New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 04:26 PM Reply

the piccies thread in some weird bizarre way actually brought this community very close together- peopel could see each other in a timeliens that soumehow made us feel liek we were all in a room together.. seeing peoples lives that we never even knew existed and if they hadnt poted in that thread would never have clicked on.

It would NOT work in the general forum - however in here.. it did.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 04:31 PM Reply

I don't find it weird at all that it works here and not in the general forum - everyone here has something in common (being musicians) and naturally want to know each other better, in the general forum that's not the case.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 04:31 PM, SBB wrote: I don't find it weird at all that it works here and not in the general forum - everyone here has something in common (being musicians) and naturally want to know each other better, in the general forum that's not the case.

The general forum serves only one purpose - it is a communal dumping grounds for everyones bad energies. You come home.. you feel like shit.. you post in general. You feel like stirring shit up, you post in general. It's a no mans land of opinions and emotions. There is no clear concise direction for it- thus it can never ever change.

The audio forum however has always been a small communal place... almost to the point of elitism and snobbery towards new users, but overall, we're a good bunch. as a result the thread works - since we all know how the forum works and if a new user comes in we quickly educate them. Also pictures give us windows into each others lives - it's easy enough to say if you wanna post pics do it in your newspost - but really.. are you going to go around looking in random peopels newsposts for pics of them? Most likely not. Half the users in that thread then became regulars becasue they posted more and people could see their.. progression, and actually attach real PESONALITIES to faces.

Thats one thing general has that we don't - they have meetups - you get to see the regulars faces in the meetup threads - we don't HAVE meetups - we've had a few tiny isolated ones but thats not a real meetup. Thus I do believe its healthy to have a communal pic thread, because our conditions are different.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Piccies Thread

Hate to be a wet blanket, but personally I don't see why we should revive the thread. I don't think the Art forum, for instance, has a thread dedicated to posting photos of yourself, and those guys are probably just as much of a small 'everyone knows everyone' community as we are, so I don't see why the Audio forum should be any different.

As much as it was a nice thread, it seems a bit out of place in a forum about music production, and anyway it's more practical to actually go to a person's profile if you want to see a photo of him/her rather than search in a thread with hundreds of pages. And there are plenty of photo threads in the General Forum if some of us are adamant about posting our face on the BBS.

Might be just me though, I've never actually cared about posting photos of myself so my opinion's biased.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
EricFreeman
EricFreeman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 04:31 PM, SBB wrote: in the general forum that's not the case.

They do have something in common; they all have the maturity of thirteen-year-olds.

Schleif
Schleif
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 04:11 PM, LaForge wrote: Did the metalheads disappear or something? I know Darkside and BMI are gone, did the underlings go with them?

Sigh.

hell no! we're just lazy as usual haha. personally, i got a lot of stuff going on rigt now though. BMI's still around by the way.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 05:21 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

I think chronamut's point is that the forum isn't only a question-and-answer board for audio-related things but also a community of people. Who have personalities. and faces. And also it's not really about

And also who cares what the art forum is doing. Who said the boards have to be synchronized like that in the first place?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 05:51 PM, SBB wrote: And also it's not really about

about looking up pictures of people on the audio forum, it's about everyone knowing what everyone looks like, and while very few people are going to look up profile pictures of other users, everyone did check out the piccie thread once in a while

dunno why that got lost
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 06:14 PM Reply

I liked the pic thread, and thought it was a great way to pull together the audio community. So what if other forums don't have anything similar, it's their loss.

Count me as a vote for unlock/rebuild/etc.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 06:29 PM Reply

One more vote for the pic thread.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 03:30 PM, Chronamut wrote: for those that werent around for its glory you can see it here.

oh my! show me more! you got my vote

:3

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

I vote for it to be reopened. I do think that some rules should be set in place for it tho...

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
AMP
AMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Conal and Sp1r1t ab contest rematch.

jk that was gay as hell
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 07:30 PM Reply

piccies

At 4/12/11 06:59 PM, TMM43 wrote: I vote for it to be reopened. I do think that some rules should be set in place for it tho...

i thought about that but then it would essentially become the lounge part 2. i really don't see the problem with having a lounge and a pics thread forever blemishing the front page of the audio forum with their uniqueness. the only reason why i kept coming back to this forum was because of the interesting characters i've met that i liked talking to. sometimes i'd learn something but that wasn't important to me at the time. a number of those characters have gotten frustrated with NG though and have left or stopped coming back for whatever reason. why strip our tiny community of talented individuals from a simple meeting up point to post pictures of ourselves and have conversations about how attractive we are? it kept some of us coming back for more. these last two years I've devolved mostly to lurking because I'm just not interested in the vast army of threads about theory and gear. it get's entirely redundant.

i can't wait for rucklol to show up and be like "what are you all voting about? i'm locking this shit."

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 07:30 PM, Quarl wrote: piccies

At 4/12/11 06:59 PM, TMM43 wrote: I vote for it to be reopened. I do think that some rules should be set in place for it tho...
i thought about that but then it would essentially become the lounge part 2. i really don't see the problem with having a lounge and a pics thread forever blemishing the front page of the audio forum with their uniqueness. the only reason why i kept coming back to this forum was because of the interesting characters i've met that i liked talking to. sometimes i'd learn something but that wasn't important to me at the time. a number of those characters have gotten frustrated with NG though and have left or stopped coming back for whatever reason. why strip our tiny community of talented individuals from a simple meeting up point to post pictures of ourselves and have conversations about how attractive we are? it kept some of us coming back for more. these last two years I've devolved mostly to lurking because I'm just not interested in the vast army of threads about theory and gear. it get's entirely redundant.

i can't wait for rucklol to show up and be like "what are you all voting about? i'm locking this shit."

I think its worse for us becasue we've seen five YEARS of threads talking about theory and gear. Also I've noticed people seem to be gettign a bit snottier.. as a lot of music oriented sites start to get. Also peopel seem to be getting bitterer from seeing the same damn questions over and over and over.. without uniqueness to the forum it becoems the same thing in different clothing over and over and over... The piccies thread always had that relaxed fun feeling where uptight peopel could unwind, be narcissistic, and show you what kinda stuff they were interested in - and have sexy body show offs.

also - piccies thread: (81,861 views %u2022 4,204 replies)

for every post there were at least 20 views.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:21 PM Reply

I said I was planning on asking her out, and she said "that would be fun."

YES

now to spend a few weeks losing as much weight as possible until an opportunity comes up to ask her.

No thanks to any of you guys, not even one person wished me luck when I asked for it.

JonBeam
JonBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:31 PM Reply

WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET ONE SONG ACCEPTED BY AN AUDIO MOD SO I CAN START SUBMITTING MUSIC WTFFFFFFFF

JonBeam
JonBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Lol at me getting the top of the page. xD

I love you fags :3

<3

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 08:33 PM, JonBeam wrote: Lol at me getting the top of the page. xD

I love you fags :3

<3

Who the fuck are you? You have no right to come into our elite little community and start calling people fags. That's just fucking lame man. Really fucking lame. Go away >:(

Also, welcome to the audio forum. We have a thread for people awaiting audio approval. This lounge is basically for uhhh... talking about non audio related junk.

At 4/12/11 08:21 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I said I was planning on asking her out, and she said "that would be fun."

YES

now to spend a few weeks losing as much weight as possible until an opportunity comes up to ask her.

No thanks to any of you guys, not even one person wished me luck when I asked for it.

Sorry I didn't read your original post about asking some girl out LD but congrats. I completely missed that. Also, no point in wasting a few weeks trying to loose weight. She said it would be fun, so go for it and soon. She'll lose interest if you have no confidence. If you really want to lose weight, do it as you're going out with her. I doubt she's that shallow man.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:55 PM Reply

quarl you bonehead thats father-of-death XD

BBS Signature
Krussi
Krussi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 08:58 PM Reply

I vote aye, to unlock the piccies thread again. The audio forum needs more pics of shady looking peeps atm.

JonBeam
JonBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 08:54 PM, Quarl wrote: Who the fuck are you? You have no right to come into our elite little community and start calling people fags. That's just fucking lame man. Really fucking lame. Go away >:(

I apologize for my actions sir. I will take a couple of smacks on the bum.

lol "elite little community"

Gangstercake
Gangstercake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 09:25 PM Reply

Bring back the piccies thread! It brought classiness to Newgrounds!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "-Albert Einstein

Come visit the NEWGROUNDS CHAT

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 08:55 PM, Chronamut wrote: quarl you bonehead thats father-of-death XD

lol, excuse me for not checking out his profile page. it's that new name syndrome thingy. you did it to me and my laqur account :p

JonBeam
JonBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 12th, 2011 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 4/12/11 09:25 PM, Gangstercake wrote: Bring back the piccies thread! It brought classiness to Newgrounds!

Piccies thread for president.

Yea Quarl gosh, go mix loops on garage band. BUUURRRNNN

lol

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 13th, 2011 @ 12:56 AM Reply

At 4/13/11 12:54 AM, LaForge wrote: Did anyone in the U.S. watch the Comedy Awards on Comedy Central on Sunday? I thought it was alright, didn't really live up to the hype. Highlight was Stephen Colbert telling everyone to get the fuck off the stage.

It was stupid. It definately wasn't worth having on 4 different channels.

I laughed harder at the video of the dog jumping out of the moving train and barrel rolling.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 13th, 2011 @ 02:15 AM Reply

At 4/12/11 09:50 PM, JonBeam wrote:
Yea Quarl gosh, go mix loops on garage band. BUUURRRNNN

low blow dude.

What the fuck?

I think I make better music when I start on shitty headphones. I don't know why but when I take things from my gfs skull candies or my crappy free ear buds to my monitors I just get blown away. Why can't I make good music from my monitors any more?

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 13th, 2011 @ 02:16 AM Reply

I find Comedy central to be garbage. As you stated, didn't live up to the hype. It seems to me predominantly hype. Like a masculine version of E-entertainment.

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 13th, 2011 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 4/13/11 02:15 AM, Quarl wrote: What the fuck?

I think I make better music when I start on shitty headphones. I don't know why but when I take things from my gfs skull candies or my crappy free ear buds to my monitors I just get blown away. Why can't I make good music from my monitors any more?

It's about how you got the first experience.
This somehow bring back memories of a story my dad told me some years ago:
A friend of him have to make a sperm test (long story, to prove that he can't have children, so his 3 kids are not his, so he can divorce... Romania of the 70s).
So, this guy didn't know where is the medical facility, my dad take him there, they give a glass recipient to the guy to "fill up". He say to my dad "can you help me ? I can't go in the bathroom... I can't cumm there. Here, take the glass recipient while I climb that tree... this is how I got my first experience... got used to it as a kid."

So... as I said, it's how you get your first experience...

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Apr. 13th, 2011 @ 03:26 AM Reply

...the fuck?

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature