Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 920,574 Views
  • 36,074 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nav
Nav
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 00:54:43 Reply

At 12/11/12 12:41 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: I'm friends with Buoy now and I have no idea why.

Me too.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:06:23 Reply

Oooohhhh!!! I'm friendless. How exciting.


BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:17:39 Reply

At 12/11/12 12:41 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: I'm friends with Buoy now and I have no idea why.

And I thought Buoy had a crush on me...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:26:42 Reply

At 12/11/12 02:06 AM, ZipZipper wrote: Oooohhhh!!! I'm friendless. How exciting.

If it makes you feel any better, a bunch of people were requesting to be my friend before I even knew the feature existed.

... That'll make you feel better... right?


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:48:37 Reply

At 12/11/12 02:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: If it makes you feel any better, a bunch of people were requesting to be my friend before I even knew the feature existed.

... That'll make you feel better... right?

You should've stayed in purgatory.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:53:46 Reply

At 12/11/12 02:48 AM, Blackhole12 wrote:
At 12/11/12 02:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: If it makes you feel any better, a bunch of people were requesting to be my friend before I even knew the feature existed.

... That'll make you feel better... right?
You should've stayed in purgatory.

...

The Audio Forum Lounge


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 02:56:52 Reply

At 12/11/12 02:53 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 12/11/12 02:48 AM, Blackhole12 wrote:

You should've stayed in purgatory.
...

ur grammar doesn't amuse me


lel

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 05:58:55 Reply

I like this new social thingy.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 06:29:28 Reply

At 12/11/12 05:58 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I like this new social thingy.

I don't really see much use of it for us audio blokes...

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 06:31:44 Reply

At 12/11/12 06:29 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/11/12 05:58 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I like this new social thingy.
I don't really see much use of it for us audio blokes...

makes it easier to hassle everyone else?

Thief1337
Thief1337
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 06:47:14 Reply

PUBLICITY BRO. IT'S PUBLICITY. GET MORE FRIENDS, GET MORE LISTENS, BE A POPULAR MOTHER FUCKIN' NEWGROUNDS CUNT.


"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - Carl Gustav Jung
Native Instruments' Komplete 8 for free !

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 07:12:12 Reply

dat cpu

The Audio Forum Lounge


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 07:17:29 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:12 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: dat cpu

Lmao 99% CPU usage, 5% RAM...

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 07:32:12 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:12 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: dat cpu

Why is the Soundcloud link in your signature broken?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 08:43:39 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:32 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/11/12 07:12 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: dat cpu
Why is the Soundcloud link in your signature broken?

Oh I recently changed my name on there, I guess I didn't update that yet. Thanks for checking it out though :)


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 09:01:12 Reply

At 12/11/12 08:43 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Oh I recently changed my name on there, I guess I didn't update that yet. Thanks for checking it out though :)

Oakwood. Interesting name.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 09:07:22 Reply

At 12/11/12 09:01 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/11/12 08:43 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Oh I recently changed my name on there, I guess I didn't update that yet. Thanks for checking it out though :)
Oakwood. Interesting name.

Yeah it's the literal translation of my last name. It's better than LiquidOoze IMO.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 09:16:35 Reply

At 12/11/12 09:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Yeah it's the literal translation of my last name. It's better than LiquidOoze IMO.

Would you like some snazzy variation on your NG username? ;)

LiquidBooze
LiquidDooze
LiquidSchmooze

copyright CC 2012
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 09:20:01 Reply

At 12/11/12 09:16 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/11/12 09:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Yeah it's the literal translation of my last name. It's better than LiquidOoze IMO.
Would you like some snazzy variation on your NG username? ;)

LiquidBooze
LiquidDooze
LiquidSchmooze

copyright CC 2012

I've been called LiquidBooze ever since I joined the AFL and started telling my drinking/puking stories. Good times, good times...


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 09:58:27 Reply

LiquidMoose
LiquidBoobs
LiquidShoes
LiquidFools
LiquidJewels
LiquidCruise
LiquidScrews
LiquidFuse
LiquidKangaroos


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 10:00:11 Reply

At 12/11/12 09:58 AM, Step wrote: LiquidMoose
LiquidBoobs
LiquidShoes
LiquidFools
LiquidJewels
LiquidCruise
LiquidScrews
LiquidFuse
LiquidKangaroos

Niiiiice. I could use these to name my future songs.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 10:21:30 Reply

I love myself.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 16:35:53 Reply

Xmas Shopping

Done! Hurrah.. now I'm practically flat broke again... Especially considering I got Omnisphere and took advantage of the "End of the world" sale imageline has going on right now and bought a couple things I was eyeing previously (Maximus and Groove Machine)... Couldn't resist... $45 for something that's usually nearly $200 I think is a deal I can't pass up.

... On the downside... I'm now flat broke, and now I'm eyeing an APC-40 and/or a Novation Launchpad...

The Audio Forum Lounge


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 16:53:17 Reply

At 12/11/12 04:35 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Xmas Shopping

... On the downside... I'm now flat broke, and now I'm eyeing an APC-40 and/or a Novation Launchpad...

Oh man... I know the feeling. I have been passing up great sales on production tools recently due to no income, and I've still got quite a bit of Christmas shopping to do. And not to mention that January is my most social month of the year, which means most expensive!

Also, you mentioned Novation Launchpad, so I assume you're using Ableton Live. Push will be coming out soon, and it comes with Ableton Live 9. It is quite pricey though:

https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

If I was still a working man, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that beast when it gets released.

JJM121
JJM121
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:07:19 Reply

At 12/11/12 12:54 AM, Nav wrote:
At 12/11/12 12:41 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: I'm friends with Buoy now and I have no idea why.
Me too.

So he did spam send it to everyone in the Audio Forum. Knew it!

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:18:46 Reply

At 12/11/12 05:07 PM, JJM121 wrote: So he did spam send it to everyone in the Audio Forum. Knew it!

you are nowhere near guessing the sheer scale of my friendwhoring project

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:44:56 Reply

At 12/11/12 04:53 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Also, you mentioned Novation Launchpad, so I assume you're using Ableton Live. Push will be coming out soon, and it comes with Ableton Live 9. It is quite pricey though:

https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

If I was still a working man, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that beast when it gets released.

Actually, no, I'm using FL Studio, but the Launchpad apparently works just as well with that, and I'd really like to get into the performance mode of FL Studio, cause just writing gets kind of stale after a while, every once in a while, I'd like to slap down some melodies/bass lines and such and just go to town live, which is kind of difficult with a no bling midi keyboard and a mouse.

Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:22:25 Reply

At 12/11/12 05:44 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.

I had Live Lite for like a year before I gave it a fair go. It came with my M-Audio sound card.

If the APC-40 comes with Ableton Live, you're better off waiting for Live 9 to be released. Hopefully Live 9 will come with it.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:39:50 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:22 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/11/12 05:44 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.
I had Live Lite for like a year before I gave it a fair go. It came with my M-Audio sound card.

If the APC-40 comes with Ableton Live, you're better off waiting for Live 9 to be released. Hopefully Live 9 will come with it.

Well, I can't afford it right now anyways... because Christmas... And there are other things I need to spend my next paycheck or two on anyways before I can afford to spend anything else on myself. Who knows, maybe live 9 will be out by then.

But I'm curious, are you saying that Ableton doesn't offer free updates? Because if that's the case, I can't see myself being too fond of it.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:56:56 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:39 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: But I'm curious, are you saying that Ableton doesn't offer free updates? Because if that's the case, I can't see myself being too fond of it.

Pretty sure you get free updates for your current version i.e. if you purchase Live 8, you will get Live 8.4 etc as a free upgrade, but Live 8 purchasers don't get free updates to Live 9. I think a discount is warranted though.

Don't see how it's too much of a big deal... I mean, updates only come out so often, and it's the actual DAW and how it fits your preference that matters. Live 8 will be better than FL Studio (or any other DAW I've tried) for me for a long, long time.