00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FleetSparrow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,801,522 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-02 17:15:28

At 6/2/10 04:29 PM, sorohanro wrote: All you need in your band is this drummer !

can't stop laughing, awesome!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-02 17:27:22

At 6/2/10 04:54 PM, SBB wrote: Bad ass! Almost as awesome as epic sax guy.

Was I just SAXROLLED?

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 06:48:16

Your face

I don't like it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 09:04:09

At 6/3/10 06:48 AM, SBB wrote: Your face

I don't like it.

Your face

I don't like it either.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 11:31:49

At 6/3/10 09:04 AM, Mussirus wrote:

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.

Yeah... well... you suck. ...:(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 11:57:42

At 6/3/10 11:31 AM, SBB wrote:

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.

Epic 12,000th lounge post :3.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 12:17:15

At 6/3/10 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.

Thank you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 12:27:12

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.

I suck? :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 12:43:34

At 6/3/10 12:27 PM, Mussirus wrote:

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.
I suck? :(

You suck popsicles. Probably.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 12:48:16

Praise Allah.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 14:14:24

Immense Pain

Today I forgot I was lactose intolerant...

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 14:33:02

At 6/3/10 02:14 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Immense Pain

Have a popsicle, in fact have a few.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-03 14:33:19

At 6/3/10 02:14 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Immense Pain

Today I forgot I was lactose intolerant...

I know what you need

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 07:31:21

At 6/3/10 12:17 PM, SBB wrote:
At 6/3/10 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:

I don't like it.
Your face

I don't like it either.
Thank you.

Pft, I got the 10,000th. Sadly I lost the screenshot. Baw.

</statposting>

SCHOOL
So I've got one more out of a total of 2 exams. I think I'll study a bit harder this time; last time I invested a lot of my time in web development, and scored pretty badly.

jQuery
I've always been making my code from scratch, but yesterday I decided to check out that popular javascript library called jQuery. Now I feel dumb for not doing so earlier. It simplifies tasks that are otherwise such a drag to do. Hurgh.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 08:54:25

At 6/4/10 07:31 AM, Mich wrote: SCHOOL
So I've got one more out of a total of 2 exams. I think I'll study a bit harder this time; last time I invested a lot of my time in web development, and scored pretty badly.

I have 13 exams, 11 of which are of subjects that will be totally useless for me when I grow up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 12:00:14

At 6/4/10 08:54 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: I have 13 exams, 11 of which are of subjects that will be totally useless for me when I grow up.

Whoa, you have 13 exams? That insane! My school wouldn't let me take more than 5 this year...

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 12:42:08

At 6/4/10 12:00 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 6/4/10 08:54 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: I have 13 exams, 11 of which are of subjects that will be totally useless for me when I grow up.
Whoa, you have 13 exams? That insane! My school wouldn't let me take more than 5 this year...

Italian, French, Maltese, English Language Paper 1, English Language Paper 2, English Literature, Religion, Computer Literacy, Computer Studies, Geography, History, Maths, Physics and Accounts.

Oops, I was wrong. I meant 14...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 13:59:56

Why do you have Italian French Maltese and English

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 14:01:45

At 6/4/10 01:59 PM, SBB wrote: Why do you have Italian French Maltese and English

Because their simple minds couldn't think of any other languages to give us.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 15:29:16

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 17:35:46

At 6/4/10 03:29 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: New user pic. .. So who wanna fffuuuuuuuuuuu

I can't wait to throw you into the sun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 18:06:42

At 6/4/10 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 6/4/10 01:59 PM, SBB wrote: Why do you have Italian French Maltese and English
Because their simple minds couldn't think of any other languages to give us.

Yeah, but that's a lot of languages, dude...

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 18:17:07

At 6/4/10 03:29 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: New user pic. .. So who wanna fffuuuuuuuuuuu

O NO WAI DIS WOHLE TIEM I THOT U WERE 1 GURL LIEK PAGARONxq

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 18:18:59

At 6/4/10 06:06 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote:
At 6/4/10 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Because their simple minds couldn't think of any other languages to give us.
Yeah, but that's a lot of languages, dude...

True :(. I don't really see how they're going to help me in the future (especially Maltese, since it's only used in a tiny speck of an island in the middle of the Mediterranean, and when in the future I don't plan on being anywhere near there), but since they're obligatory, I have to sit through them I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 18:34:17

At 6/4/10 06:18 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
True :(. I don't really see how they're going to help me in the future (especially Maltese, since it's only used in a tiny speck of an island in the middle of the Mediterranean, and when in the future I don't plan on being anywhere near there), but since they're obligatory, I have to sit through them I suppose.

Personally I feel everyone should be taught at least three languages starting in grade school. Two of which would be English and Spanish, the third would be of the individual's choice. Why? Because Spanish and English are becoming more world languages than most others.

From a personal perspective of someone who only had English until high school, I feel really bad at my lack of language diversity. I wish they had started us earlier with foreign languages. And required us to take them them. Because by the time I got to high school learning a new language was harder than physics for me. I got an A in my French classes, but only because of a lot of very unique circumstances. Basically our French teacher was out our entire freshman year with cancer, and as a class we were given huge leniency by the next teacher. I mean we missed an entire year, so it was hard to pass French II without having really had the French I course. So for us a C was basically an A when the curve was considered.

If we had been started in grade school this wouldn't have been such an issue. And now that I am living in Florida, not in Ohio which is where I grew up, I am finding my lack of diversity in languages to really be killing my selling ability as an employee. If you don't know how to speak at least a little Spanish then it's impossibly to get a day job here.

Also, I'm sorry if I'm wrong but aren't you located on a European island? Because if so it would behoove you to know at least half a dozen languages. Simply because within a span of a week you can drive from one side of Europe to the other. Plus truthfully at your age you can't say "I'll never be here in x many years." Nearly all my friends said they would leave Coshocton Ohio when we were growing up, and so far I'm the only one to actually move away. Some made it to Columbus, but that's only an hour away so it doesn't really count. Truth be told, a lot of young people who plan on moving away end up not doing so for a plethora of reasons.

So I'm sure it's a pain in the ass now. But to be honest I would have given anything for my school to start language training at a younger age. And to offer something other than French and German. Trust me, knowing a multitude of languages is definitely to your benefit.

If nothing else you can find some really hot college chick here in the states, when you move out like you plan, who is a moron and thinks that speaking in another language is just the sexiest thing ever. Cause oddly enough, women here eat that shit up. ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 19:05:52

At 6/4/10 06:34 PM, Gravey wrote:

True stuff.

I'd really like to learn polish. I'd like to go there sometime, cuz I know someone there. Plus, a visit for a honey moon or something. Superb.

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 19:26:19

Languages

Personally I think French would be more important to learn than Spanish, since it's used more, although maybe that's just me.

What I can't understand is why we're forced to go into a lot of detail in Maltese. Even if I DO stay here in Malta, I know enough Maltese to easily get by, and even if I didn't, everyone in Malta knows quite a good amount of English to be able to speak it almost fluently. Going into loads of detail and even being forced to learn it in college too is what I don't really like.

I plan on becoming an author when I grow up anyway, or if not an author, a programmer. None of these really need languages such as French, Maltese or Italian, since if I become an author, I'll definitely write in English, and if I become a programmer, the only languages I'll need to know are programming languages.

Sure, maybe I won't know what I'll become in the future, but I've been wanting to become an author since I was 5, I already wrote a few books, one of which was read by a famous author from this country and suggested to publish it (I said no, I don't need all that exposure), and I'm sure there's nothing in the world that I like doing more than writing.

Programming has become a recent interest, and since I always top my classes and enjoy programming a lot, even that can be a considerable alternative.

Both of these jobs don't need much social activity anyway, so not learning a few unnecessary languages wouldn't be the end of the world. Also, I wouldn't really be interested in a hot chick who's stupid enough to like me because I can speak a foreign language :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 19:58:16

At 6/4/10 07:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Languages

Personally I think French would be more important to learn than Spanish, since it's used more, although maybe that's just me.

French isn't even close to being as widely used as Spanish is. Many high schools here in the US are starting to drop their French programs and are buffing up on Spanish.

I plan on becoming an author when I grow up anyway, or if not an author, a programmer. None of these really need languages such as French, Maltese or Italian, since if I become an author, I'll definitely write in English, and if I become a programmer, the only languages I'll need to know are programming languages.

Yea, but from projects I've worked on with people I've learned that being multi-lingual is a huge benefit for anyone going into the gaming industry. Simply because you never know who you are working with. Most likely though if you have English and Spanish covered you should be fine. Pretty much everyone I've worked with both in real life situations, and through my online schooling and projects here on Newgrounds knows multiple languages. People who only know one language are becoming the minority in this world. So it's important to be multi-lingual just to keep pace with everyone else.

Also, I wouldn't really be interested in a hot chick who's stupid enough to like me because I can speak a foreign language :P.

Yea, don't be foolish. Every (straight) guy is interested in hot chicks, no matter how stupid they are. Hot chicks rule the world. Don't even try to argue that. :-P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 20:05:11

At 6/4/10 12:42 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Oops, I was wrong. I meant 14...

i have 15 D:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-06-04 20:48:14

Would anyone be interested in working on a hip hop collab. I've never done the genre, so I'd really like to learn it. PM me if you're interested and we'll talk more, yes?

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature