00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,228 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 20:52:37

At 12/18/12 08:50 PM, sweet21 wrote: I put a har on my icon. I win! Wheeeeeeee.

HAT. The word I was looking for was HAT. But if you can find a way for har to sound suitable then continue using har. har har har....
Like a kitten with yarn she will- OH GOD STOP HITTING ME!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 22:29:37

So I thought I'd take a stroll in the Politics forum...

I love how nobody ever wins or loses an argument over there...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 22:36:54

Omnisphere

It's finally here, it's installed (All 6 dual layer DVDs of it), and I've done some playing with it.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome it is. Worth every penny. And I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 23:10:24

At 12/18/12 10:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Omnisphere

It's finally here, it's installed (All 6 dual layer DVDs of it), and I've done some playing with it.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome it is. Worth every penny. And I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Can't wait to hear what you come up with as a result! :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 23:45:04

At 12/18/12 10:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Omnisphere

We are so collabing soon.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 00:37:31

"Ahhh, should be able to finish this project off today."

Spend the day polishing the mix. Spend about an hour or two mastering. Export. Import to iTunes library.

"Mmm, nice bass, nice tone. Oooh, let's crosscheck with headphones."

Plug headphones in. Hit play.

"FUCK SHIT AND DAMNIT!!!!"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 03:48:46

At 12/18/12 04:37 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 12/18/12 06:14 AM, Quarl wrote:
... actually I haven't made it common knowledge yet. I'm going the gender reassignment route. I'm open to discussion about it but I figure I'll just post info as people ask for it. I
people who cross dress as a "joke" are the ones who always end up doing this shit lol

Actually the people that always end up doing it are older men in their 50s that didn't transition when they were younger. Some have families. Some are divorced. Some are kids that came to the conclusion at a much younger age. Some trans have supporting family while others are ostracized by their surroundings. Some don't speak an ounce of english but still find the resources they need. I read a statistic recently that said "around 90% of transexuals are impoverished and homeless. I'm not sure if that's just Oakland or what. EVERY trans individual has a unique experience and seeing as how you've probably never been to a trans support group I'll ask you never to make such a stupid ass uninformed statement again. Curious, how many transexuals do you know? Two?

me and echoz?

I went to a support group recently and was shocked at how sad depressed and miserable everyone was. They were all older male to female trans; as I said, in their mid fifties. You can't, nor should you live with repressed emotions like that. The few trans individuals I've met that were my own age were way different. They happened to be incredibly happy and proud of their lives and their decisions. It was echoz that said to me a while back "I didn't want to be transitioning in my mid 50s/ later in life." After seeing first hand what that looks like, I realized that I'm not going to keep my feelings to myself anymore. I'm never happier than when I get the chance to be myself.

Doing it as a joke? That's one way of saying I was feeling a little insecure. I might have been parading it as a joke but don't you dare assume that all trans individuals are like me. Most are sad. I'm incredibly happy about being trans. I only wish others have had as "positive" of an experience as I've had. Let it be known, it's only been positive these last few years. I fucking hated myself growing up.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 04:59:25

At 12/19/12 03:48 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/18/12 04:37 PM, jpbear wrote: people who cross dress as a "joke" are the ones who always end up doing this shit lol
I went to a support group recently and was shocked at how sad depressed and miserable everyone was.

A staggering 41 percent of transgender people in the United States have attempted to commit suicide

That's 2 in 5 people.

I think it's safe to assume that a significant amount of people who tend to "jokingly" cross-dress and whatnot are trying to make themselves a bit happier while concealing the deep sadness and stress within.

I think the above number would be much lower if there weren't the massive prejudice from everywhere and if governments around the world made no big fuss about providing the right treatment.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 10:43:22

At 12/18/12 08:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
I then checked out Highway Thirteen - that doesn't sound too heavy in the sub. Still some good bass though.

love the track too much, perfect example of the "not too loud" type of track.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 11:01:37

Is anyone around NYC on Saturday night? I'm going to a rave at Webster hall...

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 11:03:15

At 12/19/12 04:59 AM, Mich wrote:
I think the above number would be much lower if there weren't the massive prejudice from everywhere and if governments around the world made no big fuss about providing the right treatment.

We've been over this before, my ONLY problem with transgender and gender changed people is that they have to get an operation done. I think it far over steps the bounds of what a doctor should be able to do on a medical level, and it sure as hell should not be covered publicly (just like abortions shouldnt either and other operations)

another thing i have a problem with is (I forget the stat) but that a significant amount end up going back and getting more operations after changing.

At 12/19/12 03:48 AM, Quarl wrote:
me and echoz?

yep, but not too cool with either of ya. But i really have no problem with people with non-conventional gender identities, one of my best friends has been a lesbian since birth essentially.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 22:59:59

7 more hours until the international dateline hits 12 AM Dec 21.

What are YOU going to do for your final 7 hours?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:02:33

At 12/19/12 10:59 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: 7 more hours until the international dateline hits 12 AM Dec 21.

What are YOU going to do for your final 7 hours?

I'm gonna take up an old hobby...

Pic relevant.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:05:18

At 12/19/12 11:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Anime marathon? :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:07:59

At 12/19/12 11:05 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/19/12 11:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Anime marathon? :P

Sure... let's go with that...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 02:30:40

SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLEZ GUIZES BUT IT SEEMS DAT DEY FOUND A NEW MAYAN CALANDER AND DIS ONE SAYS WE HAS LYK 6000 MOAR YEARS LOL LMAO #YOLO EVERYBODY SO MAD SSHHH NO MORE TEARS, ONLY NEW MAYAN CALENDAR.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandt hecaribbean/guatemala/9259069/The-world-may-not-end-soon-pre dicts-newly-found-Mayan-calendar.html

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 03:00:36

At 12/20/12 02:30 AM, MaestroRage wrote: SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLEZ GUIZES BUT IT SEEMS DAT DEY FOUND A NEW MAYAN CALANDER AND DIS ONE SAYS WE HAS LYK 6000 MOAR YEARS

600 years... did you even read the article? Do you even lift? FUCK!

This means that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren may live through the end of the world...

Saying that makes me realise how short our life spans are...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 03:05:06

Yeah they discovered another set hieroglyphics in Guatemala explaining the Mayan Calendar, this is the message they left behind about 12.21.12

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 03:12:56

At 12/20/12 03:00 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/20/12 02:30 AM, MaestroRage wrote: SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLEZ GUIZES BUT IT SEEMS DAT DEY FOUND A NEW MAYAN CALANDER AND DIS ONE SAYS WE HAS LYK 6000 MOAR YEARS
600 years... did you even read the article? Do you even lift? FUCK!

This means that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren may live through the end of the world...

Saying that makes me realise how short our life spans are...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I DON'T READ ARTICLES I STARE THEM DOWN UNTIL THEY TELL ME WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.

In either case I spread this link around everywhere so that all my friends who are having end of the world parties on Friday will know deep down their parties are a lie. IT'S ALL A RUSE TO HOOK UP AND GET WASTED AND NOW THEY KNOW IT!

consequences will be had for actions held that day, for they will not disappear tomorrow >:3!!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 09:26:48

At 12/19/12 11:03 AM, jpbear wrote:
We've been over this before, my ONLY problem with transgender and gender changed people is that they have to get an operation done. I think it far over steps the bounds of what a doctor should be able to do on a medical level, and it sure as hell should not be covered publicly (just like abortions shouldnt either and other operations)

I've woken up in a hospital twice. I did NOT want to be there. If it wasn't for modern medicine though there's no doubt in my mind that I'd be dead today. When my brain was swelling after my car accident/during my coma the doctors talked about removing a square chunk of my skull and attaching it to my knee cap to keep the bone alive. They didn't have to do that but they still drilled a few holes into my skull to relieve the swelling.

That was when I was 20. When I was 16 I got assaulted by the captains of my schools track team. I had to get five metal plates put into my face. When I woke up it had been a nine hour surgery and someone had snuck a catheter up my dick >:C

I have a lot of confidence in modern medicine. As violated as it makes me feel to know that I'm paying someone a shit ton of money to dig around inside of me and touch all of my moist cells, it also makes me feel incredibly secure about myself knowing that these same people are there to help save my life.

btw, that car accident was kind of an attempt at suicide. Never really told anyone that.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 11:42:11

At 12/20/12 09:26 AM, Quarl wrote: btw, that car accident was kind of an attempt at suicide. Never really told anyone that.

Well shit. As I recall from a comment on Facebook there was someone else with you in that car.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 13:52:10

At 12/20/12 11:42 AM, Mich wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:26 AM, Quarl wrote: btw, that car accident was kind of an attempt at suicide. Never really told anyone that.
Well shit. As I recall from a comment on Facebook there was someone else with you in that car.

Walker, best friend of mine since 1st grade. Hence why I've never told any one that. He used to tell me to drive fast every where we went. He'd say "I don't want to wait around, make it quick." I was really depressed that year. While I certainly didn't want to kill my friend I was sure as hell ready and willing to die young. I drove recklessly that night because I just didn't care anymore. I told myself that if I died then great. I figured it's what I ultimately wanted. We were a reckless duo.

I woke up in the hospital a few weeks after the accident and was horrified by all the stories my friends and family relayed to me. My memory didn't come back at once. Instead it came back slowly. My dad told me that at first, I couldn't even recognize him. I can recall a time when I could form a perfect sentence in my head but when I tried to move my mouth only gibberish would come out. Some friends visited me while I was in the hospital. The next day I thought that had been a dream.

The weirdest story came from my brother Casey. The coma was drug induced and every so often they'd wake me to see if I was coherent. I was strapped into a bed with needles feeding me, a respirator breathing for me and a catheter peeing for me. This was the second time I've ever been in the hospital for something serious and this was the second time someone thought it would be funny to put a catheter up there. They fucking love putting things up your dick.

My brother said that every time they woke me up I would jerk about in my bed trying to get out of my restraints. I would thrash about and look around the room like a wild animal. Then they would put me back into my coma until I could calm down. At one awakening I actually managed to break out of my restraints and I started pulling needles out of my body. The doctor, my dad and my brother had to try to hold me down while the nurse strapped me back in.

I realized that I never want to put my friends or family through something like that ever again. I could have killed my best friend. I could have killed myself. I could talk all day about that fucking car accident. I could tell you about mental/ physical therapy. What it's like to have to relearn how to walk. I could tell you what it feels like to wake up in a hospital a half second after being with your best friend. The only thing I can't tell you is what it's like to actually be in a car accident. I can't honestly remember it.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 15:37:50

At 12/20/12 01:52 PM, Quarl wrote:

I realized that I never want to put my friends or family through something like that ever again. I could have killed my best friend. I could have killed myself. I could talk all day about that fucking car accident. I could tell you about mental/ physical therapy. What it's like to have to relearn how to walk. I could tell you what it feels like to wake up in a hospital a half second after being with your best friend. The only thing I can't tell you is what it's like to actually be in a car accident. I can't honestly remember it.

I guess fate decided that you still had more to your life than you knew yourself at that moment. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have been able to meet you this past summer.

We were like long lost best friends, and I bet the next day we meet each other again it'll be the same.

I remember when I was at your stage of depression. It was absolutely horrible. I hated everyone and I hated myself and all I wanted to happen was to be struck down by lighting. (I wanted to die through natural causes, because the only thing that was holding me back was through my music). My music would live forever with my soul but my physical self would be gone.

I am glad that you have recovered from that. I guess newgrounds musicians has a common theme, because as I seem to recall we all had terribly depressive years.

I guess that's why I think of you guys as family. <3

Please don't ever disappear. (that means everyone who I currently talk to here). If you guys just left, I'd probably be lost again. No one to talk to, no one to share my music to that cares.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 15:43:51

At 12/20/12 03:37 PM, Sequenced wrote: I guess that's why I think of you guys as family. <3

One big not-so-happy family!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 15:45:19

At 12/20/12 03:37 PM, Sequenced wrote:
I am glad that you have recovered from that. I guess newgrounds musicians has a common theme, because as I seem to recall we all had terribly depressive years.

That's the main reason why I avoid posting about negative things in my life in the forums. We all have hard times/ experiences and I'd rather us all be happy.

I guess that's why I think of you guys as family. <3

Damn, I miss that feeling. I feel so far removed from ng at this point. Fucking famz :C

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 15:47:12

At 12/20/12 03:45 PM, Quarl wrote:

Damn, I miss that feeling. I feel so far removed from ng at this point. Fucking famz :C

Must of us are in a skype chat. It gets tiring sometimes to only post here haha.

add me - williamdekeizer .

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 16:05:52

At 12/20/12 03:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 12/20/12 03:37 PM, Sequenced wrote: I guess that's why I think of you guys as family. <3
One big not-so-happy family!

I call dibs on being the cool but somewhat eccentric uncle.

In all seriousness, @Quarl/Sequenced, glad you two are both over from those issues. Depression's a nasty thing. I actually used to be a bit depressed when I was like 12 - 14 (no suicidal thoughts or anything, just being depressed for literally no reason at all... I guess that's puberty for you) so I can perhaps begin to relate. Making music was probably one of the only things that kept me sane, even if at the time I was absolutely crap at it.

Having said that, allow this adorable gif to lighten the mood.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 16:21:49

At 12/20/12 04:05 PM, Step wrote: Having said that, allow this adorable gif to lighten the mood.

That gif suits you, Step.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 18:10:31

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 18:18:26

Any one have any practical jokes that your going to play on your friends who think the world is going to end tomorrow? hah