New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 10:12:57 Reply

At 11/13/11 09:33 AM, LaForge wrote: Good morning lounge. Time to wake n bake.

Don't forget that Jack Daniel's sauce!

lel

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 11:07:52 Reply

Spare time, what's that again?

I'm starting to really notice the major difference between the past few years and now. I used to go to evening school, and because I was a lazy bum, I didn't have a day job, thus I sat around and did whatever all day long. Now with a full-time job and an apartment to look after, I feel like I have barely anything left that could be classified as spare time.

When I get home from work I usually help my girlfriend make dinner, and after that we take care of the washing up together, which then leaves just a few hours before bedtime. During the weekend it's mostly catching up on the household (laundry, hoovering, cleaning), and through it all some regular food shopping.

It's quite the change. So tell me guys, will I get used to this?

Time to go clean the kitchen and all now.
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 11:39:41 Reply

and then you get kids

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 12:49:06 Reply

and you blink your eyes and you are grown up

a tear rolled down his cheek
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 17:37:08 Reply

At 11/12/11 10:10 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Skyrim
In my opinion, it's WAY better than Oblivion. It's not even comparable. In fact, it has recaptured that sense of wonder and overwhelming feeling of "where do I want to go and what will I do when I get there?" that I have only ever felt in one other open-world action RPG. That, of course, being Morrowind.

The combat is a little slower, but it's a much better pace. Your weapons somehow feel heavier, and when you swing them, they feel more powerful. In Skyrim, your weapons feel like the connect with the enemy and actually do damage - as opposed to Oblivion, where it felt like you were waving a piece of cardboard, painted to look like a sword, in front of enemies

The engine is actually really good. I'm pleasantly surprised - I have encountered very few glitches and bugs so far (Xbox 360 version), and absolutely nothing gamebreaking. The few glitches I have found have been small things like taking an item off of a table, and everything else on the table goes invisible.

I agree with the better, "freeroaming," experience that is more like Morrowind. I dig that it's bigger than Oblivion's miniscule version of Cyrodiil and dungeons remind me more of Morrowind since they aren't shit, lol.

I'm not a big fan of the way you fight with a warhammer (I use these), but I can't put them down, haha. One of my friends is doing the game entirely using magic and I gotta say, "Fuck weapons, I should've went down the magic road."

I've encountered an amount of glitches (360), but I'm taking the game REALLY SLOWLY and looking at EVERYTHING, so of course I would notice more. About the glitch you mentioned... I've seen this as well and some of the items, actually, are falling THROUGH the object it was sitting on, while others disappeared. Let me know if you observe something similar.

What I'd like to bring up is the music. Yeah, it's good, but what about all the recycling they did reusing themes and entire songs from Oblivion and Morrowind? I love the music in those games, but what the hell?

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 18:24:57 Reply

At 11/13/11 05:37 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: What I'd like to bring up is the music. Yeah, it's good, but what about all the recycling they did reusing themes and entire songs from Oblivion and Morrowind? I love the music in those games, but what the hell?

Well, they had some of the best music in videogame history - up there with Zelda, Assassin's Creed, and Halo - and I get really, really excited when I hear some remakes of Morrowind's travelling music :3

Also, this applies to everyone in general - if you're interested in buying the soundtrack, you can get it from Jeremy Soule's website Direct Song. It's $29.99 + shipping, for 4 discs at pretty high quality (there are only 14 tracks per CD). Also, if you order it through his site before December 23rd Jeremy Soule will personally autograph your copy!

In reference to glitches:
- Flying animals / flying people
- People (rarely) disappear through the floor when they die; often they reappear somewhere nearby
- Flying 10,000 ft into the air when smashed by a giant (one of the funniest glitches I've ever had in a game haha - hell, I completely forgive Bethesda for this one)

I also love how they handled dragons. I was worried that they'd either show up too frequently and become repetitive and boring, or only ever show up in a few scripted quests. But, no. They seem to have struck a near-perfect balance. It's really awesome, too, when you're at a hold or a small outpost, a dragon circling up ahead, the guards all out with weapons drawn...and then it just flies off. It creates a perfect feeling of tension and suspense, without making you fight every dragon that shows up.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 22:52:18 Reply

12 hours on set directing and doing boom pole operations. Legs = jello

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 23:12:20 Reply

At 11/13/11 10:52 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: 12 hours on set directing and doing boom pole operations. Legs = jello

Did/do you get paid well?

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 23:18:02 Reply

At 11/13/11 11:12 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/13/11 10:52 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: 12 hours on set directing and doing boom pole operations. Legs = jello
Did/do you get paid well?

not today. not at all. im doing 3 films at the moment. two are paid, the other one(today filming) is for my film as literature course.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 23:26:26 Reply

Well if your getting paid then it's all good unless it's chump change.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-13 23:44:33 Reply

At 11/13/11 11:26 PM, J-Rex wrote: Well if your getting paid then it's all good unless it's chump change.

I dont have credentials to be charging a lot for location sound yet so yeah chump change but gotta start somewhere

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 00:06:45 Reply

At 11/13/11 11:44 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 11/13/11 11:26 PM, J-Rex wrote: Well if your getting paid then it's all good unless it's chump change.
I dont have credentials to be charging a lot for location sound yet so yeah chump change but gotta start somewhere

Very True. Well hope you end up somewhere better.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 00:09:59 Reply

At 11/14/11 12:06 AM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/13/11 11:44 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Very True. Well hope you end up somewhere better.

Yeah if not maybe my composition will. If not then maybe my sound design or foley will, if not then maybe my congerro career will pick up, if not then maybe my pianist career will, if not then maybe my club music will pick up, if not any of that then maybe im fucked and shoulda done computer engineering instead of music haha

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 00:28:20 Reply

If nothing works out you can always be a cashier.

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 00:38:47 Reply

At 11/14/11 12:09 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: if not any of that then maybe im fucked and shoulda done computer engineering instead of music haha

this amuses me because it is exactly the situation i've been in ever since i dropped out of university.

i quit my job recently and i'm studying for my ccna, so just in case i can't make anything good music-wise happen for myself within the next year, at least i won't be totally fucked.

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 00:52:35 Reply

So i bought Skyrim today. Then I realized, oh wait, i don't have a TV, so I ordered one form Amazon.

Well, in the mean time, I'm going to play, THE VERY FIRST ELDER SCROLLS FROM THE 90's. WOOOO.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 01:04:38 Reply

So does anyone know who TheBreakbeatRockers are on soundcloud? They keep posting tonnes of songs to our soundcloud group, then remove them and post them again; effectively making themselves the only thing visible on the group page.

p.s. i am gay

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 01:16:19 Reply

At 11/14/11 12:59 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: OH FUCK A GOBLIN.

Isn't it fun? :D

So, I've been in another musical slump and I'm going job hunting tomorrow since nobody seems to get the idea that if you call about my app and you get 5 calls back asking for you that that means I'll take the job. I've been having issues with assholes not calling me back all this year.

"Hello, this is *faggot lawyer or something* and I'm calling about taking up your case, blah ba blah blah ba blah babble."

Called that one 7 fucking times and he never got back to me. I assume he was an insurance fraud sonuvabitch.

Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 01:16:56 Reply

At 11/14/11 01:04 AM, midimachine wrote: So does anyone know who TheBreakbeatRockers are on soundcloud? They keep posting tonnes of songs to our soundcloud group, then remove them and post them again; effectively making themselves the only thing visible on the group page.

Never heard of them maybe PM with a message about that. Also when did you start following me on SoundCloud?

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 01:53:51 Reply

Been downloading some free music from Bandcamp. http://theataris.bandcamp.com/album/kris topher-roe-live-acoustic-set-los-angeles -2011

Best album yet ^. Awesome acoustic music.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 02:05:46 Reply

At 11/14/11 01:04 AM, midimachine wrote: So does anyone know who TheBreakbeatRockers are on soundcloud? They keep posting tonnes of songs to our soundcloud group, then remove them and post them again; effectively making themselves the only thing visible on the group page.

PM SBB, Rig or Sorohan about it. Maybe they can move them off the front page?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 05:50:21 Reply

I'm following nearly every name I recognize from NG, afaik.

p.s. i am gay

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 11:36:30 Reply

At 11/14/11 05:50 AM, midimachine wrote: I'm following nearly every name I recognize from NG, afaik.

COUGH COUGH

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 11:46:07 Reply

At 11/14/11 02:05 AM, brokendeck wrote:
PM SBB, Rig or Sorohan about it. Maybe they can move them off the front page?

I forgot I was a moderator there, lol. Just blocked them from posting to the NG group. Man I hate soundcloud whores

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 12:12:50 Reply

At 11/14/11 11:46 AM, SBB wrote:
I forgot I was a moderator there

I forgot we even had a NG group on soundcloud haha

Do I win on being more forgetful?

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 13:34:30 Reply

Pointless
So i noticed a while back that whenever i signed into to soundcloud the welcome thing always welcomes me in Swedish with "hej" at first i thought it was a typo but it was never fixed so my awesome question is; does everyone else get that too?

The Audio Forum Lounge

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 14:05:43 Reply

At 11/14/11 01:34 PM, krssvr wrote: Pointless
So i noticed a while back that whenever i signed into to soundcloud the welcome thing always welcomes me in Swedish with "hej" at first i thought it was a typo but it was never fixed so my awesome question is; does everyone else get that too?

I get the same thing, it's pretty cool because the letter 'j' sound like 'y' in my language so I assumed it said it in Maltese dialect.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 14:26:58 Reply

Yeah I get "hey" as well. I always found it pretty funny.

Photography

Anyone here do photography? I have been doing a bit of corny passionate photography sessions and decided to post a picture (or more? :D) up here to see what people thought of it. Does anyone else do photography besides me, or am I a hipster?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-14 14:34:39 Reply

At 11/14/11 02:26 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Yeah I get "hey" as well. I always found it pretty funny.

Photography

Do screenshots count? oO