00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,985 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 05:18:02

At 1/29/11 04:41 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Pfuh, I try to play this game every day, WITHOUT rage quitting. And yeah, the medal is probably gotten by getting the highest score possible. Although something crossed my mind a few days ago. It could also require you to get the LOWEST score possible. That'd be even worse (imagine yourself hitting all those cavemen for 5 points).

Where did you get that idea from, it's not about the score. Forget the scores. I'll PM you if you want. You do almost need to beat the game to get the medal tough...

Journeys of Reemus crashes my browser. Has it happened before? Don't tell me to change browser or something... I just find it weird. And of course I have everything updated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 05:32:02

At 1/29/11 05:18 AM, Phenom9 wrote: Where did you get that idea from, it's not about the score. Forget the scores. I'll PM you if you want. You do almost need to beat the game to get the medal tough...

Okay then, if you would be so kind.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 08:14:10

At 1/28/11 12:13 PM, Phenom9 wrote: And I am also right about the secret medal in Icy Cave of Frustration. The author confirmed my guess in a PM. Clever me. I got it by putting together things he said in several places... If anyone wants to know I can tell you. But fortunately no one is playing this game so...

Would you mind PMing me? Thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 09:47:59

At 1/29/11 05:18 AM, Phenom9 wrote: Journeys of Reemus crashes my browser. Has it happened before? Don't tell me to change browser or something... I just find it weird. And of course I have everything updated.

Well, what browser are you using? IE has known bugs, so if you're using IE, change your browser. Seriously, stubbornness alone isn't a valid reason to keep doing something that doesn't work.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 09:57:37

At 1/29/11 09:47 AM, DiMono wrote: Well, what browser are you using? IE has known bugs, so if you're using IE, change your browser. Seriously, stubbornness alone isn't a valid reason to keep doing something that doesn't work.

I use Firefox. I just wanted to if it is a known problem or if it only happens to me :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 11:28:08

At 1/28/11 02:37 PM, Tycrane wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0552

to me the medals in this game do not work!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 15:43:29

At 1/29/11 11:28 AM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 1/28/11 02:37 PM, Tycrane wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0552
to me the medals in this game do not work!

Yet you have two of them! As childish as this game is, i'm enjoying it. Found most of the secret coins, couple levels left to go.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 15:55:36

At 1/29/11 03:43 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Yet you have two of them! As childish as this game is, i'm enjoying it. Found most of the secret coins, couple levels left to go.

It is a good game. It is kind of unfair how some games get their medals approved when still under judgement and others don't even get them approved...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 17:37:27

Great success. Last couple of levels were actually pretty tough, a decent challenge. Nothing anybody should have a problem with on their first or second try. The third boss was pretty difficult, but once you get the patterns down you should be good. I think I missed one of the heart pieces though. If anybody gets them all, and gets a medal for it, let me know.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 19:42:37

At 1/28/11 06:27 PM, Hacsev wrote: Author claims it has medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0687

Where is the key for the master bathroom? I can't think what I haven't tried

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 19:46:24

At 1/29/11 07:42 PM, CTM222 wrote:
At 1/28/11 06:27 PM, Hacsev wrote: Author claims it has medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 0687

From the high maintenance chick in the guest room.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 19:51:08

At 1/29/11 07:46 PM, DiMono wrote:

I only got the master bedroom key from her... and that doesnt work. Nor does the regular bathroom key. Glitch?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 19:54:18

At 1/29/11 07:51 PM, CTM222 wrote:
At 1/29/11 07:46 PM, DiMono wrote:
I only got the master bedroom key from her... and that doesnt work. Nor does the regular bathroom key. Glitch?

Ah, then I remembered it backwards: you get the master bathroom key by searching the couch you need to clean the puke from.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 20:37:06

At 1/29/11 07:54 PM, DiMono wrote: Ah, then I remembered it backwards: you get the master bathroom key by searching the couch you need to clean the puke from.

... And what do I need to clear the puke? :P sorry lol

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 20:38:44

At 1/29/11 08:37 PM, CTM222 wrote: ... And what do I need to clear the puke? :P sorry lol

Just answered my own question :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 20:38:57

At 1/28/11 02:14 AM, EdyKel wrote: You could always look at the medal guide for it.

Not working.

*sigh*

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 23:05:06

Some game just lost at least 25 points of medals. Anyone know which one?
(I'm sure about this (I think), my spreadsheet count is completely accurate with yesterday plus what I earned today, and there is 25 points missing from my NG total.)

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 23:32:09

At 1/29/11 11:05 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Some game just lost at least 25 points of medals. Anyone know which one?
(I'm sure about this (I think), my spreadsheet count is completely accurate with yesterday plus what I earned today, and there is 25 points missing from my NG total.)

Well, the last medal you earned is worth 25 points, so my guess is that it just hasn't added to your total yet; get another medal and all should be well. I would think that no game lost a 25-point medal (or medals adding up to that) as my total has not decreased, then again, I could have just not gotten that medal(s).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-29 23:52:44

At 1/29/11 11:32 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
At 1/29/11 11:05 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Some game just lost at least 25 points of medals. Anyone know which one?
Well, the last medal you earned is worth 25 points, so my guess is that it just hasn't added to your total yet; get another medal and all should be well. I would think that no game lost a 25-point medal (or medals adding up to that) as my total has not decreased, then again, I could have just not gotten that medal(s).

Oh, okay, that worked. I wasn't aware that it could behave like that. Thanks.
While I'm here, I have two other questions:

(I posted this one on the previous page but I guess no one saw it or knew the answer.) Many of the *Flight* medals didn't register for me. I only got the ones I earned at the beginning and at the end of my play session. Is this any way to get them without having to re-do them?

Could someone give me hints to the first two 5-point secret medals in DJManiax? I tried everything I could think of. I really like that game btw, it's one of the genres I really like I guess.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 00:01:46

At 1/29/11 11:52 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Could someone give me hints to the first two 5-point secret medals in DJManiax? I tried everything I could think of. I really like that game btw, it's one of the genres I really like I guess.

Hints incoming!

--One is related to how many Fantastic notes you hit compared to total amount of notes. (I got this on accident plenty of times, considering my mad music skillz on crazy mode)
--One is related to your % rating. Think of that special number!

Of course, checking people's profiles make these a dead giveaway.

I like the music selections in general, but sometimes it feels like a large landslide of notes rather than elegance.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 00:27:17

At 1/30/11 12:01 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 1/29/11 11:52 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Could someone give me hints to the first two 5-point secret medals in DJManiax? I tried everything I could think of. I really like that game btw, it's one of the genres I really like I guess.
Hints incoming!

--One is related to how many Fantastic notes you hit compared to total amount of notes. (I got this on accident plenty of times, considering my mad music skillz on crazy mode)
--One is related to your % rating. Think of that special number!

Of course, checking people's profiles make these a dead giveaway.

I like the music selections in general, but sometimes it feels like a large landslide of notes rather than elegance.

Ooh I forgot about checking profiles :P thanks :D.
The first one I didn't think of because I already got it on Kongregate at least once. Dunno how I didn't get that one in playing this time, usually that's just my luck on a difficult song :P.
The second one was actually kind of difficult to get (before I remembered perfects gave less completion percent, anyway :P).

I actually never felt like it was a landslide. You just have to see the patterns in it. It's kind of like FFR, where in order to do well on higher difficulties you need to be able to recognize and play the patterns, and I can't do that yet for the more complicated ones, so I just mash keys. Here the only problems for me are finger positioning and color recognition (I sometimes forget which is which because I'm dumb like that :P it's why arrow keys are a lot easier). Has anyone actually done well with a mouse? I don't see how that would be possible. The keyboard control is pretty good though.

(Whoo rambling)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 00:33:41

At 1/30/11 12:27 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Has anyone actually done well with a mouse? I don't see how that would be possible. The keyboard control is pretty good though.

The mouse can carry you through about a dozen songs, but after that it's just not fast enough. Keyboard is far superior in this game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 01:04:30

At 1/30/11 12:27 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: I actually never felt like it was a landslide. You just have to see the patterns in it. It's kind of like FFR, where in order to do well on higher difficulties you need to be able to recognize and play the patterns, and I can't do that yet for the more complicated ones, so I just mash keys. Here the only problems for me are finger positioning and color recognition (I sometimes forget which is which because I'm dumb like that :P it's why arrow keys are a lot easier).

Being a former piano and violin player, I would sure as hell catch any pattern in most any music. When I'm talking about a "landslide of notes", I'm not talking about game notes themselves, but the actual music. Taking Seven Circles for example, an orchestral piece, near the beginning it sounds like a somewhat random jumble when I try to take it all in at once.

But this thread is about medal games and tips, not about music.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 03:19:15

At 1/30/11 01:04 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Being a former piano and violin player, I would sure as hell catch any pattern in most any music. When I'm talking about a "landslide of notes", I'm not talking about game notes themselves, but the actual music. Taking Seven Circles for example, an orchestral piece, near the beginning it sounds like a somewhat random jumble when I try to take it all in at once.

But this thread is about medal games and tips, not about music.

I actually play the game with a tablet. It's quite hard to master, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty easy.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 03:51:46

At 1/29/11 09:57 AM, Phenom9 wrote:
At 1/29/11 09:47 AM, DiMono wrote: Well, what browser are you using? IE has known bugs, so if you're using IE, change your browser. Seriously, stubbornness alone isn't a valid reason to keep doing something that doesn't work.
I use Firefox. I just wanted to if it is a known problem or if it only happens to me :)

Actually, the game always crashes at that part no matter what browser you're using or what site you're on, Zeebarf says so on Kongregate. He said it's a glitch in the code he doesn't know how to fix. So basically, a broken medal that is.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 03:58:46

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 05:14:40

At 1/30/11 03:51 AM, Leboyo56 wrote: The game always crashes at that part no matter what browser you're using or what site you're on, Zeebarf says so on Kongregate. He said it's a glitch in the code he doesn't know how to fix. So basically, a broken medal that is.

Actually he says it's fixed. But it's not for me... It's good to know it doesn't change from browser to browser.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 07:39:49

Zero points. And yes, it's Mikey again.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 08:00:31

(Sarcasm) for the happiness of all, here is another game with medals that are worth 0 points created by Mikey.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-01-30 09:43:32

It would be really cool if they could stop specific people from putting medals in games. If your games continually suck, then it brings down the quality of the medal system overall to have your games associated with the medal system, and you should be made to stop.