Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

  • 1,489,311 Views
  • 30,393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mr-Contradiction
Mr-Contradiction
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-06 16:56:05 Reply

In JetBus, can anyone tell me how they got the Time Machine??? I'm not even sure how I got the other 3 vehicles...


The rainforest burns the same as any other forest.
Smith & Wesson, Curing the Blues Since 1864.
Have a hypothetical bucket.

BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-06 19:43:00 Reply

At 12/6/10 04:56 PM, Mr-Contradiction wrote: In JetBus, can anyone tell me how they got the Time Machine??? I'm not even sure how I got the other 3 vehicles...

According to the instructions page, it falls as a power-up kind of thing, like the nitro and brakes. But it is "extremely rare". You get the other vehicles for beating the different modes (I think)


BBS Signature
supergamer500
supergamer500
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-06 23:09:56 Reply

NEW GAME!

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-06 23:13:50 Reply

For Super Mario BP Oil Spill, Employee Mercy medal, I can confirm that you can still kill the divers as long as you don't hurl a blowfish at them.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 03:23:35 Reply

At 12/6/10 11:09 PM, supergamer500 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5553
NEW GAME!

Looks like I have to grind up to level 30 for the last medal... sigh.

The secret medals are easy to get. Read the 1st page of the instructions to find out how to get them.

queenofbabes
queenofbabes
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 08:15:41 Reply

At 12/7/10 03:23 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 12/6/10 11:09 PM, supergamer500 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5553
NEW GAME!
Looks like I have to grind up to level 30 for the last medal... sigh.

The secret medals are easy to get. Read the 1st page of the instructions to find out how to get them.

Good lord, that game is totally crap.

Just spam attack upgrades, and the triple-shot shotgun will make things tolerably quick

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 14:31:28 Reply

At 12/6/10 11:09 PM, supergamer500 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5553
NEW GAME!

Well, those were some quick yet tedious medals.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 14:50:16 Reply

At 12/7/10 02:31 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 12/6/10 11:09 PM, supergamer500 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5553
NEW GAME!
Well, those were some quick yet tedious medals.

Medal guide is up (as if we really need one). Really I'm just happy to have that long-ass monstrosity that was the previous guide I wrote off my homepage.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Kauvin
Kauvin
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 15:03:00 Reply

It was mentioned before?


BBS Signature
Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 16:20:20 Reply

I haven't been around for a decent while, so can anyone list any new 0 point medal games that have been released since Crush The Castle 2 or that crappy twin towers game?

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 16:38:32 Reply

At 12/7/10 03:03 PM, Kauvin wrote: It was mentioned before?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 8103

I think the medals are broken. The game says that I've unlocked three of them, but they did not appear on my profile.


Find me on Facebook!

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 16:44:06 Reply

At 12/7/10 04:38 PM, ixfd64 wrote:
At 12/7/10 03:03 PM, Kauvin wrote: It was mentioned before?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 8103
I think the medals are broken. The game says that I've unlocked three of them, but they did not appear on my profile.

They seem to work for me....

Kauvin
Kauvin
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 18:57:17 Reply

At 12/7/10 04:20 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I haven't been around for a decent while, so can anyone list any new 0 point medal games that have been released since Crush The Castle 2 or that crappy twin towers game?

http://nearlynearvana.newgrounds.com/new s/post/516222

In Castle Guardian, what it really means the "play the game twice" achievement? In the walkthrough, everything it says is to have a second attempt of the game, then I tried to get to wave 20 twice and even submitting my result nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong or is it just another "glitch" in the game? That's the one I'm missing to receive 100% achievement.

And can someone send me a message in how to get the secret medal in NDC: 2010? Thanks!


BBS Signature
ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 19:26:50 Reply

Zero-point medals:


Find me on Facebook!

sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 20:59:09 Reply

At 12/7/10 06:57 PM, Kauvin wrote:
At 12/7/10 04:20 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I haven't been around for a decent while, so can anyone list any new 0 point medal games that have been released since Crush The Castle 2 or that crappy twin towers game?

the last game I made has 0 point medals :p

And can someone send me a message in how to get the secret medal in NDC: 2010? Thanks!

PM sent.


BBS Signature
CTM222
CTM222
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 22:15:14 Reply

At 12/7/10 06:57 PM, Kauvin wrote: In Castle Guardian, what it really means the "play the game twice" achievement?

Fail. And press restart/retry. This is the only thing that worked for me.


BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-07 23:22:33 Reply

I'm finally fucking done with English Pub Pool. Stupid in-game achievements that take forever.

Also, I played quite a game there; you should check it out if you have about 9 minutes to spare. It's the last game in the hardest 8-ball tournament, netting me 1000 pints, and Winner for all 12 slots on the tournament page.

I'm free again!


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

queenofbabes
queenofbabes
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 00:19:56 Reply

At 12/7/10 11:22 PM, DiMono wrote: I'm finally fucking done with English Pub Pool. Stupid in-game achievements that take forever.

Also, I played quite a game there; you should check it out if you have about 9 minutes to spare. It's the last game in the hardest 8-ball tournament, netting me 1000 pints, and Winner for all 12 slots on the tournament page.

I'm free again!

Wow! I'm still struggling with that game. Any tips on how to aim/improve accuracy?

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 00:45:00 Reply

At 12/8/10 12:19 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 12/7/10 11:22 PM, DiMono wrote: I'm finally fucking done with English Pub Pool. Stupid in-game achievements that take forever.

Also, I played quite a game there; you should check it out if you have about 9 minutes to spare. It's the last game in the hardest 8-ball tournament, netting me 1000 pints, and Winner for all 12 slots on the tournament page.

I'm free again!
Wow! I'm still struggling with that game. Any tips on how to aim/improve accuracy?

Patience. Seriously, if you watch the video, about a full minute of it is me adjusting my aim by a pixel or two at a time.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 01:23:17 Reply

This game has medals, although they currently do not show up: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5641


Find me on Facebook!

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 01:25:52 Reply

At 12/8/10 01:23 AM, ixfd64 wrote: This game has medals, although they currently do not show up: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5641

Medals are visible now:


Find me on Facebook!

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 01:27:40 Reply

Icon updated:


Find me on Facebook!

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 11:10:02 Reply

The medals have been approved:


Find me on Facebook!

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 11:18:45 Reply

At 12/8/10 11:10 AM, ixfd64 wrote: The medals have been approved:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5568

Indeed.

Is it a problem on my side, or does nobody get the medal for level 9? I got medals for levels 1-17, but not for level 9.


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 13:40:10 Reply

At 12/5/10 04:11 PM, Leboyo56 wrote: I'm sorry, but you'll need more than Fresh Baked Cookies from your Grandma's for that classified information. Oh wait, I need it too...Crap!

Who has cookies?!


Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

waynerz99
waynerz99
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 14:47:43 Reply

Just got the majority of the medals for Visible III and none of them sent. Bah.


Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 14:56:52 Reply

At 12/8/10 02:47 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Just got the majority of the medals for Visible III and none of them sent. Bah.

Wierd. They all sent for me.


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
PulseLane
PulseLane
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 18:05:24 Reply

Is it just me or does no one have any medals now.

High-Dark
High-Dark
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 18:05:56 Reply

At 12/8/10 06:05 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Is it just me or does no one have any medals now.

i have that too

what the hell is going on?

High-Dark
High-Dark
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-08 18:08:53 Reply

At 12/8/10 06:05 PM, High-Dark wrote:
At 12/8/10 06:05 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Is it just me or does no one have any medals now.
i have that too

what the hell is going on?

Just checked

We it seems the admins are upgrading the API they should be back in some hours.

if thats not the case. We cant earn them again. They are showed as Achieved in the Medal Page of any medal game.