SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 05:23:08 Reply

At 10/20/12 12:45 AM, Nav wrote: And apparently if you get too sleep deprived, you start to hallucinate. Not good hallucinate either, scary Benadryl overdose hallucinate...

I can confirm this. I once used prescription stimulants to stay up for a straight week to work on all my finals one semester. I vividly remember blowing 20 minutes chasing an imaginary bat around a computer lab.

Also, every so often - and when I say often I mean every 5-10 minutes - I thought I saw a person sitting next to me in my peripheral vision. Every time I turned to look, there was nobody there. Freaky shit. I guess that's what you get when you combine severe sleep deprivation with long periods of total isolation.

Would I do it again? Maybe.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 05:31:27 Reply

At 10/20/12 05:23 AM, SuperBastard wrote: Also, every so often - and when I say often I mean every 5-10 minutes - I thought I saw a person sitting next to me in my peripheral vision. Every time I turned to look, there was nobody there.

I have a confession to make...

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 05:40:02 Reply

At 10/20/12 05:31 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/20/12 05:23 AM, SuperBastard wrote: Also, every so often - and when I say often I mean every 5-10 minutes - I thought I saw a person sitting next to me in my peripheral vision. Every time I turned to look, there was nobody there.

If you're going to say you hid peanut butter in all of my pens, I hate you.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 06:03:33 Reply

OMG IMORTEL IS A GHOST!

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 07:33:44 Reply

At 10/20/12 12:17 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have made the conclusion

that I make better music

when I'm drunk

...fuck

I usually do better in the morning, when I'm all refreshed and not tired. But I never get the chance since I'm off to college so it's always night.

Freaky.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 07:53:50 Reply

At 10/20/12 12:17 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have made the conclusion

that I make better music

when I'm drunk

...fuck

I make the same conclusion every night I do drunk musicing. I also retract it the next day. I prefer being excessively caffeinated

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 09:24:43 Reply

At 10/20/12 07:53 AM, Buoy wrote: I prefer being excessively caffeinated

You just described me much better than I could :)))

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 09:28:46 Reply

This is the beginning of the end of music.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 09:43:19 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:28 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: This is the beginning of the end of music.

What... the... fuck. I don't know if the mixing engineer made the right move or not by making her vocals sit in the background during the verse.

I don't understand how all the comments were complimenting the song. I couldn't even get past 1 minute. This is coming from someone who likes many new mainstream releases.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 09:49:10 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:43 AM, The-iMortal wrote: What... the... fuck. I don't know if the mixing engineer made the right move or not by making her vocals sit in the background during the verse.

I don't understand how all the comments were complimenting the song. I couldn't even get past 1 minute. This is coming from someone who likes many new mainstream releases.

Pretty sure the compliments were all sarcastic. If they weren't then my faith in humanity will be gone forever.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 11:45:51 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:24 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 10/20/12 07:53 AM, Buoy wrote: I prefer being excessively caffeinated
You just described me much better than I could :)))

Hopping on that train aswell. 10 cups a day!

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 13:15:49 Reply

At 10/20/12 05:23 AM, SuperBastard wrote: I can confirm this. I once used prescription stimulants to stay up for a straight week to work on all my finals one semester. I vividly remember blowing 20 minutes chasing an imaginary bat around a computer lab.

Also, every so often - and when I say often I mean every 5-10 minutes - I thought I saw a person sitting next to me in my peripheral vision. Every time I turned to look, there was nobody there. Freaky shit. I guess that's what you get when you combine severe sleep deprivation with long periods of total isolation.

Would I do it again? Maybe.

That's actually perfectly normal. Stimulants mess with your nervous system so it's no wonder you started trippin' balls.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 21:06:05 Reply

At 10/20/12 01:15 PM, Braiton wrote: That's actually perfectly normal. Stimulants mess with your nervous system so it's no wonder you started trippin' balls.

It's not 'perfectly normal' to hallucinate from stimulants, lol.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 22:40:46 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:06 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 10/20/12 01:15 PM, Braiton wrote: That's actually perfectly normal. Stimulants mess with your nervous system so it's no wonder you started trippin' balls.

Yeah this ^. Stimulants dont cause hallucinations per se. Lack of sleep however does, especially in your peripherals.

You know what does cause hallucinations? LSD

God I miss LSD. Its been almost 5 years since my last trip =(

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 22:51:23 Reply

At 10/20/12 10:40 PM, Breed wrote: Stimulants dont cause hallucinations per se. Lack of sleep however does, especially in your peripherals.

I'm convinced that everyone posting here is just a hallucination.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-20 23:15:57 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:06 PM, Buoy wrote:

Maybe normal was not the word to use lol, but yeah, shit can happen.

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-21 01:05:30 Reply

At 10/20/12 09:28 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: This is the beginning of the end of music.

This is obviously a joke, whoever made it is trying to cash in on the "terrible song that will get extreme publicity because of a high quality video" train. Hot problems was the same thing. Rebecca Black was the only one I saw as a sincere failure, you can tell fat usher was actually trying by looking at the video quality, locations, effects, green screen and direction. All the newer terrible songs have static videos with little or no variations in scenery, those are cash in amateurs.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-21 03:14:51 Reply

At 10/21/12 01:05 AM, krssvr wrote: All the newer terrible songs have static videos with little or no variations in scenery, those are cash in amateurs.

I'm pretty convinced that people see music. If I see a music video, the song sounds better if the video is cool. If I see an album cover, in iTunes as I play a song, it will automatically sound more professional than a track that has "drag artwork here".

Ever watched a movie and thought, "WHAT A THEME SONG!", then downloaded the theme song's .mp3 only to be very disappointed?

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-22 15:12:35 Reply

At 10/20/12 10:51 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 10/20/12 10:40 PM, Breed wrote: Stimulants dont cause hallucinations per se. Lack of sleep however does, especially in your peripherals.

Go to sleep.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-22 15:41:01 Reply

At 10/22/12 03:12 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 10/20/12 10:51 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Go to sleep.

Sleep is for the weak.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-22 16:51:48 Reply

Im just reposting my fb status since its like lol wat and music related. So i made a bootleg of Spor's track "some other funk", it gets awesome buzz and recognition by some good names such as syrebral and NFG.

so my Spor remix gets taken off SC and off of nfg's wall, I never get any kind of notification that this has happened or why it has happened. Obviously Lifted and Chris Renegade had a little fun time enforcing his extremely dumb interpretation of Copyright Law which should not be enforced yet he somehow found a way to get a bootleg REMOVED off of soundcloud, something which has NEVER been heard of. Freakin crappy pop remixes litter the soundcloud tops and my work gets taken off.

To make matters even more nonsensical, Lifted follows me on soundcloud.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-22 17:17:03 Reply

At 10/22/12 04:51 PM, jpbear wrote: To make matters even more nonsensical, Lifted follows me on soundcloud.

Wat. I thought an artist would like bootleg remixes on Soundcloud because it is indirectly promoting the original track.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 00:35:19 Reply

so I was with some of my friends on my dorm chillin and talkin about shit. Somehow the conversation went into rating (in terms of looks, personality, humor, shit like that).

and the girls there agreed that I as a 9.

...dafuq?

self esteem booster much?

lel

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 01:39:04 Reply

At 10/23/12 12:35 AM, Sequenced wrote: and the girls there agreed that I as a 9.

...dafuq?

Hellz yeah

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 01:50:37 Reply

At 10/21/12 03:14 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/21/12 01:05 AM, krssvr wrote: All the newer terrible songs have static videos with little or no variations in scenery, those are cash in amateurs.
I'm pretty convinced that people see music. If I see a music video, the song sounds better if the video is cool. If I see an album cover, in iTunes as I play a song, it will automatically sound more professional than a track that has "drag artwork here".

Ever watched a movie and thought, "WHAT A THEME SONG!", then downloaded the theme song's .mp3 only to be very disappointed?

iTunes is convenient for kids with no access to a debit/credit card or a paypal.
And people who don't know much about music will assume it's worth more being distributed by some company.
It makes me look "professional," I suppose to some.

That's probably why it sales for 3x more than what I charge for it on bandcamp:/

Really you just have to pay a distributing company, and I found an iTunes affiliate that'd do it for 25 bucks.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 01:57:51 Reply

At 10/23/12 01:50 AM, stratkat wrote: iTunes is convenient for kids with no access to a debit/credit card or a paypal.
And people who don't know much about music will assume it's worth more being distributed by some company.

I think you've misinterpreted my point lol

I'm not referring to iTunes, but any media player in general. If a song is playing in my media player, and I'm looking at the media player, and I see a professionally done album cover, my subconscious associates the song with that album cover. But if I download a track from some rrandom dude on Soundcloud, which has no album cover, I'll have "drag artwork here" or some blank picture to associate with the track. My subconscious is going to think "track with professional cover is better".

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 02:11:56 Reply

At 10/23/12 01:57 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/23/12 01:50 AM, stratkat wrote: iTunes is convenient for kids with no access to a debit/credit card or a paypal.
I think you've misinterpreted my point lol

I'm not referring to iTunes, but any media player in general. If a song is playing in my media player, and I'm looking at the media player, and I see a professionally done album cover, my subconscious associates the song with that album cover. But if I download a track from some rrandom dude on Soundcloud, which has no album cover, I'll have "drag artwork here" or some blank picture to associate with the track. My subconscious is going to think "track with professional cover is better".

Oh, I see, I've spent probably half of what I've made making music on buying/leasing legit covers, logos, and distributing:/ Looking professional takes money, I think it's better to have a blank cover than a picture you have no right to use, but I see what you're saying. I just probably spend more than my music's worth. I just recently bothered getting my band name registered.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 02:47:56 Reply

At 10/23/12 02:11 AM, stratkat wrote: I just probably spend more than my music's worth. I just recently bothered getting my band name registered.

I think it's important to aim for a professional standard. Even if you know you're not there yet, as long as you're aiming for that goal and you work hard to achieve it.

That's the reason I spend good money on effects that can improve some aspects of my mix by around 5-10%. That's the reason I paid for three of my tracks to be professionally mastered (though, I don't anymore; but I now know the capabilities of various professional ME's, and that they can't make a bad mix sound professional lol).

I just whipped up some crappy logo in Photoshop for my artist name I submit all my best tracks under. Like, it doesn't look terrible, but getting a professionally made logo, or even hosting an art contest for one, is on my to-do list.

However, work has been quiet and I haven't made any money in 3 weeks, so I'm easing up at the moment.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 02:51:36 Reply

At 10/23/12 12:35 AM, Sequenced wrote: so I was with some of my friends on my dorm chillin and talkin about shit. Somehow the conversation went into rating (in terms of looks, personality, humor, shit like that).

and the girls there agreed that I as a 9.

...dafuq?

They think you're gay.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-10-23 02:56:33 Reply

At 10/23/12 02:51 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 10/23/12 12:35 AM, Sequenced wrote: and the girls there agreed that I as a 9.
They think you're gay.

Tahahahahaha!