Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 936,364 Views
  • 36,194 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-06 21:55:36 Reply

At 12/6/11 09:58 AM, Chronamut wrote: you can see it's progress HERE.

I thought it was real and I immediately tried clicking "adult room"

:c


Very Nice.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-06 22:06:34 Reply

At 12/6/11 09:55 PM, Tc572 wrote:
At 12/6/11 09:58 AM, Chronamut wrote: you can see it's progress HERE.
I thought it was real and I immediately tried clicking "adult room"

c

forl just static atm.. just coding doing the visuals - my programmer is making the chat with a very ugly and simple interface - when done we will combine and his code will go into my interface :P

also there's no CHAT window yet silly rofl..

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-06 22:27:51 Reply

At 12/6/11 10:06 PM, Chronamut wrote: ...when done we will combine and his code will go into my interface :P

That sounds hawt. :3

Oh, wait...you're talking about computer code?

Skyrim. Again.
So the game ate my save file (corrupted it). If it wasn't such a great game, I think I would have given up the first time it did that.

But on the bright side, it'll finally give me an incentive to make that mage-warrior class I've always meant to try :D

Sandwhich-lord
Sandwhich-lord
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-06 22:41:13 Reply

You know , i'm quite annoyed at this whole slowing everything down lark takes to long to listen to song and you don't recognise a ruddy thing. Speed it up, listen to a song in like 2 seconds yeah.

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 08:20:27 Reply

At 12/6/11 10:41 PM, Sandwhich-lord wrote: You know , i'm quite annoyed at this whole slowing everything down lark takes to long to listen to song and you don't recognise a ruddy thing. Speed it up, listen to a song in like 2 seconds yeah.

I don't think you understand the point of doing the x800 slow downs...it's not meant to be recognizable, and it's awesome ambiance that just blends in with whatever I'm doing on the computer.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 09:34:51 Reply

At 12/6/11 10:27 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 12/6/11 10:06 PM, Chronamut wrote: ...when done we will combine and his code will go into my interface :P
That sounds hawt. :3

Oh, wait...you're talking about computer code?

lulz.

So I tried working with actionscript 3.0 yesterday for the first time and spent half of the way cursing flash, just liek I did 9 years ago when I first started using it.

I PREVAILED though.. and managed to get a randomize function working that randomizes saying to replace "everything by everyone"

so far some are,

it's like your mom, but BETTER
it's like bread on toast!
it's better than that OTHER guy
the problems of the future, yesterday!
the problems of the past, today!

lemme guys know if you want any more added - you can have a little bit of epenis growth then :P

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 16:52:09 Reply

I got myself this beast yesterday. I will mainly use it for watching films and shit, but I can also hook it up to my laptop. So woot, two monitors

1920x1080 ftw

The Audio Forum Lounge

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 18:55:47 Reply

At 12/7/11 04:52 PM, MrSaint wrote: I got myself this beast yesterday. I will mainly use it for watching films and shit, but I can also hook it up to my laptop. So woot, two monitors

1920x1080 ftw

I thought you said you had no moneys


lel

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 19:36:21 Reply

At 12/7/11 06:55 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/7/11 04:52 PM, MrSaint wrote: I got myself this beast yesterday. I will mainly use it for watching films and shit, but I can also hook it up to my laptop. So woot, two monitors

1920x1080 ftw
I thought you said you had no moneys

Well, to be fair, he never said he bought it :P

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 19:43:53 Reply

At 12/7/11 06:55 PM, Sequenced wrote: I thought you said you had no moneys

He runs a body shop... if you know what I mean.


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 19:47:16 Reply

At 12/7/11 07:36 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

Well, to be fair, he never said he bought it :P

In Soviet Russia, it buys you.


lel

Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 22:07:36 Reply

Remixes

I've really been wanting to get some practice with making remixes and such. Does anyone here do progressive house/trance?

And I don't mean house or trance in general. I specifically want progressive.

Very Nice.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 22:13:56 Reply

At 12/7/11 09:58 PM, LaForge wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNEH I LOVE YOU

sex?


lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 22:28:30 Reply

At 12/7/11 10:13 PM, Sequenced wrote:
sex?

Male

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-07 22:50:35 Reply

At 12/7/11 10:07 PM, Tc572 wrote: Remixes

I've really been wanting to get some practice with making remixes and such. Does anyone here do progressive house/trance?

And I don't mean house or trance in general. I specifically want progressive.

If you want to start out you should broaden your horizons a bit to get a feel for it instead of limiting yourself right off the bat


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 00:41:17 Reply

At 12/7/11 10:13 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/7/11 09:58 PM, LaForge wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNEH I LOVE YOU
sex?

Cum over here, bro

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 01:43:14 Reply

At 12/8/11 01:09 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 12:41 AM, MrSaint wrote: Cum over here, bro
*spits into a spatoon*

we don' like yer kine roun' heer, boyeh

Nice goin' there, MrSaint. You broke LaForge. >:(

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 10:28:21 Reply

At 12/8/11 01:09 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 12:41 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 12/7/11 10:13 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/7/11 09:58 PM, LaForge wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNEH I LOVE YOU
sex?
Cum over here, bro
*spits into a spatoon*

we don' like yer kine roun' heer, boyeh

you can always rely on la forge for deliverance

(ho ho bro i'm thinks I is be so funnys)


apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 10:49:47 Reply

At 12/8/11 01:09 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 12:41 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 12/7/11 10:13 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/7/11 09:58 PM, LaForge wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNEH I LOVE YOU
sex?
Cum over here, bro
*spits into a spatoon*

we don' like yer kine roun' heer, boyeh

you mean heterosexuals? :P

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 11:46:54 Reply

Some things never change

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 12:45:56 Reply

At 12/7/11 10:50 PM, Envy wrote:
At 12/7/11 10:07 PM, Tc572 wrote: Remixes

I've really been wanting to get some practice with making remixes and such. Does anyone here do progressive house/trance?

And I don't mean house or trance in general. I specifically want progressive.
If you want to start out you should broaden your horizons a bit to get a feel for it instead of limiting yourself right off the bat

Definitely this. I was trying to do Trance for aaaages, and nothing good came out of it, though the only good side to this was that I learned by DAW pretty well.
But the moment I started experimenting with genres, and doing other things, my skill just started shooting up. It's weird, the fact that I was aiming for something different than I usually do just made me think more about different things, and in the process you learn how to mix different things, what to do when, etc. etc.
It's okay to restrict yourself RIGHT off the bat, but realize that eventually you'll need to do some other stuff too to master what you initially wanted. (Now I'm doing Glitch Hop, and hopefully will stay with it since I'm getting on to a label etc...thinking about that is a bit weird seeing as I started out wanting to do prog.house/trance)

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 17:14:08 Reply

At 12/8/11 02:06 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 10:49 AM, Chronamut wrote: you mean heterosexuals? :P
No, I meant Pokemon. He's obviously a Magikarp in disguise. Magikarp, use a splash attack!

Mudkip counter! Water Cannon Attack!

Stupor
Stupor
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 17:29:44 Reply

At 12/8/11 02:06 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 10:49 AM, Chronamut wrote: you mean heterosexuals? :P

Stupor used TAIL SPANK. Everybody's arousal rose!


Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 19:26:44 Reply

At 12/8/11 12:45 PM, PSvils wrote: (Now I'm doing Glitch Hop, and hopefully will stay with it since I'm getting on to a label etc...thinking about that is a bit weird seeing as I started out wanting to do prog.house/trance)

i can identify with this. i love breaks, and have been wanting to write a good breaks tune for ages, but all I'm being asked for these days is more drumstep tunes, including one for a glitch hop label actually haha.

i mean i like drumstep, but i love breaks. i'm not too fussed, but i hope to start pumping out some sick breaks tracks soon, no matter how unfashionable it may be. seems like all the labels these days are interested in moving past dubstep...on to a modified version of dubstep :P


audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Coralnome
Coralnome
  • Member since: Nov. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 20:17:12 Reply

I have been working on making/remixing songs,it takes a lot of work-more than most people think :)

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 20:23:16 Reply

At 12/8/11 08:17 PM, Coralnome wrote: I have been working on making/remixing songs,it takes a lot of work-more than most people think :)

Preaching to the choir.

Just sayin'

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 21:08:35 Reply

At 12/8/11 02:06 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/8/11 10:49 AM, Chronamut wrote: you mean heterosexuals? :P
No, I meant Pokemon. He's obviously a Magikarp in disguise. Magikarp, use a splash attack!

Music and Pokemon? Why don't I spend more time here?


bork bork bork

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 21:14:24 Reply

and now I'm suddenly in a good mood again. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


lel

Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 21:18:53 Reply

At 12/8/11 12:45 PM, PSvils wrote: -stuff-

Woah, I think you guys completely misunderstood what I was saying. I went through my experimentation phase a long time ago, and for like a year now I've been making progressive house/trance. I think it would be a terrible idea for me to start trying remixes in genres I don't know.


Very Nice.

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-12-08 21:37:01 Reply

At 12/8/11 09:18 PM, Tc572 wrote:
At 12/8/11 12:45 PM, PSvils wrote: -stuff-
Woah, I think you guys completely misunderstood what I was saying. I went through my experimentation phase a long time ago, and for like a year now I've been making progressive house/trance. I think it would be a terrible idea for me to start trying remixes in genres I don't know.

I reckon you should just do whatever you want to do, fuck the haterz. For me personally, I've been getting into electronic music production over the past year, and been through so many distinctly different genres. It's taught me a lot about production over-all, but means that I haven't mastered/perfected all of the techniques required for a specific genre of music. This is fine for me because I like genre bending, but could not sit down and write a pure dubstep/electro/breaks/trance track even if I tried as hard as I could.


audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature