00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,480 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 00:46:49

At 1/10/12 12:44 AM, Metallica1136 wrote: Huh, it won't let you do that :/

Just one of the luxuries we have to make do without here on the NG BBS...

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 00:50:11

At 1/10/12 12:46 AM, Xyresic wrote:
At 1/10/12 12:44 AM, Metallica1136 wrote: Huh, it won't let you do that :/
Just one of the luxuries we have to make do without here on the NG BBS...

Well jesus. If I already knew that there was another forum for advertising audio, I wouldn't have posted here. >_>

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 00:55:23

At 1/10/12 12:50 AM, Metallica1136 wrote: Well jesus. If I already knew that there was another forum for advertising audio, I wouldn't have posted here. >_>

You're in the right forum... just not the right thread.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 00:57:21

At 1/10/12 12:50 AM, Metallica1136 wrote: Well jesus. If I already knew that there was another forum for advertising audio, I wouldn't have posted here. >_>

I'm not taking a shot at you... I'm just saying we can't delete posts...

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 01:35:54

At 1/9/12 09:38 PM, jpbear wrote: This one's for liquidOOZLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmEgqaFv F8&feature=g-all-f&context=G2436fc9FAAAA AAAABAA

That made me laugh so hard.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 04:11:40

OH HAI. I haven't visited the lounge in quite a while... Well, Echoz and I are going to DJ together over at Springfield, Missouri this Wednesday. It's going to be pretty amazing. Thanks Echos for making this possible. :3

I'm gonna have a slumber party at his house and we are going to have THE BIGGEST PILLOW FIGHT EVER! *teehee*

Well anyway, for those of you who are interested / want to off some feedback, here is a mix I just finished. I worked about three weeks on it. I hope you enjoy it! It has some Elektro, Drum n Bass, Darkstep, Chiptune, and Pantydroppingstep in there. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure I threw in some clips from Dexters Laboratory into there. Hope you guys enjoy or something.

Coffeestep 320KBps 45:01 Clicky Clicky

*Oh yeah and here are some michael jackson looking finger LED gloves Im gonna use at the venue*

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 05:03:28

Be careful with those gloves

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 11:42:08

At 1/10/12 04:11 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Coffeestep 320KBps 45:01 Clicky Clicky

Those Dexter clips really add to the set, lol. May I ask what mixer you use again? You've said it once but I totally forgot.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 13:08:58

At 1/10/12 04:11 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
*Oh yeah and here are some michael jackson looking finger LED gloves Im gonna use at the venue*

You sort of look more like E.T.

Also slightly creepy

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 13:48:05

Also slightly creepy

Come over here and give me a handshake...

Oh and I use the Toys-R-Us-Looking-Mixer, "Spin", but i did everything in that recording with my laptop. I only use the mixer at showd because it has pretty lights. I can do wonders with my trackpad and even scratch :D

I use Djay 3. I dont like 4.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 13:57:21

At 1/10/12 01:48 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Oh and I use the Toys-R-Us-Looking-Mixer, "Spin"

Ehm, can you be a bit more specific? I'm looking for a mixer to begin with but I think that typing 'spin' in Google wouldn't get me far.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 14:24:48

Lol its called the "Spin". It is made to work with Djay. About $300.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 14:31:05

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 14:38:04

At 1/10/12 02:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Lol its called the "Spin". It is made to work with Djay. About $300.

Goddamnit, I don't have a Mac. Why is every DJ obligated to get a fucking Mac?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 15:05:13

At 1/10/12 02:57 PM, LaForge wrote: because mac users are the most hip and socially aware people on earth

Uhuh...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 15:58:06

Dont worry, you dont need a mac. The Spin is a midi controller and can be assigned to any midi interface. I would teccommend getting Traktor or Virtual DJ as your DJ program.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:04:49

At 1/10/12 03:58 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Dont worry, you dont need a mac. The Spin is a midi controller and can be assigned to any midi interface. I would teccommend getting Traktor or Virtual DJ as your DJ program.

^____^

That awkward moment when you start to feel like Rucklo...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:09:19

At 1/10/12 02:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Lol its called the "Spin". It is made to work with Djay. About $300.

They basically took the vestax Typhoon and made it all chromey and shit for mac users, because we all know mac users are dumb as fuck and attracted to shiny things (Hey don't hate me, Steve Jobs almost exclusively developed his products on that thesis). The layout on both is god-fucking awful, especially with having the faders for EQ. Not only that but you'd think that they'd develop each deck-side of the controller to be naturally symmetrical right? Nope, when you reach for gain on the left side, on the right side you'd be lowering your highs.

And no, DJ's don't exclusively use Macs, just the toolbags who spin "dubstep" and "electro house".

Anyways, as far as virtual DJing software goes, I'm pretty sure Djay doesn't figure in at all on any professional level.

Industry standards are - Itch, Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, Ableton.

Sorry to be THAT guy. But this is coming from a guy who has had a handful of different Midi Controllers, and has been involved with club nights every weekend for the last 2-3 years.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:12:37

At 1/10/12 04:09 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 1/10/12 04:04 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: That awkward moment when you start to feel like Rucklo...
Rucklo doesn't post nearly as much as you. Seriously, look at this page.

I was referring to the ^____^ thingy. :P

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:21:17

Actually cross, I just bought Traktor and completley agree that Djay and Spin are in no way shape or form professional. They are fantastic beginner tools andcan help someone learn about simple midi assigning. I work for Apple, and so I get a discount on certain accesories an apple products. This was the only reason I bought Spin. I worked with it for a few montha, learned some things, and have just now purchased Traktor and am saving for purchasing the S4 mixer, which works amazingly well with Traktor. I only DJ as a side hobby Because I love music and the club scene. People seem to enjoy my style, so Im working on new techniqes and all that.

Djay is still a great program with a very simple interface, however it needs SO much more. I use everything in it currently, and fluently, which means its time for me to expand my horizons into the gating, bitcrushing, and all the rest that Traktor has. Im going to sell my Spin mixer for a few humdred bucks and get my money back. Then in gonna crack out the S4! :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:28:24

i thought you had a bowl cut

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:29:28

At 1/10/12 04:21 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Then in gonna crack out the S4! :D

This.

I swear I'm going to try and be less conceited this year, I'm sorry if I came across as a cocksucker. The NI S4 is a great controller, and the New Version of Traktor they designed for it is LEGIT.

Right now I'm looking to trade up my Numark Mixdeck 4 channel to a NS6 or the S4. I love Native Instruments to the end of the earth and back, but I also love the NS6 and Numark. One of the guys who's on the record label I'm on, Mike Hoska, works for Numark and often is the guy showcasing their equipment at press releases and their offical video releases. As seen here, this is Hoska

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:48:28

Guys... I think Canada is broken.

Why?

This picture was taken today of the street outside my place:

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:57:43

Dude I know, I live up in N.H. Last year we had 3ft of snow at this point, and now it's piss. Forecast for the next three days, mid 40's all sun. Fuck you winter, give me my snow

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 16:59:46

At 1/10/12 04:58 PM, LaForge wrote: are you referring to the lack of yellow lines on your roads or the lack of snow on your grounds

The road closest to the camera is a side street in residential, so no lines... the far road has a line, you just can't see it in the picture.

Cross knows what's going on.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 17:03:55

At 1/10/12 04:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/10/12 04:58 PM, LaForge wrote: are you referring to the lack of yellow lines on your roads or the lack of snow on your grounds
The road closest to the camera is a side street in residential, so no lines... the far road has a line, you just can't see it in the picture.

Funny though, I was just talking to my co-workers about moving to Canada because they probably would have a foot or two, guess not.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 17:11:21

At 1/10/12 05:03 PM, Cross666 wrote:
At 1/10/12 04:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Funny though, I was just talking to my co-workers about moving to Canada because they probably would have a foot or two, guess not.

Last year, this is about the time it just absolutely dumped on us... But this year, no sign of the stuff. I remember around this time last year there was a pile of snow about 8 feet tall off my driveway from all the shoveling I had to do, it was ridiculous.

Personally, I don't snowboard anymore (Patellofemoral Pain syndrome will do that to ya), so I don't miss the snow. But I have a feeling late January, early Feb it's just gonna dump like 5 feet on us or something.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 17:13:14

At 1/10/12 05:10 PM, LaForge wrote: BFP, brokendeck and Thegluestickman, all from Canada and all report no snow at all. it's the same in the States, we've had like 2 days of light snowfall, and within 3 hours it melted anyway.

i was hoping to be snowmobiling by this time. fuck the world.

brokendeck literally lives no more than like half an hour from me, so if he had snow and I didn't... something would be really screwed up... and I would be honestly scared.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 17:22:44

At 1/10/12 04:29 PM, Cross666 wrote: At 1/10/12 04:21 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote
I swear I'm going to try and be less conceited this year, I'm sorry if I came across as a cocksucker. The NI S4 is a great controller, and the New Version of Traktor they designed for it is LEGIT.

I cant wait to get oh my god. I messed with it at guitar center. Amazing. Btw, since your an experienced DJ, would you mind giving me a few opinions om my set? I did a lot of pitch bending to "play" the wobbles at different pitches haha. I Did a lot time adjustments, looping, echoing, etc etc etc. Pretty much everything in Djay, i did, lol.

Also, DAMN YOU CANADA. We didnt get snow out here in Arkansauce. I wish we did... I wanted to record snow sound effects for a soundscape Intro :(

Ah well, at least the roads are intact.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-10 17:23:01

At 1/10/12 12:55 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
You're in the right forum... just not the right thread.

Warmer... WARMER!!!!

lel

BBS Signature