New Topic Respond to this Topic
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 12:24:47 Reply

At 11/25/11 03:17 AM, jpbear wrote: Whoever knows some bad ass internet sales PLEASE post them today/tomorow.

Also brb, massive poops.

native instruments have some and I bought some stuff for 64% at Soundiron

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 12:33:07 Reply

At 11/25/11 12:24 PM, SBB wrote: I bought some stuff for 64% at Soundiron

a Soviet/latin male choir pack to be exact

Suddenly having enough money is an amazing feeling
Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 21:38:34 Reply

Hello...
Fellow audio portal members... I'm drink

Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 21:43:12 Reply

At 11/25/11 09:38 PM, Psil0 wrote: Hello...

Congratulations.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 21:57:15 Reply

duuuude i was just thinking about posting up that im drunk....but you beat me to it. let the drunk wars commence!

Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 22:31:22 Reply

At 11/25/11 09:57 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
duuuude i was just thinking about posting up that im drunk....but you beat me to it. let the drunk wars commence!

I wiiiiiiiiiiiined!!!! Yeeeeeah! GO ME!

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-25 22:37:53 Reply

all drinking is bad for you

lel

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 02:35:39 Reply

At 11/22/11 12:38 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I'm not a woman yet, but I should help saturate the female-electronic-musician scene.

<_<

on a related note though...

Fuck not being able to drink much on hormone meds, I just had all these various mixers and booze fall into my lap... but I can't drink them at any reasonably quick pace.

I mean hell... I've got a 6 pack of delicious craft beers that will probably take a week to drink.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 03:45:38 Reply

What happens if you drink too much alcohol when you're on HRT? Does it turn you into a beer or something??

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 03:54:40 Reply

At 11/26/11 03:45 AM, jarrydn wrote: What happens if you drink too much alcohol when you're on HRT? Does it turn you into a beer or something??

lol I dont think so, I just think it kills you o.o

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 04:57:58 Reply

At 11/26/11 03:54 AM, Tabu112 wrote:
At 11/26/11 03:45 AM, jarrydn wrote: What happens if you drink too much alcohol when you're on HRT? Does it turn you into a beer or something??

Challenge accepted.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 04:58:54 Reply

k...wtf is up with the thousand page thread theory? seriously? I mean...here, in this thread, totally makes sense. 90% of the time you idiots are just spewing shit out your asses; but if people have something to say or some advice to look up...why make them fummel through hundreds of pages of stuff to find it? or encourage them to post a new reply in a thread where what they have to say might've been said, but no one noticed? It's not like the theory of forcing people to post in the same thread for the same topic hundreds upon thousands of times helps eliminate anything in the newgrounds BBS database....that fucking thing is going to be ginormous no matter what you do...plus, most people don't even get it in the first fuckin place...so what is the point? to give mods something to bitch about? I don't fucking get it...

database theory 101; less tables = less server processor time, I can grasp that...but when you have millions upon millions of entries to sift through, recall and display anyway...are you really saving any CPU time by piling up replies in a single topic? Especially when you eat CPU time like hotcakes with an archaic search protocol, that users are supposed to query on a regular basis to find relevant topics to reply to instead of making new ones? :P Fuckin BBS rules are stupid...just sayin...

why not let people make whatever the fuck topic they want and archive shit on a semi-regular basis; like every other board on the net? fuck...nuggets...with cheese...and PBR is the nectar of the Gods, just so you know...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 05:03:07 Reply

At 11/26/11 04:58 AM, EoD696 wrote: (Rage post)

Because we don't want 53 ad threads, 34 VA threads, and 18 FL questions threads clogging up the top of the audio forum.

Is that so hard to understand? We don't restrict what can or can't be posted in a new topic because of server issues, we restrict it to keep the forum more or less organized.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 05:11:45 Reply

At 11/26/11 04:58 AM, EoD696 wrote: Fuckin BBS rules are stupid...just sayin...

It's funny because we've had threads like your post alot, yet you're the first person to actually not create a new thread about it, so you're actually keeping yourself to those 'stupid fucking BBS rules'. Just sayin...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 06:09:19 Reply

At 11/26/11 05:11 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: It's funny because we've had threads like your post alot, yet you're the first person to actually not create a new thread about it, so you're actually keeping yourself to those 'stupid fucking BBS rules'. Just sayin...

I didn't say I wouldn't oblige...i just fail to understand...

If the purpose is organization for the ease of browsing, wouldn't it be prudent to employ organizational systems that users are likely to be familiar with? Like those utilized in phpBB and vBulliten, where archiving is frequently utilized to reduce server load? And perhaps an authentication addition to the post-form to help prevent spam? And maybe...just maybe a few well developed sub-forums based on user-frequented questions/topics?

Im not trying to piss people off...im trying to express my own pissed-off-ness...and I don't expect anything to change, it would seem that the BBS has barely changed at all since it's inception. But there are better ways of doing things...and it pisses me off when I come here and try to help, and then feel butted out like a jack-ass when someone reminds us the person I'm trying to help broke the rules, or I broke the rules trying to help, or I see an idea that I think is intelligent and interesting, and, oh whoops, it's author broke the stupid fucking rules....I dont understand this myriad of bureaucracy based on an idea, which no other website in the world supports...except for slashdot... :P and slashdot is only behind it because no one can make topics there, except admins...plus they're a bunch of fucking geeks who're trying to preserve the web as it was in 1991.

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense...makes no sense...at all...I dont care what you say, I make forums, I make websites, I've seen thousands of applications of bulliten boards, some bigger than this...none of them work this way...none...except slashdot... no sense... what happened to the sense? Fuck all, am I the only one who sees other places on the web operating ten times more efficiently than this BBS?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 06:20:17 Reply

It makes perfect sense. Nobody actually cares about other people's advertisements so we have this thread so they can put it there and shut up.

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 09:59:12 Reply

Well.. there is sooome people who care about the ads... but thats why theres a thred. (genous i thought, haveing a designated place as not to cluter the whole form) But I will tell you, if you are so pashionate about this, why not take it up with some one who can do something about it insted of posting in something you hate. lol!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 10:40:09 Reply

BBS

Works fine for me. Rules seem logical enough too. Dont self-advertise, search for a topic before posting...dont really understand the problem.

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 11:30:30 Reply

At 11/26/11 03:54 AM, Tabu112 wrote:

Yeah...

Aldactone (aka Spirolactone) brings down the androgen levels (specifically targets aldosterone) in the body... but it also does a lot of other things in the body. Alcohol directly increases the side effects of the medication, especially the more serious ones (like knocking your heart out of rhythm)

Estradiol (a form of estrogen) does obvious things for HRT... but because of it... I'm not supposed to smoke lol. (Smoking can increase the chance of potentially fatal blood clots while on HRT) Mind you... I think that is specifically targeting tobacco... but I'm scaling back all of my fun chemical usage now, at least for a while.

BBS Signature
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 12:41:29 Reply

At 11/26/11 06:09 AM, EoD696 wrote: ...i just fail to understand...

It would appear so because as responded to before, the point of the audio ads is not to conserve server space. The main reason is that: Would you prefer one thread with hundreds of pages? Or hundreds of threads with one page? Which sounds better to you?

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 12:46:28 Reply

Can vary a lot. I've got insurance... so the medication itself only costs about $15 a month. However, that is the prerequisite of a minimum of three months of therapy and a visit to the endocrinologist, which costs substantially more.

BBS Signature
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 14:02:18 Reply

ah I see, thats good that its coverd preaty much. ^^

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 14:09:10 Reply

I fucking love this forum system. Its so streamlined its beautiful. Not a bunch of fucking buttons and sub forums and sub topics and pics everywhere and 4chan fags and shit.

Seriously I fuckin love it. I think i post here just because of how it works.

and the people :3
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 14:20:25 Reply

At 11/26/11 02:02 PM, Tabu112 wrote: ah I see, thats good that its coverd preaty much. ^^

Eh, that part is. I'm paying $200/month for two years to cover laser hair removal on my face and neck, and when it's time for surgery, that'll probably be about 30 grand. I'm just glad that insurance covers at least part of it.

BBS Signature
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-26 14:35:55 Reply

At 11/26/11 02:20 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 11/26/11 02:02 PM, Tabu112 wrote: ah I see, thats good that its coverd preaty much. ^^
Eh, that part is. I'm paying $200/month for two years to cover laser hair removal on my face and neck, and when it's time for surgery, that'll probably be about 30 grand. I'm just glad that insurance covers at least part of it.

My friend was looking into srs and in tiwan? i cant renember but its a place where they have expert sirgens because alot of people get srs there, but its aperantly around 4g insted of 30. not including the flite and stuff of corse.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-27 16:13:00 Reply

The amount of noob threads this week is horrid....

JPRixdorfer
JPRixdorfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-27 16:18:15 Reply

At 11/27/11 04:13 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: The amount of noob threads this week is horrid....

I loled about brokendeck's post in the youngest thread. It was angry, yet desperate.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-27 16:25:17 Reply

At 11/27/11 04:18 PM, JPRixdorfer wrote:
At 11/27/11 04:13 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: The amount of noob threads this week is horrid....
I loled about brokendeck's post in the youngest thread. It was angry, yet desperate.

I just saw it. I chuckled.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-27 17:35:59 Reply

Was looking through a folder of images I save from the web and look what I've found!

I kind of chuckled

The Audio Forum Lounge