00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,785,060 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 20:46:40

i try to remain neutral to all music, but i just can't with bro-step. y'all wubstep dudes should listen to some good dubstep for a change.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 21:05:11

At 11/2/10 07:36 PM, Alfraydo wrote: Prop 19

lawl
Drug dealer says NO to Prop 19

why wouldn't they. They essentially lose business... If he voted yes it's like him saying "yeah I don't want to make any money"

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 21:07:16

At 11/2/10 08:28 PM, Chronamut wrote: thats a lot of fucking percent!

I'll cut your fucking face off stoner!

I looked up the word decriminalization.. In a book. Decriminalization means like.. uncriminalization like.. Not criminal.

Fuck, I laughed so hard at that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 21:09:31

At 11/2/10 08:46 PM, Glib wrote: i try to remain neutral to all music, but i just can't with bro-step. y'all wubstep dudes should listen to some good dubstep for a change.

Haters gonna hate.

http://www.examplemag.co.uk/?p=1452

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 23:19:53

I couldn't agree with you more, Bjra.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 23:24:43

Now my stoner friends will have to find something new to talk about.

Thanks god.

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 23:41:01

At 11/2/10 11:24 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote: Now my stoner friends will have to find something new to talk about.

Thanks god.

Agree with this. I'm sick of hearing about how high people are and how dank their bud is.

It's like sweet dude... Again. I can only say sweet dude so many times.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 00:27:57

At 11/2/10 11:41 PM, Envy wrote: Agree with this. I'm sick of hearing about how high people are and how dank their bud is.

It's like sweet dude... Again. I can only say sweet dude so many times.

Mr. chilldude420x, how many hits does it take to get the center of the schwag?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 01:06:48

Pot

I predict a short term swarm of people smoking it all at once, then the craze will die, and it will just become another alcohol, and we would have another thing to look forward to with age lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 02:29:32

Lol it failed. Mexican drug cartels rejoice!

(There were a ton of problems in that bill, honestly.. it could have done more to hurt the movement than help it)

Hopefully it'll eventually come up on a federal ballot with some actual sense put behind it.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 03:33:04

Sexuality

I don't know what I am therefore I don't care. Just like how I don't give a shit for religion.

Also, arguments are useless.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 05:13:00

At 11/2/10 06:53 PM, Quarl wrote: why would biochemicals be an issue if it's just for making non edible hemp products? also, why would they put dangerous chemicals in the weed if it was for recreation? wouldn't that just be counter productive for legalization?

for non edible theres no issue, but dangerous chemicals are already put into weed saplings in the netherlands so they give more yield or grow faster with all its sideeffects to the user.
This doesnt happen with all the weed kinds but some are notorius for it, like 'nederwiet'.

Im no longer a smoker myself btw, but i used to and its also why i quitted, i was getting bad sideeffects because of chem abuse.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 07:07:52

LOL of the day
Ever wondered how is ice cream made ?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 07:17:22

I'm gonna cry....somebody hold me

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 07:26:20

At 11/3/10 07:21 AM, Bjra wrote:
At 11/3/10 07:17 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I'm gonna cry....somebody hold me
I'll hold you

Thank you

*hug*

One day we will win wont we?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 08:21:39

Prop 19 was going to make cannabis arguably MORE illegal than it is in it's currently decriminalized state. I found a lot of uproar over the bill by older stoners who had actually taken the time to read/dissect/understand exactly what was being proposed.

I'm not going to go into specifics because I'm currently on my iPhone, but if you do some research you might actually feel a little bit better. Once a bill is enacted, it can't really be modified to fit. And this one needed a lot of modifications :P. Best to wait until someone WITHOUT a vested interest in monopolizing the marijuana market drafts up a fairer and more just proposal.

Heck, you can still get weed and smoke it, no problem there :)

Also Calamistr, the reason you went loopy isn't from added chemicals...I'd say it's because ingesting too much of a psychotropic substance tends to fry you >__>. Hence why you shouldn't smoke cannabis if your family has a history of schizophrenia.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 08:23:05

At 11/3/10 07:33 AM, Bjra wrote: the main stream media has failed us and continues to fail the human race. We can only hope for a mass television boycott as the internet becomes more readily available

Long story short, ice cream can't be made from snowmen... can it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 09:55:31

At 11/3/10 09:17 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 11/3/10 09:12 AM, Tzunami wrote:
At 11/3/10 09:07 AM, Calamaistr wrote: to keep it ontopic.

discuss why calamaistr never gets attention.
Not exactly sure. Maybe just randomly go around and do intentional things unintentionally?
what

- Change style
- Write reviews
- Make a sample pack/ preset library/ drum loops pack, offer it for free and make examples of it and post those to NK, KVR and any other music related website & forum
- make a contest that put people to use a backing track made by you

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 10:01:14

At 11/3/10 09:55 AM, sorohanro wrote: - Change style
- Write reviews
- Make a sample pack/ preset library/ drum loops pack, offer it for free and make examples of it and post those to NK, KVR and any other music related website & forum
- make a contest that put people to use a backing track made by you

I can definitely agree with that first one. Growth is a amazing thing. I've changed styles so many times it's hard to say what I do best, but the overall goal that I want to achieve hasn't changed. Always look for something to challenge not only yourself, but the people around you that weren't interested in your music before.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 10:05:18

Just removed a bunch of posts, if Soro's post seems out of context.

Good tips though, so they can stay.

Cal, I'm sure people would be happy to check out your work if you weren't so negative and hostile.

Seriously man, grow up and start acting your age. If I have to delete any more of your selfish whining, I will ban you for a week. I know i could certainly do with the peace and quiet.

Now, for the love of god, can we just start talking about cocks again?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 10:15:05

Or a completely different topic such as....

New Furniture

So I'm finally getting the last piece to my new room, a new bed. I'll be able to move my MIDI keyboard back into my room and set it up so I can do some more melodic work in my songs. I tend to do fine with my laptop keyboard, but it's nice to actually have some hardware to use. Now to figure out the next piece of equipment I could use.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 10:29:55

At 11/3/10 10:15 AM, Tzunami wrote: Now to figure out the next piece of equipment I could use.

I think a Korg Nanokontrol would definitely give you the most bang for your buck. Super cheap and wickedly versatile. Then get a copy of Reaktor (or one of the many free modular synth environments out there) and go nuts!!!

I am of course assuming that your midi controller doesn't have knobs/sliders. If you're set in that department, maybe find yourself a second-hand kaoss pad :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 10:36:04

At 11/3/10 10:29 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/3/10 10:15 AM, Tzunami wrote: Now to figure out the next piece of equipment I could use.
I think a Korg Nanokontrol would definitely give you the most bang for your buck. Super cheap and wickedly versatile. Then get a copy of Reaktor (or one of the many free modular synth environments out there) and go nuts!!!

I am of course assuming that your midi controller doesn't have knobs/sliders. If you're set in that department, maybe find yourself a second-hand kaoss pad :)

A Kaoss Pad is definitely something I was looking into a while ago, but on a more realistic level I just need some things to make production easier/more versatile. Yes my controller has nothing but a good octave range (81 keys I think.. or whatever it is). I also need to get in contact with a friend that has a MIDI controller I think he doesn't use anymore. It has a few sliders and knobs, and even some pad control (Kanye West eat your heart out). I'll definitely look into the Nanokontrol though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 11:40:20

At 11/3/10 11:36 AM, Chronamut wrote: Chrons guides to improvement

I thought I'd share some of my resources with you - this one here has some totally kickass and unique things, as well as tutorials and guides to mixing, producint mastering, and whatnot- def. worth a look and a few d/ls for you beginners, and even for us more experienced producers :)

Here you go!

I am looking into it right now. Hopefully I'll pick up some good tips from around the board.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 12:18:41

At 11/3/10 11:43 AM, Chronamut wrote: I will tell you this - I have picked up a lot of things over the years - but that one link offers a plethora of knowledge - and also offers some kickass vsts! Oh and the 5000+ reason packs for maelstrom and whatnot? If I still used reason as my main DAW I'd be drooling.

But I don't.. because I find the program rigid as hell and I hate it. I only now use it in colalborations.

One vst I found extremely useful was the oen for making bass - esp. in hges as it plays - I hate bases where you can hear the loop point. Dynamically changing bass as the song progresses - that's the good shit - you all need to learn to stop relying on samples and learn to make this shit yourself - or at least generate it yourselves ;)

I know I am delving deeper into that - lots of tinkering lately.

It makes me want to study more about music in general. There are some things that I do wonder about when making melodies, considering I enjoy making 3 minute freeform melodies that I shouldn't be using in the first place. The only thing I don't have too much study in is drums, being I couldn't choose to play them in school cause of noise at home. I do have a friend or two that can tell me all the complicated advanced things since he's pretty amazing at it himself, I just need to apply the information more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 12:48:29

At 11/3/10 12:35 PM, JacksonPackz wrote: I think that join the club for music when i'm a first be creative

Crap it's you again. Sorry mate, but can you try speaking some English? because most of us don't know what you are talking about.

ANYWAY

Orange Juice

My friend and I had a race to see who can drink 2 liters of O.J that fastest, I won.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 12:48:52

At 11/3/10 12:35 PM, JacksonPackz wrote: I think that join the club for music when i'm a first be creative

What.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 12:50:08

At 11/3/10 12:48 PM, Sequenced wrote:
What.

That's what I thought.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 12:56:58

At 11/3/10 12:50 PM, djsumara wrote:
What.
That's what I thought.

Using general deciphering rules I'm guessing it's: "I think I'll join the music club when I can become a little more creative"

Could totally be wrong though...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 13:49:41

At 11/3/10 12:59 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/3/10 12:50 PM, djsumara wrote:
What.
That's what I thought.
lol at broken english. Dude- write stuff in your native language and then translate it for us.

I think that's exactly what he did on Babelfish or w/e, hence the broken English.

New tune: Yag