Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,178,953 Views
  • 37,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-08 10:35:32 Reply

Having a hard time deciding whether I should or shouldn't change my alias, again...for the hundredth time.

What will I tell my huge following of 12 fans? Don't want to leave them behind y'know? What would my new alias be? So many questions!

WHAT DO?!


lol fuk u

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-08 11:40:27 Reply

At 8/8/12 11:35 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: Has anyone ever tried producing music with a laptop that contains less than 0.4 GB of RAM? It's fucking annoying to make music on such laptops. The CPU bar just fills up when you click play, and it keeps on lagging until you pause/stop it.

Yes, I too hate making music on laptops from 1996.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-08 11:44:42 Reply

At 8/8/12 11:35 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: Has anyone ever tried producing music with a laptop that contains less than 0.4 GB of RAM? It's fucking annoying to make music on such laptops. The CPU bar just fills up when you click play, and it keeps on lagging until you pause/stop it.

Try doing that on a netbook and not beating the shit out of it.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-08 15:42:10 Reply

Tesla Coil

Hey guys. Ive been gone for a while. Anyway, I'm experimenting with programming synthesizers and engineering sound across many categories. My friend created his own tesla coil, so I studied it and learned it produces a type of square wave. Then I thought to myself, "I FUCKING LOVE SQUARE WAVES" So I plugged it into a controlled and started making music.

Next month when I meet up with him again at a monthly engineering meeting, we are going to plug it into a synthesizer and start making music with lightning. Man this is going to be awesome.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-08 19:06:37 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:42 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Next month when I meet up with him again at a monthly engineering meeting, we are going to plug it into a synthesizer and start making music with lightning. Man this is going to be awesome.

Video tape it. I want to see that.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 00:06:04 Reply

Video tape it. I want to see that.

I have this so far, it was difficult to do anything cool because my controller could only control the Pulse Width and Frequency, limiting what I could do severely. Now that I have figured out how to actually use a keyboard as a controller, everything should be really awesome next time. I will test it out at the end of this month when all of us crazy nerds get together again. I am planning on making some really cool synths using ACE VST (Any Cable Everywhere) and FM8, using Garageband as a sequencer.

http://youtu.be/iUcl_7NW3Uw

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 00:10:20 Reply

Oh, and that lead voice is my friend Alex.

WONT YOU TAKE ME TO, FUNKY TOWN.
HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 01:50:32 Reply

At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
http://youtu.be/iUcl_7NW3Uw

That was awesome!


lol fuk u

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 03:55:35 Reply

At 8/8/12 10:35 AM, HyperTrough wrote: Having a hard time deciding whether I should or shouldn't change my alias, again...for the hundredth time.

What will I tell my huge following of 12 fans? Don't want to leave them behind y'know? What would my new alias be? So many questions!

WHAT DO?!

Don't change your alias, I like you name ;)

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 05:00:24 Reply

At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: http://youtu.be/iUcl_7NW3Uw

That'd be awesome for a live performance for the novelty.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 08:42:15 Reply

At 8/9/12 05:00 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: http://youtu.be/iUcl_7NW3Uw
That'd be awesome for a live performance for the novelty.

One step closer towards world domination.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 09:00:34 Reply

At 8/9/12 12:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: http://youtu.be/iUcl_7NW3Uw

I keep seeing dead people... aside from that, very cool.

At 8/9/12 08:42 AM, Braiton wrote: One step closer towards world domination.

One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Which is funny cause it's true... Suffering from severe sleep deprivation right now... think I might go sleep now before FKWAJP's dead people come for me.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 09:35:44 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:00 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Linkin Park, awesome song.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 15:08:53 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:35 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:00 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!
Linkin Park, awesome song.

Lol. Maybe I can convert that to MIDI and play it hahaha. Thanks for your comments guys, I will post a video next time which will be much more detailed and have actual synths.

so uhh

What did I miss on the last 100 pages?

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 15:36:35 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: so uhh

What did I miss on the last 100 pages?

LaForge is no longer with us, hence the 30 pages missing. Also lots of cocks


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 15:59:33 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:36 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/9/12 03:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: so uhh

What did I miss on the last 100 pages?
LaForge is no longer with us, hence the 30 pages missing. Also lots of cocks

wait wut? Did he say why?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 16:02:08 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:59 PM, MaestroRage wrote: wait wut? Did he say why?

Yes.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 16:03:48 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:59 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 8/9/12 03:36 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 8/9/12 03:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: so uhh

What did I miss on the last 100 pages?
LaForge is no longer with us, hence the 30 pages missing. Also lots of cocks
wait wut? Did he say why?

He was tired of the staff doing nothing about the AP.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 16:22:45 Reply

At 8/9/12 04:03 PM, FairSquare wrote: He was tired of the staff doing nothing about the AP.

yeah, though when I got tired of that I simply stepped down from modship. Account deletion seems pretty over the top. Ah well his choice I guess.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 16:26:11 Reply

At 8/9/12 04:22 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 8/9/12 04:03 PM, FairSquare wrote: He was tired of the staff doing nothing about the AP.
yeah, though when I got tired of that I simply stepped down from modship. Account deletion seems pretty over the top. Ah well his choice I guess.

He lashed out against Chronamut and generally went full drama as far as I could see. People are very different.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 18:15:24 Reply

He lashed out against Chronamut and generally went full drama as far as I could see. People are very different.

Thats a real shame. The AP may be fucked up, but the community is still strong. There are many many oppurtunnities on this site. RIP LAFROG

LaForge will always be in my dreams, holding me tightly in my bed.
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 18:17:08 Reply

At 8/9/12 06:15 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
LaForge will always be in my dreams, holding me tightly in my bed.

With gaffer tape and ropes.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 19:19:58 Reply

At 8/9/12 06:17 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 8/9/12 06:15 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
LaForge will always be in my dreams, holding me tightly in my bed.
With gaffer tape and ropes.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... Oh yeah.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 19:42:15 Reply

How long before the conversation deviates to penises?

pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 21:02:52 Reply

WOW!

I have no idea who anybody is here these days...crivens, i'm getting old. Hi to all you people who genuinely contribute to this great forum, unfortunately real life has distracted me for.....christ....three years. I tend to only get on here when RL stands still, i'm interested in listening to the best NG offers these days, but only in the sort of areas i work in. Any brits or mancs who have joined, i'd love to hear your shizz, pm me some tracks. To update me on some stuff in general, who's still posting, who's the best musician, does PX9 still dominate shit for no reason and who has some success stories to share. I won't frequent here much, PM's are best to keep me updated, if you want a review, pm me, i'll sort it out. Hope you're all well here and where the fuck is Rucklo?


Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 21:31:14 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:15 PM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:02 PM, pitbulljones wrote: does PX9 still dominate shit for no reason?
Fuck him. He barely submits shit. I'm seeing a lot of Waterflame's tracks in the AP nowadays, and there are musicians that are better than him, so no; PX9 doesn't really dominate anymore, except for the High Ranking Classics.

the PX9 era is over

There were musicians better than him many years ago but it didn't count for shit, but it's good to know it's been knocked down a level or two! I'll check waterflame out, but if it's more of the same i'll be quickly tuned off. Could you possibly refer me to some of the more innovative and atmopsheric musicians these days?


Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 21:56:17 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:31 PM, pitbulljones wrote: There were musicians better than him many years ago but it didn't count for shit, but it's good to know it's been knocked down a level or two! I'll check waterflame out, but if it's more of the same i'll be quickly tuned off. Could you possibly refer me to some of the more innovative and atmopsheric musicians these days?

http://buoy.newgrounds.com/audio/


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 22:00:05 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:56 PM, FairSquare wrote: http://buoy.newgrounds.com/audio/

who is this madman!!!!!!!


Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 23:25:13 Reply

At 8/9/12 10:00 PM, pitbulljones wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:56 PM, FairSquare wrote: http://buoy.newgrounds.com/audio/
who is this madman!!!!!!!

he used to be SBB, sup pitbull

and thanks Fairsquare!

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-08-09 23:58:23 Reply

Woo! Completed my tax return the other day, and received a grand just today.