00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,789,348 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-12 23:39:18

At 2/12/13 11:32 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 2/12/13 11:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 2/12/13 11:10 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Who wants cookies and icecream??
Yes please!
Actually, I fucked up. We only have icecream.

I can live with that... I like ice cream just as much as I like cookies.

Also... forum reply notifications are finally working for me it seems... thanks Liljim/Goldfish/whoeverfixedme.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-12 23:47:25

you guys are weird.

also.

i found the courage to talk to the girl i've been crushin on.

we've only been in social interactions since the last couple weeks, but never really spoke yet.

we only exchanged like... 6 words haha

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 00:03:42

OH yeah, i'm playing a full chip music set tomorrow night in melbourne and i think i'll meet jarrydn but i'm not entirely sure
nerves nerves nerves
but even if my set bombs (it probably won't!) the rest of the weekend will be amazing

i will try and get someone to film it or something. maybe. hah!

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 00:08:32

At 2/13/13 12:03 AM, midimachine wrote: OH yeah, i'm playing a full chip music set tomorrow night in melbourne and i think i'll meet jarrydn but i'm not entirely sure
nerves nerves nerves
but even if my set bombs (it probably won't!) the rest of the weekend will be amazing

throw down get wild to some 8bit yea.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 00:19:22

At 2/12/13 11:39 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Also... forum reply notifications are finally working for me it seems... thanks Liljim/Goldfish/whoeverfixedme.

I don't get any notifications...

Last month I broke my violin (I suck at violin and it's a shit violin, so I don't care in the least) and decided it was a good opportunity to replace the nakajiru's karakui on my sanshin. (... The middle string's tuning peg)

First, I had to pull out the broken karakui that was stuck in there. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull it out, but it kept breaking off so I pushed it out carefully from the other side using the back end of the plier handle (in order to make sure I didn't break the uujiru I took it out before doing this). I took a tuning peg from the violin and whittled it in a tapering fashion to fit in my sanshin (I did this with an unnecessarily large hunting knife). After a while of getting shavings all over my bed (I'm a dumbass) I shoved that bitch in that there sanshin and strung 'er up good. Now I can play all the strings!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 06:39:30

At 2/13/13 12:03 AM, midimachine wrote: OH yeah, i'm playing a full chip music set tomorrow night in melbourne and i think i'll meet jarrydn but i'm not entirely sure
nerves nerves nerves

Oh yes, chiptunes!11

Try to at least record the audio & share it with us!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 15:51:00

nerves nerves nerves

hey dude i was going to leave my camera gear at home, but i can bring my little HD sony action cam and Tascam recorder if you like? also im going to be bumming around till like monday, so if you have the time we should hang out and do each other's hair or something? ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 17:13:48

people totally copied off of my idea (harlem shake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-2hAllye4

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 17:54:35

At 2/13/13 05:13 PM, Sequenced wrote: people totally copied off of my idea (harlem shake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-2hAllye4

maybe they didn't copy your idea, maybe they just did it instead of sitting around thinking about it? ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 18:00:04

Harlem Shake

That is totally gonna be this year's Gangnam Style

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 18:04:22

At 2/13/13 06:00 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Harlem Shake

That is totally gonna be this year's Gangnam Style

.. and Trap will become the new Dubstep! <3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 18:05:29

At 2/13/13 06:04 PM, wandschrank wrote:

You mean the new Skrillex? :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-13 18:12:11

At 2/13/13 06:05 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 2/13/13 06:04 PM, wandschrank wrote:
You mean the new Skrillex? :P

Basically yes: The new hyped genre that gets commercialized until it sounds very boring. I can't wait for Trap with catchy female vocals!!

.. and then Dubstep can be underground & cool again!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 01:15:45

At 2/13/13 11:15 PM, Chrausner wrote:
At 2/13/13 06:12 PM, wandschrank wrote:
Basically yes: The new hyped genre that gets commercialized until it sounds very boring. I can't wait for Trap with catchy female vocals!!
Trap? Am I missing something?

Hip-Hip with a dubstep vibe. At least that's how I interpret it.

Also I'm extremely hungover. And I feel guilty for laughing at my friends while they were puking.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 02:35:26

Trap? Am I missing something?
Hip-Hip with a dubstep vibe. At least that's how I interpret it.

Also I'm extremely hungover. And I feel guilty for laughing at my friends while they were puking.

Basically yes, but the voals are mostly sampled and altered in some way, there are no longer lyrics. It's like hiphop, but without the main vocals. And don't forget those 808 snares.

You can see it as a mixture of hiphop, dubstep & dub, therefore it's very bass heavy.

.. Genrewhore strikes again.

Anyhow, why should you feel guilty? Watching others puke can be quite amusing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 03:18:08

At 2/14/13 12:48 AM, Braiton wrote: I love traps.

Who doesn't?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 03:21:41

At 2/14/13 03:18 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 2/14/13 12:48 AM, Braiton wrote: I love traps.
Who doesn't?

I don't know if he does.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 13:57:31

My god. Why does life have to be so busy. So how many cock jokes have I missed?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 17:00:24

I opened a new NG chat. Maybe you guys could come over here and chill out? We have a completely different kind of atmosphere, and the design is pretty cool too.

http://ng-chat.com/

Monstercats (AudioMachina22) alternate account

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:09:54

A couple of days ago, I tried making an epic piano piece but I got distracted and recreated the bassline and melody from Two Door Cinema Club's "What You Know".

goes to show that how easily it is for me to get sidetracked

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:22:12

Bad mood

I'm in a really pissy mood guys, and I'd appreciate it if I could get some songs that I can rage to. Not rage as in flail my arms and go mad or anything, but songs that are just really chaotic and can kind of...embody my rage at this moment. Does that make any sense? I hope you know what I mean. The only song that's really doing it for me is Feed Me's "Trapdoor" featuring Hadouken!. That's been my go-to song for when I get pissed off for a long time, but I need something new. I'd prefer it if the songs were dubstep, drumstep, or anything along those lines, but I'm not choosy at this moment. I could go for anything, long as it stops me from punching holes in my walls.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:25:57

At 2/14/13 08:22 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I could go for anything, long as it stops me from punching holes in my walls.

I think punching holes in your walls would work better to alleviate the anger... you should also film it and share after you do so.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:27:25

At 2/14/13 08:25 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 2/14/13 08:22 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I could go for anything, long as it stops me from punching holes in my walls.
I think punching holes in your walls would work better to alleviate the anger... you should also film it and share after you do so.

I'd rather not have to pay to get that shit repaired later on, if you don't mind. I don't think punching walls is exactly beneficial towards your health either.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:29:05

At 2/14/13 08:27 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I'd rather not have to pay to get that shit repaired later on, if you don't mind. I don't think punching walls is exactly beneficial towards your health either.

Who said anything about repairs or health? I just think it'd be amusing to watch.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:35:08

At 2/14/13 08:29 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 2/14/13 08:27 PM, ToxInjection wrote: I'd rather not have to pay to get that shit repaired later on, if you don't mind. I don't think punching walls is exactly beneficial towards your health either.
Who said anything about repairs or health? I just think it'd be amusing to watch.

You people can come over to my house and punch some holes in the walls if you like. I've already got a new home to move to and my current one will be demolished 22 february.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:36:52

At 2/14/13 08:35 PM, SourJovis wrote: You people can come over to my house and punch some holes in the walls if you like. I've already got a new home to move to and my current one will be demolished 22 february.

That would involve leaving the house though.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:37:02

Also the walls are very thin and soft so it won't be bad for your health (unless you hit an electricity cable)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:38:02

At 2/14/13 08:22 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Bad mood

Broken Note's The Fury. It's not really what you're looking for, but damn those breaks adsdadouasd

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 20:39:17

At 2/14/13 08:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: That would involve leaving the house though.

Yeah... But I can at least leave it with a bang!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-14 21:08:18

At 2/14/13 08:38 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 2/14/13 08:22 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Bad mood
Broken Note's The Fury. It's not really what you're looking for, but damn those breaks adsdadouasd

It's absolutely wonderful. Thank you.