00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,681 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:41:40

At 8/20/09 12:33 PM, Powdinet wrote:
At 8/20/09 12:25 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
Bad news! I think the problem got worse!
Yeah, now everytime I click a medal it crashes :/

You guys should just give up on getting these medals for a while :/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:42:54

Bloody fucking hell, l beat the game and...this happaned!
Right now l want to mureder you Matt...l HOPE there is a way of gettng my medal without playing the game from the start....right?
As soon as the tank was destroyed flash said that a script was causing the game to run slowly...and this happened.

This is the problem everyone's been getting.
But you seem to have avoided it until the end of the game.
Well done?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:43:54

At 8/20/09 12:41 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
At 8/20/09 12:33 PM, Powdinet wrote:
At 8/20/09 12:25 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote:
Bad news! I think the problem got worse!
Yeah, now everytime I click a medal it crashes :/
You guys should just give up on getting these medals for a while :/

I agree. There is a ton more games I could get medals from :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:46:20

At 8/20/09 12:42 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: This is the problem everyone's been getting.
But you seem to have avoided it until the end of the game.
Well done?

*crying* but this is the second time that l don't get my medal upon completion of an EBF game....damn!
Well, there are more medals to get, but still...couldn't you give me some kind of password to activate my medal?You can change it after l get the medal and I promise l won't tell anyone :(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:53:03

*tries to take the angry mobs focus away from matt... (whom we all love really)*

right on this crazy golf game.. where the hell is this secret room?... and also how do i get past the croc without drowing it?... *???*

awaits angry mobs reply

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:55:02

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:56:06

At 8/20/09 12:53 PM, LegolaSS wrote: *tries to take the angry mobs focus away from matt... (whom we all love really)*

right on this crazy golf game.. where the hell is this secret room?... and also how do i get past the croc without drowing it?... *???*

awaits angry mobs reply

I'm trying to figure those out. I just got the Treasure medal And I'm going to search for it ;D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:56:56

What ever happened to playing games for enjoyment? When did it become such a big cry baby fest about not getting some medals. I remember the days (READ: 6 MONTHS AGO) when games on the Internet just had, at most, a scoreboard and completing them was a personal achievement only you cared about. The reason only you cared about it was because no one else did, and that reason still rings true today.

Seeing you guys CRY, BITCH and MOAN about some arbitrary in game stats is painful. However, I would expect nothing less from you statwhores in Wi/Ht?, where numbers on some website mean EVERYTHING. Do you really need a petition to fix some shitty medal only you care about? Get over it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 12:58:31

At 8/20/09 12:38 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Right now l want to mureder you Matt...l

You can't just take a blame on him, matt is seriously working his ass off to make this game, i also make a RPG game so i really know how hard it is to make, your doing a great job matt, but please figure out what happened to all of these errors ASAP

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:05:37

At 8/20/09 12:56 PM, dave-mac-dave wrote: Seeing you guys CRY, BITCH and MOAN about some arbitrary in game stats is painful. However, I would expect nothing less from you statwhores in Wi/Ht?, where numbers on some website mean EVERYTHING. Do you really need a petition to fix some shitty medal only you care about? Get over it.

Listen, we don't need a preacher OK?
Yes we need a fucking petition to fix a broken game.
And no, medals don't mean everything, but they're another stat.
If they don't work, we complain.Where is the problem?it's fixing a game issue.
And because ~20 people post here doesn't mean that they are the only ones that like to get medals.
If you don't like this system you can just STFU and GTFO.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:08:04

At 8/20/09 12:58 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: You can't just take a blame on him, matt is seriously working his ass off to make this game, i also make a RPG game so i really know how hard it is to make, your doing a great job matt, but please figure out what happened to all of these errors ASAP

Hey, it's not my fault that the game is broken!I don't even have the right to be angry now?
I know how hard it is to make a game and l know that Matt worked his ass off, it's not like l am going to hate Matt forever... it's just that l lost 3 hours of play, that's all.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:13:17

At 8/20/09 12:56 PM, dave-mac-dave wrote: What ever happened to playing games for enjoyment? When did it become such a big cry baby fest about not getting some medals. I remember the days (READ: 6 MONTHS AGO) when games on the Internet just had, at most, a scoreboard and completing them was a personal achievement only you cared about. The reason only you cared about it was because no one else did, and that reason still rings true today.

Seeing you guys CRY, BITCH and MOAN about some arbitrary in game stats is painful. However, I would expect nothing less from you statwhores in Wi/Ht?, where numbers on some website mean EVERYTHING. Do you really need a petition to fix some shitty medal only you care about? Get over it.

What ever happened to letting people enjoy the various NG statistics? When did it become logical to come here and bitch at people pointing out flaws in the system?
People have ALWAYS bitched about games, long before the medals were implemented. Don't get all high and mighty about that.
Seeing idiots like you moan bitch and baww about something you don't care about confuses me. This is another stat, NG is based on stats. Points, scores, trophies, medals, levels, numbers.

Why the fuck won't you get over it and get your ass out of a thread you obviously do not belong in?
It will always be like this until people stop throwing their Wii-motes at their flatscreen TVs. Or something.

tl:dr You're wasting your time here.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:21:52

At 8/20/09 01:13 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: What ever happened to letting people enjoy the various NG statistics? When did it become logical to come here and bitch at people pointing out flaws in the system?
People have ALWAYS bitched about games, long before the medals were implemented. Don't get all high and mighty about that.
Seeing idiots like you moan bitch and baww about something you don't care about confuses me. This is another stat, NG is based on stats. Points, scores, trophies, medals, levels, numbers.

Yeah l was wondering the same thing...if he doesn't like stats, why the fuck did the join Newgrounds?
But then, l stopped taking him seriously when l saw his news posts...you should take a look at this!
EVERYTHING is in caps, always insulting people etc.Pathetic.
And l thought l raged a bit too much...

It will always be like this until people stop throwing their Wii-motes at their flatscreen TVs. Or something.

Epic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:25:29

At 8/20/09 01:05 PM, HeavyTank wrote: If you don't like this system you can just STFU and GTFO.

Wait, wait, hold on. How many times I have seen you cry about not getting a medal? Take your own advice, kid.

Hypocrite.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:27:12

At 8/20/09 01:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah l was wondering the same thing...if he doesn't like stats, why the fuck did the join Newgrounds?

Because he hates it. Obviously, if you hate something, you don't avoid it, you immerse yourself in it. Like any other normal person. You put in a lot of effort, spend a lot of time, and never leave. Because you hate it.
*Snrrt.* Kid's a masochist, nothing more. Histrionic personality to boot, I'd bet my professional opinion on it.

But then, l stopped taking him seriously when l saw his news posts...you should take a look at this!

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Who wants to vote this kid as Chris Beer's brother?

That screenshot poorly typed over in red with mspaint is icing on the cake of lulz.

Epic

<3u2

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:27:13

Updated the file again.
Check that it says "v1.3" on the loading screen.

Go into the Medals window and try resending some medals.
The medals don't pop in-game at the moment, but will still be saved and appear in that window.

If it still crashes I deny responsibility.
I find it hard to believe that I installed the API wrongly on my 4th game.

On the other hand I'm incredibly happy that the saved games don't get deleted like on DeviantArt! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:31:16

At 8/20/09 01:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
Yeah l was wondering the same thing...if he doesn't like stats, why the fuck did the join Newgrounds?
And l thought l raged a bit too much...

And I thought I had issues :3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:31:16

At 8/20/09 01:25 PM, dave-mac-dave wrote:
Wait, wait, hold on. How many times I have seen you cry about not getting a medal? Take your own advice, kid.

You...you...actually...follow my whole posting history!OMFGZ FUCKING STALKER!

Hypocrite.

NO U.
Aas l said, l can't take him seriously...l complain because something doesn't work, and this is perfectly normal..he complains because I complain about a medal not working....and l am the hypocrite here.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:32:08

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND TRY MY MEDALS AGAIN

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:35:35

At 8/20/09 01:27 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Updated the file again.
Check that it says "v1.3" on the loading screen.

Go into the Medals window and try resending some medals.
The medals don't pop in-game at the moment, but will still be saved and appear in that window.

If it still crashes I deny responsibility.
I find it hard to believe that I installed the API wrongly on my 4th game.

On the other hand I'm incredibly happy that the saved games don't get deleted like on DeviantArt! :D

Still crashes. This might be a problem with the medals conflicting with the game or with the medal system ?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:36:40

At 8/20/09 01:32 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: EVERYONE SHUT UP AND TRY MY MEDALS AGAIN

Hahah, I fucking love you. Hah, eeeee. xD

One of the best authors ever, is insanely in-tune with us (even though we're all whores and we bitch every chance we get.)
And you just made me laugh. That earns you a box of awesome, honestly.

It's 1.3, let me see.. works for me!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:36:51

At 8/20/09 01:31 PM, HeavyTank wrote: You...you...actually...follow my whole posting history!OMFGZ FUCKING STALKER!

He had a crush on you heavytank, just kidding, it's a good news if matt finally figured out, i can't wait to play that game again, i was able to beat that gigantic cat on beta version so...
nah...that won't work, we can't blind another boss aside of that kitten's battle cart after all

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:40:06

It works for some people, it doesn't for others.
I have no idea how that can happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:41:19

At 8/20/09 01:40 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: It works for some people, it doesn't for others.

Probably a problem at my end... Gonna mess some Flash Settings ;/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:41:25

At 8/20/09 01:40 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: It works for some people, it doesn't for others.

The noob medal didn't work for me...as soon as l clicked it, TEH CRASH!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:49:23

Have a coffee, relax yourself and take some rest dude anyway thanks, you're the only author that care enough about us, pacdude and komix should have learned something from you matt
it's kind of scary if the medal system is out for public, imagine OCD+2 and lastman 3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 13:56:11

So stupid me decides that im going to start my vastion on clock day...DOH! missed out on 1 or 2 ranks there i am sure. Also 13 pages behind on this forum and a load of new medal games that i havent even opened yet! Catch up time can't commence yet due to me wanting to go blow things up with my 44 today and then drinking thru the weekend. I have missed you all and my completely useless opinions and semi-redundant advice on medals will return sunday!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 14:00:30

At 8/20/09 01:49 PM, Arthuria99 wrote: Have a coffee, relax yourself and take some rest dude anyway thanks, you're the only author that care enough about us, pacdude and komix should have learned something from you matt
it's kind of scary if the medal system is out for public, imagine OCD+2 and lastman 3

Yes l have to agree, if you work on the game too much you'll end up messing up your brain...we can resist another day or two.

The medal system is out for public?
Shit, l didn't know that..oh boy, dark times lie ahead of us...UNLESS Ng decides that it's time to have medal control mods, or bots, or official petitions...l dunno, something!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 14:07:49

I hope it never comes to public... Then all games will have medals and most of them would be bugged and never fixed...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-20 14:09:19

if i play 5 min. shootemup, or the golf course game, i get a "Notice" message saying i must be logged in to get medals, yet i am logged in?