 days, with 2 games being (almost) identical
- He abuses the amount of points per game (I think it got the max amount increased because of an older game of his)
- 350 points for just clicking on a link to his website
- an advertisement loads every time you win or fail a level
- In 2 of his games, a huge advertisement loaded in front of the game, forcing me to reload the entire game
- (not confirmed:) He created alt accounts to write positive reviews

It's a shame. I liked a lot of his older games, but this is just a cheap trick to get exposure / make some money. With barely 5k views for his games combined this is obviously a failure. The games aren't bad at all, but he seems to be making the for the wrong reason.

@ ZEGMAN: Very nice game, well done. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 07:13:16

At 1/21/12 05:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Nearly every newgrounds local save file is found here:

C:\Users\[computer user name]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[RANDOMLETTERS]\up loads.ungrounded.net

Each submission is sorted by portal ID, which can be found in the URL. In the case of Lightning Fish, it has the ID 568034, so you look in the folder 568000. You're looking for any .sol file associated with the game. Make a backup of it, delete it, then try to play the game again.

Thanks a lot! I will definitely do this when I get done with the days chores (school, homework, etc.) I appreciate your help definitely.

Update: Got the 200 Bubble medal, but still haven't gotten the 100 Bubble one. WIll try your advice and see what happens after that .

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 10:23:03

Finally hit 100k medal points!

I think it's time for me to quit medal hunting now. That was my only goal in this site ever since I started here in Newgrounds, and now I've reached it. :)

Good luck to all of you medal addicts out there, you guys are awesome.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 10:46:28

At 1/21/12 10:23 AM, Tycrane wrote: Finally hit 100k medal points!

I think it's time for me to quit medal hunting now. That was my only goal in this site ever since I started here in Newgrounds, and now I've reached it. :)

Good luck to all of you medal addicts out there, you guys are awesome.

Congrats, Tycrane! You were a major challenge trying to get ahead of you these past few weeks. I finally got to 100,000 myself this week, and figured we'd have to fight it out tooth and nail. It's sad to see you stop your medal addiction, but at least my blood pressure can go down. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 14:04:47

At 1/21/12 05:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 1/21/12 04:46 AM, VJF wrote:
Nearly every newgrounds local save file is found here:

Yep that will definitely solve it. If you've got a medal in the game it saves so it doesn't call the unlock medal again, so if the API didn't go through you'll need to clear the game files. Sorry about this

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 14:55:03

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 18:24:48

Maybe it's just me but when it comes to "Angry Blue Jack", here's an advice for those who made it to level 12.

If one of the blue guys was knocked off screen and didn't die, reset the level.

Seriously once off screen, it's impossible to kill.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 18:29:43

At 1/19/12 08:01 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New game...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8374
At least its not Beiber related, right?

Game got easier. Gogogogo!

It's an okay game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-21 19:05:26

At 1/21/12 06:29 PM, Fooliolo wrote:

It's an okay game.

Finally, after having to grind through 12 levels.

Still the off screen miss still worries me, one way to find out.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-22 00:08:07

At 1/21/12 06:29 PM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 8374

Finally, I can put this stupid game to rest. I just wanted to beat this damn thing out of frustration.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-22 01:33:26

At 1/19/12 08:01 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New game...
At least its not Beiber related, right?

How exactly did the game get easier?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-22 02:36:21

At 1/22/12 01:33 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
How exactly did the game get easier?

More shots. I was on a level with three available shots previously. Now it has four shots.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-22 04:39:04

At 1/16/12 04:01 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Update on grinding out the swarm challenges of Outpost: Haven...

5 waves = 1 round, 3 rounds = 1 set. 25 sets = 75 rounds = 375 waves.
At 1/18/12 12:24 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Cause NG hates me saying small things with big quotes, I'll leave this here. The first set of Outpost: Haven's Swarm mode takes half an hour to complete. The first round takes about 6 minutes to complete.

The game has underwent another round of updates, so I dunno if you get rewarded wave and round completions properly now. The movement speed increase and the removal of glitched objects definitely helps.

Anyways, on to the meat of this post.

It takes a total of 240 rounds to complete the rounds challenge. The amount of waves required to complete the waves challenge seems inconsequential in comparison, since my completion rating for level 5 waves is only somewhat lagging behind my level 3 rounds progress. Completing the first round takes less than 6 minutes, but it takes 7-8 minutes to complete round 2. It only gets worse from there. Assuming 6 minutes per round, it'll take 24 hours to finish this challenge alone. In comparison, it takes about 12.5 hours to get 25 sets, which is the requirement for completing the sets challenge.

Playing swarm arenas seems to follow the same progression curve as the waves and rounds challenges. Based on this pattern, the number of separate plays for each arena to complete each respective challenge seems to be 120. This isn't nearly as much of a problem as the rounds challenge, but it takes around 12-13 seconds per arena restart. Assuming 15 seconds per restart, it will take 2.5 hours of nonstop restarting to complete all the arena plays challenges.

So in total... we'll be seeing about 26.5 hours of game time for swarm mode challenges (I still haven't completed the swarm deaths challenge yet). Combine that with the 7 hours I spent on story mode challenges, and that's a grand total of 33.5 hours sunk to grab the 100 pt challenges medal. Ultimate Warlord takes less than half that time, and only that one other medal from OCD+ takes the cake in "longest time spent for a medal" if you do it the legitimate way (72 hours?), though to actually get it requires lots of right-clicking xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-01-22 07:50:42

Insert useless information.

BBS Signature