00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,507 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-14 18:56:37

At 9/14/11 06:49 PM, RampantMusik wrote: What happens when we reach 1,000 pages?

Does the internet implode?

Well, no, as it happened before.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-14 20:32:06

At 9/14/11 06:46 PM, Mich wrote: the NG visualizer will visualize that sound.

Doesn't work at all. Tried it with that sound cloud link, youtube, and another NG song

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-14 20:53:40

At 9/14/11 06:46 PM, Mich wrote: If this was common knowledge and I'm just late to the game, carry on. :3

I new about it but forgot how to do it so thanks lol.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-14 22:11:31

At 9/14/11 08:53 PM, djInTheDark wrote: I new about it

Does this only work on IE or something?

Because I can't do it, and it seems like everyone else can

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 01:26:33

At 9/14/11 10:11 PM, Tc572 wrote:
At 9/14/11 08:53 PM, djInTheDark wrote: I new about it
Does this only work on IE or something?

Because I can't do it, and it seems like everyone else can

You probably need a new version of the Flash Player or something

=P

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 01:36:31

spirituality
is awesome, as long as you try to maintain a little objectivity (arguably impossible) and a healthy amount of skepticism. Don't buy too much into dogma, whether it be religious or scientific.

agnosticism

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:01:24

MINDBLOWED

I didn't know that there was a previous audio lounge......

also what's with this "highlight" the first words of your post to make it look like a conversation title???

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:04:48

At 9/15/11 01:36 AM, jarrydn wrote: spirituality
is awesome, as long as you try to maintain a little objectivity (arguably impossible) and a healthy amount of skepticism. Don't buy too much into dogma, whether it be religious or scientific.

I think the conscious attempt at engaging in objectivity is a remarkable indicator of a persons caliber in itself.

I myself am not spiritual, though I don't find myself incapable of understanding, or inflexible on the matter. I feel blind remarks or interests in something from what seems like an autonomical pull towards some sort of in the pavlovian trained novelty response a bit trite though.

Also <3 Jarrydn. You're a fresh diaper in a see of poop.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:06:50

At 9/15/11 02:04 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I feel blind remarks or interests in a subject from what seems like an autonomical pull towards a trained pavlovian novelty response a bit trite though.

Fixed my horrendous grammar/proof read failure.

As for titling posts, its so there is a clear subject to your post, it makes skimming the page easier.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:08:55

College is overrated. Find something you like doing, then do it so hard you become awesome in the process. If this requires college, go do it. If it requires travelling halfway around the world, go do it. If it requires sitting in a room getting stoned and making music, fucking do it. The only thing that should concern you is how to get better at doing what you like doing. Everything else is paperwork.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:13:59

At 9/15/11 01:36 AM, jarrydn wrote: spirituality
is awesome, as long as you try to maintain a little objectivity (arguably impossible) and a healthy amount of skepticism.

I don't think it's at all impossible to maintain a degree objectivity whilst learning about spiritual and metaphysical concepts. The only people who say otherwise are hardline athiests who are too close minded to look beyond Dawkins' ramblings.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 02:39:31

Sorry, it was a terribly worded phrase. I think what I meant to say was thattotal objectivity is impossible, but it's important to try and exercise it as much as possible (which is my subjective opinion :P). I also think that it's good practice to employ the usage of grammatical constructs such a E-prime, when getting in discussions over topics which harbor a lot of subjectivity. I keep forgetting the rules of E-prime though (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

Science is great, but I choose to treat it with the same skepticism as spirituality. I am equally fascinated with both, and assemble my world view from equal parts. This is probably why I like psychology...it's almost like the intersection between the two (especially when you start going back to the days of Freud and Jung)

After an intense period of existential angst, followed by years of nihilism, it's relieving to be able to give my life some meaning again, and have conscious control over the re-assembly of my ego.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 07:41:31

Concert today

At the local entertainment center thing. Feeling really hyped. Taking part in such events is always fun and just awesome. The feeling when you get on stage is fantastic. Glad that I have the possibility to experience it again today

I am going to sing three songs and dance during two more songs, which will be sung by my troupe mates. Overall we have 23 songs, so the whole thing is gonna last two hours.

WISH ME LUCK, BISHES

Also, didn't post 10 or so pages, I miss this place

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 10:03:57

At 9/15/11 07:41 AM, MrSaint wrote: Concert today

At the local entertainment center thing. Feeling really hyped. Taking part in such events is always fun and just awesome. The feeling when you get on stage is fantastic. Glad that I have the possibility to experience it again today

When I read this I thought you were gonna be behind the turnbtables :)

I am going to sing three songs and dance during two more songs, which will be sung by my troupe mates. Overall we have 23 songs, so the whole thing is gonna last two hours.

...but you weren't. :(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 10:42:30

At 9/15/11 07:41 AM, MrSaint wrote:
WISH ME LUCK, BISHES

Also, didn't post 10 or so pages, I miss this place

g'lurk! hope your voice impregnates all the women at the show :3

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 14:31:34

At 9/15/11 02:20 PM, LaForge wrote: All she does is drug me up, which helps, but there are still some days that I would prefer to be dead,

Don't take drugs, confront and become comfortable with your unhappyness, some how develop from the experience.

Put money towards something else, like a bouncy castle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 14:41:05

At 9/15/11 02:20 PM, LaForge wrote: Guys I'm seriously having a bad day. None from what I've done, but what I've done to myself. I constantly beat myself up for long past mistakes I'm terrified of the future and my "therapost"'s only concern is getting her check. All she does is drug me up, which helps, but there are still some days that I would prefer to be dead,

End emo rant

Look forward to your internet band!

Also,If you have any suicidal thoughts, PLEASE, reach out to people! Talk to your friends, parents, they'll be understanding!

Just look forward to your music, or try a totally different genre of music!

Chin-up man! :D :D :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 14:46:46

At 9/15/11 02:20 PM, LaForge wrote: I constantly beat myself up for long past mistakes

And you're beating yourself up for mistakes which have already happened in the past and can't be changed, because...?

Get your mind out of the past. That's one thing you can't change I'm afraid.

I'm terrified of the future

With that mentality you should be. Don't feel certain that what happens next won't work out, because if you do that then there's no wonder you're scared of the future. Think positive thoughts about what may happen and be hopeful that everything works out fine rather than scared that everything won't.

and my "therapost"'s only concern is getting her check. All she does is drug me up, which helps, but there are still some days that I would prefer to be dead,

Now that's just silly.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 15:04:14

At 9/15/11 02:20 PM, LaForge wrote: Guys I'm seriously having a bad day. None from what I've done, but what I've done to myself. I constantly beat myself up for long past mistakes I'm terrified of the future and my "therapost"'s only concern is getting her check. All she does is drug me up, which helps, but there are still some days that I would prefer to be dead,

End emo rant

Hey, yo.

I've had thoughts like this, almost driving my self to suicide.
But I learned this: why cry about events that happened or will happen, or want to end you life eairly? There's a lot more better stuff to do than that in life. So I told myself, "what are you doing? Why are you doing this? You don't want to throw away all that talent!". If all else fails, play music. I usually sit at the piano when I'm depressed and play my heart out. JUST PLAY! Play to your heart's content! If you can't play, make music.

LaForge, you have too much talent to throw away

There aren't to many people who do what you do

Always look on the bright side of life

Be optomistic.

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 15:07:07

If it helps, this kind of internet advice doesn't help me much either if I'm feeling down.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 15:20:30

At 9/15/11 03:07 PM, SBB wrote: If it helps, this kind of internet advice doesn't help me much either if I'm feeling down.

He smokes weed all the time. It's just a matter of finding that perfect level where you're happy enough to enjoy everything, but not too fucked up that you start analyzing your life.

Look at your life, bro (laforge) and think about what you do. You rock some guitar, you probably date around a little bit, and you get to party all the time. Now look back at when you were like 10. What would the ten year LaForge think about where you're at? I bet he'd be pretty fucking stoked that you make music, and are a badass. (from a ten year old's perspective)

You also have to consider, that all these "wants" that you have: you want this/that, or that you want to be some place else. That's what makes you who you are. People are totally defined by their wants. And you can want all you want, just don't be mad about wanting. Keep doing what you do, and know that there's always way bigger pieces of shit in your town than you'll ever amount to. And there's also people that have their life in a little more order than you ever will. And everyone here, in this forum, including yourself, lands somewhere in between.

Also, you have the best excuse for doing what you want, and being all pissy about it "I'm a musician" I use that line all the fucking time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 15:29:56

At 9/15/11 03:20 PM, merlin wrote: Also, you have the best excuse for doing what you want, and being all pissy about it "I'm a musician" I use that line all the fucking time.

This is actually one of the most wonderful side effects of making music.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 15:55:08

At 9/15/11 03:29 PM, SBB wrote:
At 9/15/11 03:20 PM, merlin wrote: Also, you have the best excuse for doing what you want, and being all pissy about it "I'm a musician" I use that line all the fucking time.
This is actually one of the most wonderful side effects of making music.

My band teacher said that he can get away with a lot of things because he's a music teacher. It's really funny.

Converting Vegetarians

--------------------------------

My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 21:11:42

Well, just came home after a concert at the Pep Rally

At our school we have this thing called Breez'
It's like a school rock band or something lol

It was great!
I kinda showed off by using 2 keyboards at the same time :P

lol

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 21:22:59

At 9/15/11 09:11 PM, dj-Jo wrote:
I kinda showed off by using 2 keyboards at the same time :P

Did you swing around and let your hair go wild?

Converting Vegetarians

--------------------------------

My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 21:41:00

It's been a week and a half

And it already feels like I've been in school for months. Which is not necessarily a bad thing because my week has been going pretty good.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 21:59:17

At 9/15/11 09:41 PM, djInTheDark wrote: It's been a week and a half

And it already feels like I've been in school for months. Which is not necessarily a bad thing because my week has been going pretty good.

for, me, I'm already half way in the first 9 weeks
and it felt like a week has past 0_o

School has been going by fast for me :P

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 22:21:32

At 9/15/11 09:59 PM, dj-Jo wrote:
At 9/15/11 09:41 PM, djInTheDark wrote: It's been a week and a half

for, me, I'm already half way in the first 9 weeks
and it felt like a week has past 0_o

School has been going by fast for me :P

I wanted to share with everyone that I'm going to a Counting Crows concert next Thursday (because lets face it, I'm totally a better person than anyone who doesn't go see counting crows next Thursday.) But I felt sort of TOO douchy by changing the topic so suddenly from an established conversation (which I had nothing to add to) about school to an event that is only awesome and pertaining to me. Let me know how I did:

Man, being in school sucks. I remember that horrible shit. What's the best part about not being in school, you ask? Being able to do whatever the fuck I want! For instance. I can go to a concert because you're in school and I'm not. It has nothing to do with you guys not living in my state where this band is playing. The part that makes me able to go, and you not, is school. And if you don't see Counting Crows at the exact same time I do, you're a piece of shit!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-15 22:54:11

End emo rant

I shall introduce you to the Three-Step Fix for depression I cooked up a while back:
Step 1: Go to the store.
Step 2: Buy some cookes.
Step 3: Eat the cookies.

Happiness, GET!!!!

follow me: soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-16 13:29:35

Unless it sucks. Then you'd stop watching the movie and do something more productive.

Not sure how well that metaphor works out.