Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 895,703 Views
  • 35,893 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 9/22/12 01:05 PM, Step wrote: The requirements are that you need to have professional-grade qualifications in music, be at least a few years older than me and you know a thing or two about orchestral music.

So did you try actually asking people for whom you know this to be the case yet? DavidOrr, MaestroRage, sorohanro, Zstriefel, NickPerrin, RampantMusik, Breed?

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 9/22/12 01:17 PM, camoshark wrote: Erm, I'm a working musician of sorts? Didn't I propose myself last time we talked?

In any case, just log on to MSN if you'd like to have me, or just let me know if you'd like someone else.

OK that would be awesome. I wasn't sure if you wanted to but since you do then I'll talk to you about it later.

Thanks!


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:09 PM Reply

This project wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the WISE program?

It's self-study where you have to learn about something, make a journal, and do a big presentation at the end... I signed up to do one this year.


My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 9/22/12 01:05 PM, Step wrote: School project. Halp

Oh I had to do something similar. I also chose to write a song and I sought the help of a music teacher working in my school. We talked once and I never saw his face again. I still passed with a good grade even though he basically didn't do shit.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:35 PM Reply

I observe and observe and now I know how to use famitracker and even have some things down. I can do it, I know I can. But....I just stare at it. I open it up and I create ONE instrument and get intimidated and leave. I then look at the sample songs that came with it, so many instruments, so many numbers, ugh.

How would I get started? I need to plan, I need to come up with a beat, a rhythm, but how? It's so intimidating, how do you guys do it? Like, I hear the song in my head already, I know what its suppose to sound like, but I cant get it, theres so much "acrobatics" I have to do. Maybe i'll keep looking at tutorials, or try to figure out a way not to be so vague.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:16 PM Reply

I feel like I need to watch another artist at work. I need to observe them, observing their track isn't enough, I need to see their creative process, how they lay down their patterns and instruments.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 9/22/12 02:09 PM, samulis wrote: This project wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the WISE program?

It's self-study where you have to learn about something, make a journal, and do a big presentation at the end... I signed up to do one this year.

Nah this is a school project. It's a really stupid idea that's being forced among all the students and has tonnes of unnecessary and limiting rules. I may have to post some questionnaires up in the Audio Forum soon too for the project.

At 9/22/12 03:03 PM, Braiton wrote: Oh I had to do something similar. I also chose to write a song and I sought the help of a music teacher working in my school. We talked once and I never saw his face again. I still passed with a good grade even though he basically didn't do shit.

Yeah I don't need to seek apprenticeship. I've made like 150 songs, loops and unfinished ideas in the past on my own. Does the education board really think that the people who choose the arts project aren't artistic enough to be able to work on an arts project on their own? :(

Anyway thankfully I managed to get permission to do stuff like interviews/questionnaires and seek apprenticeship online though, because I sure as hell won't find a musician who does something similar to what I do to seek apprenticeship with here in Malta.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 9/22/12 05:18 PM, Step wrote: Yeah I don't need to seek apprenticeship. I've made like 150 songs, loops and unfinished ideas in the past on my own. Does the education board really think that the people who choose the arts project aren't artistic enough to be able to work on an arts project on their own? :(

I feel like the whole apprenticeship deal is meant to be a major part of your project. No matter how good you may be, and you're certainly very good, you can always at least learn something from someone else who has experience.

Without that criteria the project would just end up being another exercise in something you have down as rote already anyway, and wouldn't serve much to help you learn and grow.

Anyway, I have nothing to do with this, so don't mind me.


(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 9/22/12 05:18 PM, Step wrote: Yeah I don't need to seek apprenticeship. I've made like 150 songs, loops and unfinished ideas in the past on my own. Does the education board really think that the people who choose the arts project aren't artistic enough to be able to work on an arts project on their own? :(

LOL @ young people who think they know everything

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:50 AM Reply

At 9/23/12 12:04 AM, The-iMortal wrote: LOL @ young people who think they know everything

LOL @ old people who think they are superior

This will be awkward if you're younger than me...

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:13 AM Reply

Hey Step.
If you don't find anyone suitable then I'd be happy to lend you a hand.

It's not my day-job (literally 2 weeks of education left) but I've made a few grand doing music and related projects.
So... Yeah, if you need someone and nobody else is available, send me a PM. :)


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 9/23/12 12:04 AM, The-iMortal wrote: LOL @ young people who think they know everything

I don't. I'm actually a relatively big noob at a lot of music stuff.

At 9/22/12 10:37 PM, SuperBastard wrote: I feel like the whole apprenticeship deal is meant to be a major part of your project. No matter how good you may be, and you're certainly very good, you can always at least learn something from someone else who has experience.

Without that criteria the project would just end up being another exercise in something you have down as rote already anyway, and wouldn't serve much to help you learn and grow.

You're very much correct and I'm sure seeking apprenticeship is able to allow me to learn new stuff I've never learnt before. But I don't want to learn anything or improve in this project. I don't care about this school project and just want to get it over with since it's for a subject that was forced upon me and all other students anyway. I want to get a good mark in it making something I already KNOW how to do, instead of risk making something new that may or may not work, especially when I have a tonne of other music projects and schoolwork to do. If I wanted to expand my horizons I'd do it in my own time with research, asking stuff over here, etc... not in a setting where I have to write journals and interview people on everything I do.

Anyway I've always been giving my works in progresses to musician friends of mine who have far more experience and are far better than me at music, and got all the feedback I can ask for; in turn they give me their WiPs for my feedback too. And I post my music here in the Audio Portal, getting reviews and learning new techniques and learning from my mistakes from those reviews. So essentially I've never been doing it on my own, and the mentor thing is just added stress.

At 9/23/12 02:13 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Hey Step.
If you don't find anyone suitable then I'd be happy to lend you a hand.

It's not my day-job (literally 2 weeks of education left) but I've made a few grand doing music and related projects.
So... Yeah, if you need someone and nobody else is available, send me a PM. :)

Thanks a lot for the offer dude. Camoshark's already helping out, but I need to find people to interview too. Do you think I can PM you interviewing you about music? Which subject of music do you know best? (composition, synthesis, etc...)


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 9/23/12 12:50 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 9/23/12 12:04 AM, The-iMortal wrote: LOL @ young people who think they know everything
LOL @ old people who think they are superior

This will be awkward if you're younger than me...

Yeah, I'm 18...

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:43 AM Reply

Step, if you want an interesting interview, you should try me when I am tanked lol

ApocalyptiChicken
ApocalyptiChicken
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:12 AM Reply

OHAI everybody!
just a heads up, i'm 14 and i guess i'm an amateur musician and resident electroholic...
gonna be working on some small projects in the next 6 months, so all support is greatly appreciated...
This message is approved by me.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:12 AM, ApocalyptiChicken wrote: OHAI everybody!
just a heads up, i'm 14 and i guess i'm an amateur musician and resident electroholic...
gonna be working on some small projects in the next 6 months, so all support is greatly appreciated...
This message is approved by me.

I don't think it's approved by the mods.
:(

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:40 AM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:21 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/23/12 05:12 AM, ApocalyptiChicken wrote: OHAI everybody!
just a heads up, i'm 14 and i guess i'm an amateur musician and resident electroholic...
gonna be working on some small projects in the next 6 months, so all support is greatly appreciated...
This message is approved by me.
I don't think it's approved by the mods.
(

Nah it's okay, he didn't advertise any of his songs, he just introduced himself.

Welcome to the team, bud!


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:40 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Nah it's okay, he didn't advertise any of his songs, he just introduced himself.

Welcome to the team, bud!

Nice guy Booze - doesn't act like a dickface to newcomers and actually welcomes them into this shithole

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 03:59 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/23/12 05:40 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Nah it's okay, he didn't advertise any of his songs, he just introduced himself.

Welcome to the team, bud!
Nice guy Booze - doesn't act like a dickface to newcomers and actually welcomes them into this shithole

it's not just an ordinary shithole.
it's a crowded shithole.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 04:10 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
it's not just an ordinary shithole.
it's a crowded shithole.

This place has a charm to it, definitely. It's full of kind people.

Wuv ya, guises :3

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 04:17 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/23/12 04:10 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
it's not just an ordinary shithole.
it's a crowded shithole.
This place has a charm to it, definitely. It's full of kind people.

Wuv ya, guises :3

Fuck you I'm mean yeaah.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 04:17 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/23/12 04:10 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
it's not just an ordinary shithole.
it's a crowded shithole.
This place has a charm to it, definitely. It's full of kind people.

Wuv ya, guises :3

love you too handsome

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

gay


lel

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Sudden realisation

With enough imagination, one of the support ads sorta finishes off the tip of the Madness guy's beard.

The Audio Forum Lounge


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 04:46 PM, Step wrote: Sudden realisation

With enough imagination, one of the support ads sorta finishes off the tip of the Madness guy's beard.

That is one long tip.

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 04:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/23/12 04:46 PM, Step wrote: Sudden realisation

With enough imagination, one of the support ads sorta finishes off the tip of the Madness guy's beard.
That is one long tip.

das what she said!

as I stabbed her repeatedly >:C

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:35 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:25 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
as I stabbed her repeatedly >:C

OMG it's Chuck the Killer!

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:35 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 9/23/12 05:25 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
as I stabbed her repeatedly >:C
OMG it's Chuck the Killer!

that's mister Chuckles the Killer to you.

So anybody seen these amsta ads yet? They're totally fee to play. At least they're honest about it, probably cost you a fortune.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 05:25 PM, MaestroRage wrote: *confirms that he exists*

oh hey.

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 07:07 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 9/23/12 05:25 PM, MaestroRage wrote: *confirms that he exists*
oh hey.

yeah i'm totally a thing now. I mean it was all fine and dandy not existing for a while but then it gets boring not existing y'know? Time to put on the 'ol existacloak and socks and off I was.