00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,652 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 05:00:55

Ok...

Seed of bloody destruction

After spending about an hour messing around on the pancake mode... i still havent gotten any higher then 82... (average is getting higher but still.. i still require 18+ more kills in... 0 time!) i have tried multiple ways of doing this and am about to see how many units are actuly spawned... (to kill)... to see if the medal is in some way possible... (i know people have it, im not saying its impossible... but the fact is no one else can even get close to the 100 kills needed for the medal)... so im testing out a few things to see if they work or effect the amount of spawned units... if you have any ideas to things which might help... pm me or post in this thread...

Time to kill some peasants!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 05:40:53

At 5/22/09 05:00 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Ok...

Seed of bloody destruction

After spending about an hour messing around on the pancake mode... i still havent gotten any higher then 82... (average is getting higher but still.. i still require 18+ more kills in... 0 time!) i have tried multiple ways of doing this and am about to see how many units are actuly spawned... (to kill)... to see if the medal is in some way possible... (i know people have it, im not saying its impossible... but the fact is no one else can even get close to the 100 kills needed for the medal)... so im testing out a few things to see if they work or effect the amount of spawned units... if you have any ideas to things which might help... pm me or post in this thread...

Time to kill some peasants!

Well I was thinking that the further distance you travel to one direction (right in my case), the more pedestrants would show up. This didn't seem to be the case though, although I might not have tested it properly. But like Gooch said, I think it depends mostly on time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 06:25:03

At 5/22/09 05:40 AM, Auz wrote: Well I was thinking that the further distance you travel to one direction (right in my case), the more pedestrants would show up. This didn't seem to be the case though, although I might not have tested it properly. But like Gooch said, I think it depends mostly on time.

well you see it doesnt matter how FAR you travel... basicly as you move the screen to one side... depending on the time depends on how many are spawned... also i think if you dont kill them they are respawned thus meaning that more of them show up...

i counted them as i flew over (not stoping or hitting) and counted the 100th one with 24 seconds left to go... basicly... its either you need to kill them without slowing down... or some how manage to make or units to kill or more time somehow... i also tried to see if i could get one up in the air and do a combo :3 (seen as you can throw them up if you whip them underneath on the tip of the tail).... but nothing... but when i play again and kill them all one of at a time... i still find that im only getting 3500 points with 20 seconds left to go... also i tried bullrush whiping them... where you fly over a few speeding up with the arrow key then drive down and spin... (braking when required)... this gives your tail spin a much longer radius beacuse your still moving when you spin... athough it still gives you no where near as many points as you require 100 still... *grrr*... i might go play sonny 2 for a bit me thinks...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 09:07:27

first of all sorry for Double post...

Ok... after playing sperm rider for a while longer... trying out new things... and other ways... i still havent got any closer to the target of 100... i have tried pausing, waiting, spinning, ramming, skimming, combo's, speeding up and down, half spins, full spins, 8 spins, herding x2, screen rushing, changing difficulties on different screens and settings, restarting, reloading, flicking and yet... all i have is this...

can some one please tell me how the hell its possible?...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 09:13:14

At 5/22/09 09:07 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
first of all sorry for Double post...
Ok... after playing sperm rider for a while longer... trying out new things... and other ways... i still havent got any closer to the target of 100... i have tried pausing, waiting, spinning, ramming, skimming, combo's, speeding up and down, half spins, full spins, 8 spins, herding x2, screen rushing, changing difficulties on different screens and settings, restarting, reloading, flicking and yet... all i have is this...

WOW.
All I can get is somewhere in the 70's but I remember a guy when the game first came out that got 94 on his first try.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 09:24:28

At 5/22/09 09:13 AM, KingExodus wrote: WOW.
All I can get is somewhere in the 70's but I remember a guy when the game first came out that got 94 on his first try.

what the?... has the game been updated since it was released?.. if so that could be the problem...
im pritty sure i had to reload it once or twice as well... hmmm... i think we may have found a flaw...

on that note (i know its still a beta so trying things out here)...

all medals should be achivable... and if the game has been updated... the medals still have to be achiveable...

i cant honestly see anyone getting anywhere near 90 on that game unless they know something i dont... and to be honest, i think iv tried near enought everything i can think of... *ugh*

what do we all think about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:04:45

At 5/22/09 09:07 AM, LegolaSS wrote:

I dunno, play it on a reallllly crappy computer so the clock does 4x slower? There *MIGHT* be 100 civilians that spawn total... or maybe it's 90 one time and 110 the next... that's all I can think of.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:16:55

At 5/22/09 10:04 AM, Zerok wrote: I dunno, play it on a reallllly crappy computer so the clock does 4x slower? There *MIGHT* be 100 civilians that spawn total... or maybe it's 90 one time and 110 the next... that's all I can think of.

nah, im playing it on a crap computer... the time goes slower yes... but you also move slower... so it doesnt quiet work >.<....

an with the spawning of civilians... i dont think there is a total... really... its all about how quickly you can kill them and move along to the screen... they are spawned just outside of your viewing area... thus meaning untill you move along the screen, your more likely not to get as many spawned...

i dont know how the game is coded but im pritty sure that in its current state... the medal is impossble to achive... either add 10 seconds to the timer... or make more civilians...

also you cant change the difficulty... its set to medium and if you change it... it gets swapped back...

hmm...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:35:05

Hmmm, i think it ain't possible to get PEDESTRIAN DEVASTATION because i was trying it for 3 hours and didn't get over 90.
I saw that fleshlight got it,and by the way he had I AM LITERATE and I AM ILITERATE.
Pretty freaky if you ask me...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:37:54

At 5/22/09 10:35 AM, Misterioso wrote: Hmmm, i think it ain't possible to get PEDESTRIAN DEVASTATION because i was trying it for 3 hours and didn't get over 90.
I saw that fleshlight got it,and by the way he had I AM LITERATE and I AM ILITERATE.
Pretty freaky if you ask me...

i spent 2 hours trying to get the pedestrian medal this morning alone haha highest i got was 92. but it's a ridiculous medal. a few more tricks and should be able to get it. lmao

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:42:49

It would be really great if someone who got the medal put up instructions or a video so we mortals could try and get it to...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 10:43:34

first of all.... flesh light doesnt have both iliterate medals... NOR does he have the pancake medal...
LIFE has the pancake medal but not both iliterate medals...

and how are you able to get 92?.... say button for button what your doing... so i can get a better picture of how the game works... beacuse as it stands it doesnt seem phyicaly possible...

thats what jimmy kept saying... (this doesnt seem phyicaly possible!... ugh... ahhh)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 11:03:50

Damn, i had a final exam in 2 weeks from now on, i must go study and forget about collecting some medals, oh well.....i will try to catch up soon

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 11:15:34

At 5/22/09 10:35 AM, Misterioso wrote: I saw that fleshlight got it,and by the way he had I AM LITERATE and I AM ILITERATE.

I got both of them last night. I love not rushing into things and waiting for things to actually be posted about medals, then you'd stand a chance of getting them both.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 11:18:15

At 5/22/09 10:43 AM, LegolaSS wrote: first of all.... flesh light doesnt have both iliterate medals... NOR does he have the pancake medal...
LIFE has the pancake medal but not both iliterate medals...

and how are you able to get 92?.... say button for button what your doing... so i can get a better picture of how the game works... beacuse as it stands it doesnt seem phyicaly possible...

thats what jimmy kept saying... (this doesnt seem phyicaly possible!... ugh... ahhh)

well what i did was start facing down at a roughly 45 degree angle. then i speed up and try to bounce on as many civilians as i can. once the larger groups begin showing up i get to the middle of it and do the tail whip to kill all of them. then immediately switch directions which 75% of the time has another large group show up. i just repeated the direction swap and got 92 one time. the other times were in the 85-90 range for the most part. i'll keep you updated if i figure out easier ways

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 12:30:05

So is there anyone besides gdfsgdfg that has the pancake medal?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 12:51:18

Life has it but he's an undercover hacker.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 12:52:01

At 5/22/09 12:30 PM, STEM wrote: So is there anyone besides gdfsgdfg that has the pancake medal?

Life has it.

Also, someone said information was posted about how to get Literate and Illiterate both? Anyone have a link to such information?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 13:28:23

At 5/22/09 12:52 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/22/09 12:30 PM, STEM wrote: So is there anyone besides gdfsgdfg that has the pancake medal?
Life has it.

Also, someone said information was posted about how to get Literate and Illiterate both? Anyone have a link to such information?

Yea if you'd read through the past few pages, I've stated it a couple times.

If and if you haven't played the game yet, you can open two instances of the game at once, skip through the tutorial on one, let the tutorial run through on the other and you get both medals at the same time.

Voila. At least someone paid attention I see.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 13:35:43

I know this is old news but I just can't seem to get Fight in the Shade, that Arrow of Time medal where you have 20 arrows at once.

I mean, I got piercing homing arrows and I've done it on the hardest level. Even tested easier levels. It just can't get to 20.

Any ideas? The older posts don't have anything heppful and I really could use the 100 points (I suck at Doom and don't have the patience to beat Epic Battle Fantasy given its lack of saves, which hurts a lot in the ranking.)

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 13:56:49

At 5/22/09 01:35 PM, Kamikazetomato wrote:
Any ideas? )

get the turrets and then click like crazy basically

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 13:57:38

At 5/22/09 01:35 PM, Kamikazetomato wrote: I know this is old news but I just can't seem to get Fight in the Shade, that Arrow of Time medal where you have 20 arrows at once.

Look at my profile I have a walkthrough on there.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 14:06:41

I was bored and came up with this :

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 14:09:25

Is there any way to get the LITERAL medals,after youv'e already played it once and didn't get any of them?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 14:18:51

At 5/22/09 02:09 PM, Misterioso wrote: Is there any way to get the LITERAL medals,after youv'e already played it once and didn't get any of them?

No, unfortunatly not.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 14:24:15

No Congrats?
Screw you all.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 14:34:41

At 5/22/09 02:24 PM, KingExodus wrote: No Congrats?
Screw you all.

Congratu-fucking-lations.

Bread makes you FAT!?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 15:02:01

At 5/22/09 02:09 PM, Misterioso wrote: Is there any way to get the LITERAL medals,after youv'e already played it once and didn't get any of them?

Try a different computer, the game checks to see if you have ether of the medals, so if you don't have ether it might work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 15:02:40

Thanks guys. I totally had it on drag, not hold. God, I got it in like 3 seconds, lol.

But I guess that makes my slaying of the final boss in under 20 seconds marginally more impressive, given I spammed the dragging instead of just clicking.

Don't make fun of us because we look like eggs!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-05-22 15:49:17

At 5/22/09 01:28 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Voila. At least someone paid attention I see.

Yeah it was your post I saw a couple of pages ago so thanks for that man.

Also about people not reading pages, shame on you.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature