00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,581 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 22:50:23

At 11/16/11 10:44 PM, Sequenced wrote: My first gig this Friday

I'm pumped.

Lucky... I wanna start gigging, but it'd be kind of hard to do solo when I have strings, choirs, multiple guitars (Sometimes up to 6 guitars... rarely, but I've done it), drums, wind instruments and some electronic stuff to play. Makes me want to focus more on my electronic music and become a DJ... at least I can do that solo.

Complaining aside... what kind of set you doing? Big crowd?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 23:16:46

At 11/16/11 10:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Sometimes up to 6 guitars...

Really? I thought you had a ton of guitars? I think I remember seeing you say you had a lot? Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 23:26:52

I'm pumped.

How many people do you know will be there?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:25:41

At 11/16/11 11:16 PM, TMM43 wrote: Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

Is this some sort of twisted attempt to create an existential debate? :O

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:28:10

At 11/16/11 11:16 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 11/16/11 10:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Sometimes up to 6 guitars...
Really? I thought you had a ton of guitars? I think I remember seeing you say you had a lot? Or maybe I'm just making shit up...who knows any more.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying a little, I meant up to 6 guitar tracks in a song (As in 6 guitars playing simultaneously), not that I own 6 guitars... Technically, I have 4 guitars at my disposal, an electric 6-string, an electric 7-string, an electric acoustic and a bass guitar (Standard 4 stringer... I'm not cool enough to have a 5 string bass).

And even if I had 6 guitars, I'd have trouble finding people around here that could play the parts. Not because it's complicated (Most of it anyways, I've been doing a lot more complicated stuff recently, nothing uploaded yet), but because over 7 years, I've yet to find any band members that are dedicated enough to stick around.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 00:56:39

At 11/16/11 07:35 PM, LaForge wrote: I developed my permanent tinnitus when I was getting chemo.

I have permanent tinnitus in both my ears - around 15,000Hz. On top of that, I have intermittent 1,000Hz tinnitus in my right ear. (It's B5, I think, right?)

It was awful last year when I had to take a sound engineering course. Every morning, the professor would play tones to warm our ears up, and when he played a 1,000Hz tone, I always felt disoriented and dizzy....and then the B5 tinnitus would kick in again...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:01:12

So can anyone recommend a good drum set?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:05:14

You don't need to have more than two guitars playing live, ever.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 01:10:35

At 11/17/11 01:05 AM, midimachine wrote: You don't need to have more than two guitars playing live, ever.

I've gotten into the habit of never having more than 3 guitars on a track at a time... however, the stuff I do write with more could be easily played live with just 2, it's just it'd be missing a few layers of harmonies in certain sections.

But then, I can't play live, so it's really not much of an issue for me right now.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:28:58

Having more then 3 guitars playing

Why the hell not? We gather people up to sing in giant groups. Whats wrong with a little SATB on guitar? or some interesting dynamic tricks you can play with in a guitar ensemble?

Harmonizing yourself

Did you know you can whistle and hum two different notes at the same time? Most of the time creating a nice and dissonant minor second.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:31:14

Wasn't saying you couldn't, it's just never necessary in my opinion (obviously). You guys sure like semantics, huh?

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:33:59

At 11/17/11 09:31 AM, midimachine wrote: You guys sure like semantics, huh?

Yeah we do. Its a forum full of piss covered trolls after all.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 09:36:08

ur face

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 10:25:46

At 11/17/11 09:28 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Harmonizing yourself

Did you know you can whistle and hum two different notes at the same time? Most of the time creating a nice and dissonant minor second.

To me, dissonant =/= nice.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:10:03

I astral projected into my urethra, and I know it was real, because when I went to the toilet the next morning, it felt like I was pissing rusty razors, and sparks shot out the end of my dick (which was glowing blue at the time)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:24:08

don't mean to intrude upon your lounge gents, but this topic just so happened to catch my attention.

Astral Projection

i have never astral projected myself yet, though i have always wanted to give it a shot. my grandmother told me of her experience, as she does so quite often. she had found herself in the Bahamas or some islands, and described it as paradise.

i plan on giving it a shot, though i fear i will not come back. the spaceship sounded cool.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:35:43

At 11/17/11 11:19 AM, PSvils wrote: No no, I know what you mean!

I smoked some salvia once, and had the exact same experience! Gotta love those induced states of consciousness. I mean, there is NO way it's only our imagination and creativity, or lucid dreaming. Actually, I heard Asstral Projection comes in the same price range as cocaine, so I might try it next time I visit my local back alley!

I scored some 'aspro' off some weird hippies at a psytrance festival once. it wasn't the real deal, at least I don't think it is. apparently you have to process 10kg of slug-pellets to get a single dose, and most cooks aren't prepared to go that far (it's pretty dangerous), especially seeing as there is information circulating around some of the drugboards which teach you how to induce it on your own. Something about slamming your ballsack in a door until it turns blue/you pass out (whichever occurs last).

Anyway, all this 'aspro' did was make me feel kind of ambiguously connected to the universe, I guess, but kind of in a really 'horny' fashion. I wanted to do things to space-time. I tore a hole through reality and fist-fucked the vacuum of hyperspace for a good 4 - 6 hours straight (according to present company). I blacked out at one point, then woke up maybe 2 or 3 days later, dehydrated, confused, naked from the waist down, and I had my dick down an ant hill. When I pulled it out, it was roughly 20 times it's normal length, and there was an angrylittle alien clutching the end of it. He gnashed his teeth at me, then just disappeared. Like vanished. A note fluttered down from the sky, and it said "I'll be back, I'm going to bring all my friends, and we are going to fuck you up. and smash up all of your stuff. - &&&.@gjr-----.ek/"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 11:58:49

Lol parents are so dumb, they should try taking smart pills once in a while.

Yeah man hyperspace is into some freaky shit, and always sends you back into reality (or is this just a dream???????????????????????????????????
?????????) with a nasty little alien hanging off your pecker. I dunno maybe those slug pellets DID do the trick for me, I'm just glad that a covenant of hot lesbian witches lives down the road, they make a wicked ointment for this kind of thing.

I'm going to go to bed and try my luck at some astral rejection. I'm hoping that it kicks me back to about 5 minutes ago, before i drank the last mouthful of milk from the bottle. I really want to drink it again. I was huffing glue earlier (I heard you can 'sniff yourself sober' if you're having a bad trip across the astral plains), and I think I might have become a bit 'too' sober, if you know what I mean (i want to die, reality(??????) just isn't cutting it for me anymore). Anyway I heard that milk can bring a trip on hard again, if you drink it at the right time, at juuuuust the right angle (when the moon is at it's equinox), if you know what I mean.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 12:26:23

At 11/17/11 11:58 AM, jarrydn wrote: Lol parents are so dumb, they should try taking smart pills once in a while.

You speak my language bro

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 13:47:03

Just watched American Pie, which reulsted in me rocking to this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 13:48:16

At 11/17/11 01:47 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Just watched American Pie 2, which resultted in me rocking to this.

Fixed that.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 15:56:25

At 11/16/11 11:26 PM, J-Rex wrote:

I'm pumped.
How many people do you know will be there?

about 100-200 people from my high school. I have to play generic crappy pop dance music for about an 1hour and 30 minutes... and then I'm doing a 1 hour dubstep mix. If any of you have and dance / electro stuff they want people to hear, send them to me. I would like 320kbps, full version of the song...

Also, my set up is just a regular midi-based DJ contraption with a laptop and I can use the venue's speakers and shizzle.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 17:22:06

some of the funniest shit on here since sugarisimon lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 18:29:33

Apparently, albums are now called "albubs"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 19:01:58

At 11/17/11 06:29 PM, brokendeck wrote: Apparently, albums are now called "albubs"

Its nothing new. Us bohemians have known that since the dawn of time

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 19:11:37

At 11/17/11 06:29 PM, brokendeck wrote: Apparently, albums are now called "albubs"

Odly if your dose id sduck.

Only if your nose id stuck

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 19:19:58

At 11/17/11 07:01 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Its nothing new. Us bohemians have known that since the dawn of time

Oh cool you were around for the dawn of time as well? Good times. Confusing as well...very confusing, but also very good.

I remember when Metallibub brought out Mastub of Puppubs. Sickest albub ever. Then they cut their hair, got a bit younger, and started messing around with a new letter that came on to the scene. I blame Mustaine.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 20:30:31

I miss sugarsimon.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 20:59:01

At 11/17/11 01:34 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 11/17/11 10:25 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: To me, dissonant =/= nice.
Second.

That's probably because you don't use it right. Besides using only tonal chords is boring. That and you can do a lot with dissonant chords that make them not dissonant

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-17 21:12:16

At 11/17/11 08:59 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Besides using only tonal chords is boring.

Tonality isn't boring. There are only unimaginative composers ;)