00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lundsfryd's showcase

94,889 Views | 486 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-03-29 09:10:07

At 3/29/10 09:00 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I really like Rhinoman. Now does this mean you have internet and you're back, or is this just another dump and go?

It's another dump-and-go Im affraid :C I still can't afford to buy a new computer.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-06-07 08:01:52

Right.. So I finally got around to makeing some cover art to go along with the promo-cd we pass around when asking for gigs. I got the idea from J-qb's Fashion Bear. So thanks for that one bro :P Crits appreciated, especially if somebody knows of a front that could replace the one used for the song titles, Im not very happy with it as it is.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-06-07 08:20:43

At 6/7/10 08:01 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Right.. So I finally got around to makeing some cover art to go along with the promo-cd we pass around when asking for gigs. I got the idea from J-qb's Fashion Bear. So thanks for that one bro :P

Your welcome
Crits appreciated, especially if somebody knows of a front that could replace the one used for the song titles, Im not very happy with it as it is.
birch std or onyx (small caps) could do the trick. Otherwise; some of these just scream blues.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-06-07 08:30:29

At 6/7/10 08:20 AM, J-qb wrote: Otherwise; some of these just scream blues.

Ahh.. Yes, they should do. Thanks, it seems like a pretty sweet site.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:14:39

Sooo.. Designschool is sweet.. No doubt, but some of the stuff we are being put through is a bit.. stiff.. For the last two weeks he have been working with basic composition. The following post will show how that is done around here. All of these are done by hand and took a ridicilus amount of time to make concidering what they are :P

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:24:38

asdf

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:25:40

Like the first, but slightly different..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:28:17

I rather like this one..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:37:40

I bet you hate rulers now.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:53:00

Those are both ridiculously simple and complicated. I'm fully surprised that you haven't beaten your head against the desk out of sheer boredom by now. However, I'm sure there's a perfectly decent explanation for putting you through all that drawing.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:54:51

Spaaaaaaaam

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 11:58:10

At 10/27/10 11:37 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I bet you hate rulers now.

That and rules. There where a very specific set of rules we had to follow.. But it graduatley got more and more loose as we went along.

At 10/27/10 11:53 AM, Lintire wrote: Those are both ridiculously simple and complicated. I'm fully surprised that you haven't beaten your head against the desk out of sheer boredom by now. However, I'm sure there's a perfectly decent explanation for putting you through all that drawing.

Well if I had been sitting home alone and done these then yes I would surely have bashed my own head in by now. But luckily I am sitting with some hillarious people and generaly have a real good time :)

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:00:13

will this ever end?

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:09:26

it will.. But not right now..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:22:48

I see you liike doing these. It's nice to let your mind relax with projects like these. They look good! The layering of the lines in some of these is where it gets iffy. Once it gets to 3 or 4 it gets too messy and busy. Try to do one on a larger scale, see how far you can go with it. Those are my two cents. :)

if you don't have anything interesting to say, don't say anything at all

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:30:24

At 10/27/10 12:22 PM, falz3333 wrote: I see you liike doing these. It's nice to let your mind relax with projects like these. They look good! The layering of the lines in some of these is where it gets iffy. Once it gets to 3 or 4 it gets too messy and busy. Try to do one on a larger scale, see how far you can go with it. Those are my two cents. :)

On some weird level it has been enjoyable, but I would never have done anything like this if it wasn't assigned to me. The spaceing between the lines could be better, but trust me, it is really, really hard to do. There are some girls who are insanely good at this though..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:32:28

Woops.. Wrong smiley on that last one. It should have been a happy one :P

Last one for now. The 4 respones per thread per half hour is killing me :P
Perhaps I need to upload this to the art portal. The original is quite large..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 12:50:18

these are great!!!
I love the cross hatching and abstract composition.

YOu should upload these to the art portal!!!
THey are good!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 13:00:41

At 10/27/10 12:50 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: these are great!!!
I love the cross hatching and abstract composition.

YOu should upload these to the art portal!!!
THey are good!

Thanks.. I might just do that. But for now I will just keep them here :)

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 15:05:38

At 10/27/10 12:32 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Last one for now. The 4 respones per thread per half hour is killing me :P
Perhaps I need to upload this to the art portal. The original is quite large..

I think you definitely need to upload this to the portal. My guess would be that you had to implement the striping very strictly initially which allowed you to put it to use in stuff like this one. They are so clever those teachers...

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-10-27 15:11:33

At 10/27/10 03:05 PM, J-qb wrote: I think you definitely need to upload this to the portal. My guess would be that you had to implement the striping very strictly initially which allowed you to put it to use in stuff like this one. They are so clever those teachers...

Yeah.. Scheming bastards.. Always with a secret agenda :P

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-03 11:30:08

Cubes and angry shaman-ish people..

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-03 11:34:29

This was made for an illustration class. The product was a cd-cover and the theme was frogs.

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-03 11:50:31

Seeing you post all this stuff is making me want to get in art school...

At 11/3/10 11:34 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: This was made for an illustration class. The product was a cd-cover and the theme was frogs.

I dont really like the fonts you used on this one, especially the yellow is a bit icky...
Also, herons are marvellous birds, you didnt really manage to capture that... hes a bit flat and all...
Also layoutwise, Im not too fond of this one, its a bit boring.

Cubes and shaman

this one is nice. I think you could have made the "grinding against his face" part more convincing if you had him bend his head away from the cubes, at the moment its like he is pushing his head against the cubes. Another thing that could help is if you changed his mouth a bit so that it is ( > shaped rather than ( ), as if he is pulling away from the cubes...

Sorry for being so harsh, but I know you can take it rite?

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-03 11:53:09

At 11/3/10 11:34 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: This was made for an illustration class. The product was a cd-cover and the theme was frogs.

I like it, would make a fine cd-cover, the !!'s ruin it though.

At 10/27/10 11:14 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Sooo.. All of these are done by hand and took a ridicilus amount of time to make concidering what they are :P

These things are pretty cool, the ones with one big circle are more interesting.

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-03 13:13:20

At 11/3/10 11:50 AM, J-qb wrote: Seeing you post all this stuff is making me want to get in art school...

It's a hell of a good time, but it is not art school, it's design ;)

I dont really like the fonts you used on this one, especially the yellow is a bit icky...

You are probably roght about that yeah..

Also, herons are marvellous birds, you didnt really manage to capture that... hes a bit flat and all...
Also layoutwise, Im not too fond of this one, its a bit boring.

Well, here is were we differ a bit. My first drawing was a very elegant and realistic heron - but it wasn't intersting enough, and it didn't emphazie that the heron was the bad guy in a proper way. So I decided to go typical danish "children's book style", and I think it works. And I think the pyramid composition is dynamic. But yeah, layoutwise it is kindda boring.

Cubes and shaman
this one is nice. I think you could have made the "grinding against his face" part more convincing if you had him bend his head away from the cubes, at the moment its like he is pushing his head against the cubes. Another thing that could help is if you changed his mouth a bit so that it is ( > shaped rather than ( ), as if he is pulling away from the cubes...

This is in reality the bastard child of a random drawing of a face I made and then a bunch of cubes and cylinders and stuff I had to draw for a class. The thought was more that the cubes were attacing them self to his face than hitting it. But I see what you mean. I could just change the title :P

Sorry for being so harsh, but I know you can take it rite?

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

At 11/3/10 11:53 AM, CloudEater wrote:
I like it, would make a fine cd-cover, the !!'s ruin it though.

It is a bit too plain, like J-qb mentioned. But I do rather like it. You are right about the !!-signs. They don't work..

At 10/27/10 11:14 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Sooo.. All of these are done by hand and took a ridicilus amount of time to make concidering what they are :P
These things are pretty cool, the ones with one big circle are more interesting.

I like the tree tall ones the most. But yeah, othervise the ones with big circles work best..

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-04 14:26:17

New stuff :)

Portal

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-04 14:36:04

This may also be of interest of somebody..

Lundsfryd's showcase

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-04 14:42:15

At 11/4/10 02:26 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: New stuff :)
Portal

Woah man! this is beautiful, medium/s? The stuff you come up with is quite fascinating. Also I just realised that most of those pattern things have large circles.

5am 5am 5am 5am 5am :S!!

Response to Lundsfryd's showcase 2010-11-04 14:48:29

At 11/4/10 02:42 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 11/4/10 02:26 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: New stuff :)
Woah man! this is beautiful, medium/s? The stuff you come up with is quite fascinating. Also I just realised that most of those pattern things have large circles.

Thanks dude :)
Pencils for the robot, and eccoline color for the bg, and of course photoshop for the niceness..

nilfisk

BBS Signature