00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,637,132 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-28 20:01:40

The Studious and Disillusioned medals in William and Sly don't resend, but all the others do. I'll send a PM to the author about those two.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 02:54:20

At 12/28/11 08:01 PM, Hacsev wrote: It's supposed to be the wings, but they do not show. As I said earlier I went to the temple on the cliff and it only said "The wind blows quietly...". Do I need to do the element pieces first in order to get the wings? Because I can't find the fire element yet as I don't know where it is.

I don't quite know what's going on here, but here's what I remember...

The "wings" you speak of is actually an unlimited multi jump power. This is accomplished by finding all four blue critters (forgot what they were called), then returning to the third temple. Not really difficult, other than finding these guys in the first place. Personally I already found three of them before I reached the third temple.

The elements puzzle is the one I completed last. Its power is to grant you better item detection by making them throw out blue sparks everywhere, although you might not find items in caves under the disillusion spell. All pieces of the puzzle are found in chests.

I never succeeded in entering William's house. It's not needed for 100% completion.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 09:15:46

At 12/29/11 02:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote: I don't quite know what's going on here, but here's what I remember...

The "wings" you speak of is actually an unlimited multi jump power. This is accomplished by finding all four blue critters (forgot what they were called), then returning to the third temple. Not really difficult, other than finding these guys in the first place. Personally I already found three of them before I reached the third temple.

This is the problem I have. I already found three pixies, but the one left is very high for a normal jump to reach. So how did you guys managed to do it? Is there like an invisible platform that you can jump from there or something?

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 09:47:46

At 12/29/11 09:15 AM, Hacsev wrote:
At 12/29/11 02:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote: I don't quite know what's going on here, but here's what I remember...

This is the problem I have. I already found three pixies, but the one left is very high for a normal jump to reach. So how did you guys managed to do it? Is there like an invisible platform that you can jump from there or something?

That isn't a pixie, but a journal piece. I was confused by that too. Pixies are always in secret caverns. You can get to the journal piece after you get the unlimited jumping. Try searching in the cavern-like areas at the bottom of the map. They're often there. Look at my or Furryfox' map at the previous page and look if you've missed any secret caverns.

Note that you can't get to some of them, as you don't have the unlimited jumping ability yet.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 09:59:31

At 12/29/11 09:47 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: That isn't a pixie, but a journal piece. I was confused by that too. Pixies are always in secret caverns. You can get to the journal piece after you get the unlimited jumping. Try searching in the cavern-like areas at the bottom of the map. They're often there. Look at my or Furryfox' map at the previous page and look if you've missed any secret caverns.

Note that you can't get to some of them, as you don't have the unlimited jumping ability yet.

Thanks for the help, man! I just found the fire amnhi and the last hidden pixie. It was in a part I had never been before since I even collected some mushrooms. Thanks again!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 12:17:26

Beat me by 27 mins oh well.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 12:20:05

At 12/28/11 08:01 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: The Studious and Disillusioned medals in William and Sly don't resend, but all the others do. I'll send a PM to the author about those two.

Both of those medals unlocked for me I guess I was just lucky

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 15:30:31

I don't think the "get to level 30" medal works in adventure story. It also doesn't unlock in-game.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 15:30:37

Is it just me, or are the medals for Pogo Swing broken?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 15:38:43

At 12/29/11 03:30 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: I don't think the "get to level 30" medal works in adventure story. It also doesn't unlock in-game.

All the medals worked just fine for me. If it didn't unlock in-game then you probably haven't met the requirements. You can find your experience level in the Equips screen. I'm at lvl 35 and I received the medal and it unlocked in-game somewhere along the way. If you are lvl 30+ and it didn't unlock in-game you should PM Matt about it, but I would double-check it first.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 15:47:03

At 12/29/11 03:38 PM, Nijsse wrote:
At 12/29/11 03:30 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: I don't think the "get to level 30" medal works in adventure story. It also doesn't unlock in-game.
All the medals worked just fine for me. (...)

I checked, I'm level 30 now.
I'll go on for a while and see if it unlocks at 31 or 32.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 16:08:37

At 12/29/11 03:47 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 12/29/11 03:38 PM, Nijsse wrote:
All the medals worked just fine for me. (...)
I checked, I'm level 30 now.
I'll go on for a while and see if it unlocks at 31 or 32.

Yup, although the medal description says you have to reach level 30, you have to get past level 30.

In other words, get to level 31

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 16:44:21

This one has its medals approved too. I don't know for how long already, but I'm pretty sure it's been a few weeks ago.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 16:58:37

Meh, quadruple post, sorry.

At 12/29/11 04:44 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 5325
This one has its medals approved too. I don't know for how long already, but I'm pretty sure it's been a few weeks ago.

How can you get past this part? I've tried jumping towards it with full stamina and many other things, but nothing seems to work.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 20:41:02

At 12/29/11 04:58 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
How can you get past this part? I've tried jumping towards it with full stamina and many other things, but nothing seems to work.

I think only the author knows how to do it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 21:10:32

*spoiler

You can replay the last scene to get all the endings. The last ending you must use all the moves in this order: web, stink, sting, claw, bite.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-29 23:11:51

I just wrote a guide for Devilish Differences: http://ixfd64.newgrounds.com/news/post/6 74089

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 01:59:25

At 12/29/11 08:41 PM, EdyKel wrote:

You guys seriously never tried to run up to it and grab the ledge? Seems logical to me.

My bigger complaint is the controls though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 08:38:11

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 08:40:46

At 12/30/11 01:59 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 12/29/11 08:41 PM, EdyKel wrote:
You guys seriously never tried to run up to it and grab the ledge? Seems logical to me.

My bigger complaint is the controls though.

Aah, thank you. Mashing a spacebar to get up a ledge didn't pop up my mind.

Now I'm stuck on the next hurdle. Do you know how to jump far enough to grab the rope?

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 12:15:39

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 14:05:24

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 16:11:08

At 12/30/11 12:15 PM, ixfd64 wrote: It looks like we got a great new game every day for the last four days:

And I thought I was doing well for medals and medal points over this time period. Ho hum, I'll just have to carry on my merry way with this selection of games then.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 18:36:24

At 12/30/11 08:38 AM, Tycrane wrote: New game!

Oh gawd another grinding game. I have yet to explore every aspect of story mode (looks like you may have to play it through at least 10 times to complete the "Quick reader" challenge) but Swarm mode by itself looks to be friggin ugly as hell.

5 Waves = 1 Round
3 Rounds = 1 Set
5 Sets = Level 1 in "Wow baby" challenge
5 Levels = Challenge complete

1 Play of Swarm1 = 6% in "Swarm fan" challenge
17? plays = Level 1 in "Swarm fan" challenge
5 Levels = Challenge complete

Nothing wrong with mowing down swarms of baddies from time to time, but with the way this game is executed, it gets old fast.

I dunno about the rest of you, but my desktop computer doesn't exactly run this fast after the first round, due to the sheer number of mobs or something. There's also enough green blood splatters to paint the floor black. lol

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-30 22:30:03

Anybody have any strategies on how to beat the final guy in Adventure Story? I've tried a buncha times, and for the life of me, I can't beat 'em. Any tips on what to do (like is there a certain armor/helmet/sword I should use? Should I use any magic? Any certain place to stand to avoid being hit, and the like)?

Thank you much. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-31 07:55:50

At 12/30/11 10:30 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Anybody have any strategies on how to beat the final guy in Adventure Story? I've tried a buncha times, and for the life of me, I can't beat 'em. Any tips on what to do (like is there a certain armor/helmet/sword I should use? Should I use any magic? Any certain place to stand to avoid being hit, and the like)?

Thank you much. :)

Equipment:
Mana staff: Works very well with the healing spell. You have about 10 percent chance of gaining 1 mana each time you deliver a hit. It's not as strong as the other weapons, but the healing makes up for it.
Viking hood: Very straightforward. Great boost of two stats.
Ninja armour: Together with the hood it nullifies the attack lowering from the staff, making you not very weak. If you prefer the pirate jacket, that's fine too.

I always set attack on a, quick key mana 1 on s. Set quick mana key 1 on heal (level 3). That will be the only spell you will do throughout the entire battle.

For his attacks:

At the right he throws bombs. They hit you with only three, and him with 100. Try to bounce them back to him, as this cuts his HP greatly.
When he drives to the middle and stands there jump over him while attacking and holding up.
He then drives to the left, shooting bullets. If you hit them with your mana stick, you still may get mana. Use this to your advantage. When he shoots a bullet at the top row and one at the bottom row at the same time and you must jump between them for example, attack while you're in the air. It may give you mana.

Remember that you only need to beat him on easy. I beat every other level on hard, but it turns out it wasn't necessary. I'm not very good at the game, but on easy I beat him with all mana and almost all HP left without any trouble.

I'm now uploading a video to youtube, but it takes ages. While writing this it only made 2% progression...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-31 10:21:32

Thanks, Knuck! I'm gonna have to try that later on today (I'm hooked on Outpost at the moment), and hopefully be able to beat it with help from your video. It'll be 200 points, seeing how I found all the treasure chests and got all the coins (well, not in that level yet).

Thank you again. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-31 10:32:11

At 12/31/11 10:21 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Thanks, Knuck! I'm gonna have to try that later on today (I'm hooked on Outpost at the moment), and hopefully be able to beat it with help from your video. It'll be 200 points, seeing how I found all the treasure chests and got all the coins (well, not in that level yet).

Thank you again. :)

Glad to help. You won't get all the treasure chests yet though, there are two enemy/boss rush medals afterwards that give you some treasure chests and coins too. But with the same tactic it's easy as pie.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-31 10:38:57

Hey guys!
I Dont know how to get the 5th and 6th secret medal of Company of Myself... can someone tell me? :/