00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,308 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-06 14:44:12

At 9/6/12 02:07 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Unless you meant "stung" as in, you got dissed by a mosquito's 'yo mama' joke, in which case, I'm afraid you truly are out of luck!

That's definately not what I meant.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-06 22:20:10

I think im going to BUY FL9 this time. Waddya think?
Also Sakura. Hmmm... I feel like I want to jackass with something free first though. Here I am, an "artist" spending like the big boys with tech that may not even get me anywhere.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-06 23:47:17

At 9/6/12 07:11 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: [Losing listening power? Wat?!]

Ear damage is currently considered irreversible under most circumstances. There are experimental attempts to reverse it but none have seen conclusive results. This is why even if I do get diagnosed with a bass pitch-perception impairment there isn't actually anything I can do about it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 09:39:20

Progressive hearing damage is lame-o. I remember when I was a younger I couldn't stand my stereo being turned all the way up. Now I can. All the ear fluid issues don't help. Yeah, I'm having more trouble with fluid in my left ear. It took months for it to go away last time and I still have that jaw ache from then.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 15:40:41

Car accident

I got in a car accident. And it wasn't my fault.
Nothing major though, just some minor damage to my car.. it's got a bit of red on it now, since the other car was red.

Worst part is, the guy drove on like nothing happened (i got the impression he didn't even notice that he hit me). But i got his license plate.
So, i went to the police today. They called the guy and acted like some sort of mediator for me, to get the guy to sign some insurance forms that i too would sign and the insurance would cover the costs.

However, the guy denied that he hit me (''Yeah, i was wrong.. but i didn't hit his car!'') and after that they got him to come to the police station with his car.
He kept denying everything and i just wanted to scream at him that there was red fucking paint on my car that came of his red car. He also told me i was a liar. Wtf.
So now they are gonna examine the paint tomorrow.. i have to go back to the police station again.

It took pretty long though. I was at the police station for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 15:56:24

Interview with Tom Fulp

Wanna ask the creator of Newgrounds, Tom Fulp a question? Well you can! The Interviewer is putting the power in your hands to ask the questions. Just click above!

Also yes, Tom Fulp has given permission to do this thread.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 16:23:57

At 9/7/12 03:40 PM, FairSquare wrote: Car accident

i fell asleep while driving once. Everyone thought I was lying, including my parents when I said it. I was on a new medication and it caused me to black out while driving. The medication says "may case drowsiness", yet the law firm didn't give a fuck. I had to pay everything out of my own pocket in full.

I hope the cops realize this redneck asshat is lying out his cunt.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 18:15:16

At 9/7/12 04:23 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
i fell asleep while driving once. Everyone thought I was lying, including my parents when I said it. I was on a new medication and it caused me to black out while driving. The medication says "may case drowsiness", yet the law firm didn't give a fuck. I had to pay everything out of my own pocket in full.

That must've been frustrating. And i think it's weird that your parents didn't believe you.

I hope the cops realize this redneck asshat is lying out his cunt.

Well, the officer who was helping me literally told me that she was on my side. And i must say, they've done everything they could to help me and to make the unpleasantness as pleasant as possible.
But that's not the problem though. The problem is factual evidence that he's lying, since they can't just say ''you know what, we're just gonna believe you'' when it's my word against his, since there are no witnesses.
I'll just see what tomorrow brings.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 21:11:43

Today sucks. Fuck expensive technology.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 21:49:33

At 9/7/12 09:11 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Today sucks. Fuck expensive technology.

Care to share?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 21:57:15

I know man, that expensive stuff, why it gotta be so expensive? Why can't there be like, a cheaper substitute or something?
Snowball > audio technica

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:00:40

This summer i was in a car with my uncle, we were parking in a lot to go to a pull place and this guy coming in the other direction in the parking lot literally accelerates up to our car and hits it.

He gets out calm, and says "i think you hit my car" and for the next hour my uncle and him argued about this guy's shit. After a while this guy says his name, and it was the biggest mafia last name in the town. After a LONG time, he literally starts crying and weeping and begging for money to repay his car damages (the car was damaged before he the accident with us), and knowing the shit that would happen if we didnt give him anything my uncle gave him money.

Turns out this guy wasnt even from the family he claimed but from the most lesser mafia family that does all the dirty work in our town, and that he does this shit routinely.

fucking scumbag piece of shit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:16:13

At 9/7/12 09:49 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Care to share?

Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:32:37

At 9/7/12 10:16 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.

Ooh somebodies a high roller, well I can say a $120 mouse is COMPLETE overkill, you can do well with a $30 mouse or the one that comes packaged with your computer! What in the hell is the benefit of a $120 mouse unless it was custom made, glows in the dark and was signed by bill gates.

As for the headset....Hmmm, we talking gaming headset or something? You can get those for friggin $40-$60 or something.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 22:39:55

At 9/7/12 10:32 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:16 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Well the right can on my $160 headset just up and died on me. Right after that, my $120 mouse started making a wicked annoying high-pitched beeping sound whenever I moved the cursor. A couple hours later and it refused to track horizontally.
Ooh somebodies a high roller, well I can say a $120 mouse is COMPLETE overkill, you can do well with a $30 mouse or the one that comes packaged with your computer! What in the hell is the benefit of a $120 mouse unless it was custom made, glows in the dark and was signed by bill gates.

As for the headset....Hmmm, we talking gaming headset or something? You can get those for friggin $40-$60 or something.

Yeah, I do a lot of gaming. The mouse is pretty fucking neat, aside from the fact that it's now basically a paper weight, and the headset was really nice too. It had built-in 7.1 surround sound and was the best listening device I'd ever owned.

I'm just pissed off because one shouldn't have to expect problems like this WITHIN WEEKS of buying such expensive devices. You'd think they'd make them better.

I just have shitty luck I guess. At least they're still under warranty.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-07 23:15:20

At 9/7/12 11:11 PM, Criminal-23 wrote: He can't escape the truth.

You can escape anything if you try hard enough.

but no that guy's fucked

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 00:26:19

turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 03:01:05

At 9/8/12 12:26 AM, Sequenced wrote: turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

told ya

some math genius tell me the odds of this

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 04:30:50

At 9/8/12 12:26 AM, Sequenced wrote: turns out that the girl I was seeing doesn't like me.

the fuck?

Sucks bro.

At 9/8/12 03:01 AM, jpbear wrote: some math genius tell me the odds of this

I dunno, but you should probably buy a lotto ticket for 999.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 05:19:41

At 9/7/12 11:11 PM, Criminal-23 wrote:
Worst part is, the guy drove on like nothing happened
You sure he's European and socialized?

Either way, the dude's fucked hardcore for sure. He can't escape the truth.

Nope, he's a 72 year old Turkish guy who doesn't speak Dutch all that good.

Anyway, i got to the police station this morning at exactly 9:30. The guy i was supposed to meet there who normally handles bigger stuff (when he showed me pictures of the bastard's car on his camera he had to search for them first and i saw pictures of a burglary and something that looked like a dead body on there) was late (yes, reread the sentence now because the stuff i put between the previous brackets was way too long to remember what the sentence actually was about in the first place and hey.. i'm doing it again).
I waited for about 45 minutes (he was late because he had to go to a burgled(?) house) and then he showed up.

He was a pretty cool guy. He scratched some paint off my car and told me how things were gonna go from here.
Because the paint samples have to get investigated in a lab which gets thousands of these cases, it's probably gonna take about two months before i get the results.
After that there's gonna be a case against him (at least, if the results are going to be in my favour.. which i don't doubt) and i might even get to go to court.
He told me i should definitely do that if i get the chance, because it's quite an experience.
And he also told me that it was quite clear for him; there's red paint on my black car, there's black paint on his red car and he told me came across as an honest guy.

And now pics or it didn't happen..

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 06:47:38

At 9/8/12 03:01 AM, jpbear wrote: some math genius tell me the odds of this

Assuming you didn't purposefully set it up like that, and taking in to consideration the hours when you're probably asleep, it's basically a 1 in 2,799,360 chance unless I'm doing something horribly wrong.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 07:13:38

so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 10:15:26

At 9/8/12 07:13 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?

me.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 10:22:18

At 9/8/12 07:13 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: so, uh...anyone here who knows how to use ableton as a production tool?

I used it for a while.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 11:03:23

At 9/8/12 10:22 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
I used it for a while.

If I recall correctly, there's a thread made specifically for Ableton Live related questions, right? What happened to it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 11:52:37

the fuck?

She was only in it for the money!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 12:52:16

Do you love Newgrounds? Good, do something about it. Apparently money is becoming so tight Tom is begging for donations. Donate and save Newgrounds!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 14:16:21

I downloaded a demo of sakura, it's suppose to be standalone, the interface loads and all but I can't test it out. I need the piano roll or something.
At the moment I can move the stuff around, but no music is being made. Don't tell me I need a working copy of FL to try the demo of Sakura....Uuuuugh. I assume a demo won't work with a demo?

And halp guys?!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 14:44:06

At 9/8/12 12:52 PM, sweet21 wrote: Do you love Newgrounds? Good, do something about it. Apparently money is becoming so tight Tom is begging for donations. Donate and save Newgrounds!

that reminded me to turn adblock off for this site, thanks :P

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-08 16:11:31

At 9/8/12 02:16 PM, sweet21 wrote: I downloaded a demo of sakura, it's suppose to be standalone, the interface loads and all but I can't test it out. I need the piano roll or something.
At the moment I can move the stuff around, but no music is being made. Don't tell me I need a working copy of FL to try the demo of Sakura....Uuuuugh. I assume a demo won't work with a demo?

And halp guys?!

Sakura is pretty lame from my experience with it. Then again, I don't really use the kind of crap it can produce to begin with.